Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Colo44

DD gameplay and stealth

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[OGBA]
[OGBA]
Players
26 posts
22,520 battles

Hi.

Having given the CV rework time to settle down it is clear that DD play is still severely impaired.

Even in the likes of the Kidd or a full AA spec Gearing, being spotted by air means taking fire and eventual deletion.

DD gameplay seems to be dying.

I have 3 years and hundreds of pounds invested in this game and need to make an informed decision about my future investment and even whether it is time to move on entirely.  

If anyone has the attention of the Dev team or any news as to the future of CV/Spotting, I would be very grateful to hear it. 

I really hope I don't have to leave the game I love.

 

Thanks.

 

 

Edit.  This thread is not a request for tactics. I just need information on the direction WG are taking regarding CV's spotting. Thanks again.

  • Cool 10
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,377 posts
14,104 battles
1 minute ago, Colostomiser said:

Hi.

Having given the CV rework time to settle down it is clear that DD play is still severely impaired.

Even in the likes of the Kidd or a full AA spec Gearing, being spotted by air means taking fire and eventual deletion.

DD gameplay seems to be dying.

I have 3 years and hundreds of pounds invested in this game and need to make an informed decision about my future investment and even whether it is time to move on entirely.  

If anyone has the attention of the Dev team or any news as to the future of CV/Spotting, I would be very grateful to hear it. 

I really hope I don't have to leave the game I love.

 

Thanks.

It’s all about playing passive/defensive at the start of matches. If there is one CV they can really only focus on one side. If there are 2 you need to stay close to the fleet for at least the first few mins. Then when the game gets spread more, your worth increases. It’s not easy but can be managed. Also not even half the CV players in game are that good. So it’s not like all CV players are purple masters.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
6,170 posts
10,652 battles

Please keep in mind, that there are already enough OPEN CV topics! So please stick to those.

 

E.g. this one, maybe you find some more help there:

 

 

Regarding your question:

6 minutes ago, Colostomiser said:

any news as to the future of CV/Spotting

No major reworks planned (e.g. spotting on minimap only).

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OGBA]
[OGBA]
Players
26 posts
22,520 battles

Im not meaning this to be a CV topic or a tactics request. I just want to know what news there is regarding the future of CV spotting and stealth gameplay.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
6,170 posts
10,652 battles
4 minutes ago, Colostomiser said:

I just want to know what news there is regarding the future of CV spotting and stealth gameplay.

In short: Not that I know of.

 

But you can look for the latest information yourself!

 

Here (player sourced information from all around the world): 

 

And here (direct link from the developers):

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/forum/754-development-blog/

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,848 posts
14,391 battles
9 minutes ago, Colostomiser said:

Im not meaning this to be a CV topic or a tactics request. I just want to know what news there is regarding the future of CV spotting and stealth gameplay.

 

Thanks.

Planes spot you less than before, but ok...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,559 battles

There is no such thing as going to a cap unsupported on your own anymore. Unlikely that will ever return again.

 

As for flanking the enemy fleet in stealth or using obvious gaps in the lines to sneak though in stealth....yes that still exists. But you need a CV to do it ( it's spotting will make obvious where gaps in the line are or are developing )

 

So now and in future against CV you need to cooperate with CV, or at least use what they offer you passively. They still spot faster and better then DD do.

 

And quite frankly when the new is off the UK CV's and Premium CV's you will get 4/5 matches without CV again. But it is best to be succesfull with them too don't you think ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,848 posts
14,391 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

There is no such thing as going to a cap unsupported on your own ....

But it still happens...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,559 battles
8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

But it still happens...

 

Well sometimes it pays off....when an enemy  lemmingtain goes the other way and completely leaves a far cap uncontested.

 

Still doesn't make that a succesfull pre match strategy to go by.....and if aircraft don't damage or kill  a lone unsupported DD, then other DD - supposedly with some Cruiser backup - probably will only seconds after the aircraft would have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,377 posts
14,104 battles
55 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

There is no such thing as going to a cap unsupported on your own anymore. Unlikely that will ever return again.

 

Yes there is. I’ve done it multiple times.

 

55 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

As for flanking the enemy fleet in stealth or using obvious gaps in the lines to sneak though in stealth....yes that still exists. But you need a CV to do it ( it's spotting will make obvious where gaps in the line are or are developing )

A DD with skilled players can still do all this without a CV doing it. I’ve done it myself multiple times.

 

55 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

TSo now and in future against CV you need to cooperate with CV, or at least use what they offer you passively. They still spot faster and better then DD do.

There may be a CV’s about doesn’t make them good. Most of them aren’t. Always go with the mindset you have to carry. And they may spot faster initially but they don’t always or are not always able to keep stuff spotted. That’s what DD’s do better than any single CV can.

 

39 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Still doesn't make that a succesfull pre match strategy to go by.....and if aircraft don't damage or kill  a lone unsupported DD, then other DD - supposedly with some Cruiser backup - probably will only seconds after the aircraft would have.

Every game is unique and random. There is no such thing as pre match strategy. Strategy in WoWs is fluid constantly. Sometimes being a lone DD is the right thing to do. Again, I’ve done it.

 

But at least you are thinking critically and outside the box a bit for once. That’s a plus I suppose.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NMA]
Players
1,274 posts
18,922 battles
1 hour ago, Colostomiser said:

need to make an informed decision about my future investment and even whether it is time to move on entirely.  

I don't know where WG is taking this game, in which direction. To be honest I don't think even WG knows...

 

For me, personally, I've stopped spending money on it since xmas and I'm not planning on spending a single € in the future. There were so many bad decision by WG in the last half a year or so, that ruined WOWS for me. And I see no intentions from WG to improve the gaming experience.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
3,168 posts
3,608 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

There is no such thing as going to a cap unsupported on your own anymore.

If there is only one carrier per team, there is actually a better than even chance that you can sneak a destroyer into one of the three caps without getting spotted. And if those planes turn up when you're already in the cap, you can always smoke up - few carrier players have the acuity to attack you when they can't see you, unless you give away your position in the smoke by opening fire (so keep those AA guns silent if you're trying to cap!).

 

If there are two or more carriers per team, however, then the airspace will quickly get crowded. Run, duck, and cover - be a leaf in the wind. And pray to the Weird Gods of Nerd for whatever favour they can spare you!

:Smile_veryhappy:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OGBA]
[OGBA]
Players
26 posts
22,520 battles

Guys, sorry this thread isnt about tactics its just a request for news from the Devs or anyone who is in the know.( Its basically a call for a shareholders update :D)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
6,170 posts
10,652 battles
8 minutes ago, Colostomiser said:

request for news from the Devs or anyone who is in the know

To which I gave already an answer and a link to the dev blog... what more do you want?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
5,617 posts
13,892 battles

From what I gather, WG consider the rework basically 'done' i.e. all that's left to do is some balancing tweaks. Allegedly.

 

2 hours ago, Colostomiser said:

I have 3 years and hundreds of pounds invested in this game and need to make an informed decision about my future investment and even whether it is time to move on entirely.

 

I haven't been playing WOWS for as long as you have (my WOT account is similarly aged though), but my feeling is that - at the moment - the only DDs that are viable (in CV games) are the ones with decent AA, and they require somewhat different tactics, especially early game, to do well with.

 

With north of 13K battles, it may be that you could use a break anyway; I found WOT became a lot more bearable when I switched to only playing occasionally; plus, a bit of time away from the game gives WG a chance to fix some of the more broken stuff (for me, in WOT, it was MM - now somewhat better, it seems)...

 

Perhaps not bail entirely, but rather give some other things a lash, and hope that WG make some more tweaks to enable all DDs to be viable again (or at least, to give CV numbers a chance to die down again)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OGBA]
[OGBA]
Players
26 posts
22,520 battles

Thanks Verblond, quikr and Allied_Winter. All news and info welcome.  

 

Verblond I am sort of taking a break by playing AA spec ships but its the stealth DD's that keep me hooked :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
3,931 posts
10,602 battles

Hello forumities,

 

As a result of newly discussion, It has been accepted that the CV topics getting bigger and bigger in numbers.

So, we decided to compile most of them in two pinned threads, like other very hot topics.

Please use this link CV DISCUSSION for general CV topics, and this link MM DISCUSSION for CV related MatchMaking discussions.

 

This topic is locked.

Thank you.

 

Excavatus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×