You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Saiyko

premium carriers are here

190 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
1,183 posts
10,095 battles

Must resist urge to get GZ and Big E...

MUST RESIST... 

URGE TO RESIST DECREASING!!

Ohhh no... what have I become!!! 

F9B1A14E-B5E5-4F02-B52F-7AA20AAF34E5.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
306 posts
9,689 battles
Just now, Bear_Necessities said:

Ohhh no... what have I become!!! 

Spoiler

8709852-3x2-940x627.thumb.jpg.a2980d75d209ba94485c364a69fa78e1.jpg

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 4

[NWP]
Players
1,183 posts
10,095 battles
Just now, Miragetank90 said:

Hide contents

8709852-3x2-940x627.thumb.jpg.a2980d75d209ba94485c364a69fa78e1.jpg

:Smile_trollface:

*looks at prem ships in port*...

Ohhh I’ve been one of those for a long time. I prefer the term WG shareholder/WG investment expert :Smile_glasses:

• Funny 3

Players
813 posts
5,587 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, Bear_Necessities sagte:

Ohhh I’ve been one of those for a long time. I prefer the term WG shareholder/WG investment expert :Smile_glasses:

If you get enterprise and GZ why not get the big package? ♡

You pay a bit more but it's worth it considerin what else is in there! ☆

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
1,183 posts
10,095 battles
Just now, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

If you get enterprise and GZ why not get the big package? ♡

You pay a bit more but it's worth it considerin what else is in there! ☆

Already have Kaga. Don’t know if it would be a waste. Might just get the one and be happy with that

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
306 posts
9,689 battles
1 minute ago, Bear_Necessities said:

You do an important job keeping this game afloat(pun intended)

Your contribution has proven most invaluable. I salute you.

Now get back to work and buy some :etc_swear: :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
707 posts
3,057 battles

Such a shame the Indomitable is not here, not sure if I should buy the Saipan as it did disappear from my port mysteriously, if the Kaga is really a T7 carrier it should go back down a tier, t7 needs a CV anyway

Which is best to go for the full premiums, or the drop box's?

As a  side note, last night  took my Audacious out for a random spin, twice, and tbh I don't know what the fuss is a about, AA destroyed al my planes in an instant, so CV's are certainly not OP, AA is and needs a nerf.

Players
262 posts
2,211 battles
23 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Turns out the Graf Zeppelin is the most expensive CV, but the weakest one to play. It's aircraft have so few HP they explode when you look at them. Thrown in a T IX-X match these have little chance i found out. My guess is that very low HP is supposed to even out rediculous high speed of the bombers. So it is by default a late game CV this, because only then the speed will help it cover distances between scattered over the map enemies and the rediculous low HP will not kill all the aircraft outright. I think the price is based on that the aircraft are not used by anything in game yet and therefore are more attractive to play with. It is quite weak though but may seem OP late game exploding heavy damaged surving enemieswith busted AA modules at an alraming high rate.

I have read complaints about the Saipan being weak but this one is a beast. It has Tier X aircraft and for me it is an eyeopener where all the complaints about CV came from in the first place : Tier X CV ! All the nerfs of lower CV should never have taken place, as it is clearly these T X aircraft that are EXTREMELY overpowered. Masses of aircraft in their squadrons, dropping 2 torpdedo's per plane, 3 Tiny Tims per fighter and very high HP per aircraft. If you want an OP CV, this is the one. ( except a proper T X CV is probably stronger ) If you ever see a T8 match in this you can probably solo the entire match.

Tried the Kaga too, nothing unusual about this one except for the enormous amount of planes on deck - delaying the moment (forever) you deplane yourself i guess - and perticularly heavy secondary guns that i ofcourse will make good use off killing DD in late game caps or those dumb enough to attack the ship.

Enterprise seems to have nothing special going for it. Seems to be an uptiered T7 with very normal T7 aircraft, only special because otherwise you will not use T7 aircraft. ( unless you enjoy playing stock at T8 )

Methinks when this package - or single ships of it be it bought or from drops - get in random rotation in higher numbers we will see weeks of endless CV complaints again. Especially that Saipan is able to butcher anything almost regardless of how much AA they put up.

Your post is totally misleading for players thinking about getting the Saipan. You had only 1 (!) lucky game in her (comparing to your overall 700 personal rating) and I wonder how from this 1 game you can judge her as an "eye opener".

She is not OP and her small resources make it hard to deal damage in the late game. In tier X your tier X planes get shredded like butter by cruisers and anything spezialized in AA.

You can make her work, but she is not "extremely OP" nor "OP", especially not in tier X.

Comments like "Especially that Saipan is able to butcher anything almost regardless of how much AA they put up." and things like "Extremely overpowered" are complete nonsense and display you are very inexperienced with (especially) this ship.

• Cool 4

Players
707 posts
3,057 battles
3 minutes ago, Feldpropst said:

Your post is totally misleading for players thinking about getting the Saipan. You had only 1 (!) lucky game in her (comparing to your overall 700 personal rating) and I wonder how from this 1 game you can judge her as an "eye opener".

She is not OP and her small resources make it hard to deal damage in the late game. In tier X your tier X planes get shredded like butter by cruisers and anything spezialized in AA.

You can make her work, but she is not "extremely OP" nor "OP", especially not in tier X.

Comments like "Especially that Saipan is able to butcher anything almost regardless of how much AA they put up." and things like "Extremely overpowered" are complete nonsense and display you are very inexperienced with (especially) this ship.

So with that, what is the Graf Zep, is it any good, I read the review what someone else posted as a link, Graf zep came out on top.

Maybe there is a reason she is so expensive

[NWP]
Players
1,183 posts
10,095 battles

Ohhh well. They are in my port now. For only £35 pounds due to getting Big E, GZ and Saipan in 2 sets of the £17 crates.

Bless you RNG. I shall sacrifice another child.... I mean goat, yes GOAT to you again...

• Funny 6

[BHSFL]
Players
1,398 posts
5,493 battles
11 minutes ago, Feldpropst said:

Nope....Tier X aircraft dealing with Tier X AA is a gentle breeze when you are used to playing with Tier VIII CV dealing with Tier X AA.

And since these ships may see T VIII matches it will be butchery, since T VIII AA is not suited to deal with T X aircraft. That is the cause of many complaints post about too weak AA and too strong AA. TVIII CV should not face T X AA , and T VIII should should not have to deal with massively OP tier X aircraft......

If you mean the other CV have much more aircraft in their squadrons overpowering them in that way.......no, because these get blasted from tier X AA too, just takes a few secs longer.

7 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

So with that, what is the Graf Zep, is it any good, I read the review what someone else posted as a link, Graf zep came out on top.

Maybe there is a reason she is so expensive

In my opinion it is in fact a weak ship if thrown into Tier IX-X matches as usual. The aircraft are VERY fragile.

Exteme speed is nice and all, but not if it results in exploding squadrons when they get near the target.

The price ? I think it has to do with the attractiveness of German aircraft not in the game naywhere else or using the single German Carrier that never was completed. I do think that extreme speed is unnessesary and the extreme vulnerebility that seems to "balance" that out too.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,183 posts
10,095 battles
42 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Turns out the Graf Zeppelin is the most expensive CV, but the weakest one to play.

Thought you be all over GZ like bees to honey as it’s a ship with great inbuilt secondaries :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 6

Players
262 posts
2,211 battles
Just now, Beastofwar said:

Nope....Tier X aircraft dealing with Tier X AA is a gentle breeze when you are used to playing with Tier VIII CV dealing with Tier X AA.

And since these ships may see T8 matches it will be butchery, since T8 AA is not suited to deal with T X aircraft.

If you mean the other CV have much more aircraft in their squadrons overpowering them in that way.......no, because these get blasted from tier X AA too, just takes a few secs longer.

Again. You have played - ONE - single game in the Saipan. 

You even added more nonsense like "tier 8 AA cannot deal with tier X aircraft".

And no, I am not misusing the therm "overpowered" in any regards nor did I.

Please do not provide general statements when you have close to zero experience in this regards.

Players
4,894 posts
6,044 battles

Thought about buying Graf Zep straight out, but then decided to buy 20 boxes, to let fate decide which premium T8 CV I should try to learn.

Spoiler

shot-19_04.12_11_11.32-0308.thumb.jpg.f66fef994e483854b904a09f9b715b76.jpg

shot-19_04.12_11_11.52-0234.thumb.jpg.efdd6396609e2eb58fbd38e2a1aaa75d.jpg

shot-19_04.12_11_11.59-0299.thumb.jpg.0b5d1fab369eea0a5a47694a0fb7918e.jpg

shot-19_04_12_11_12.19-0726.thumb.jpg.c9a32dff0d66e99ea3ac6a754fdd31ca.jpg

+80 red dragons, tons of coal and space camo

Would still recommend anyone who's set on a specific ship to go and buy that ship, as it's just way cheaper. I for my part will now have to work the coming weeks to learn more about CV gameplay.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
1,678 posts
15,460 battles

Ok I decided to try my luck with 5 boxes after all,  just for the heck of it...

shot-19_04.12_11_22.21-0313.thumb.jpg.4c281a7a1bc351f46224181b09644a90.jpg

• Cool 4

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
233 posts
5,786 battles

I was th8nking in the morning to buy or not buy, but ended up with 2X20 boxes.The result is I got the missing 3 carrier and hell of a lot amount of coal and signals...my mate alrdy sent me to hell cuz I got graf zepi, what he rly wantsXD, so today gonna be cv day I think:)

[BHSFL]
Players
1,398 posts
5,493 battles
20 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Thought you be all over GZ like bees to honey as it’s a ship with great inbuilt secondaries :Smile_trollface:

7.5 km with only the module...8 x1700= 13.6 k in 3.4 secs + 12x1200 =14.4 k in 7,5 secs all HE plus multiple  fire damage going every few seconds ..... yes you are right that will be entertaining killing DD. It may even slaughter light cruisers if they are not full health. :Smile_popcorn:

But i have high expectations of the Kaga too, although it may not have that extreme range.

However my tactic to kill other CV with secondaries needs revision.....clearly my tech tree CV's would be whacked trying to do that with these two specific premium CV's.....never thought of that. But then again that oppertunity comes very rarely since other ships usually beat me to killing CV with secondaries. DD however.....will suffer....

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
306 posts
9,689 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

7.5 km with only the module...yes you are right.

But i have high expectations of the Kaga too, although it may not have that extreme range.

High expectations or not(Don't hold your breath), if your CV is blasting away at a surface target chances are something went wrong somewhere.

[R-C-N]
Beta Tester
177 posts
9,942 battles

I was hoping they would make the CVs also available for gold in the the armory...

Beta Tester
622 posts
2,132 battles
3 minutes ago, Eurobeat94 said:

I was hoping they would make the CVs also available for gold in the the armory...

They wouldn’t it would flood the mm.

Players
5,157 posts
8,071 battles
3 minutes ago, Eurobeat94 said:

• Funny 1

[BHSFL]
Players
1,398 posts
5,493 battles
10 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

High expectations or not(Don't hold your breath), if your CV is blasting away at a surface target chances are something went wrong somewhere.

nope...because i am very agressive in late game capping and whacking barely floating enemies. If my aircraft fail to kill them before my CV gets there ( not often but sometimes one gets away with 1 hp left or so )  it's usually the secondaries that kill. And if you think 0 penetration damage will protect you, it is usually by fire damage i spec my CV into anyway, if they have AP bombs or not.

I am not affraid of takeing some shell or torpedo damage.....with 50 K+ HP, armoured belts/decks and torpedo bulged dampening damage, what could possebly go wrong eh ?

I do this all the time.....it works where aircraft kill not quick enough.,....and attacking DD without support....every one has lost that to my secondaries ( and rocket fighters simultaneous ) up to this day, with lesser armed and armoured tech tree CV.....

I am VERY satisfied by these ships.

Beta Tester
622 posts
2,132 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

Theyve said they’ll do it eventually.  They probably don’t want to fill the mm with t8 CVs especially with the current directives