You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.2.0.1

69 comments in this topic

Players
19 posts
10,108 battles

the problem its not only the carriers....the problem its  too many radars in every random battle...this is no more the first and second war but the star wars with this technology

...when you put a cv and 4 radars in the same team....this is no more battle but the "avoid and hinding" game….you made the players to lemming all time(even the bbs) behind islands or snipping from distance..

..You must update the game and put smaller radars to the ships.... cant play against 12 klm radars and so many plains from cvs

....you made the dds for mentally maniacs now because they just easy uncover from radars and the cruizers and cvs rip them even inside smoke

on 9 from 10 battles the dds don't survive and usually they die first....if you want all of us to play with BBS and RadarCruizers just tell us to quit from the game

• Cool 1

[-GOD-]
Players
238 posts
14,181 battles
1 hour ago, kiowa said:

I don't agree. The CV rework is pretty damn good. For one i can actually play a CV and not get obliterated by a UNICUM player. snip

Yeah by removing the CV vs. CV gameplay entirely. Great design succes XD

• Cool 2

Players
73 posts
6,734 battles

I play BBs, CAs/CVs and DDs (hardly new CVs) and would like to share some experiences/opinions.

I am happy there won't be too many 2CV-per side games in the future. In T10 matches I participated in with 2 CVs it typically resulted in 2 rather passive Teams and typically the 2 remaining ships at the end of the game were the CVs. So - limitting this significantly is a very good thing.

For the remaining gameplay I must admit no matter what class I am in I am ok with it - and it feels better for surface vessels than in the past.

Of course it required adaptations...but thats life.

In a DD:

DDs have always been difficult to play. Make a mistake in your DD, you are dead. Make one in your BB, you might be the last one

alive full HP Feeling like a hero complaining about your teammates... :-). Radars trimmed the play and so are CVs....

The new gameplay eg increased the relevance of my Gearing. I drive it now with legendary module and switched off AA.

Quite hard for CVs to align the attack with a 2.6km (I believe) spotting... And the UK DDs - indirectly got their fast smoke reloads buffed...

Torps are no longer spotted by planes...

In CA/CLs:

I like the aspect of enhanced AA Teamplay. The whole thing gave new deepness and tactics.

You have an additional role to protect your team and camping gets punished.

CVs became a strong counter to Stalingrads.... (as I experienced myself several times now.... ouch)

In a BB:

I do not miss being cross torp drop killed as in the past...

CVs:

Also I found new facettes for good CV play which I did not even think of earlier (thought it is a stupid flight Simulation) but - good CV players

-> Scout quickly the spawns at the beginning and scout during the match

-> have the minimap in mind and provide fighters to ships in dire need

-> finish of weak enemies (and keep that in mind)

Bad ones just focus on making damage....

(So - playing CV is not as dumb as I thought)...

The influence Unicum vs. Noob in CVs I perceive not as devastating as in the old world...

As there is complains from all classes, maybe things get more and more balanced.... :-)

Now new things can come:

-> What about clouds flying over the map - covering one or the other ship?

-> What about "airdrop heals" or "fire fighting" drops to help teammates?

[PAPAT]
[PAPAT]
Beta Tester
9 posts
3,473 battles

I like how this is announced after I've spent all the free remapping & reupgrading to create AA builds...

[AEGIS]
Players
50 posts
20 hours ago, clocky said:

I agree with scouting advantage but what alpha strike potential are you talking about? The torp damage is mega lame , same with rockets and only bombs can do some serious damage.  Last match  , me in a missouri and another one with a iowa  had absolute fun with a hakuryu. If 2 ships can obliterate 60-70 planes that means someone needs to learn to play as a team , learn to invest in AA and after that cvs will be left with only the spotting advantage. In fact the average damage of cvs at tier 10 is around 70k. You can do more easily with a tier 10 BB / cruiser/ dd

you SHOULD do more in ships. They have way less speed and maneuverability than planes. You need careful positioning and you get only 1 life per battle (vs spawning planes all game long). Plus in order to contest caps you have to be in them, with the exception of radar ships that contest safely 10-12Km away, because [edited]dds and the skill they require.

[THURW]
Players
4 posts
12,698 battles

I have started to play tier 2 !!!!!  That is the only tier not messed up.  Tier 3 is great but not when there are 2 CV's and because you are almost always a tier down. The Varyag - Premium ship - has ZERO AA.  Thanks WoW.  The St. Louis has 3, wonderful.  Tier 4, 5 and 6 already has now often 2 CV's per game, and it is right - DD's are becoming useless to play.  This game is supposed to be fun to play - dodging aircraft all game is not fun.  Being pursued by countless an infinite number of planes in any ship is not fun.  So it looks like WoW are looking to make sure that everyone, pays to get tiers 8, 9 and 10.  Hmmmm, what a money maker for them.  I have bought premium account for a long time.  Not any more.  I was spending going down the DD lines to tier 10 - not any more.  WoW have screwed this game badly.  I was a beta player - well over 10000 games now, but I think Paths of Exile beckons !!!!!

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
477 posts
6,249 battles

Well done no more 15k bombs drops from midway and lexinton aganist destroyers! my fellow friend die in just 2 runs from a midway, he was in a full hp harugumo!

[ROPS]
Players
38 posts
4,904 battles

why not remove thise *edit* cv's all together? problem solved. :Smile_coin:

Edited by CptMinia
Removed swearing.
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[PRT]
[PRT]
Players
4 posts
7,058 battles

give us the option to play with or without CV's, keep record of matches and this will show you how popular CV actually are. In my opinion the new CV have ruined the game. Why do CV have unlimited planes ? Make destroyers more potent for planes.... do something as it becomes more frustrating then fun to play the game

• Cool 1

Players
3,418 posts
7,976 battles
On 4/9/2019 at 9:10 PM, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

From the announcement:

At lower tiers, the previous rules will apply, allowing up to three carriers per team to be matched to a battle. This is due to an increased popularity of carriers at those tiers, and their overall weaker influence on the outcome of a battle.

Is this true? Are CVs REALLY more popular at lower tiers since the rework?

Just asking, because I don't see many CVs in coop.

I didn't know it was possible to have even more carriers at these tiers :Smile-_tongue:

[CR-S]
Players
445 posts
19,998 battles
8 hours ago, msb40 said:

give us the option to play with or without CV's

Give me the option to play with or without BBs.

I am a cruiser-main.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[NKK]
[NKK]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts
8,608 battles

Fixed an issue with the drop trajectory of a bomb being calculated incorrectly. The issue resulted in a targeted ship receiving more bomb hits than possible in cases when bombs were dropped at the last moment during approaches when the aiming circle only slightly "touched" the target with its edge.

False, still working maybe with less bombs but a great number of them sill striking in the same place... This is more about a bad desing about bombing mechanics.

Players
6 posts
4,889 battles

One CV per side would've kinda work if defensive AA consumable was 30 sec long and had 3 min reload if you used it up whole. We should be able to switch it on and off as we please, so you could have e.g.10 sec burst and still have 20 sec left to use. In that scenario it would take 2 min to top it up. No limit to number of uses.

CVs can do multiple attack runs with same squadron, defenders should be able to do the same. Multiple bursts.

The real problem with CVs as well as radars is spotting mechanic in WoW. All non-direct-line-of-sight spotting should be used just as a situational awareness. Accuracy should be seriously nerfed to shooting on target behind island etc. maybe by as much as 50-70%. That would force campers out of smoke, from behind islands and no, you can't get accurate firing solution provided by a plane.

All targets you don't see yourself should get yellow icon, which means - shoot if you want, but don't expect much in terms of dmg.

And stop radar and hydro through islands - once and for all. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[IRON7]
Players
853 posts
647 battles
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:46 AM, 565PC said:

I have started to play tier 2 !!!!!  That is the only tier not messed up

ROFL but, unfortunately, 565PC is correct. Any other tier sees the reworked imho FARCE CVs and all the attendant unnecessary AA changes.

& also the general reduction in DD effectiveness as a result.

Welcome to WoCs and/or WoBBs.

Might as well just play T2 to avoid completely the FARCE CVs. Alternately, just play Cruisers & Battleships with plenty of AA & ignore CVs & DDs.

Great job in perma - crippling your game WoWS Management.

[CR-S]
Players
445 posts
19,998 battles
18 hours ago, GoneFishingAgain said:

All non-direct-line-of-sight spotting should be used just as a situational awareness. Accuracy should be seriously nerfed to shooting on target behind island etc. maybe by as much as 50-70%. That would force campers out of smoke

So all ships would have to fight in open seas and be visible. The problem with that suggestion is that only BBs have the armor to actually do that. Cruiser BLAP, destroyer BLAP.

Also, late-war Allied ships could shoot with pin-point accuracy from smoke, fog or in darkest nights with the help of radar. Without even seeing what they were shooting.

and no, you can't get accurate firing solution provided by a plane.

So why did ships carry spotters around? Yamato for example could fire accurately to about 13km when using its rangefinders. To shoot further it had to use a spotter. Though later in war spotters got more and more replaced by radars.

Accuracy should be seriously nerfed to shooting on target behind island

Based on what, your personal opinion and preferences?

IRL the gunners in the turrets mostly didn´t see what they were shooting at anyway, because the enemy was behind horizon. So whether you shoot over an island or the crook of the planet...

The gunners got their train and elevation data from the rangefinders 30m above them. Or the ship got its target data completely from somewhere else, like a spotter (or in Wows from plane, radar, teammate).

[SWLF_]
Players
3 posts
2,454 battles

I'm on mac and the last 2 updates have been horrible. It crashes so much now. After the newest update, its instant crash. Guys im a premium player and ive bought ships, skins and doubloons. i deserve better customer service. I love playing wows but of late its just frustrating and makes me not want to even play it anymore.. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
128 posts
9,871 battles

you cant patch a playerbase sadly, being a t8 cv in  a t10 game is at best obnoxious, you are forced to hunt dds since  even the mighty t10 ships cluster all in one blob or island hump since aa shoots throug them. not to mention the usual floating no fly zones that reduces a fun and pro active game design into beeing reduced to scout for the brave boys on the map border. this is something that should be tested by the devs themselves to see how much "fun" it is in a t10 game

the rework is pretty solid so far but some cv´s lack consistency. flooding chances are at an all time low even with a flag and hitting the nose. and since you are gimped out of your alpha dmg and you pretty much have to rely on dot dmg to either pull the opponents consumables or get some dmg going. 

my suggestion would be to give dds an inbuild fire prevention "perk" but therefore bump up the fire chance on rockets with low base fire chance or bump up demo expert to actually have value, as for ap bombers of any kind i would reccomend to rewards players who have good attack run by making the aiming circle a tad smaller since the squads got smaller from the rework but the bomb dispersion remained the same.

torpedos are in a good spot even tho i do not agree with the flooding chance on nose hits

as for the dreaded t10 mm area, i would reccomend considering giving bomber and torpedo squads the healing ability.

its a change to the positive from the rts wall of death close drops insta nukes, but the community got scarred of this and will take a long time accept cvs how they are now. just as they did before the dd torp reloads got nerved. 

the only reason a cv has such a high impact on a match is just by the players not advancing and activly supporting/contesting caps. on the other hand a cv cant just go in and cap so its kind of a bad feeling to know you have to rely on your team to actually get points and even if you play your best, they can still gimp you out. 

just my 2 cents on the topic and sorry for eventual typos

edit: the aa dmg clouds linger a litte too long in the sky tbh; nothing is more frustrating than clipping a cloud on its last frame and getting a load of fmg in return