You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Beastofwar

Do you actually like space battles or rather have other content ?

Do you like fantasy events ?   

122 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like fantasy events ?

• Yes i like space battles and Halloween battles, i don't mind if elements ( camo's, sounds ) of those end up in normal PvP/Ops/Coop enviroments
    • Yes i like space battles and Halloween battles, but i do not want elements ( camo's, sounds ) of those disturb immersion in a WWI/WWII setting in normal PvP/Ops/Coop enviroments
    • No i dislike fantasy crap and do not want to have elements of those wreck my immersion in a WWI/WWII setting in normal PvP/Ops/Coop enviroments
    • I dislike fantasy events, i do not play them or have little interest in them
    • I hate fantasy events, ignore them completely
    • I don't have any particlar feelings towards these kind of events and I frankly don't care if those elements gets into regular play or not!

78 comments in this topic

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,487 battles

To me space battles are unwelcome in a game that offers the most detailed and beautiful models of warships spanning a period roughly between before WW1 and somewhat after WW2. It is not that i tuely hate it but it feels like waste of development time that could have been used to give these WWi and WWII ships a better and more fitting enviroment outside of PvP matches, but probably give us more interesting maps in PvP too.

Because there is/can be a game outside PvP matches too. Now that is Operations which have become very limited, or Coop but i feel WG should be investing in making real famous sea battles come to life in another game mode where you get to replay those battles.

But they do not and create Halloween events, Space battles and what not which can be seen as irrelavant circus style crap to entertain.....who in fact ? Since the player base seems somewhat older then in similar games such as their own WOT. This should indicate they do not like wild "kiddie" content seemingly aimed at youngsters all that much. Or is it aimed at other nations players ? Such a Japanese culture....To actually attract more youngsters to the game maybe ? Is marketing perhaps a little too ambitious not recognising ruining their own game by this ?

How many players enjoy fantasy creation events in a game with very accurate WWI and WWII ship models ? Who likes to see them with manga camo's and space camo's and sounds outside their circus enviroments ?

Dou you think WG should invest their development time and recourses into more relevant ( WWI/WWII ) content or realistic/historic settings and enviroments ?

Players
1,682 posts
8,733 battles

I think all fantasy events are stupid and dont belong in WOWS.

I would rather see events based on real battles, with teams taking the sides of nations in actual replays of what occurred using the ships that took place in those battles.

Axis vs Allies events would also be welcome....

• Cool 6

[KAKE]
Players
2,563 posts
6,161 battles

The ships are all well balanced with each other and there are no CVs. Hell yes I like it.

• Cool 5

[BOBS3]
Players
1,010 posts
19,189 battles

I wish that they would put more operations in place. Operation Dynamo is good, more please! Better yet if Dynamo was restricted to French, British & Commonwealth, Polish and other allied navies. The US was neutral and the USSR was "fighting on the same side" as Germany. Would be good to see Norwegian & Dutch ships involved.

However I do accept that they do use these special fantasy events to test out things with a larger population than on the test server. This said I do not look out for them with excitement.

• Cool 6
  • Angry 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,487 battles
1 minute ago, Cambera_1 said:

However I do accept that they do use these special fantasy events to test out things with a larger population than on the test server. This said I do not look out for them with excitement.

That is almost exactly the way i feel about them......but the laser sounds and camos, and monster camos in PvP do ruin my immersion in otherwise very detailed WWi/WWII ship combat. One step futher and you see bathtub comic-style  drawn creations in PVP battles too.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,809 posts
8,982 battles

The only thing i dont like, are the Space camos. The only ones i disabled, since its extremely annoying to see if they are burning.

But in general, i think its a good way to test stuff for WG (f.e. MBRB). Guess that works much better than doing it on the PTS :Smile_teethhappy: But also other stuff like new gamemodes.

And its also a way to play (test) ships you dont have yourself. Ofc you have to know which techtree ship they represent :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3

Players
930 posts
8,872 battles

Youre forgetting one thing. WG often use these events to test new concepts outside the main gameplay. Thats a very important thing IMHO. Other than that, these events are often a lof of fun and they offer a little fresh gameplay. 

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,130 battles

I have read the poll and it was clearly obvious what your opinion is.

Laser is as accurate as the device that points it.

I play missions, missions require to play space battles thus I play them. I could care less if they are ships or ducks, as long as they are what I like.  

It is actually other way to check new solutions that can be later implemented in the game, so it has some use.

OP You can turn off camos. (I guess you are not playin ships that never existed as they are not historically accurate).

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,487 battles
Just now, DJ_Die said:

Youre forgetting one thing. WG often use these events to test new concepts outside the main gameplay. Thats a very important thing IMHO. Other than that, these events are often a lof of fun and they offer a little fresh gameplay. 

That is true but does it need to have such circus setting ? You could do it with your normal ships but with some extra attractive awards could it not ?

[JRM]
Players
6,556 posts
24,729 battles

I don like them, I can go with some occasional anime captain or such but making this space crap while we still dont have a single historic op...

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
Players
1,010 posts
19,189 battles

Tell you one thing - I wish they had released the reworked carriers in a Space Event first and found out how it went down before ripping and replacing RTS Carriers! It might have saved a lot of grief.

• Cool 6

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,394 posts
7,276 battles

My main interest is the possible new mechanics being tested.

However I dont hugely mind them being sci-fi/horror, its something different for a few weeks. If you dont want to see them in the "real" game you can always turn them off in the settings. I only wish I could turn off some of the god awful normal camos - those chinese new year, or the st patricks, or the US/UK ones.

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,487 battles
Just now, Yedwy said:

but making this space crap while we still dont have a single historic op...

This indeed...

• Cool 2

[BOBS3]
Players
1,010 posts
19,189 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

I don like them, I can go with some occasional anime captain or such but making this space crap while we still dont have a single historic op...

Dynamo, I know it is off rotation now while they train bots as pilots, but is historical to the greater extent.

Cherry Blossom is also pretty acceptable... Again off rotation...

• Cool 5

Players
3,130 posts
10,768 battles

Don't play them.

IMHO instead of spending time and effort on it, they could be doing other things like bringing out different nation lines, extra ships and balancing things out.

But if it floats your boat then i see no harm in them, just not my cup of tea. :cap_tea:

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
6,556 posts
24,729 battles

Exactly they are off rotation, so instead of making say recreation of Jutland for t3-5 ships or sharnhorst/gneise channel dash we get stuck with some generic ops and never ending haloween events followed by the spacecrap

• Cool 1

Players
930 posts
8,872 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

That is true but does it need to have such circus setting ? You could do it with your normal ships but with some extra attractive awards could it not ?

Because some of us actually like the change of setting? Last time i checked nobody forces you to play those modes, do they? 

• Cool 1

Players
930 posts
8,872 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Exactly they are off rotation, so instead of making say recreation if Jutland for t3-5 ships or sharnhorst/gneise channel dash we get stuck with some generic ops and never ending haloween events followed by the spacecrap

You do realise that it would be far removed from reality anyway?  Probably even more so. Besides whos gonna play USN in a Pearl Harbour scenario or Japs in operation Ten-Go? 

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,895 posts
19,717 battles
18 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

but the laser sounds and camos, and monster camos in PvP do ruin my immersion in otherwise very detailed WWi/WWII ship combat.

You do realize you can just, you know, turn them off?

• Cool 6

[JRM]
Players
6,556 posts
24,729 battles
8 minutes ago, DJ_Die said:

You do realise that it would be far removed from reality anyway?  Probably even more so. Besides whos gonna play USN in a Pearl Harbour scenario or Japs in operation Ten-Go? 

Bots?

[BOBS3]
Players
1,010 posts
19,189 battles
11 minutes ago, DJ_Die said:

But Pearl Harbour could be an operation for Japanese ships.

Ten-Go could be an operation for Allied ships.

North Cape could be a battle for German Ships (make sure that the Germans get to keep their Destroyers here!)

Hunt The Bismarck could be a operation for British & Commonwealth, US and a separate operation for German ships.

Just because the real event went one way doesn't mean it can't be modelled and historic outcomes overturned. The Graf Spee could win River Plate.

Edited by Cambera_1
Punctuation
  • Cool 5

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
42 minuti fa, DFens_666 ha scritto:

The only thing i dont like, are the Space camos. The only ones i disabled, since its extremely annoying to see if they are burning.

Also difficult to estimate their speed because they lose the smoke cloud from the smokestacks... 

• Cool 4

[SHAFT]
Players
9,809 posts
8,982 battles
Just now, Bics93 said:

Also difficult to estimate their speed because they lose the smoke cloud from the smokestacks... 

True, i already forgot about that one :Smile_unsure:

Bad thing is, i cant use those bionic camos either :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1