You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Saiyko

premium carriers are here

190 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
123 posts
7,239 battles
1 hour ago, Blixies said:

Come on guys, share the glorious drop rates from these even more glorious lootboxes! :)

Bought 5, no ship, then bought a pack of 20, got Saipan Kaga and Enterprise. I think overall I almost paid the exact non-bloated doubloon price of the 3 ships.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,300 posts
2,490 battles
1 hour ago, B0Tato said:

So I guess Kaga and Saipan are meant to go back to tier seven at some point?

That would surprise me greatly.

[DPT]
Players
292 posts
8,457 battles
1 minute ago, MRGTB said:

Thought perma flooding was now nerfed so you have less chance of that happening?

Thats why it isn't a reliable way of doing dmg. But if your average game has 20-30 torp hits you tend to get some floodings.

And if that happens to be on a Yamato that just repaired the fire spam....

Players
1,108 posts
5,871 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, MRGTB sagte:

Thought perma flooding was now nerfed so you have less chance of that happening?

No, yesterday i got a liquidator in audacious which i deemed impossible. ☆

Flood chance is decent if you hit bow or stern! ♡

Edited by L0V3_and_PE4CE
typos ☆♡☆
  • Cool 1

Weekend Tester
807 posts
5,454 battles

Those prices are ridiculously high. What is different between Kaga/Saipan vs Graf Zep/Enterprise that their price difference is 10€?

Well... I took 5x container and got Kaga, but was hoping Graf Zeppelin.

Players
816 posts

The Graf Zep  has a rep of being a decent CV to play, not sure about the Star trek ship Enterprise  (where is the space camo for that). :Smile_sceptic:

[WWGU]
Players
474 posts
8,252 battles

5 Containers and no ships - plenty of stupid Space Camo - a bust

I'm out!

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
403 posts
10,101 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Noif said:

Those prices are ridiculously high. What is different between Kaga/Saipan vs Graf Zep/Enterprise that their price difference is 10€?

Kaga and Saipan are worth 8250 doubloons each, while Graf and the big E are worth 10275 and 10500 respectively 

Players
816 posts

Lmao!!! There is going to be so many premium CV in games today for those that hates CV's in matches. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 3

[FJAKA]
Players
1,900 posts
336 battles

glorious 24 Kaga torps (yesterday) with epic 0 flood....so yes. permaflooding is valid strategy :)

Beta Tester
2,300 posts
2,490 battles

A personal note about the Graf Zeppelin

It says in the presentation that one of the features of the Graf Zeppelin, is the "immensely high speed of her bombers and torpedo bombers". Later on it is also stated that "her attack aircraft are relatively slow".

Given that the pictures of her show Junkers Ju-87 Stukas and what appear to be Focke-Wulfs on her deck, I gather that the latter ones are the bombers and torpedo bombers, while the Stukas will be carrying the rockets. 'Cause one thing the Stuka ain't got, is an immensely high speed.

In other words, we still have no Stuka dive bombers in this or any other Wargaming title (the one in World of Warplanes is reputedly a tank buster with REALLY BIG GUNS but no bombs).

Bummer. I've wanted to fly the Stuka dive bomber ever since my dad brought one home from Hamburg, back in the day.*

:Smile_veryhappy:

* Alright, so it was only a model. But it was a pretty big and really cool model, which I had hanging on a string from my bedroom ceiling for a long time.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,158 posts
7,946 battles

As usual, bought the five container packet. Got Graf and Enterprise :Smile_veryhappy:

Spoiler

shot-19_04.12_10_53.15-0406.thumb.jpg.763229ec3d2c74c417c46b953fa29b58.jpg

shot-19_04.12_10_53.46-0359.thumb.jpg.2297146dba46e45f5fd7f0c0964e7fb9.jpg

Players
816 posts
13 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

It says in the presentation that one of the features of the Graf Zeppelin, is the "immensely high speed of her bombers and torpedo bombers". Later on it is also stated that "her attack aircraft are relatively slow".

Given that the pictures of her show Junkers Ju-87 Stukas and what appear to be Focke-Wulfs on her deck, I gather that the latter ones are the bombers and torpedo bombers, while the Stukas will be carrying the rockets. 'Cause one thing the Stuka ain't got, is an immensely high speed. 

In other words, we still have no Stuka dive bombers in this or any other Wargaming title (the one in World of Warplanes is reputedly a tank buster with BIG GUNS but no bombs).

Yeah, I noticed with the UK CV Implacable. The plane upgrades, two of them don't show any torps or bombs underneath the planes, but rockets are displayed on the 3rd set of planes. Somebody said it's because those two plane sets had torp and bomb bay doors dropped from. But funny enough, if you turn the planes and look underneath them, there is no bay doors added to the planes to even give that appearance.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,300 posts
2,490 battles
1 minute ago, MRGTB said:

Yeah, I noticed with the UK CV Implacable. The plane upgrades, two of them don't show any torps or bombs underneath the planes. Somebody said it's because those planes had torp and bomb bay doors dropped from. But funny enough, if you turn the planes and look underneath them, there is no bay doors added to the planes to give that appearance.

I guess the co-pilot keeps the bombs in the cockpit, and just tips them over the side when they reach the target? That's how they started out dropping bombs early on in the First World War, until somebody figured out that this was a Very Bad Idea.

• Funny 1

[O-S-W]
Players
461 posts
13,625 battles
1 hour ago, Amun_RA said:

I got 20 containers and I got very lucky or WG finally improved the chance to win a ship unlike last Christmas which I think was a disaster for many of the players who bought containers. 

I got 3 CVs: Graf Zeppelin, Kaga and Enterprise. Plus camos and I think 6 times 12500 coal. 

Very good bargain considering how expensive the 4 of them together are. 

???? I got 3 CVs:  ??????

[B0TS]
Players
38 posts
3,958 battles
23 minutes ago, Admiral_Noif said:

Kaga and Saipan cant see T10 right?

• Bad 1

[AAO]
Players
2,067 posts
10,419 battles
42 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

The Graf Zep  has a rep of being a decent CV to play, not sure about the Star trek ship Enterprise 

@El2aZeR senpai, your presence is required here.

12 minutes ago, TheBrut3 said:

Oh dear.

Spoiler

Also, yes they can. And they will, a lot.

[TIPC]
Players
273 posts
11,441 battles

I kinda want the Enterprise,but that pricetag puts me off...thats the most expensive T8 S#@$ ATM...

(and if everybody gets their usual lootbox RNG,then I shuld stay away from those boxes:Smile_teethhappy:)

So more Kaga planefeeding for me then probably,unless i go whit gambling anyway whit a five-pack after I wake up:Smile_smile:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,641 posts
16,121 battles
1 hour ago, MRGTB said:

Shame there is no premium UK carrier for sale after adding some to the nations stock tech tree. I actually thought there was going to be a UK premium carrier released for sale with these others, people seemed to talking on the forum previously during the early access to UK CV as though there was going to be a premium one.

Guess not?

Patiance old chap.... the supertesters are still testing the tier VIII premeum Royal Navy CV.  You may even be lucky and see her on a match.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,641 posts
16,121 battles
24 minutes ago, TheBrut3 said:

They ste tier VIII yes they can and often do see tier 10.

[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,124 battles

Turns out the Graf Zeppelin is the most expensive CV, but the weakest one to play. It's aircraft have so few HP they explode when you look at them. Thrown in a T IX-X match these have little chance i found out. My guess is that very low HP is supposed to even out rediculous high speed of the bombers. So it is by default a late game CV this, because only then the speed will help it cover distances between scattered over the map enemies and the rediculous low HP will not kill all the aircraft outright. I think the price is based on that the aircraft are not used by anything in game yet and therefore are more attractive to play with. It is quite weak though but may seem OP late game exploding heavy damaged surving enemieswith busted AA modules at an alraming high rate.

I have read complaints about the Saipan being weak but this one is a beast. It has Tier X aircraft and for me it is an eyeopener where all the complaints about CV came from in the first place : Tier X CV ! All the nerfs of lower CV should never have taken place, as it is clearly these T X aircraft that are EXTREMELY overpowered. Masses of aircraft in their squadrons, dropping 2 torpdedo's per plane, 3 Tiny Tims per fighter and very high HP per aircraft. If you want an OP CV, this is the one. ( except a proper T X CV is probably stronger ) If you ever see a T8 match in this you can probably solo the entire match.

Tried the Kaga too, nothing unusual about this one except for the enormous amount of planes on deck - delaying the moment (forever) you deplane yourself i guess - and perticularly heavy secondary guns that i ofcourse will make good use off killing DD in late game caps or those dumb enough to attack the ship.

Enterprise seems to have nothing special going for it. Seems to be an uptiered T7 with very normal T7 aircraft, only special because otherwise you will not use T7 aircraft. ( unless you enjoy playing stock at T8 )

Methinks when this package - or single ships of it be it bought or from drops - get in random rotation in higher numbers we will see weeks of endless CV complaints again. Especially that Saipan is able to butcher anything almost regardless of how much AA they put up.

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,594 posts
15,316 battles
Just now, Saiyko said:

@El2aZeR senpai, your presence is required here.

Meh, last I checked that guy thinks I'm a :etc_swear: anyway so I guess I shouldn't bother. :Smile_veryhappy:

To everyone else who doesn't know yet:

Enterprise is overpowered but will do you no good if you're not sufficiently skilled.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1