Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_RGvUdEcxWWvD

Worcester or Mino?

20 comments in this topic

Players
315 posts

So Im planning to grind a new line and a heavily focused AA ship is something I havent done before. Now that CV is getting more popular, I kinda want to blend in the fun spamming Mino or Worcester. So who would you pick against a heavy CV comp? What are the pros and cons. I appreciate your knowledge.

Im picking between these 2, unless ofcourse there is a ship with better AA which I dont know about.

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,274 posts
6,553 battles

I'd recommend the USN CL line, since it is more forgiving than the British line. You could grind both of them to a T6 though, from there on forward they don't really differ that much compared to their tier 10s imo. At tier 8 USN gets an additional consumable, 9km radar, where the British can swap out their smoke generator for a 10km radar at tier 8.

Players
315 posts
2 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

I'd recommend the USN CL line, since it is more forgiving than the British line. You could grind both of them to a T6 though, from there on forward they don't really differ that much compared to their tier 10s imo. At tier 8 USN gets an additional consumable, 9km radar, where the British can swap out their smoke generator for a 10km radar at tier 8.

I dont really care what comes before TX, but thanks for additional info. I also read that Worcester is harder to citadel compared to Mino?

Does smoke reduce your AA?

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
3,074 battles

From what I've read, the Des Moines is considered to be better in most respects than the Worcester and you can get perm camps for the 6-9 in the current event. 

Players
315 posts
1 minute ago, black_falcon120 said:

From what I've read, the Des Moines is considered to be better in most respects than the Worcester and you can get perm camps for the 6-9 in the current event. 

Im heavily focused on AA atm. Im fairly positive Worcester has better AA by a mile.

Players
10,034 posts
11,833 battles
30 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

I just realised this is a good time to speed up the grind since captain skills are free now. Anyone know how long this event lasts which grants us free redistribute of commander skills?

Free respec ends... tommorow morning?

30 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

Im heavily focused on AA atm. Im fairly positive Worcester has better AA by a mile.

For AA purposes, yes and beats Minotaur only by use of DFAA. For more... passive approach (and much less skill demanding ship), Mino is better. For shooting anything on earth, DM.

Wooster and Mino can be stalked by Stealth IJN TBs, DM can't.

Privateer
7 posts
5,153 battles
50 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

I just realised this is a good time to speed up the grind since captain skills are free now. Anyone know how long this event lasts which grants us free redistribute of commander skills?

Another few hours buddy. Next daily reset it's over. 

[SHAFT]
Players
9,851 posts
8,985 battles

:cap_haloween:

shot-19_04.07_23_04.09-0337.thumb.jpg.0cb7335d5c9c40b57ffcffdddf62eb0e.jpg

i mean still... annoyed the hell out of me by permaspotting me basicly.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,847 posts
5,332 battles

Can't really go wrong with either. Very fragile ships, the pair of them, though.

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
3,074 battles
3 hours ago, Zlaraki said:

Can I ask why, AA is the Dullest mechanic in game atm.

Players
2,918 posts
16,617 battles

Fun fact: CVs will avoid AA ships if there are better targets.

Fun fact #2: Cvs have no trouble sinking AA ships since AA skillz are basically useless against good CV players (only base AA values matter - Mino used to be the only useful AA CL, then it got nerfed)

As to the two ships, both are very fun, you can't really go wrong. 

Worch is an island-hugger and very map dependent. Still overall it is probably the stronger ship due to having HE and bow armor that dont get overmatched by Henry and various cruisers.

Mino has two distinct playstyles. Radar and smoke. It's very mobile like a big dd and can be a powerful playmaker. Very timing dependent with an extreme skill ceiling. Also can use smoke to lock down a flank. Most fun ship in my port :cap_rambo: 

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,918 posts
19,735 battles

Get a Montana.

Island hugging against reworked CVs is suicide.

• Cool 1

Players
55 posts
8 hours ago, Zlaraki said:

So Im planning to grind a new line and a heavily focused AA ship is something I havent done before. Now that CV is getting more popular, I kinda want to blend in the fun spamming Mino or Worcester. So who would you pick against a heavy CV comp? What are the pros and cons. I appreciate your knowledge.

Im picking between these 2, unless ofcourse there is a ship with better AA which I dont know about.

Are you longing to spam other players for a particular reason? tough life situation? Poor aim? come on, we want to hear why you decide to go for cancer ships

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,274 posts
6,553 battles
4 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

I F* up guys. I free exped accidentaly into Moiness line and lost all motivation. Thanks for all the info tho

Des Moines is none the less a really good ship and lots of fun when you get that Unique Module on it. 

Players
10,034 posts
11,833 battles
13 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

I F* up guys. I free exped accidentaly into Moiness line and lost all motivation. Thanks for all the info tho

I don't see how thats an issue, as DM still reigns superb for surface combat AND have nothing to sneeze at AA. Without practice how to Freedom Kruzer it might be tad rough experience.

8 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Get a Montana.

Island hugging against reworked CVs is suicide.

But then Monty is tad... powercrept in terms of AA. And then you have Justin Beiber... err Jean Bart.

[NMA]
Players
1,264 posts
18,907 battles

Stalingrad is the answer to all your problems     :cap_rambo: 

111.jpg

Players
10,034 posts
11,833 battles
5 minutes ago, quickr said:

Stalingrad is the answer to all your problems     :cap_rambo: 

111.jpg

You can say the same for any ship, if you find CV players speschul enough.

bqsdf702liq21.png

Hatsuharumasterrace?

[BOBS3]
Players
1,014 posts
19,321 battles
19 minutes ago, Panocek said:

You can say the same for any ship, if you find CV players speschul enough.

bqsdf702liq21.png

Hatsuharumasterrace?

Obviously heard that DDs were hard to kill!

Sign in to follow this