Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Angloborn

Galactic Space Assault - Destroying the station

14 comments in this topic

[CTZ]
Players
6 posts
3,246 battles

Ahoy captains!

So I've been playing the Space Assault mode and I quite like it. I noticed one thing though.

In order to get the Annihilator achievment you need to destroy 2 generators and the defender's station. 

I'm happily trying to get the achievment but either my team fails to make a push or the enemy team dies before we can destroy the station.:Smile_amazed:

I was wondering if anyone's been able to destroy the station and how did you manage to do it before the enemy team dies?

Happy hunting!:Smile_honoring:

Angloborn

Players
172 posts

Took out 2 Generators and did couple of 40k salvos on the station but my reload and shells were too slow to claim that Station. :etc_swear:

Players
329 posts
3,055 battles

Note that you can attack both the station and the generators with torpedoes for massive damage, provided they hit the part that touches the water.

• Cool 1

Players
446 posts
904 battles

Tried turning my ship onto a torpedo, did not really work. That being said I have blown up all of them at one point, but did not kill the station because my bro rammed the last ship.

the problem I see in those battles is that the attacking team often does not know that they can respawn, in other words if possible, use yourself as a torpedo and use the alpha damage from the ram to kill it. Obviously DDs first, since if a dd is left behind with a ridiculous buff it is significantly more dangerous then a BB, since you won’t even know where it is.

Players
1,603 posts
11,648 battles

I've had several runs where the attackers won by destroying all towers and the station. Didn't get this award so far, which was only in part because I didn't even know it existed.

The main problem being on the attacking team during the first few days was to even get them to be aggressive enough right from the start. Camping, it seems, is an innate tendency bred into most players of this game. So most games on the attacking side were losses.

The other thing is though, it took me many games to realize that the towers can indeed take torpedo damage. it's just that some of them have rocks around the base which shield certain portions from torp hits. So you need to aim past those, which should be the most effective with Norma single launches.

I have not seen any such impediments on the base of the station and yet it has so far failed to take torp damage from my ships. Claims that the station takes torp damage thus are a bit baffling.

The other thing is the towers can also take shell damage from the sides. Some of them are not completely shielded from three sides. You don't need to sail all the way around to be able to hit them. And in contrast to the catapults of the Halloween mode, the upper part is vulnerable , too, not just the base. The tower does not even have to be fully spotted, like when you can see the little lattice ball on top. If it is not spotted, and thus not rendered, you can aim for the brightest spot of the light, which is emitting from the spot where the ball sits. It won't lock on but it will take damage, even though not as much, probably because the dispersion is greater without target lock.

Once the towers have been taken down, the station then becomes a very big target that the BBs can basically hit from their spawn.

The key to getting the award, then, seems to be the same as for successfull kill-stealing. You need to gauge the right moment, maybe hold your fire a bit near the end, and have a volley ready to fire at just the right time to take the target down. And do that three times in one game.

• Cool 5

[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
249 posts
3,103 battles

Can you ram the generators? 

Players
446 posts
904 battles

It is possible, but due to how they are positioned, doing so means showing broadside to the entire enemy team.

Players
195 posts
1,264 battles
On 4/11/2019 at 7:27 PM, howardxu_23 said:

It is possible, but due to how they are positioned, doing so means showing broadside to the entire enemy team.

Isn't that part of the problem, players play it like it's a normal battle and worry about their broadside or taking damage when they would be better ignoring the enemy entirely and destroy the stations? Aggression is the thing that is lacking, especially as the attacking team can re-spawn. Dithering about holding onto HP is what you do in Random Battles, but too many times in Space Battles players are sailing around being precious with HP when a determined suicide will advance the team massively. It's all the contrary of a Random battle, don't play to survive in attacking mode, play to get in among them, kill a few if you can, but get shots at the towers, re-spawn and repeat.

Players
146 posts
10,730 battles

U can achieve it with a des moines spotter, snipe 2 at the start from like A5 it's a kind of cheesecake but works 

• Cool 1

Players
446 posts
904 battles
10 hours ago, 250swb said:

Isn't that part of the problem, players play it like it's a normal battle and worry about their broadside or taking damage when they would be better ignoring the enemy entirely and destroy the stations? Aggression is the thing that is lacking, especially as the attacking team can re-spawn. Dithering about holding onto HP is what you do in Random Battles, but too many times in Space Battles players are sailing around being precious with HP when a determined suicide will advance the team massively. It's all the contrary of a Random battle, don't play to survive in attacking mode, play to get in among them, kill a few if you can, but get shots at the towers, re-spawn and repeat.

No what I mean is the answer to ramming gens, you have to turn in a way that will expose a lot of side to the defenders, while being very aggressive is the key here, but also keep in mid you must do meaningful trades in your life. If you show broadside and die doing nothing, it is a pointless as camping.if you are Screaming banzai, ramming a BB in your BB, secondaries ablaze at a low health dd, just about to fire the last salvo off at a cruiser, then it is a worthwhile trade.

Players
1,778 posts
11,779 battles
On 4/9/2019 at 2:36 PM, Angloborn said:

Ahoy captains!

So I've been playing the Space Assault mode and I quite like it. I noticed one thing though.

In order to get the Annihilator achievment you need to destroy 2 generators and the defender's station. 

I'm happily trying to get the achievment but either my team fails to make a push or the enemy team dies before we can destroy the station.:Smile_amazed:

I was wondering if anyone's been able to destroy the station and how did you manage to do it before the enemy team dies?

Happy hunting!:Smile_honoring:

Angloborn

Countless attempts with BBs failed, I got it in only 2 Des Memes games (with spotter plane) after a recommendation here on the forum from @The_fun_police

Play Des Memes with spotter plane.

Hope getting on the attacking team.

Hope the map is Ludus.

Go to A5 if top spawn, or similar position on bottom side (to the vertical map border) and you can snipe 2 stations easily, the 3rd can be hard to snipe with spotter plane from south side. I havn't yet tried from A5 but apparently is should be easier from there.

Played 2 DM games tonight, first one the defenders suicided and i got 2 generators, asked the team to ignore the sole surviving Zao and kill station. Failed the station kill, unfortunately.

Got lucky and got Ludus as attacker next game. Same story except i sniped 3 generators and managed to snag the station kill.

shot-19.04.13_23.19.57-0326.jpg

• Funny 1

Players
146 posts
10,730 battles

No problem, posted to help people who was struggling with it, I know I was, until a had a moment of clarity 

• Funny 1

Players
172 posts

Many close calls. If i get 2 generators i wont get the station. If I get the station I only have 1 generators. Nuts to this. :cap_haloween:

Sign in to follow this