Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

Missouri 2019

Compared to the other tier IX premiums, Missouri is:  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Compared to the other tier IX premiums, Missouri is:

• The best.
    • Excellent.
    • Alright.
    • Average.
    • Meh.
    • Pretty bad.
    • Very bad.
    • The worst.

29 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,528 battles

Hello caps,
just wanted to know your opinion and thoughts on the coveted Missourah in the current meta.
Do you play her a lot? Do you find she performs better, the same, or even worse compared to the pre 8.0 era?
And lastly, would you pick her over the recently buffed Iowa, if it wasn't for the boosted income?

To me, she feels to be on the weaker side , especially if you compare her to Musashi, for example. Even though the Mighty Mo is favored in the AA department hugely, which comes in handy nowadays.

Adding a little poll, just out of curiosity.
Also, was she really that much smaller, compared to Montana? 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.21b6e24b0155ca2a88655daf0b41cf30.png

Players
3,380 posts
14,110 battles

I'm not a great BB player but in her even I can do very well. In the hands of great BB players I've see them stomp teams. Now in the current meta she has AA good enough to defend herself and nearby ships and can counter DD's that get to close. 

Though I'm an odd duck and still prefer the silver FDG. Yep. You read that right. 

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,528 battles
7 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Though I'm an odd duck and still prefer the silver FDG. Yep. You read that right. 

Well, I like FDG much more as well, in fact.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,877 posts
9,003 battles

Kinda tough question. Ive played my fair share of Missouri, but i dont play her anymore these days.

I just rate Musashi much higher, especially since im playing only in division. Missouri is imo a good versatile ship if you play Solo. Radar against DDs and good AA. But in a division, Musashi gives more firepower, which is better for me. Id say, every of those 3x T9 premium BBs have their own place. But Missouri got always so much hate because of the Radar, which i think is not justified. Musashi can decide more games, hands down.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles

Jean Bart and Musashi sadly eat her for dinner. Otherwise its fine i guess ?

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,853 posts
5,332 battles

I'd say she's still the rock solid milestone all the others get compared with.

Players
2,920 posts
16,658 battles

Musashi is obviously OP for its tier so compared to that, Mo is crap.

Apart form that, Mo is fairly well balanced with the other BBs. 

[XTREM]
Players
1,720 posts
13,852 battles
53 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Also, was she really that much smaller, compared to Montana? 

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.21b6e24b0155ca2a88655daf0b41cf30.png

No, she isn't.

Missouri is 270.43 metres long bow to stern, while the highest value for Montana puts her design at 280.80 metres(differs according to source).

So this diagram is flat out wrong.

More on topic, I don't play her as much as I used to. However, I had fun with her last ranked season, radar makes her a better pick than Iowa, and I also always chose her over Musashi in part because of this. 

[-5D-]
Beta Tester
899 posts
4 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

No, she isn't.

Missouri is 270.43 metres long bow to stern, while the highest value for Montana puts her at 280.80 metres(differs according to source).

So this diagram is flat out wrong.

More on topic, I don't play her as much as I used to. However, I had fun with her last ranked season, radar makes her a better pick than Iowa, and I also always chose her over Musashi in part because of this. 

Montana is a battleship class, not one singel spesific battleship. Mo was IOWA class. Mo is a historical ship that mesured 270, as Miragetank wrote.

Players
3,329 posts

I don't have her but was hoping to get her in the loot box's over the Christmas period, I do however have the Iowa, and I might be wrong in assumption here, but  the only thing the Mighty Mo has going for her to differentiate the two is radar, please correct me if I am wrong.

[XTREM]
Players
1,720 posts
13,852 battles
22 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

I don't have her but was hoping to get her in the loot box's over the Christmas period, I do however have the Iowa, and I might be wrong in assumption here, but  the only thing the Mighty Mo has going for her to differentiate the two is radar, please correct me if I am wrong.

Iowa has a stronger heal. Not the RN printer heal, but better than the Mo. Along with slightly more health but not much. 

The armour is slightly different too. For example, Mo has a stronger forward bulkhead(you can see this by disabling the 32mm plating in armour viewer) and better side plating amidships(All 38 as opposed to Iowa, half 38 and half 32 top to bottom) 

Also, I think the Mo has better secondary firing angles against targets to her front - for what it's worth :Smile_trollface:

Slight AA differences round them off, and what you get is very much the same, except one has radar and one has a better heal. 

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,017 posts
7,722 battles

I don;t have her, but the sight of a Missouri is a bit more dreadful to me than the sight of most others.

Yamato, Currywurst, FdG, Musashi, Iowa - all kinda not worried too much. But Missouri, well... not happy to see it on the red team.

It's definately a strong ship. 

[-SOG-]
Players
404 posts
8,856 battles

Missouri  is an excellent battleship, but the best, don't know It all depends on the situation but Missouri is a jack of all trades and thats why I rate her highest of the T9 freemiums.

The major problem with the Missouri was not imbalance in the ship, but the credit income was so huge and to many players used her for credit farming. If she where to be implemented again with lower credit earning potential under one of her sisters names I don't think she would break the game. But the rage among players for selling a worse Missouri for more free experience would be immense. 

[BODEM]
Players
785 posts
6,959 battles

Don't have her, but besides she adding to the amount of radar that prevails today, I don't really mind her all that much. American T8+ BBs are just good overall. Graet AA, great AP, great bowtanking, good overall manouverability. And that includes Missouri.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,281 battles
33 minutes ago, affie said:

The major problem with the Missouri was not imbalance in the ship, but the credit income was so huge and to many players used her for credit farming.

Missouri does break the economy - I load her up with all the various credit flags and camo, and an average game will get me between 1 million to 1.5 million credits after deductions

• Cool 1

[-SOG-]
Players
404 posts
8,856 battles
2 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Missouri does break the economy - I load her up with all the various credit flags and camo, and an average game will get me between 1 million to 1.5 million credits after deductions

So do I, but I can quite easy hit a million in Jean Bart and Musashi as well with some flags and camo. But thats my point, Missouri didn't break the game by being over powered, she broke the economy and that made her to popular leading to her being removed. 

I would consider a Musashi in a CV-free environment to be an extra T10 ship, that is more in the line of breaking the game instead of the economics. Or the way a Jean Bart can exploit an enemy's bad play using her gimmicky reload booster.

• Cool 1

Players
609 posts
19,580 battles

she is good only for that..that this period of time it is most credit earning ship.

when they took this away ,,..t you cann forgett missouri

Players
3,130 posts
10,844 battles

Missouri U.S.A. 3 494 628 53.46 % 0.80 67 812 1 625 2.46 1.36 Musashi Japan 1 761 765 52.42 % 0.82 82 280 1 588 0.60 1.59 Alsace France 1 503 267 52.04 % 0.81 70 920 1 551 1.61 1.38 Jean Bart France 494 886 51.96 % 0.86 80 214 1 728 2.63 1.45

Still strong :cap_tea: I think that list is about right be be honest.  Although i would have put the Jean above the Alsace. 

Damage is great lads, but doesn't always win game.  Radaring a DD for the whole team to see does and in a BB no less.  It's another Radar ship that can operated on it's own more than most BB's.  A Mussashi on it's own is toast by DD's, HE spam and CV's, massively. 

Missouri has great AA, Radar for 2 good HE salvos at the DD and Cruiser killing guns.  If a CV focus on the Musashi, it's gonna have a bad day. 

I would have a team full of Missouri's over a team of Musashi's all day long. 

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,585 posts
24,860 battles

I vote average, has strengts and weaknesses

[SHAD]
Players
2,606 posts
11,651 battles

Well JeanBart and Musashi are definitely better. The USN heal buff means the Iowa is not far behind the Missouri.

I don’t play itmuch at all.

[SRSHM]
Players
101 posts
7,005 battles

Instead of the Missouri i find im reaching for the Jean Bart or the Azunyan (I love it don't judge me) more than anything when im playing tier 9.

Missouri is a strong ship but its down to preference and at the moment im enjoying the Azuma too much to play the other Freexp ships sat about :cap_hmm:

Players
5,977 posts
11,546 battles

My opinion of Missouri is "Meh", but mostly because I never clicked with her.

Statistically Missouri is average at best and the radar is circumstantial. Iowa heal is significantly better now and the fighter plane may arguably be of more use in current meta compared to the radar.

The things Missouri is best at, is that if you have a good game, you can get the highest credit earning potential. And the AA is decent, but of less use as it turns too slow to be able to dodge anything anyway.

I find Missouri (and Iowa) hard (and not that fun) to play and atm I end up preferring Alaska.

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
10,958 battles

Her and Musashi are the BEST! but missouri is better thanks to that massive credit earning potential! Musashi and alaska are equally great, kronsthtadt and azuma is pretty bad thanks to 25mm of armor everywhere and horrible dispersion or meh guns!

Oh Jean Bart is great as well if you know what you are doing!

Players
1,037 posts
11,913 battles

I played the Mo again a bit yesterday. Dont play her too often anymore, mainly due to oversaturation in premium ships. 

But compared to specifically the Musashi, Mo is obviously a lot better to me. Musashi is fun, the guns are amazing at tier 9, but still i prefer the Yamato over Musashi of course, so then automatically that also makes Missouri more fun- apart from that i prefer Missouris gameplay over Musashi anyway. 

I had my Musashi derp built initially, which was kind of a failure, but a fun experiment. 30km base range is rather brutal. 

Actually: nearly 31 km base