You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
psychofiction

I got pink by getting disconnected from the game

5 comments in this topic

[LTTCT]
Players
4 posts
5,176 battles

So last weekend, in the mornings and noons, I had no problem playing warships whatsoever. Till prime time kicked in, then I had major lag, packet loss and it was just unplayable, so I quit. Next day same thing, and yesterday too.

So today I log in and what do I see? I got pink for 3 battles because "I quit the battle too early"... well I would play out the battle if I was not disconnected every 2 minutes! (yesterday's last battle I played, after the first DC I never reconnected because of the multiple DC's I had the battle before)

So why am I having connection issue's only in prime time? (for me that is 5pm-10pm GMT+1) And am I the only one having these issue's or are there more players? if so, can it be fixed? Because I'm thinking of shelving this game for a while (again) till this is fixed. because getting pink for unintentional DC's isn't fair!

PS: I'm sorry if I put this thread in the wrong topic, I'm seldom on forums.

edit: What I also tried to minimize the lag; change the graphic settings from medium to low, changed alternative battle view from always visible to off (the alt) but still I got lag, packetloss and dc's within prime time.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Most players have no connection issues whatsoever. Even during prime time.

I'd contact support of Wargaming as well as your internet provider. See where the issues really are by working with both of them. Wargaming support will tell you how to make sure it isn't an issue with their software. Your povider can provide a detailed diagnosis of your network connection.

Players
549 posts
5,166 battles

this comes up on the forum now and then. just play safe for a few games and you will be fine.

grab a dd mount a ram and speed flag and spam a few co-op matches if you dont feel like playing safe.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,898 posts
19,720 battles

Being pink is a warning. It has no repercussions. You are not being punished (well, unless you consider your name being written in pink as punishment).

Packet loss etc. suggests a problem with your connection, it cannot be fixed by playing around with graphics settings.

[LTTCT]
Players
4 posts
5,176 battles

I found the problem! (atleast I think I do)

I have defragged the gamefolder where warships was installed and it helped quite a bit, I still have some occasional packetloss but its playable now.

anyways thanks for the tips.