Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkollUlfr

new defence mode is awesome

24 comments in this topic

[ANV]
Players
550 posts
4,693 battles
1 minute ago, SkollUlfr said:

most fun iv had ingame in a long time.

thank you.

Defence mode? Wut? A PTS thing? 

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,993 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Lord0 sagte:

Defence mode? Wut? A PTS thing? 

I guess he means the unbalanced space battle

[CATS]
Players
26,687 posts
14,310 battles
5 minutes ago, Dracula said:

Defence mode ? What are you smokeing ?

Does anybody read patchnotes?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,553 posts
6,288 battles
16 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

I guess he means the unbalanced space battle

Ive won on both sides, but thats probably down to the fact that there are so many tomatoes playing it, so the unbbalance becomes less obvious.

But yeah, implemented as a proper mode, it would get completely unbalanced the second a meta evolves.

[AAO]
Tournament Organizer
451 posts
15,424 battles

The idea is very promising, but the way its implemented needs so much more tuning.
Estuary as a map choice is quesionable. The heal and respawn mechanics too. But the mode has potential.

• Cool 4

Players
889 posts
17,060 battles
1 hour ago, SkollUlfr said:

most fun iv had ingame in a long time.

thank you.

Unfortunately, I can't say that I had the same experience. 

People team-killing on purpose

People going afk

People leaving the battle as soon as they die, even though it's clearly stated that they will respawn

People reversing from spawn

People hiding behind islands, doing nothing, trying to save HP while being on the attacking side

People trying to snipe the station from max range all game long, ignoring the messages that it can't be damaged while the generators are active

The usual hAx NoObZ uNiNstalL LoZerz rants

Spoiler

200.gif 

• Funny 3

Players
340 posts
612 battles

I find it fun either though most of the attacking teams haven't found out the easy way to win yet. Just had it 2 times so far where all focused and followed the "plan" to push, focus and kinda suicde attack trading one after another.

Defending you got to take position and hope that enemy doesn't suicide push.

As attacking team it's easy if all focus one target after another and are willing to trade oneself for the other target.

This way you take them out easy over the time respawning 1 or 2 times and using the advantage the mode gave you.

By playing like randoms or clan battles you cant win as attacking team if the defending team isn't totally dumb and heads out to attack and shortens the time the attacking team needs from respawn.

You can't outplay the perma heal of the defending team this way.

• Cool 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
49 minuti fa, Freyr_90 ha scritto:

People leaving the battle as soon as they die, even though it's clearly stated that they will respawn

This! Damn, people can’t even read what is on their screen, how can they live in the real world? :cap_wander:

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,443 posts
15,728 battles

Hi all,

10 hours ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

good mode , rly like it , specially def one

I am yet to see attacking team win... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,550 posts
24,729 battles

I dont like space battles, if i want to do battle in space I will play a game that is made as a space combat game

• Cool 3

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,993 posts
Vor 10 Stunden, Freyr_90 sagte:

aye this is very annoying...I think the game should able to notify such players and ban them from this game mode...

Zitat

I am yet to see attacking team win... :Smile_hiding:

although the game prefers to put me into the attacking team, four times I was allowed to defend...and we manage to lose 3 of those 4 :Smile_child:

as far as I can see it is good for the attackers to have as less BBs as possible in the match, because respawned cruisers and destroyers are much faster back at the front as the slow BBs...

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,486 battles
12 hours ago, Freyr_90 said:

Unfortunately, I can't say that I had the same experience. 

People team-killing on purpose

People going afk

People reversing from spawn

People hiding behind islands, doing nothing, trying to save HP while being on the attacking side

People trying to snipe the station from max range all game long, ignoring the messages that it can't be damaged while the generators are active

The usual hAx NoObZ uNiNstalL LoZerz rants

Reveal hidden contents

200.gif 

Awww, come on man, don't be like that.:Smile_sad: It's just the same what happens in Randoms all the time anyways. It's not the game modes' fault that people playing it are complete idiots. That is to be expected, but I like the idea in any case. Something definitively different from the sameoldsameold... :cap_like:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Cool 2

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

It does seem to be a direct a pastiche of 'Frontline' mode in WoT, and to be honest their player base understood how to play it quickly (given it was all about free loot with no comebacks).

Using normal tech tree or Premium tanks Frontline has now become a week long event ten times a year at the start of the month. I wonder if Warships are trialing it in Space?

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
4,069 posts
11 hours ago, Bics93 said:

This! Damn, people can’t even read what is on their screen, how can they live in the real world? :cap_wander:

Cmon man ... this happens also in APEX ... you expect people to have patience? Wrong :)

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
9 minuti fa, nambr9 ha scritto:

Cmon man ... this happens also in APEX ... you expect people to have patience? Wrong :)

I expect people to be able to read, but these are dark times as far as literacy in Western World is concerned :cap_book: 

[AAO]
Tournament Organizer
451 posts
15,424 battles

I agree that the mode is good fun, but it has a lot of flaws:
- Matchmaking: i had 1BB vs 2BB, 3DD vs 2DD; it should be mirrowed
- Spawns: with only 1 division in play 2 ships spawned south on tod, 5 in the north, thats very bad
- Balancing: I find attacking more challanging, but I won all 7 or 8 games anyway. I am not sure of players are just too stupid to win as attackers or if its too difficult. Attackers keep shooting fast healing ships instead of generators or go afk after getting killed for example. Lots of finetuning and testing is needed to make it balanced
- Map: tod is a good map for the mode, estuary feels not good for the mode, too narrow to comfortably attack the generators
- Buffing players: teamkills would help to get players to respawn. As defender, if I see low HP ships running away i stop shooting them, they come back with more HP and faster if I kill them. I also had a 1k HP gearing hiding and trying to play super save instead of just rushing in and getting back with more HP and more useful
- Buffing players II: Make the generators use a BIG RED laserbeam that does just a little dmg on close by ships. This would encourage players to attack them instead of shooting ships that heal faster than you do dmg to them.
- Bugs: Generators are tracked by RPF, intentional???

Overall I very much like the idea of an asymetrical mode. It has a lot of potential, but needs to be done in a propper way.

• Cool 2

Players
590 posts

2 Attack games played, won both. First was a rofl-stomp defenders were sunk to the last ship. 2nd one was a close call. We destroyed the station with 30sec to spare.

Players
2,250 posts
20,522 battles

Actually, WG has been balancing the Space Assault mode very carefully, listening intensely to player feedback during the whole Public Test Server stage and modifying it accordingly with each new PTS patch. It was a fairly big risk to take and they have been rewarded for it.

And I think it has gotten really good, only too many players cannot bring themselves to push hard enough.

Once you have a team that understands you need to ALWAYS BE PUSHING, and keep PUSHING HARDER, you are in with a very good chance to win as an attacker.

This mode is very valuable in that it teaches that, and rewards crew ressource management.

• Cool 3

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
2 hours ago, TobiAssho said:

- Map: tod is a good map for the mode, estuary feels not good for the mode, too narrow to comfortably attack the generators

sort of the opposite perspective to that: I dislike Tears as the defender because there's waaaaay too much stuff in your base for the defenders to have any room to maneuver, which kinda stinks for ships like the Zao... Estuary felt much better in that regard.

[COMFY]
Players
792 posts
2,025 battles

I like the new mode, it is at least something new, compared to having to deal with standard battles all day long from the grinds, the asymmetrical system is certainly refreshing. I also feel that in PTS that it is fairly balanced, now the problem is just the players and SCREAMING AT THE ATTACKING TEAM THAT THERE IS RESPAWNS.

the main thing to win in attacking is simply charge balls out at the generators in a  group, guns ablaze at the gen, when you die and respawn, regroup and keep doing it. If you are low on HP just suicide to respawn back on full health.

Sign in to follow this