Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yankmyplank

gameplay is becoming boring and predictable

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[OCTO]
Players
111 posts
18,693 battles

Since the AC update this game is getting more and more boring, cant play a DD to much effect as perma spotted, cant hide behind an island because perma spotted, never ever in the 2WW or even up until air refuelling started could planes stay up forever, to make matters worse at higher tiers WG had a though maybe we should fill the air with even more bloody planes so now we get 2cv per team at higher tiers now! WTF was they thinking? This game might as well be WoWP version 2.

 

Since that stupid update I have played very little, I log in for a few games now and again then simply had enough then log out again. This game used to be fun now it is only fun if you play a CV.

  • Cool 7
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,828 posts
8,982 battles

Not enough BB/CA/DD players -> you get 2 CVs more often.

Its not up to WG, it depends what people are playing. If you have too many CVs in the queue, ofc there will be 2 CV games more often :Smile_sceptic:

 

9 minutes ago, Yankmyplank said:

Since that stupid update I have played very little, I log in for a few games now and again then simply had enough then log out again. This game used to be fun now it is only fun if you play a CV.

 

#

Most of the time, its just unfun to play. Half of them due to CVs, other half how people play because of the CVs :cap_fainting:

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,482 posts
7,604 battles
16 minutes ago, Yankmyplank said:

Since the AC update this game is getting more and more boring, cant play a DD to much effect as perma spotted, cant hide behind an island because perma spotted, never ever in the 2WW or even up until air refuelling started could planes stay up forever, to make matters worse at higher tiers WG had a though maybe we should fill the air with even more bloody planes so now we get 2cv per team at higher tiers now! WTF was they thinking? This game might as well be WoWP version 2.

 

Since that stupid update I have played very little, I log in for a few games now and again then simply had enough then log out again. This game used to be fun now it is only fun if you play a CV.

 

Only solution is to play CV until you break the game.

  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,374 posts
14,100 battles
7 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

 

Only solution is to play CV until you break the game.

Pretty much what I'm doing. Munching on poor DD's and lone boats. Don't even care about WR as I'm still a learning potato. Don't touch surface ships unless in a division now.

 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HFHH]
Players
304 posts
16,341 battles

trouble is 2 cv a team is 1 too many, a DD cannot do their job spotting and capping because the air around the caps is full of planes

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,374 posts
14,100 battles
Just now, Stronginthearms said:

trouble is 2 cv a team is 1 too many, a DD cannot do their job spotting and capping because the air around the caps is full of planes

Correct. Unless you have some super luck and really stupid CV's on the red team.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,514 battles

Yet i witnessed a single DD going up against 2 CV's - whilst fulminating in chat about WG stupidity allowing this - actually getting close to them and spotting them for all to shoot at. These 2 CV were blown away by Cruiser and Battleship fire before they could high tail out and that was early-mid match as they were surprised by a early cap breakthrough where they were positioned close by at match start.

 

I killed 2 cruisers - being heavily supported by the team - with my Graf Spee torpedo's that were focussing on me and not him actually breaking through that cap, that is probably why he made it there not being intercepted. But he still made it under relentless aircraft attacks of 2 CV and these 2 CV blew up because of it. Showing they are not that powerful at all. Not early game.

 

Funny that guy kept typing complaints and insults to the enemy CV while he did all this.....but you have to give it it him, he did in fact kill the 2 CV by himself by spotting them all the time untill blown away by Cruiser and Battleship fire. Winning the match could be attributed to him too, despite one of the CV got an after death revenge kill on him.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,839 posts
20,233 battles

Easy solution for all the problems mentioned above:

 

Play T4 (or maximum T6) DDs if it has to be DDs you want to play.

 

  • usually only two (often potato) CVs per side in the game
  • T4 and T6 CVs are quite harmless for DDs
  • playing a bit unpotatoish keeps you from being permaspotted and/or instakilled by cruisers
  • ?
  • winrar!

 

Oh, and if you really want to have lots of fun then take a Yubari for a ride. Or an AA skilled Furutaka or Königsberg. Krispy Kreme can also annoy CVs to no end...

As DD there's always the Sims..

 

What I mean is: either join the ranks of the CV potatoes yourself or play ships that make their potato life really, really, really unfun until they stop playing them. ^^

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
315 posts

Yes it is, not many Rambos out there sadly. As soon as the game starts all my enemies hold hands and dont let go. Rework CV has forced team play which was abcent for a long time. Like it or not, CV has imrpoved this comunity gameplay and forced them to learn more about the game. 

  • Cool 3
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
853 posts
907 battles

I advocate everyone sink the FARCE (imho) reworked CVs until these FARCE reworked CVs are driven from the game.

Also send a ticket into CS informing them your wallet is closed until the FARCE reworked CVs are removed.

 Either of these (or both) methods will convince WoWS to remove the FARCE reworked CVs.

 Then, maybe, just maybe, WoWS will return the old RTS style of CVs back to the game (where they belong).

 btw, I no longer play CVs (due to the FARCE rework).

I try to sink every chance I get the Reworked FARCE CVs.

& did I mention, WoWS, my wallet is now closed.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,003 posts
15,882 battles

Why many bother with capping/spotting? In one game when i died on cap, i was told by a [WG-EU] dude that i did wrong, he was on opposite team. So if you dont want to violate the rules of the game, dont play the objective if you feel like youll be killed there. Play to win is bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,439 battles
12 minutes ago, antean said:

I advocate everyone sink the FARCE (imho) reworked CVs until these FARCE reworked CVs are driven from the game.

Also send a ticket into CS informing them your wallet is closed until the FARCE reworked CVs are removed.

 Either of these (or both) methods will convince WoWS to remove the FARCE reworked CVs.

 Then, maybe, just maybe, WoWS will return the old RTS style of CVs back to the game (where they belong).

 btw, I no longer play CVs (due to the FARCE rework).

I try to sink every chance I get the Reworked FARCE CVs.

& did I mention, WoWS, my wallet is now closed.

You don't even play at tiers where CVs matter... nice try tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,710 posts
11,961 battles
2 minutes ago, Azalgor said:

Why many bother with capping/spotting? In one game when i died on cap, i was told by a [WG-EU] dude that i did wrong, he was on opposite team. So if you dont want to violate the rules of the game, dont play the objective if you feel like youll be killed there. Play to win is bad.

Well, dying in cap doesn't win the match. You don't even need CVs for there to be situations where you shouldn't be trying to cap. If you get into the cap and die there accomplishing nothing, this strongly implies that you actually didn't play "to win", you just defaulted to what would probably be a good idea if there were no CVs, no Radars and no DDs stealthier than you around. If there are CVs that want to get you, well positioned Radars on the other side of the cap and/or stealthy DDs to spot you for the enemy team... then the "default" strategy might not be quite as good anymore.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
853 posts
907 battles
3 minutes ago, Namuras said:

You don't even play at tiers where CVs matter... nice try tho. 

I sold all my CVs on my NA account. My opinion is as valid as anyone else's.

&, Namuras, you are incorrect. I have ships at T8 that see & face the more powerful FARCE reworked CVs.  Check your facts before you spout off.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
559 posts
5,173 battles

i keenly remember all those cv borne flights in history strictly emphasising the need to be back on the carrier in less than 20 minutes.

 

there is definatly a problem with how friendly cv can carry out a support role, such as fighter summons timing and not actually moving to defend the ships they are dropped on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,439 battles
4 minutes ago, antean said:

I sold all my CVs on my NA account. My opinion is as valid as anyone else's.

&, Namuras, you are incorrect. I have ships at T8 that see & face the more powerful FARCE reworked CVs.  Check your facts before you spout off.

Oh, i overlooked your Massa B and Asashio... i am truly in awe... 

 

And yes, the ominous 2nd account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
853 posts
907 battles
16 minutes ago, Namuras said:

Oh, i overlooked your Massa B and Asashio... i am truly in awe... 

 

And yes, the ominous 2nd account.

I got the Mass from a SC which I find hilarious since I'm F2P here & the Asashio was gifted to me by Yaskaraxx the well known sales agent (lol) for that DD.

As to an 'ominous 2nd account' - I've always had one original account on NA & now here in EU. You too, Namuras, can join another server.

I do not 're-roll' nor do I ever hide my stats. I random what tier ship I play (unless, ofc, I'm grinding). & I have bought my share of Doubloons and/or Premium ships in NA.

Also, I somehow fluked (at the time) into the very end of Alpha testing so I also have that ship (tho I'm not so good w it).

So go walk a plank off one of your ships (oh & btw, hope to see you in battle sometime when you are on the other team).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,439 battles
17 minutes ago, antean said:

I got the Mass from a SC which I find hilarious since I'm F2P here & the Asashio was gifted to me by Yaskaraxx the well known sales agent (lol) for that DD.

As to an 'ominous 2nd account' - I've always had one original account on NA & now here in EU. You too, Namuras, can join another server.

I do not 're-roll' nor do I ever hide my stats. I random what tier ship I play (unless, ofc, I'm grinding). & I have bought my share of Doubloons and/or Premium ships in NA.

Also, I somehow fluked (at the time) into the very end of Alpha testing so I also have that ship (tho I'm not so good w it).

So go walk a plank off one of your ships (oh & btw, hope to see you in battle sometime when you are on the other team).

So... what is ur NA account? cause it sure as hell isn't named the same as your EU account... 

 

I am well aware i could, but why would I? to regrind? to have worse ping? Tho NA would probably still be perfectly playable. Also if we meet, give me a shoutout so i know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
886 posts
10,039 battles

The carriers are less of a problem than how stupid it makes the other classes play. Apparently less than 4 BBs in a tight blog is unable to survive AA so now they are even more useless than usual. I'm not having any real trouble with CVs as a DD main. Every few games I'm getting picked on all game, but mostly I can avoid them.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,048 posts
245 battles

Yeah i notice dd’s become the target of focus once they are spotted by cv’s or anyone, with usn cv’s its easier to kill dd’s atm, im not sure how rn and ijn cv’s fair too be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,086 posts
13,400 battles
2 hours ago, Yankmyplank said:

 

Since that stupid update I have played very little, I log in for a few games now and again then simply had enough then log out again. This game used to be fun now it is only fun if you play a CV.

 

Well, I tried and trust me it is not. Not even then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,709 posts
10,983 battles
3 hours ago, Yankmyplank said:

forum threads are becoming boring and predictable

ftfy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KITEN]
Players
284 posts
14,011 battles
5 hours ago, Capra76 said:

 

Only solution is to play CV until you break the game.

I havent played at all in about 3 weeks, i loaded up the game 2 days ago, got to the port screen, stared for a few seconds, then realised i just cant bring myself to play.

 

I have no motivation to play WOWS anymore, and it has been my primary game since 2015.

 

I have several hundred steam games to play, games that dont offer more frustation than fun. Hopefully WG will make drastic changes, even though that seems unlikely at this stage, because WG knows best, and that is apparently to :etc_swear: off the vast majority for the sake of a tiny minority.

 

Edit: Not sure how my recent stats are falling when i havent played...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,828 posts
8,982 battles
6 minutes ago, JohnMac79 said:

I have no motivation to play WOWS anymore, and it has been my primary game since 2015.

 

If it wasnt for other people, i probably wouldnt play either. But i get constantly bugged by Clanmates/friends to play in a division :Smile_sceptic:

Played 5 games despite not wanting to play at all :fish_boom:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,995 posts
11,771 battles
6 hours ago, Capra76 said:

 

Only solution is to play CV until you break the game.

We all know playing cv's wont break the game, it's a false economy to think that way. It'll only give WG positive statistics reinforcing their view their CV overall is very popular and people are playing them more and more because of it. In fact, playing cv's more is a sure way to cement them in the game in their current form for a long long time. In a few words, totally counter-productive.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×