Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GulvkluderGuld

Instant permanent turret knockout

24 comments in this topic

Players
2,918 posts
16,614 battles

Question for all of you. Do you experience permanent destruction of primary mounts often, without it being knock-out already? I do, and this game was just the drop.

Team behind so pushing a cap in Alsace against 2 mushis, actually killing one while the other is behind an island. Then brawling with the other.

- his first volley knocks out 1st turret, so i repair (he prolly shoot for turrets)

- his second volley instantly permanently kills 1st turret (that was reloading after repair)

- his 3rd volley instantly permanently kills 2nd turret (that had not been damaged previously)

In the end rammed the Cruiser as i couldnt balp him (difficult already without overmatch)

WTF?!

I run main armaments module but not PM (yet, but maybe I should? Alsace seems to often lose turrets)

shot-19.04.10_16.11.58-0565.jpg

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

pretty much just a case of shat hippens.

Those turrets are not particularly strong (flat face), and you should know the kind of pen Yamato guns have at close range. Add to that an opponent that knew where to shoot and got sufficiently lucky with where his shells decided to end up, and this can be the result.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,840 posts
5,332 battles

Alsace does seem particularly vulnerable to this, I once knocked all three turrets off a one, one of which was gone for good.

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,688 posts
13,813 battles

Bad luck. Can't say it happened to me in Alsace. Still, looks like you played a nice game.

I'd say get PM if you want this captain on Republique.

[KAKE]
Players
2,567 posts
6,182 battles
12 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

- his 3rd volley instantly permanently kills 2nd turret (that had not been damaged previously)

Modules being temporarily knocked out has some RNG to it, so the turret might have suffered penetrating hits earlier without being knocked out.

Also, I'm not sure if preventive maintenance actually increases individual module HP (which would make it harder for them to be permanently destroyed). I think it just reduces the probability of them being temporarily knocked out on taking damage.

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
483 posts
7,636 battles

If someone angles against you at close range it`s sometime beneficial to just go for "firepower kill" - disabling all turrets facing in your direction.
It works well against RN BB`s (crap armor), and FR BB`s (few, turrets with not that good armor)

• Cool 2

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,277 battles

I played the zao a little bit recently and was perma losing torp tubes in all my games. One game I lost all 4, but every other game was 1-2 permanently destroyed. This seems (confirmation bias) far worse than it used to be

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,828 posts
8,982 battles
6 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

I played the zao a little bit recently and was perma losing torp tubes in all my games. One game I lost all 4, but every other game was 1-2 permanently destroyed. This seems (confirmation bias) far worse than it used to be

I tend to agree.

F.e. losing torptubes on Hindenburg/(Minotaur) all the time.

@ OP

Yeah, ive had turrets destroyed without them being knocked out before. Once with Hindenburg vs Buffalo (or was old Balti, cant remember). When i killed him, his last salvo destroyed one of my turrets completely. Game was like 4 mins old at that point :Smile_sceptic:

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,840 posts
5,332 battles
12 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Torpedo tubes are essentially unarmored so even a nearby he shell can wreck them.

Players
558 posts
5,171 battles

i have on occasion succeeded in doing this deliberately.

simply for the salt resulting from killing all of their primary guns and sailing off, leaving them there.

not easy to do with mid t6/7 dispersion, but still doable.

• Funny 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,561 posts
6,319 battles

Losing both main batteries is a mix of aim and rng, but in this case its like 99% rng to be perfectly honest

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,277 battles
3 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Torpedo tubes are essentially unarmored so even a nearby he shell can wreck them.

What I more mean is that previously they might get damaged, wheras now they seem to be getting perma destroyed on a regular basis, something that I dont think used to happen before (but dont have stats/evidence for this, so Im happy to put it down as confirmation bias)

Players
2,918 posts
16,614 battles

Alot of this is probably RNG, but I frequently have this happen with torpedo tubes aswell on DDs from just 1 volley of HE (from undamaged to permamently disabled).

It is the first time in hundreds of games that I have permanently lost both turrets,but losing one permemently happens rather frequently.

27 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Those turrets are not particularly strong (flat face), and you should know the kind of pen Yamato guns have at close range. Add to that an opponent that knew where to shoot and got sufficiently lucky with where his shells decided to end up, and this can be the result.

Ofc the pen is nice, as is the sigma at that range. I only guess he knew where to shoot for turrets (questionable since i could ram him anyway if not for the CA)

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
4 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

It is the first time in hundreds of games that I have permanently lost both turrets,but losing one permemently happens rather frequently.

guess you have not played early-days T6 Ognevoi then? at least every one game in ten you'd lose both of your turrets permanently... if I recall, that ship alone was actually the main reason for a massive buff in turret survivability across the board... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
2,918 posts
16,614 battles
7 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

guess you have not played early-days T6 Ognevoi then? at least every one game in ten you'd lose both of your turrets permanently... if I recall, that ship alone was actually the main reason for a massive buff in turret survivability across the board... :Smile_teethhappy:

I played it - in ranked to boot! And with a 60%+ WR too.:Smile_teethhappy:

All russian dds was terrible (and gearing too) for losing turrets.

Most of it has been fixed which is why I havn't experienced it in hudreds of games :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Players
695 posts
10,435 battles

When playing my JB in co-op if I encounter bot JB I always aim for/under the turrets and every time manage to destroy at least one permanently. Yamato/Musashi has an even easier job thanks to overmatch and high shell damage.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles

Happens a lot with french BBs. Particulary stupid with the Jean Bart, but i just go and turn it into an oversized torpedo with speedboost when that happens.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,840 posts
5,332 battles
4 hours ago, Xevious_Red said:

What I more mean is that previously they might get damaged, wheras now they seem to be getting perma destroyed on a regular basis, something that I dont think used to happen before (but dont have stats/evidence for this, so Im happy to put it down as confirmation bias)

No offense mate, but seeing as I haven't noticed it happening any more often than normal myself, I'll put it down as that for now (but keep a eye out for it just in case)

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,156 battles

Shame you did not post exact page of hits received.

Taking under consideration that one salvo is more than one shell. It can be damaged by first one, and destroyed by second one.

But to know we would have to know how exactly timing of shells is calculated etc.

Can be bug, like one shell dealing damage twice, that does happen in this game.

I would say not enough data, but replay should be send to WG for investigation.

Actually it would be nice if they would explain some strange behaviours in tiny details so we would know more.

Players
3,279 posts
19,066 battles
17 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

actually he didnt know where to shoot. you can murder an alsace with 460mm guns easly. if he went for the overmatch, he would have killed that alsace in 3 salvos instead of knocking out its guns. 

Sign in to follow this