You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Saiyko

premium carriers are here

190 comments in this topic

[YJKG]
Players
429 posts
18,168 battles
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

Forom the 4, which one has best rockets, which one best torps, and whch one best bombs?

Rockets: Enterprise or Saipan, depending on if you prefer Hvar or Tiny Tims respectively
Torps: Likely Saipan or Graf, Graf has the faster torp planes so you can zoom in before the flak walls spawn (but you'll need to slow down to get the reticle down to a decent drop when you're in midrange AA cuz the planes go between 260-300 kts depending on hp with adrenaline rush.) Meanwhile Saipan just drops more torps per strike and they're Midway bombers/torps so they do hit hard.... Saipan just has the drawback of having no reserve so get shot down and you're hurting like hell.
Bombs: Enterprise or Graf Zeppelin for glorious deleting of people via citadels. Enterprise is more consistent but Graf just randomly deleted anything that isn't a DD.

Disclaimer: this is just my opinion based on playing the CVs, I do not currently have the time to get numbers and do a proper rundown.

[NED]
Players
1,695 posts
6,404 battles
2 hours ago, 22cm said:

Forom the 4, which one has best rockets, which one best torps, and whch one best bombs?

Saipan Saipan and Saipan.

But i think Enterprise is better carrier because it has more planes that are good enough.

But i am a carrier noob so better look for other opinions.

Especially take note when @El2aZeR gives his opinion.

Beta Tester
4,113 posts
785 battles
21 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

There was however an Italian CV....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_aircraft_carrier_Aquila

Would love to see Italian Aircraft in game....

20 hours ago, RambaRal said:

Actually, as unfinished and paper ships are not considered taboo in WoWs, there can be up to two premium carriers for Regia Marina:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_aircraft_carrier_Sparviero

:Smile_coin:

There would be other designs completed by the RM over the years (while the top brass didn't like the idea about carriers very much, and in the end always ended up preferring to build other ships they felt they needed more, the conceptual and technical discussion about carriers was very much alive, so designs were made).

Rota's carrier/cruiser hybrid design 1925

Bonfiglietti design

Also, there's always the Impero conversion to be considered...

Impero conversion model

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,251 posts
18,323 battles
30 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

Elzero only sees Enterprise...

Players
5,164 posts
8,071 battles
1 hour ago, piet11111 said:

Saipan Saipan and Saipan.

But i think Enterprise is better carrier because it has more planes that are good enough.

But i am a carrier noob so better look for other opinions.

Saipan uses TiTs, Enty HVARs, Lex have both (and more HVARs)

Enty/Lex torps are straight up superior to Saipan/Midway

Enty uses 6xAP bombs, Saipan 4xHE bombs, Lexi 6xHE

31 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Elzero only sees Enterprise...

Except there isn't a case where Saipan is better. She has HE bombs, but thats bittersweet after having to work with her tiny squadrons. Basically get Implacable and see if you can live with her reserves, if yes than you might be able to stomach Saipan. Enty have AP bomb flavor and IIRC some... interesting plane handling with little to no accuracy penalty.

Kaga brings HE flavored bombs and lulz amount of planes, Graf have

giphy.gif

at expense of equally kek torpedoes.

[BAD-F]
Players
111 posts
162 battles

Oh looky another CV thread.... shouldn't this be in the pinned, dustbin thread for CV's?

Hey ADMINS why are you not consistent?

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
630 posts
2,137 battles
20 minutes ago, FluffyCheeks said:

Oh looky another CV thread.... shouldn't this be in the pinned, dustbin thread for CV's?

Hey ADMINS why are you not consistent?

because this is about carrier containers not carriers generally?

[HALON]
Players
579 posts
8,793 battles
15 hours ago, ZWC said:

Hahaha. yes, maybe they give GZ their Stuka's back....
But this I wouldn't see as a nerf.... (Ju87 as dive-bombers are a must)

I think many will agree that new style CV-play is nice mostly because we can see the planes fly.
That's one of the reasons I wanted all CV's with good-looking planes.

Therefore a line-up of the same planes is silly.... I'll never go for the tier 10 UK CV.... 
btw. UK CV's need to have SEA FURY's !!!

A first and second line-up for planes on premium CV's would be so welcome.
Then we can choose our planes... even when it's a downgrade. 
on Graf Zeppelin I would love to fly some Stuka's at the least. 

Letting all the gameplay aside for a minute I have to say I fully agree with you.

Cant understand why Wg made that plane selection on carriers really.

• Cool 1

[NSVE]
Players
68 posts
3,448 battles
On 4/12/2019 at 9:12 AM, Amun_RA said:

I got 20 containers and I got very lucky or WG finally improved the chance to win a ship unlike last Christmas which I think was a disaster for many of the players who bought containers. 

I got 3 CVs: Graf Zeppelin, Kaga and Enterprise. Plus camos and I think 6 times 12500 coal. 

Very good bargain considering how expensive the 4 of them together are. 

I bought 5 more containers. I open the first one : Saipan. I think I enjoy it very much. 

I think the drop rates for CVs are pretty high compared to those from last Christmas. 

Players
724 posts
3,071 battles
15 hours ago, Panocek said:

Saipan uses TiTs, Enty HVARs, Lex have both (and more HVARs)

Enty/Lex torps are straight up superior to Saipan/Midway

Enty uses 6xAP bombs, Saipan 4xHE bombs, Lexi 6xHE

Except there isn't a case where Saipan is better. She has HE bombs, but thats bittersweet after having to work with her tiny squadrons. Basically get Implacable and see if you can live with her reserves, if yes than you might be able to stomach Saipan. Enty have AP bomb flavor and IIRC some... interesting plane handling with little to no accuracy penalty.

Kaga brings HE flavored bombs and lulz amount of planes, Graf have

giphy.gif

at expense of equally kek torpedoes.

Saipan uses TiT's, hmm something to bamboozle the red teams with then? lol:Smile_trollface:

Talking about CV's I think the best one for torps hands down, well in my ever so humble opinion, is the Kaga, and just something sort of off topic, I found this, interesting read if nothing else....

https://www.damninteresting.com/the-only-nazi-aircraft-carrier/

[BHSFL]
Players
1,399 posts
5,526 battles
3 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Saipan uses TiT's, hmm something to bamboozle the red teams with then? lol:Smile_trollface:

talking about CV's i think the best one for torps hands down, well in my ever so humble opinion, is the Kaga, and just something sort of off topic, I found this, interesting read if nothing else....

https://www.damninteresting.com/the-only-nazi-aircraft-carrier/

Those 3 x TiT's are inaccurate as hell.....they devastate upper strctures of large heavy cruisers and battleships as these are up close impossible to miss but as far as i tried are nearly useless when shot at evading small DD.

The Lexington 2 x TiT fighters used to have better accuracy against DD.....don't know if WG touched them too.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
1,678 posts
15,470 battles
On 4/13/2019 at 8:42 AM, Tirande said:

Bombs: Enterprise or Graf Zeppelin for glorious deleting of people via citadels. Enterprise is more consistent but Graf just randomly deleted anything that isn't a DD.

TBH I dont get how you people manage to get consistent cits with Enterprise, the DB recticle is so fu** enourmeous it covers the area twice the area of an average mm span cruiser, I struggle to get more then 1-2 per sortie

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,146 posts
14,967 battles
48 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

TBH I dont get how you people manage to get consistent cits with Enterprise

Try sacrificing a goat to RNGesus.

Or screaming "Owari da!" at your monitor the moment you drop.

:Smile_trollface:

Seriously though, it's just a gigantic RNG fiesta. Recently attacked a Mino three times in a row and didn't get a single citadel. Almost deleted a Cleve with five hits in the same match. Pretty much the only ships you can attack with any kind of consistency are FdG and GK.

• Cool 1