Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shungite_Merchant

Cv and quality of life idea for surface ships

24 comments in this topic

Players
340 posts
14,937 battles

I know it can be painful and things, I also hate to see toxic behaviour in a game I love and enjoy, if anyone wants my opinion on the rework, I say it's only just begun and waiting to see what happens next with it,,,, a situation where players tent to lose it a little is when we get focused hard by them, not shooting down enough aircraft ect, it's kind of annoying, but what if they moved the aircraft damage counter into the main damage counter, so even if we get focused hard, we get some nice juicy damage from it :) simple idea for a slight improvement to our games, but I hope it's considered, and love to see any comments @MrConway

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

Players
340 posts
14,937 battles
4 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

uh... no? that would straight up make the UI worse and nothing else?

Why, we have 2 damage counters at the moment one for ships one for aircraft, just make it one

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,249 battles

What about a portable defense shield against pesky CV`s if the operator is called "Mr. Musashi" ?

image.thumb.png.e3b20716d27fcb1ee15c937c7679064e.png

Also 64 players in random, including 5v5 CV`s would be awesome :)

image.png.1f965a723857635fcd42d77678fd7c4e.png

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
11 minutes ago, The_fun_police said:

Why, we have 2 damage counters at the moment one for ships one for aircraft, just make it one

uh... no, we have two separate damage counters for two separate things. just keep them separate. These two things have absolutely nothing to do with eachother (hell, one of them doesnt even have any player input in the first place).

• Cool 3

Players
340 posts
14,937 battles
34 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

uh... no, we have two separate damage counters for two separate things. just keep them separate. These two things have absolutely nothing to do with eachother (hell, one of them doesnt even have any player input in the first place).

Um. So I'm trying help a situation where going on the flank is death no reward and focused hard to a situation where going on the flank focused hard but rewarded, tbh I hate the toxic behaviour I can see in some games, I'd like to end that, but I think this would improve the game experience and the aircraft is the extension of the cv, they kind of belong together 

Players
2,918 posts
16,614 battles

Aiming to create more balance and interaction between players by changing something completely unrelated to the situation?

Sounds legit like some of the :etc_swear: ideas coming out of the WG balans deparment. Be careful with suggestions like that, they might just grab it and run with it:cap_book:

• Funny 1

[-SOG-]
Players
404 posts
8,856 battles
55 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

The question is how much reward are you given for plane damage if any, or do we only get for the planes we shot down? Does anyone know? 

It is very frustrating when you get 20K plane damage and only 2 planes shot down due to the way AA damage is spread amongst the plane squadron.

I am a CV player myself and as it is now it is quite easy to avoid losing planes by charging in, drop, charge out and retreat, or heal up for torpedo planes. If the damage was flat so 2.5K damage = 1 plane shot down it would feel better for surface ships but how would it affect CV gameplay we dont know, WG chosed the spread out damage by some reason. 

• Cool 1

Players
340 posts
14,937 battles

i am sorry if i upset people, my idea was more about visual reward for ships that get focused hard, might end some the toxic behavour we do see in game, i dont want wows to become like WOT where shooting AT is standard practice, ive seen this btw in wows recontly, but its just an idea, but like if u like toxic behavour i guess u do, i dont 

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
9 minutes ago, The_fun_police said:

i am sorry if i upset people, my idea was more about visual reward for ships that get focused hard, might end some the toxic behavour we do see in game, i dont want wows to become like WOT where shooting AT is standard practice, ive seen this btw in wows recontly, but its just an idea, but like if u like toxic behavour i guess u do, i dont 

You don't have to be sorry for anything. You have right to express your opinion as anyone else on this forum. 
Of course as long as it is in line with rules and forum etiquette. 

In my opinion, as previous player stated problem would be that one have totally player input and second is automated. 
So I think keep them splitted is better. I am not sure tho if you are enough rewarded for killing those pesky planes!

• Cool 5

[XTREM]
Players
1,688 posts
13,813 battles
3 minutes ago, The_fun_police said:

Nobody likes toxic behaviour, but the issue here is that you can't combine these 2 damage counters because they are entirely unrelated.

After all, damage dealt to ships is a result of more player intensive action than damage dealt to planes, which occurs by itself. At most, you change sectors or press consumable buttons.  

These 2 things should stay separate. 

What could be up for discussion however is the reward you get for the plane damage at games' end. 

• Cool 3

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,484 battles
8 hours ago, affie said:

The question is how much reward are you given for plane damage if any, or do we only get for the planes we shot down? Does anyone know? 

It is very frustrating when you get 20K plane damage and only 2 planes shot down due to the way AA damage is spread amongst the plane squadron.

I am a CV player myself and as it is now it is quite easy to avoid losing planes by charging in, drop, charge out and retreat, or heal up for torpedo planes. If the damage was flat so 2.5K damage = 1 plane shot down it would feel better for surface ships but how would it affect CV gameplay we dont know, WG chosed the spread out damage by some reason. 

Continuous AA damage is applied to a random plane in a squadron, so RNG could put it all on one plane or spread it out. Flak cloud damage applies to those planes of the squadron that flies through it.

I am pretty certain WG stated somewhere near release time that AA damage/kills would be rewarded in the xp calcuations, but it is somewhat switched off whilst the glorious spreadsheet of live data input is being produced.

[-SOG-]
Players
404 posts
8,856 battles
3 hours ago, Armorin said:

Continuous AA damage is applied to a random plane in a squadron, so RNG could put it all on one plane or spread it out. Flak cloud damage applies to those planes of the squadron that flies through it.

I am pretty certain WG stated somewhere near release time that AA damage/kills would be rewarded in the xp calcuations, but it is somewhat switched off whilst the glorious spreadsheet of live data input is being produced.

Yes, it should be, but if you look at your detailed results I dont think the AA damage is stated anywhere or have I missed it? Only thing I have seen is the amount of plane shot down, so if  they calculate on damage, why not show it in the detailed results? 

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,514 battles
13 hours ago, The_fun_police said:

I know it can be painful and things, I also hate to see toxic behaviour in a game I love and enjoy, if anyone wants my opinion on the rework, I say it's only just begun and waiting to see what happens next with it,,,, a situation where players tent to lose it a little is when we get focused hard by them, not shooting down enough aircraft ect, it's kind of annoying, but what if they moved the aircraft damage counter into the main damage counter, so even if we get focused hard, we get some nice juicy damage from it :) simple idea for a slight improvement to our games, but I hope it's considered, and love to see any comments @MrConway

This probably would not even have been a bad idea in the RTS version of CV since you had limited and a known determined  number of aircraft and these could be translated in a portion of  "health of the ship" since the CV would be  rendered useless losing all of its aircraft.

But now aircraft respawn out of nowhere ( supposedly the hangar but that is infinite in space it seems ) so any percentage awarded as being part of a CV's health is out of the window, I do however dislike unrealistic suggestions CV ship health is tied to squadron damage....this isn't WOW where the Warlock gets damaged because it's demon pet is.....besides that CV ships can be used as shooting/capping ships as well, given oppertune circumstances. Can't do that with an almost depleted HP hull.

Still they should properly award a specified number of XP/credits to be had per killed aircraft or per damage amount to aircraft. AA role should be rewarded too.

Players
3,279 posts
19,066 battles
12 hours ago, SexyCroat said:

oooor we can add submarines to the game!?

god damn it! mate stop giving such amazing ideas to WG. :cap_haloween:

[SRSHM]
Players
101 posts
6,978 battles
15 hours ago, The_fun_police said:

moved the aircraft damage counter into the main damage counter, so even if we get focused hard, we get some nice juicy damage from it :)

Watched a Dm last night axe 80 planes in a double Cv game. I dunno how much damage he did but it put him second on the team right behind me in my Radar Yueyang. :fish_viking:

I'm pretty sure that would make xp values way out of proportion, Especially with the unlimited planes on offer for all to take "Juicy" damage from. The Dm might've beaten me despite the fact I did fairly well :fish_cute_2:   and is honestly not needed.  

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,955 posts
1,929 battles

16 hours ago, Miragetank90 said:

Nobody likes toxic behaviour, but the issue here is that you can't combine these 2 damage counters because they are entirely unrelated.

That's exactly the issue with this idea. They are indeed very much unrelated and damage values cannot be compared between a ship and a plane.

After all, damage dealt to ships is a result of more player intensive action than damage dealt to planes, which occurs by itself. At most, you change sectors or press consumable buttons.  

These 2 things should stay separate. 

What could be up for discussion however is the reward you get for the plane damage at games' end. 

That's indeed something we can look into (and it also is constantly being looked into whether a ship comes too short of any resources)

I reopened the thread, but please stay on-topic.

Edited by Sehales
  • Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
5,570 posts
13,858 battles

Also agree with keeping the two separate (for the same reasons as stated above).

However, players do need to be rewarded properly for damaging/downing planes, and the rewards need to show clearly in the results screens; at the moment, one is not sure if one is actually doing oneself any good shooting down planes, beyond the obvious 'living longer', and 'helping the team' reasons. Make it obvious that there is a point to dealing with planes, and at least some of the anti-CV sentiment might lessen marginally...?

• Cool 1

Players
340 posts
14,937 battles

I will hold my hand to say I was wrong about having one damage counter guys, but I do believe a re balance of aircraft kills vs damage would be a very nice thing to introduce to the game, example, when I play a cv, I hit this guy, he knocks my aircraft to low health, I hit him, but its the guy behind that claims the kills and the credits, it's kind of like the old argument of kill stealing, but over classes it's about damage not about kills, slight boost yes, kraken everyone loves a kraken, but the thought I had was always about the ship that suffered and gets no reward, I hope to see meny positive comments about ideas or experiences u have had

• Cool 1

[-SOG-]
Players
404 posts
8,856 battles

It is nice to see that we all can agree that AA damage shall be rewarded. Since we have a damage counter and a plane kill counter why not just use smilar formula as damage to surface targets, i.e. reward for each percent of hp you do to planes and a bonus for the one getting the kill. I think it is worth equal to 15% hp to kill secure a ship, so sinking a ship from full hp alone gives you reward equal to 115% of that targets hp, but I might have the figures wrong.

Players
2,256 posts
20,630 battles
Am 9.4.2019 um 23:31, The_fun_police sagte:

Four, actually, if you set it so it displays spotting damage and potential damage.

But the suggestion was of course to add plane damage to all the damage you do to ships in battle.

Sign in to follow this