You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheIdesOfMarch93

Share your Uncommon Meme Builds here!

7 comments in this topic

Players
214 posts
11,481 battles

I'm guessing that a lot of veterans in WOWS have special meme builds for specific ships that help break the monotony of just "playing by the meta". Yet there's not really enough love or recognition shown for these ships in these specific "anti meta" builds, despite the fact that getting them to actually work well is arguably a much bigger display of skill and understanding of the particular ship/s in question! So perhaps we can all start sharing screenshots of our builds and post-battle result screens for all our viewing pleasures, and hopefully inspire more people to experiment and keep things fresh ingame? 

I'll start off first with my favourite uncommon meme build: the Stealth 457 Conqueror. I hated Conqueror as a HE-spamming Megazao, call me a diehard BB driver back from the days of OBT when it was just US or IJN battleships but I don't believe in battleships only being viable by spamming HE most of the time! The 419s simply didn't pack enough of a punch for me and I wanted a playstyle for Conqueror that didn't feel like me playing a Montana and using HE most/all of the time. So I built my Conq as a stealth ninja BB, 12.3km concealment and packing those 8 457mm guns for maximum AP bitchslapping power against cruisers and BBs at almost-brawling range. She works pretty well in my hands, since with judicious use of island cover and good timing of firing and returning to normal concealments I can be a Vanguard on steroids. I've swung several matches before in the past with this Conq build, precisely because the enemy team couldn't and didn't expect me to pop up where I was and drop 8 AP shells right into their broadsides. And those 457s hurt a lot harder than the 419s when firing AP at that short a range too. 

Here's some screenshots! 

shot-19.02.23_17.08.52-0697.jpg

shot-19.02.23_17.09.09-0089.jpg

shot-19.02.04_16.03.20-0254.jpg

shot-19.02.04_16.03.22-0946.jpg

shot-19.02.04_16.03.36-0646.jpg

[LEEUW]
Players
2,318 posts
10,110 battles

Range mod mino.

Somehow the angle at which the shells land on the target makes them deal incredible damage. I've even citadelled bbs at max range with her. Obviously making the shells land is hard, but with some practice it is doable. Albeit that sometimes you have to lead you shots such an amount that you can't even see your target anymore when zoomed in. But stationary targets like bow in bbs are crying when they get hit for 6 or 7 k each few seconds by this pesky mino 18 km away. It's hilarious. 

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

not sure it's "weird" enough to really qualify here, but IFHE Secondary Build Alsace (so those 100mm machineguns actually do something) sure is entertaining...

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,807 posts
8,982 battles
36 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Range mod mino.

Somehow the angle at which the shells land on the target makes them deal incredible damage. I've even citadelled bbs at max range with her. Obviously making the shells land is hard, but with some practice it is doable. Albeit that sometimes you have to lead you shots such an amount that you can't even see your target anymore when zoomed in. But stationary targets like bow in bbs are crying when they get hit for 6 or 7 k each few seconds by this pesky mino 18 km away. It's hilarious. 

That would sound like a reasonable option for Radar Mino :cap_yes:

Maybe i should try that one.

On the other hand, i brawl-killed a Conkeks today, that was fun too :cap_haloween:

Players
2,916 posts
16,585 battles

Legendary mod Z52 for the lulz 58s torp reload (it's pretty bad in high DD / CV games because it gives up stealth). 

IFHE secondary Alsace sure is entertaining, I play that too. 

Even more entertaining is full secondary IFHE Kurfurst, although I guess it doesn't really qualify, but melting bowtanking BBs from 11 kms away without using main guns is glorious.

2 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Range mod mino.

Sounds like a fun option for my Radar mino. Will try it.

Players
8,162 posts
9,017 battles

Dunno if any of my builds really is out there. Likely the most uncommon would be secondary Mutsu, to put those 20 14 cm guns to use.

Players
214 posts
11,481 battles

Here's another uncommon meme build: Secondary Lyon. 

Am currently casual-grinding the French BB tree, and Lyon is an absolute riot of fun. I know her armor scheme doesn't make her a good brawler, but if you are extremely vigilant with your gameplay and choose your moments correctly, you can come up with some absolutely monstrous results! 

Screencaps as usual. :) 

shot-19.04.06_20.53.32-0044.jpg

shot-19.04.06_20.53.34-0687.jpg

shot-19.04.06_20.53.40-0821.jpg