Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_RGvUdEcxWWvD

How to make the game more enjoyable

28 comments in this topic

Players
315 posts

Im not here to talk about whether Cv are weak or Op. Im here to give a solution which provides more enjoyable gameplay for both the CV and dd, cruisers a bit as well. BB will take a hit with this suggestion, but will get compensated by a small buff.

- Remove spotting from CV and give this atribute back to DD
- Lower the AA on all ships except on CV to prevent early sniping.
- Decrease the dmg from Midway and Aud inflicted towards DD, increase dmg inflicted by all CV towards other targets.
- Remove fighters from the game. [Optional]
- Make CV immune to DD torps
- CV is from now on spotted on the minimap whenever it performs an attack.

- Slightly buff brawler BB's resistance to fire and flooding

I can assure you the game will be more enjoyable than at this current state.

This is basicaly a buff to everyone except for BB. Removing the spot ability will relieve ALOT of pressure from DD and camping cruisers.

DD will finaly have a fair shot to contest a cap and even go a bit closer and be more precise with their torps. The overall dmg from DD will heavily increase while cruisers will survive much longer and thus increase their dmg as well, they will be granted the job as the main DD hunters once again. 

CV dmg will increase as well, but the overall influence on the objectives will be lowered by a big margin. CV detectability will take a huge hit as well since they will be spotted on the minimap all the time. Cv will be very vulnerable to flanks if they dont keep moving and pay attention to the map. Ofcourse this was always the case, but now more so. If your allied CV is dead and the game is pretty close and near its end, you wont be that hopeless against enemy CV as you will know in which direction you should be heading since hes always spotted.

In all honesty, I dont know whether my suggestion is completely balanced, but I do know this gameplay will be alot more enjoyable than the current one. I'm 100% sure about that.

Its worth noting that these changes are suggested by me whos played 50% of his battles on a BB.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 4

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,994 posts
11,762 battles

:Smile_popcorn:Oh boy, I like what you're suggesting, but oh boy!!! Somethings coming.

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles

I can assure you the game will be more enjoyable than at this current state.

I pressed (x) for doubt. But maybe you can elaborate and convince me.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles

Remove aircraft.

Remove cyclones/thunderstorms/other such gimmicky crap.

Reduce frequency of standard mode.

Introduce a full campaign mode that acts as a tutorial and replaces the PVP grind to T4 in all lines and rewards players with a 10pt captain in all their newly acquired T4 ships. This will greatly improve the new player experience.

Stop trying to give each new line a national "flavour" by adding more and more gimmicky consumables.

In short, stick with the tried and tested adage - Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Have faith that you have succeeded in making a great game and the players will play on that basis.

• Cool 5

Players
315 posts
56 minutes ago, aboomination said:

I pressed (x) for doubt. But maybe you can elaborate and convince me.

This is basicaly a buff to everyone except for BB. Removing the spot ability will relieve ALOT of pressure from DD and camping cruisers.

DD will finaly have a fair shot to contest a cap and even go a bit closer and be more precise with their torps. The overall dmg from DD will heavily increase while cruisers will survive much longer and thus increase their dmg as well, they will be granted the job as the main DD hunters once again. 

CV dmg will increase as well, but the overall influence on the objectives will be lowered by a big margin. CV detectability will take a huge hit as well since they will be spotted on the minimap all the time. Cv will be very vulnerable to flanks if they dont keep moving and pay attention to the map. Ofcourse this was always the case, but now more so. If your allied CV is dead and the game is pretty close and near its end, you wont be that hopeless against enemy CV as you will know in which direction you should be heading since hes always spotted.

In all honesty, I dont know whether my suggestion is completely balanced, but I do know this gameplay will be alot more enjoyable than the current one. I'm 100% sure about that.

27 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

How about no? I am pretty sure most of these will make the game a good bit less enjoyable.

Only for BB and they had it coming for a long time now. With these changes, brawler BB will be more vulnerably to DD since they regained their freedom to come in closer and torp, so I would also suggest slighltly buffing brawler BB resistance to flooding and fire.

• Bad 1

Players
8,162 posts
9,009 battles
10 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

Sure...

1 hour ago, Zlaraki said:

Depending on where AA settles, this either means you once again run into some Montana or Mino wall of flak by the time the ship renders and lose a ton of planes, because that's what taking away the remaining spotting entails, or basically every ship that isn't unspotted is free to be farmed by CVs, cause AA got nerfed to be a joke. First would screw over CVs, latter would screw over everyone else.

- Decrease the dmg from Midway and Aud inflicted towards DD, increase dmg inflicted by all CV towards other targets.

If the latter option of above is combined with this, we'll get those 0.8.0 flashbacks when AA was most often simply a joke and even cruisers are typically just free to be farmed (can still happen now vs some unicums, but that'll then be what everyone does). BBs will last a bit longer due to generally higher sustain, but are also not long for this world. Very fun indeed.

I wanna see you kill a Midway or Hakuryu in a Gearing without using torps. Even with nerfed damage capability, that cV has worked you over long before you killed them, thanks to reinforced deck + CV fire duration and now being absolutely immune to the one large damage source DDs had left against the CV.

Least consequential, as anyone with a bit of brain can usually deduct the location from the direction the planes are coming from.

Flooding already got reworked due to CVs, nerfing fire and flooding into the ground sure will not affect the life of DDs and cruisers that rely on them, because reinforced decks on BBs are so damn rare...

Overall, this proposal is probably balanced in how much worse it potentially can get for all classes depending on how these suggestions would be realised, to the point that while every class has maybe some balance (though CV and BB are net beneficiaries, cruisers are the greatest victims), all classes become more annoying to play.

Players
853 posts
907 battles

This is an easy one to answer - simply put the game back  to its pre - CV rework status. 

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,487 battles

In a few months/other class tech tree events  9 out of 10 games will be without CV again. Like it always was.

Then all what OP says will be not nessesary. Specific AA cruisers will float abandoned in port. You can stealth ninja all you want.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,904 posts
16,084 battles
35 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Then all what OP says will be not nessesary. Specific AA cruisers will float abandoned in port. You can stealth ninja all you want.

You have forgotten that 2020 is the year of the odd Tier carrier. And 2021 is the year of the Support carrier. It will never end. 

[KOROS]
Players
7 posts
9,267 battles

We need to get submarines in the regular game at this point, because...why the hell not? Gameplay is currently garbage anyway...

• Cool 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
8 hours ago, Zlaraki said:

and how exactly would you, in your infinite wisdom, achieve this? Please do enlighten us!

Because, you know, these sweeping statements are all well and good no they're not, they're completely useless unless you manage to translate them into sensible and enjoyable (for everyone involved) mechanics.

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
16 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

and how exactly would you, in your infinite wisdom, achieve this? Please do enlighten us!

Because, you know, these sweeping statements are all well and good no they're not, they're completely useless unless you manage to translate them into sensible and enjoyable (for everyone involved) mechanics.

To be fair if radar have delay, logical would be that delay should be for planes as well no?

• Cool 2

[NMA]
Players
1,256 posts
18,854 battles
18 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I like the idea of CVs spotting to be map only.  "guys, my pilots have spotted something over there, here, I'll ping it on the map, go check it out"

Ships spotted by air only appear on the map, you actually have to go there and spot it yourself.

Players
315 posts
1 hour ago, quickr said:

I like the idea of CVs spotting to be map only.  "guys, my pilots have spotted something over there, here, I'll ping it on the map, go check it out"

Ships spotted by air only appear on the map, you actually have to go there and spot it yourself.

Im not sure about that either. I dont want CV to reveal DD or any ship position at all. Perhaps add a danger ping ingame for CV to warn comrades. My suggestion will also enforce players to be more active in the chat and thats another thing WG needs, Like how often do you get games where nobody says a single thing than except for the usual; fair seas and etc"?

8 hours ago, antean said:

This is an easy one to answer - simply put the game back  to its pre - CV rework status. 

Im not sure you are aware of where the problem lies. Pre rework CV were beyond broken. The difference is that I played against CV 1/15 games prior to rework, so getting  annihilated in that single game isnt that big of an issue. Sure, it leaves a salty taste in my mouth, but its way better than to live in fear every single game now as DD.

What Im trying to say is that even if you revert back the old CV, the popularity of CV wont drop that much. You will actualy make the matter worse.

8 hours ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Sure...

Depending on where AA settles, this either means you once again run into some Montana or Mino wall of flak by the time the ship renders and lose a ton of planes, because that's what taking away the remaining spotting entails, or basically every ship that isn't unspotted is free to be farmed by CVs, cause AA got nerfed to be a joke. First would screw over CVs, latter would screw over everyone else.

If the latter option of above is combined with this, we'll get those 0.8.0 flashbacks when AA was most often simply a joke and even cruisers are typically just free to be farmed (can still happen now vs some unicums, but that'll then be what everyone does). BBs will last a bit longer due to generally higher sustain, but are also not long for this world. Very fun indeed.

I wanna see you kill a Midway or Hakuryu in a Gearing without using torps. Even with nerfed damage capability, that cV has worked you over long before you killed them, thanks to reinforced deck + CV fire duration and now being absolutely immune to the one large damage source DDs had left against the CV.

Least consequential, as anyone with a bit of brain can usually deduct the location from the direction the planes are coming from.

Flooding already got reworked due to CVs, nerfing fire and flooding into the ground sure will not affect the life of DDs and cruisers that rely on them, because reinforced decks on BBs are so damn rare...

Overall, this proposal is probably balanced in how much worse it potentially can get for all classes depending on how these suggestions would be realised, to the point that while every class has maybe some balance (though CV and BB are net beneficiaries, cruisers are the greatest victims), all classes become more annoying to play.

Why do you always have to assume the worst? Comparing my suggestion to Haku pre nerf? Are you kidding me?

Haku 4 TB had the same aiming time, speed as the 2 TB now, with a much better flood rate. Haku was able to to fly around 6 ships and drop 3 salvos while laughing. In no world do I want to go that road. 

Im not saying to comletely remove the AA, just that I dont want to see DD or BB destroy more than 50 planes a game.

You cant complain about not oneshotting CV in your DD after these changes. You have been granted back your freedom as DD, CV dmg towards DD have been nerfed as well, so no, you dont get to keep your torps vs CV. 

And lastly, a high IQ CV can easily misdirect his position in this current state, so in competitive gameplay that will be a big nerf since every second counts.

• Bad 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,487 battles
4 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

You have forgotten that 2020 is the year of the odd Tier carrier. And 2021 is the year of the Support carrier. It will never end. 

If this is true those opposed to all the new stuff do not have many options....either they deinstall and look for other games* to satisfy what they are looking for, or they adapt as all classes should and will be balanced so their class is too. If you are unable to play it, obviously you are doing something wrong.

Racing form match start to the cap to fight the enemy DD there is wrong for multiple reasons, even when CV are not present to "discourage" that. But it still is done on an massive scale. Doesn't mean it is the right thing to do, or you should be able to unopposed and invisible spraying torpedo's to the other side of the cap. These are just bad strategy and tactics that were never opposed in the right way up to recently. Cruisers should have done it but they chose to kite around peppering Battleships with HE shells at maximum range. Now Strike fighters do what other classes failed to do.

CV lost a lot of abilities that will not return ever as well. At least DD still have these abilities when CV are not around, and there will be times when CV play will attract less players. Even though as you say there will be revival peaks.

* better not go WT because that is as close to a simulator as it can get arcade style....you won't like their tanks and ships durability. Or the OMNIPRESENCE of AIRCRAFT.....or even attack helicopers, whatever you think is worse :Smile-_tongue:

• Boring 1

[SH33P]
Players
201 posts
13,780 battles

=> Make a better MM with teams of players with the same experience (more or less) It s already been suggested through various post   -> Give 10s to 20s more to the server and engine to make a more accurate MM. (10s to 20s spent there may worth a whole thrown game as we 've all experienced at that point)

=> Stop make premium and content and spend a whole update cycle to fix and optimize the game as at the moment, it is also too fat for what the game is. (40Go).

=> At last for players, take a break, that ll prevent to abandon the game as we ve also seen it among our clan members...

[THESO]
Players
4,069 posts
11 hours ago, Zlaraki said:

- Remove fighters from the game. [Optional]

0105860539d1a584f7cfce35da46a2bd.jpg

Players
8,162 posts
9,009 battles

Why do you always have to assume the worst? Comparing my suggestion to Haku pre nerf? Are you kidding me?

Haku 4 TB had the same aiming time, speed as the 2 TB now, with a much better flood rate. Haku was able to to fly around 6 ships and drop 3 salvos while laughing. In no world do I want to go that road. 

Im not saying to comletely remove the AA, just that I dont want to see DD or BB destroy more than 50 planes a game.

You cant complain about not oneshotting CV in your DD after these changes. You have been granted back your freedom as DD, CV dmg towards DD have been nerfed as well, so no, you dont get to keep your torps vs CV. 

And lastly, a high IQ CV can easily misdirect his position in this current state, so in competitive gameplay that will be a big nerf since every second counts.

If a DD or BB destroys 50 planes, then usually because the CV is utterly incompetent at dodging flak or knowing where to fly and where not to. Nerf it further and sure, you don't get flooded down, but you will basically make most ship AA a joke, except when a CV continues to persistently fly into flak bursts.

And I rather keep my ability to torp CVs than whatever sort of nerf you would suggest for damage vs DDs, because heck, even if you made CVs only ever do 10% of max damage on DDs like a BB, they'd kill the DD faster than the DD kills them with the exception of RU gun boats that can try to citpen the CV to death. Because with nerfed AA, more damage vs non-DD targets, less damage on DDs, but immunity to DD torps, might as well just farm all your bigger friends till it's just the CV and DD, then go cap, because what's the DD gonna do?

Overall, these suggestions for the most part seem shortsighted and going into directions that just make things sillier.

Players
3,374 posts
16,556 battles
11 hours ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Remove aircraft.

Remove cyclones/thunderstorms/other such gimmicky crap.

Reduce frequency of standard mode.

Introduce a full campaign mode that acts as a tutorial and replaces the PVP grind to T4 in all lines and rewards players with a 10pt captain in all their newly acquired T4 ships. This will greatly improve the new player experience.

Stop trying to give each new line a national "flavour" by adding more and more gimmicky consumables.

In short, stick with the tried and tested adage - Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Have faith that you have succeeded in making a great game and the players will play on that basis.

image.png.4521923f00734158925971970a696121.png

Sign in to follow this