You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
EmilyKing

Do we keep the space ships from april's fool's event missions?

19 comments in this topic

6,166 posts
10,652 battles

You mean the likes of Zaya, Paris and Norma? No! They are T10 ships cramped into a special T7 environment. Imagine what'd happen if they let me run freely with a stock Des Moines at T7.... ohhh the horror.

BUT: If you like the appearance, you can buy the permanent space camos for T10 ships (for 8000!!! dubloons a piece).

• Funny 1

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,529 battles

what? then what was the point of earning things like the alldestroyer in the missions???

apart from having a particularly cruel april's fools day joke at our expense...

[G-S-W]
[G-S-W]
Players
1,213 posts
4,999 battles
Gerade eben, EmilyKing sagte:

then what was the point of earning things like the alldestroyer in the missions???

Keep the servers populated i guess

[G-S-W]
[G-S-W]
Players
1,213 posts
4,999 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, Allied_Winter sagte:

Imagine what'd happen if they let me run freely with a stock Des Moines at T7.... ohhh the horror.

I´d love to see that. But only as a spectator^^

6,166 posts
10,652 battles

So that you have a) some goals and variety to play in the space battle mode (there are quite a few players that look forward to these modes throughout all the year) and b) can complete some mission for the event currency.

Also, to check how a camo/skin/upgraded hull design for 8k dubloons looks like

Just now, DaMaGGo said:

I´d love to see that. But only as a spectator^^

Maybe I'll do that in a training room against T5 cruisers ... ohhh the overmatch :D

• Funny 1

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,529 battles

jesus christ.

I mean why not let us keep it as part of our collection even if we cant use it in normal battles?

6,166 posts
10,652 battles

Because it was handled like that for ... well for every special mode so far. Special purpose ships come and go. If you like the appearance you can buy the camo.

I mean ... what's the point of keeping them in port for a year (provided that next years april fools will be exactly the same), without even a chance on driving them?

[G-S-W]
[G-S-W]
Players
1,213 posts
4,999 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, Allied_Winter sagte:

Maybe I'll do that in a training room against T5 cruisers ... ohhh the overmatch :D

sealclub simulator 1.1

• Funny 1

[KOKOS]
Players
253 posts
5,529 battles
3 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Because it was handled like that for ... well for every special mode so far. Special purpose ships come and go. If you like the appearance you can buy the camo.

I mean ... what's the point of keeping them in port for a year (provided that next years april fools will be exactly the same), without even a chance on driving them?

screenshots :p

also, to add to the number of ships in my collection to count towards getting the collectors perk :p

6,166 posts
10,652 battles

If all you want to do is LOOK at them, you can try out the 'Extended tech tree' mod, from the official mod pack. Pre arsenal/armoury rework it allowed you to check on ships that were in the client but NOT available to anyone. Maybe give that a try.

[CATS]
Players
26,832 posts
14,389 battles
57 minutes ago, EmilyKing said:

what? then what was the point of earning things like the alldestroyer in the missions???

To test them out for free for 5 wins.

Otherwise unlock and buy a Tier X ship if you think that is cheaper...

WG Staff
3,368 posts
14,270 battles
2 hours ago, EmilyKing said:

The point is you get to use these ships in space modes without the need to research or fit them - you unlock more by playing the modes. It's also a nice way of getting a preview for ships you haven't unlocked yet on Tier X.

2 hours ago, EmilyKing said:

jesus christ.

I mean why not let us keep it as part of our collection even if we cant use it in normal battles?

The main reason is because you wouldn't be able to use them again - but if you like the aesthetics, you can get your hands on the skins for those ships.

I hope you'll have some fun with them and maybe it'll help you to decide which Tier X you want to go for next :)

Greetings, Crysantos

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles

Nope, they didn't even let us keep the Dynamo event ships that would have been a much better fit for the main game (with some buffs).

Players
311 posts
14,416 battles
27 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

The point is you get to use these ships in space modes without the need to research or fit them - you unlock more by playing the modes. It's also a nice way of getting a preview for ships you haven't unlocked yet on Tier X.

The main reason is because you wouldn't be able to use them again - but if you like the aesthetics, you can get your hands on the skins for those ships.

I hope you'll have some fun with them and maybe it'll help you to decide which Tier X you want to go for next :)

Greetings, Crysantos

But do we keep port slots from cw ships and space ships??

[SM0KE]
Players
5,611 posts
13,890 battles
Just now, Yamato942 said:

Not as far as I know (the relevant news stories usually state that the slots you gain with the rentals will be removed again, when the rental ships are themselves removed at the end of the event).

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,850 posts
5,332 battles

At least you get to keep the xp, captain or otherwise.

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
22 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

Nope, they didn't even let us keep the Dynamo event ships that would have been a much better fit for the main game (with some buffs).

You mean Aigle and Galant? Last time I checked those were still in the game. :cap_hmm:

Or do you mean the new reworked Dynamo operation in which you could bring Sims to wreck the planes? But then we didn't have special eventships as far as I renember.

Right now Dynamo is only unavailable until they tought the Bots to fly those arcady planes.

16 minutes ago, Yamato942 said:

No.

It used to be this way until WG stopped being generous, because they realized people like me existed that already have every latest researched ship in the line, Tier X, Premium and "keeper" they wanted in port and still some 20+ portslots left.

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles
8 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

You mean Aigle and Galant? Last time I checked those were still in the game. :cap_hmm:

I meant the two t5 ships that were available in the original event, along with Gallant as a premium. Though it seems Anthony was in the same class as Acasta and I assume Cyclone is similar to Aigle.