You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Intergalactic Games: Torpedo Beat

19 comments in this topic

Players
5 posts
4,458 battles

I know it's only a game, but Space Battles in general and Torpedo Beat in particular is just just garbage.

I wish I could give you some constructive feedback, but only thing I can think of is ERASE.

No reward is worth wasting this much time on.

• Cool 8

Players
82 posts
4,296 battles
1 hour ago, GoneFishingAgain said:

I know it's only a game, but Space Battles in general and Torpedo Beat in particular is just just garbage.

I daresay, this man hit the nail right in the face. While the first mode, at least, involved some thinking, "Torpedo Beat" can only be considered a pita. Tactical play and positioning is out of question since the sections are capped so fast and going into the torpedo soup is all about luck. A single map only, is also not very entertaining. I suffered my way to the Rover, because I could use some Elite Commander XP and tried to make the best of it's long range torps, by keeping at medium range and spamming them everywhere. For me, It was not an enjoyable experience, I simply did it because it's the easiest way to train commanders and make some credits. In-game chat revealed that most players feel exactly the same way. They put up with this nonsense for the results, not the gameplay. I am sorry to admit that I quit, as soon as I reached my goal. I would have loved to see  improved submarines instead of this "Fast Paced Action" (TM) for the young folks. You seem to forget that your paying customers are of the slightly more seasoned variety. 

• Cool 4

[OHMSS]
Players
6 posts
198 battles

So I am not alone with my opinion.

Can't add anything that hasn't already been said, it's just utter garbage. 

• Cool 2

[-5D-]
[-5D-]
Beta Tester
215 posts
3,284 battles

Its fun for the first 5 games and after that its a chore.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,084 posts
3,841 battles

I pity that actual development effort has been put into this... Not a lot by the looks of it, but still too much.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
374 posts
5,275 battles

1) No air cancer

2) Eurobeat turned up to 11

But yeah it gets boring fast, and it requires a lot of dynamic planning so it 60% of wows playerbase is out right from the start.

[T-N-T]
Players
2,276 posts
10,476 battles

I am a bit torn on the torpedo soup mode.

Given all the heals you get, dying usually only happens when you get outplayed by several enemies at once that, by chance or actual teamplay, crosstorp you.

So if you avoid getting between several enemies, you should be fine. That technically means you have a large say in who wins the battle and don't rely much on your team (that's refreshing).

However if several decent players meet each other, it ends up in sort of an impasse as neither will really be able to outplay the other one (again, unless some teamplay happens).

It kinda depends what kind of players will keep playing the mode. If average potatoes attempt to farm the mode for quick games and relativey small yet fast rewards, it could remain fun for most. If capable players want to farm, it could become very stale rather quickly with people staying far from each other and relying on long range surprise crosstorps.

[CR-S]
Players
400 posts
19,383 battles

I blew through all three daily containers in about an hour because only one match lasted longer than 5 minutes. The torp-soup was quite entertaining. Also, i got around 50k elite-points and few thousand FreeXP, that´s nice.

on the downside:

the extremely fast-paced action doesn´t fit naval warfare, but Wows is generally transforming into a 1st-person shooter to pander to the teens while scaring away us old farts (i mean 30+).

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
374 posts
5,275 battles
godzinę temu, Toivia napisał:

Given all the heals you get, dying usually only happens when you get outplayed by several enemies at once that, by chance or actual teamplay, crosstorp you. 

Crosstorping won`t help if the enemy sees it coming. The ridiculous rates of both acceleration, and deceleration make it just too easy to dodge.

On the other hand torping from behind the enemy line seems useful

[T-N-T]
Players
2,276 posts
10,476 battles
3 hours ago, Infiriel said:

Crosstorping won`t help if the enemy sees it coming. The ridiculous rates of both acceleration, and deceleration make it just too easy to dodge.

On the other hand torping from behind the enemy line seems useful

Well yeah, I meant as unexpected as the torps can be. Speaking of that, it seems the Z-52 alike is a clear winner here. It has almost the fastest torps yet they are by far the stealthiest. (It's usually those torps that get me when they come from where i don't expect them.)

Anyway, just got 3 quick games in and sadly decent players seem to play now, so the battles got A) long and B) bloody tedious. Sad, with potatoes dying randomly al over the place, it was kinda fun.

[R7S]
[R7S]
Beta Tester
178 posts
5,378 battles

Torpedo Beat is just Bad Bad BAD! What was WG thinking? This is some garbage arcade crap right here. No real tactics at all, just yolo right at them. Games last all of 3 min.

• Cool 1

[O_P]
Players
5 posts
9 hours ago, drmajga said:

I blew through all three daily containers in about an hour because only one match lasted longer than 5 minutes. The torp-soup was quite entertaining. Also, i got around 50k elite-points and few thousand FreeXP, that´s nice.

on the downside:

the extremely fast-paced action doesn´t fit naval warfare, but Wows is generally transforming into a 1st-person shooter to pander to the teens while scaring away us old farts (i mean 30+).

Consider this old fart scared away (58 this year) its like playing asteroids in the 80's, that was crap as well

Players
10 posts
775 battles
23 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

Feel the pulse of the Torpedo Beat!

Read it on the portal

usles *edited*, fix the [edited]game and then work to do all this *edited* WG, feell the *edited*

Edited: Insults and swearing.

Arty_McFly

Edited by Arty_McFly
Insults and swearing
  • Cool 1

Players
157 posts

I like it. Nice practise on DD vs DD close quaters action...all though its getting more rare with all these CVs and radars and whatnot.

*edit

I really like it :cap_look:

20190416195617_1.thumb.jpg.6be61bab64d2ad103ccf3517c0849419.jpg

Edited by Fatal_Ramses

[EUR]
Players
307 posts
3,778 battles
14 hours ago, __RSK__ said:

Well at least there are no CV's in.. so that is nice

I freely admit that I played twice and didnt understand what i was suppose to do, spend time  mesmerized by the blinking and zapping sounds and then i was ded. Also I couldn't shoot :Smile_teethhappy: spend a while trying to figure that out too haha :D

Players
135 posts
1,070 battles

I was enjoying Space Battles until now, but Torpedo Beat is just unplayable. I mean, yes you can take part, but in terms of 'play' there is none, unless you count scooting around firing torpedos as fast as you can as an intelligent use of your time.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
31 posts
2,705 battles

Seriously? Guess I'm going against the trend here, but I really enjoyed this game mode - I found it absolutely hilarious and fun. Zooming around at warp speed, dodging hyper torpedoes, all to a cheeky/cheesy beat - what's not to like? Divved up with a couple of clanmates yesterday and we couldn't stop laughing.

Sure, it could get a bit repetitive but that's what the other modes are for; just switch back to randoms, coop or whatever if it all gets too much, the rounds don't last that long anyways making them good 'filler' between matches.