You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Saiyko

premium carriers are here

190 comments in this topic

[BLITZ]
Players
2,439 posts
9,810 battles

So I guess Kaga and Saipan are meant to go back to tier seven at some point?

• Funny 1

[NSVE]
Players
74 posts
3,597 battles

I got 20 containers and I got very lucky or WG finally improved the chance to win a ship unlike last Christmas which I think was a disaster for many of the players who bought containers. 

I got 3 CVs: Graf Zeppelin, Kaga and Enterprise. Plus camos and I think 6 times 12500 coal. 

Very good bargain considering how expensive the 4 of them together are. 

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,623 posts
4,740 battles

Come on guys, share the glorious drop rates from these even more glorious lootboxes! :)

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
715 posts
13,191 battles

May I ask for someone to explain to me the gimmi I mean special traits of the premium CVs, especially compared to their silver counterparts? Eg from what I understand GZ has fast planes and Kaga has lots of them, but flimsier? 

Players
341 posts
3,092 battles
On 4/12/2019 at 7:24 AM, Freyr_90 said:

May I ask for someone to explain to me the gimmi I mean special traits of the premium CVs, especially compared to their silver counterparts? Eg from what I understand GZ has fast planes and Kaga has lots of them, but flimsier? 

GZ:

- Very fast aircraft (TBs outpace Midway fighters)

- AP bombs

- Mini Tiny Tims style rockets

- Very strong secondary armament

- Very poor torpedo damage

Kaga:

- Enormous reserves (30+ of each type)

- Huge squadrons

- Drops four torps per attack run

- (nevermind, fast restoration time was removed during testing)

- Uses large numbers of small, accurate HE bombs

- Slow, flimsy aircraft (Weaker than stock Tier VIIs)

Saipan:

- Tier X aircraft (Uses Midway planes), very fast and tough

- TBs carry two torpedoes each

- Tiny Tims for rockets, giving very high damage and pen at the cost of volume of fire

- Very slow restock time and tiny reserves

- Literally no secondaries or long range AA guns

Enterprise:

- AP bombs

- Tier VII rocket planes, but an enormous squadron of 12 planes

- Enormous fighter plane squads (just one will kill an entire enemy squadron)

- Very fast plane restoration time (around 60s per aircraft)

- Very nimble aircraft

Edited by who_dares_wins
Error correction
  • Cool 6

[AAO]
Players
2,051 posts
10,399 battles
9 minutes ago, Freyr_90 said:

edit the other guy said it first & better ;)

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
7,219 posts
Vor 22 Minuten, Freyr_90 sagte:

somehting to read:

Premium Carrier Review #1: Introduction

Premium Carrier Review #2: Torpedo Bombers

Premium Carrier Review #3: Attack Aircraft

• Cool 2

Players
1,108 posts
5,843 battles

All of them. ☆

I'm buying all of them! ♡

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Players
1,067 posts
8,084 battles

Can someone who plays CV's a lot talk to  me about the Kaga?

I have all American T8's including Enterprise and  Saipan, and also the Implacable and the Shokaku.

What makes the Kaga go? I wonder especially when  I have the USN/RN carriers with HE bombs already, is the Kaga superfluous? Or absolutely worth 40 EUR?

Players
816 posts

Shame there is no premium UK carrier for sale after adding some to the nations stock tech tree. I actually thought there was going to be a UK premium carrier released for sale with these others, people seemed to talking on the forum previously during the early access to UK CV as though there was going to be a premium one.

Guess not?

[AAO]
Players
2,051 posts
10,399 battles
8 minutes ago, jss78 said:

Can someone who plays CV's a lot talk to  me about the Kaga?

I have all American T8's including Enterprise and  Saipan, and also the Implacable and the Shokaku.

What makes the Kaga go? I wonder especially when  I have the USN/RN carriers with HE bombs already, is the Kaga superfluous? Or absolutely worth 40 EUR?

It's not a real tier 8 - it's a tier 7, but to compensate that, she gets more planes - but I doubt if it is enough.

Here's a vid that showcases the problems:

Although that probably means that you won't ever have to worry too much about plane losses as top tier.

1 minute ago, MRGTB said:

Shame there is no premium UK carrier for sale after adding some to the nations stock tech tree. I actually thought there was going to be a UK premium carrier released for sale with these. Guess not?

She's work in progress atm.

[DREAD]
Players
6,591 posts
5,499 battles
9 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

It's not a real tier 8 - it's a tier 7, but to compensate that, she gets more planes - but I doubt if it is enough.

Here's a vid that showcases the problems:

Although that probably means that you won't ever have to worry too much about plane losses as top tier.

She's work in progress atm.

Kaga feels lackluster compared to Zeppelin and Shokaku. Her planes are extremely squishy and her only saving grace are the amount of torps she can pump out. Also interesting to note: she has HE bombs (not AP like all other IJN CVs) which can be good as well in case they make it to a target. However these bombs were nerfed recently 

[OMNI]
Players
191 posts
8,405 battles
1 hour ago, Saiyko said:

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/

They're all tier eight, so buy now, and go have fun with the minotaurs :crab:

@Alelos, there's a package to get all of them, with speshul discount, €164 :Smile_trollface:

I am looking forward to abuse speed of light Zeppelin planes and reck some Minos.

164 Euros? To bad I got almost all of them and I can't pay this amount of money once again 😂

• Cool 1

[OMNI]
Players
191 posts
8,405 battles
1 hour ago, B0Tato said:

So I guess Kaga and Saipan are meant to go back to tier seven at some point?

Saipan tier 7? Saipan is better than Audacious. What are you talking about?

[AAO]
Players
2,051 posts
10,399 battles
1 minute ago, Alelos said:

I am looking forward to abuse speed of light Zeppelin planes and reck some Minos.

Please share replay/make yt vid if you are succesful :)

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
266 posts
5,748 battles

I suck at carriers, I'm only playing them in PVE at the moment, in a pathetic attemt to learn how to play; yet I'd like to get one of those premiums. The question is: Enterprise   :fish_nerv: or  Graf Zeppelin?

[DPT]
Players
292 posts
8,453 battles

@jss78 Well I have played Saipan and Kaga lately a lot. They are both very strong but their playstyle is entirely different.

Kaga is  great dealing consistent dmg with torps. Not much but very consistent and thanks to the her vast reserves she can

be aggressive in the beginning and still pile on dmg at the end of the match. Saipan has to be even more selective with targets

and can be difficult to work with when the enemy is good positioned. With Kaga you can atleast try to put down some torps.

After the Haku nerf Kaga has the easiest torp bombers to handle in the entire game. Since you only get spotted at 6.1 km

you can come out of hiding and make an immediate attack run on an unsuspecting enemy giving them little time to react.

With TA you get 55kts and 4 torps per drop, thats insanely good. Her HE Bombers are also pretty nice, altough they suffer from worse concealment.

I mean those torps do little alpha dmg but if you get a perma flooding on a target you can make some big jumps in the dmg department.

If you find anyone out of place there is very little reason you can't just spam him to death with those planes. (Mino/Wooster might be the exception).

But even DMs won't stand a chance against your ridiculous plane reserves. Oh and since you can launch your main Weapon almost all the time you 

are pretty good at dealing with low hp enemys (farming Kraken).

My last game with her (altough it was a loss just look at the matchup).  Lets just say Kaga isn't weak.

Spoiler

kraken.thumb.jpg.91d55cc8b7a0b8a2b4cb0d57a550baa5.jpg

@Saiyko Thx for posting this, was looking forward to finally buying the other 2 CVs I have been missing out on.

• Cool 4

[AAO]
Players
2,051 posts
10,399 battles
3 minutes ago, Desteban said:

My last game with her (altough it was a loss just look at the matchup).  Lets just say Kaga isn't weak.

I must admit that's an amazingly small amount of planes shot down by the reds...

[DPT]
Players
292 posts
8,453 battles
1 minute ago, Saiyko said:

I must admit that's an amazingly small amount of planes shot down by the reds...

Lets just say that if it weren't for the loss on points I would have had enough planes to deal with what was left of the reds. (DMs were on different flanks and alone each)

Players
816 posts
17 minutes ago, Alelos said:

164 Euros? To bad I got almost all of them and I can't pay this amount of money once again

You can buy them individually also.

• Funny 1

Players
816 posts
8 minutes ago, Desteban said:

I mean those torps do little alpha dmg but if you get a perma flooding

Thought perma flooding was now nerfed so you have less chance of that happening?