You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.2.0.1

69 comments in this topic

[NKK3]
Players
142 posts
1,971 battles

Change to the previous CV game mode.

No more patches.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 6

[LIGMA]
Alpha Tester
28 posts
1,068 battles

I want NO CV's in all game modes at all tiers.

No amount of fixing will sort out the worse patch in WoWS history.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 2

[666TH]
Players
2 posts
2,893 battles
24 minutes ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

At 06:00 (CEST) this Wednesday, two important changes will be made to the game.

Read it on the portal

24 minutes ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

At 06:00 (CEST) this Wednesday, two important changes will be made to the game.

Read it on the portal

I havent played since the carrier change .. is it worth returning ...

[LIGMA]
Alpha Tester
28 posts
1,068 battles
1 minute ago, OldTriumph said:

Nope

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4

[KUKTP]
[KUKTP]
Beta Tester
72 posts
2,308 battles

OMG so are prem CVs dropping tommorow? Finally? :cap_money:

• Angry 1

Players
1,489 posts
11,012 battles

Here's a great idea to fix carrier matchmaking. I call it 15/0:

Put either 15 carriers per side or 0.

That way, the 13% of players who like the new CVs can enjoy them amongst themselves and we ignorant plebs don't distract them from all the fun.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 3

[HF_30]
[HF_30]
Beta Tester
39 posts
14,582 battles

More  than 1  CV  per  game  is  killing  DD  game  play !!!!  Every  game  I  play a  DD  with  2  CV  I  am perma spotted  and  cross dropped  !  Being  spotted  alone  breaks  DD game  play  as  they  survive  on not  being  seen !!  You  may  think you  have  fixed  CV's  but  you have  totally  broken DD's  in the  process !!!  

• Cool 8
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
127 posts
7,909 battles

I was hoping they will increase the bombs drop speed on Audacious and Implacable....

• Cool 3

Players
2 posts
5,939 battles

From a gameplay perspective carriers have never been balanced in this game.
The immense spotting advantage and alpha strike potential has been reduced with the first carrier rework but it has never even come close to a fun and engaging experience for all ships.
Besides carriers these days can do multiple strikes in a short time which comes with its own challenges for the would be victims.
So the players are now stuck in a situation where if they play random battles there is a high chance of being matched against a single or multiple enemies which they cannot counterplay.
And that is a huge source of the frustration people are experiencing, you cannot counterplay or avoid a carrier effectively like you could any other type of ship.

You can try to sail in groups and play very passive but  this will only work to a small margin and in turn it hurts the game experience for many because it all becomes so boring.
And i do believe that Wargaming is trying their best to make carriers work in this game, they reacted properly to most feedback and released many tweaks regarding carrier striking power.
But after all these tweaks low tier carriers are now in a state where they do small damage but also receive very little damage from anti air, which kinda dumbs down the play style overall.
But the higher tier carriers especially tier X are still very much overpowered, the amount of damage they can do especially to specific ships like destroyers or some cruisers in a single drop is just sickening.

Even if you build for anti-air only a few ships in the game have the capacity to deter a carrier drop, but then its only slightly effective for a short time as you lose AA guns with every engagement and if your boat relies on defensive fire you will run out of consumables. But the carrier has acces to unlimited planes so even if you do a proper AA play (setting up an air ambush by using terrain to protect teammates who cant defend themselves) you still feel like it doesnt matter because the carrier will keep on coming, squad after squad.

This all can sound quite negative but i do respect Wargaming for making a lot of moves to improve the CV situation and they highly improved immersion for carrier players now able to see the map from a completely new perspective (and with the new anti air effects i would even say immersion for other ships also increased). I also like the reinforcing AA mechanic per side because this gives players more of a feeling they can do something to minimize cv drop damage although its more dependant on ship type and possible AA build. But again i think that the biggest source of frustation is that people can get matched in a game against a ship that is basically a big bully who can do whatever he wants and no matter what you try there is no efficient counter, you are just there to endure whatever the carriers trows at you. And if he wants you dead you die, its only a matter of time.

So this is my opinion on the whole CV situation, maybe im just a bit biased because i do play all ships but generally i enjoy destroyers the most.
I have come to a point where i dont like playing high tier destroyers anymore and i celebrate each new gamemode that doesnt include carriers.
But am i overreacting or do others agree with what i wrote here?

And please dont bring a realism argument, i am talking about a game and its gameplay experience here.

• Cool 13
  • Bad 2

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
264 posts

I agree with scouting advantage but what alpha strike potential are you talking about? The torp damage is mega lame , same with rockets and only bombs can do some serious damage.  Last match  , me in a missouri and another one with a iowa  had absolute fun with a hakuryu. If 2 ships can obliterate 60-70 planes that means someone needs to learn to play as a team , learn to invest in AA and after that cvs will be left with only the spotting advantage. In fact the average damage of cvs at tier 10 is around 70k. You can do more easily with a tier 10 BB / cruiser/ dd

• Cool 1

[WTFNO]
[WTFNO]
Players
198 posts
8,392 battles

What about Tier IV ?

CV presence in low tier is annoying.

Active DD play no more possible because of CV Spotting.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3

Players
3,230 posts
7,373 battles
2 hours ago, OldTriumph said:

Can still play ops/coop/space battles

• Angry 1

Players
3,041 posts
13,334 battles

From the announcement:

At lower tiers, the previous rules will apply, allowing up to three carriers per team to be matched to a battle. This is due to an increased popularity of carriers at those tiers, and their overall weaker influence on the outcome of a battle.

Is this true? Are CVs REALLY more popular at lower tiers since the rework?

Just asking, because I don't see many CVs in coop.

• Funny 1

Players
5 posts
7,903 battles

WG oferred us some gifts or whatever to return the game and we returned. However, if that CV scam  continued I would leave the game forever. There are lots of other games to play where players arent objects of poor game development.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,863 posts
6,686 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Might be, in randoms anyway.

FWIW I've been mucking about with T4s quite a bit of late, whilst I try and get the hang of the things in a fairly benign environment - the rewards are appalling for low tier CVs in coop, and the games last long enough in randoms for you to actually do something vaguely useful (ish)...

• Cool 1

[WTFNO]
[WTFNO]
Players
198 posts
8,392 battles
50 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

From the announcement:

At lower tiers, the previous rules will apply, allowing up to three carriers per team to be matched to a battle. This is due to an increased popularity of carriers at those tiers, and their overall weaker influence on the outcome of a battle.

Just asking, because I don't see many CVs in coop.

The Reason why is easy to awnser:

In a CV low Tier ( and also high Tier) you always have something to do - no second in Battle is boring.

But in a DD, you are forced to play passiv, looking at the BBs crawling alonge the Map Border with low Speed, watching Cruisers idling behind Islands.

This is the Situation on the Ground currently, waiting for the Last 5 Minutes of some Action.

Statsistiks did not show you this kind of mess the game is in current state.

For myself, i will not post in Forum anymore becaus of the CV Topic.

I go back to Game and play CV only to create more and more CV haters post for me in Forum

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,423 posts
9,417 battles

WG: ' and their overall weaker influence on the outcome of a battle'

Relating specifically to sub tier 8 battles, how exactly does up to 3 carriers on each side have a weaker influence on the outcome of the battle eh WG? Please explain what you mean by this...are you referring to their low damage capabilities and forgetting about their spotting ability? No dd will ever be able to play their dd as a dd in this type of game. Apparently we're all idiots now.

• Cool 2

[TRUMP]
Players
104 posts
15,426 battles

Well, that was a good idea. thanks.

• Cool 1

Players
1,489 posts
11,012 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Admiral_H_Nelson sagte:

Not really.

The thing is just that more people play them because WG has started incentivising it, while it has definitely become easier to get the hang of all the basic gameplay.

And currently, there is an additional carrier surge in Random battles because Space Battles are on where there are no carriers.

• Cool 1

[IBULL]
Beta Tester
230 posts
11,888 battles
23 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Not really.

The thing is just that more people play them because WG has started incentivising it, while it has definitely become easier to get the hang of all the basic gameplay.

And currently, there is an additional carrier surge in Random battles because Space Battles are on where there are no carriers.

yes purely down to incentivisation to improve 0.8.x CV participation.

I've played circa 40 battles in CVs recently which I would not have except the prizes.

BTW, I do love the DD whining, get gud I say.  DDs have had it too good for too long.

• Bad 4
  • Angry 1

Players
9 posts
4,163 battles
4 hours ago, OldTriumph said:

Really not if you play DD. I just go and have a cup of tea now as soon as game starts and i see too many CV

Players
9 posts
4,163 battles
2 hours ago, WhateverFloatsYourBoat said:

From a gameplay perspective carriers have never been balanced in this game.
The immense spotting advantage and alpha strike potential has been reduced with the first carrier rework but it has never even come close to a fun and engaging experience for all ships.
Besides carriers these days can do multiple strikes in a short time which comes with its own challenges for the would be victims.
So the players are now stuck in a situation where if they play random battles there is a high chance of being matched against a single or multiple enemies which they cannot counterplay.
And that is a huge source of the frustration people are experiencing, you cannot counterplay or avoid a carrier effectively like you could any other type of ship.

You can try to sail in groups and play very passive but  this will only work to a small margin and in turn it hurts the game experience for many because it all becomes so boring.
And i do believe that Wargaming is trying their best to make carriers work in this game, they reacted properly to most feedback and released many tweaks regarding carrier striking power.
But after all these tweaks low tier carriers are now in a state where they do small damage but also receive very little damage from anti air, which kinda dumbs down the play style overall.
But the higher tier carriers especially tier X are still very much overpowered, the amount of damage they can do especially to specific ships like destroyers or some cruisers in a single drop is just sickening.

Even if you build for anti-air only a few ships in the game have the capacity to deter a carrier drop, but then its only slightly effective for a short time as you lose AA guns with every engagement and if your boat relies on defensive fire you will run out of consumables. But the carrier has acces to unlimited planes so even if you do a proper AA play (setting up an air ambush by using terrain to protect teammates who cant defend themselves) you still feel like it doesnt matter because the carrier will keep on coming, squad after squad.

This all can sound quite negative but i do respect Wargaming for making a lot of moves to improve the CV situation and they highly improved immersion for carrier players now able to see the map from a completely new perspective (and with the new anti air effects i would even say immersion for other ships also increased). I also like the reinforcing AA mechanic per side because this gives players more of a feeling they can do something to minimize cv drop damage although its more dependant on ship type and possible AA build. But again i think that the biggest source of frustation is that people can get matched in a game against a ship that is basically a big bully who can do whatever he wants and no matter what you try there is no efficient counter, you are just there to endure whatever the carriers trows at you. And if he wants you dead you die, its only a matter of time.

So this is my opinion on the whole CV situation, maybe im just a bit biased because i do play all ships but generally i enjoy destroyers the most.
I have come to a point where i dont like playing high tier destroyers anymore and i celebrate each new gamemode that doesnt include carriers.
But am i overreacting or do others agree with what i wrote here?

And please dont bring a realism argument, i am talking about a game and its gameplay experience here.

I agree. I hardly play BB, a bit of CA, alot of DD and I have played WoW less in the last couple of months, gonna get a console over Easter I think and get into other games. Now regularly chased across the map by CV with "direction finder" and literally nothing i can do to avoid being spotted or blasted.

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,423 posts
9,417 battles
4 hours ago, OldTriumph said:

I've played less and less to be honest, in fact last few days not even logged on. Just too many cv's.

• Cool 1

Players
4,779 posts
7,962 battles

Fixed an issue with the drop trajectory of a bomb being calculated incorrectly. The issue resulted in a targeted ship receiving more bomb hits than possible in cases when bombs were dropped at the last moment during approaches when the aiming circle only slightly "touched" the target with its edge.

@El2aZeR here comes nerf bombers:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2