Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IOUnothing

4 carrier battles at high tier

32 comments in this topic

Players
12 posts
9,025 battles

I have just had a match in which I did not land a single hit (playing a tier IX cruiser). It was a tier IX/X battle with 4 carriers. Pounced upon in the first couple of minutes by torpedo bombers I dodged about 6 torpedoes coming from all angles but caught 4 - extended flooding and end of game. Matches, especially high tier matches, should be limited to 1 carrier a side. Multiple carrier matches just lead to the herding of ships for AA concentration and really poor, wholly defensive games. This really needs to be addressed, WOWS will just kill its player base if not. Certainly they will see no more money from me if the present over-representation of carriers in high tier games persists.

• Boring 2

[BOBS3]
Players
1,014 posts
19,374 battles

Pull pin, release handle and throw...

Surely this topic has been done to death, and I'm pretty sure that Wargaming has said that they are not going to stop it.

Sorry

[CATS]
Players
26,859 posts
14,393 battles
11 minutes ago, IOUnothing said:

I have just had a match in which I did not land a single hit (playing a tier IX cruiser). It was a tier IX/X battle with 4 carriers. Pounced upon in the first couple of minutes by torpedo bombers I dodged about 6 torpedoes coming from all angles but caught 4 - extended flooding and end of game. Matches, especially high tier matches, should be limited to 1 carrier a side. Multiple carrier matches just lead to the herding of ships for AA concentration and really poor, wholly defensive games. This really needs to be addressed, WOWS will just kill its player base if not. Certainly they will see no more money from me if the present over-representation of carriers in high tier games persists.

I see a couple of mistakes.

• you were overextended
  • your evasion was suboptimal
  • you used damage control too soon
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,559 battles

I was in such matches today  all the time too...in CV's. Must be weekend MM.  It is called a duck rape after a female duck gets jumped by several males even to the point she i drowning.

I do not like this too, but being there anyway i will try to damage or sink as many enemies as i can.

Do not let yourself talked into it was your fault per definition. Armoured higher tier Cruisers are very attractive to AP bombers, even though hellfire AA comes out of them. I have given my AP bombers extra HP ( bomber modification 2 )  on top of the captain skill extra HP to stay alive long enough for nice hard hitting citadels.

You see when you citadel a BB nothing much happens, so those are not attractive AP bomb targets....better torpedo targets since they won't evade them so easy like Cruisers do....A citadel AP bomb hit to a battleship  looks almost like an overpenetrating hit so little damage does this do. But to cruisers....frightning HP bar reductions. High satisfaction to be had there....

Here too the saying goes "Once you get past the lance point, it is like killing rabbits"  the lance point here not being torpedo's but AA fire.

You can blame yourself though if you have specced out of strong AA captain skills and ship modules. Maybe those skills can be better used somewhere else, but not if a CV or multiple CV choose to have you as breakfast.

Players
315 posts

As a CV player I hate having 4 of them as well. There are so many fighters around. Can we Cv all just stop dropping those fighters? We are here to bully the community, not each other. I hope we can all arrange  a pact to make our own gameplay smoother.

• Funny 5

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,559 battles

There was this DD in a match i just played, fulminating in chat about 4 CV's in a match. He kept on ranting and swearing about WG doing this.

Meanwhile - still ranting and swearing in chat  - he got close to the 2 enemy CV's and lit them up for all to shoot at. So that is what the team did, we blew these CV to kingdom come before even mid-match. Ofcourse he was sunk by a revenge after death strike by one of the CV, enraging him even further. :Smile_izmena:

Very circus like mach with a DD clown, but the guy did do everything "right" and we won the match because of his spotting. But after death he did not recognise this himself and kept on fulminating.

Very funny.....and thnx guy....you gave me my 10th win/ minimum base XP for the oil. :Smile_honoring:

Players
315 posts

Honestly, I dont care about winning. Im here to drop judgement from the sky.

I dont know if you guys remember but I made about 10 threads to why we should remove CV from the game. Ultimately I gave up, when you cant beat them, you join them and let me tell you, I have had the best time playing CV since I installed this game. The amount of post msges I recieved from people with death threats, compliments about my mom is just so satisfying. Its not hard to guess my Karma has a steady zero since I main Khaba and Cv now. 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
1 minute ago, Zlaraki said:

Honestly, I dont care about winning. Im here to drop judgement from the sky.

I dont know if you guys remember but I made about 10 threads to why we should remove CV from the game. Ultimately I gave up, when you cant beat them, you join them and let me tell you, I have had the best time playing CV since I installed this game. The amount of post msges I recieved from people with death threats, compliments about my mom is just so satisfying. Its not hard to guess my Karma has a steady zero since I main Khaba and Cv now. 

Quake with fear, ladies and gentlemen, we have a real internet tough guy here.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
315 posts
2 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Quake with fear, ladies and gentlemen, we have a real internet tough guy here.

Interesting, my post had actualy the opposite intention of which you described here. Im a bit confused.

[SHAFT]
Players
9,876 posts
9,003 battles
1 hour ago, IOUnothing said:

WOWS will just kill its player base if not.

I hope so :cap_haloween:

Last week was a new low players/games played since the rework of CVs. Ofc the less people play DD/BB/CA, the more often you get 1 or 2 CV games. Btw, CV battles played didnt drop at all.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190406/eu_week/average_class.html

5 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

when you cant beat them, you join them

So everybody plays CVs... then  what?

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
1 minute ago, Zlaraki said:

Interesting, my post had actualy the opposite intention of which you described here. Im a bit confused.

I'm sure you are, mate, I'm sure you are.

• Bad 1

Players
575 posts
5,188 battles

t10 cv need their own specific fixes, as t10 cv are broken in their own specific ways. the latest patch screwed up mid tier cv for reasons obviously related to t10 cv

[-AP-]
Players
2,575 posts
6,333 battles

Honestly, t10 matches really need to be limited to 1 cv per team. in the battles i have played with 2 cvs per team, everyone from both teams were permaspotted through the entire bloody match, thats just meta-breaking and stupid.

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,559 battles
14 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

So everybody plays CVs... then  what?

Then you better use the last free skill respec day to spec back into full AA build most have already abandoned. :Smile_facepalm:

I expect after release of the premium CV there will still be quite a few CV in use for a while, before it goes back to normal again. Nerfing is of no use since the problem will go away by itself in the fullness of time as Mr_Conway likes to say.

[CATS]
Players
26,859 posts
14,393 battles
17 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I hope so :cap_haloween:

Last week was a new low players/games played since the rework of CVs. Ofc the less people play DD/BB/CA, the more often you get 1 or 2 CV games. Btw, CV battles played didnt drop at all.

And now think of a game mode that is not logged and therefore not included in the stats, but does not allow CV...

Players
269 posts
5,819 battles

While not one to complain about CV strength, being in a battle where there were 6 of them,as happened last night, is a little too much!  3 on each side, 6 BBs and 1 Cruiser is a bit ridiculous and although you can still get some shots in it was almost impossible to do a lot of damage or score much at all.  Eventually I was torped from 3 sides at the same time! lol

I assume it was only because it was late and the numbers of players on the server were low but it can't be allowed to happen too often.

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles

Had this happen early this morning. The match started and the first thing we see in chat is one of our CV players saying "FU WG, 3CVs?" It was 5.20 am - what did he expect?

shot-19.04.07_05.45.45-0190.jpg

Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles
9 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Had this happen early this morning. The match started and the first thing we see in chat is one of our CV players saying "FU WG, 3CVs?" It was 5.20 am - what did he expect?

shot-19.04.07_05.45.45-0190.jpg

inb4 rework undone because CVs got too popular:Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
1,505 posts
17,392 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Beastofwar sagte:

You can blame yourself though if you have specced out of strong AA captain skills and ship modules. Maybe those skills can be better used somewhere else, but not if a CV or multiple CV choose to have you as breakfast.

Tier 10 cruisers which are speced for Clan Battles usually have no special AA builds. That's kind of a problem. As long as the Captain spec is dor free as it was these past days it is ok. If it is not free you gotta stick with your CB build and are not strong against CVs.

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,439 battles
8 minutes ago, Donnerturm said:

Tier 10 cruisers which are speced for Clan Battles usually have no special AA builds. That's kind of a problem. As long as the Captain spec is dor free as it was these past days it is ok. If it is not free you gotta stick with your CB build and are not strong against CVs.

If that bothers you, then maybe not play that one ship in random T10sfor the duration of CBs? I know it is a novel idea... 

Beta Tester
1,505 posts
17,392 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, Namuras sagte:

If that bothers you, then maybe not play that one ship in random T10sfor the duration of CBs? I know it is a novel idea... 

What if I spec all my cruisers for CBs?

Nice idea but not feasible for everybody.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,794 posts
16,952 battles
1 hour ago, Zlaraki said:

As a CV player I hate having 4 of them as well. There are so many fighters around. Can we Cv all just stop dropping those fighters? We are here to bully the community, not each other. I hope we can all arrange  a pact to make our own gameplay smoother.

As per the current gameplay iteration I fully second the removal of fighters from all CVs as they are usually not used to actually fight other planes, but to harrass DDs with spotting and to distract AA.

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,439 battles
5 minutes ago, Donnerturm said:

What if I spec all my cruisers for CBs?

Nice idea but not feasible for everybody.

As i said: if it bothers you that you are not specced for AA then don't play? But don't complain just b/c you feel the need to do it... 

• Boring 1

Players
1,037 posts
11,913 battles

I dont understand this topic. You started this two hours ago, but LAST WEEK WG announced that the high-tier MM will have a soft cap on two-CV battles (which is what you mean, not 4CV battles. Those have never been a thing).

Sure, you could theoretically still get into two-CV games in tie X battles after (which is what the change will be for), but maybe one in one hundred games.

So, why exactly did you make this post?

Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles
1 minute ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

I dont understand this topic. You started this two hours ago, but LAST WEEK WG announced that the high-tier MM will have a soft cap on two-CV battles (which is what you mean, not 4CV battles. Those have never been a thing).

Sure, you could theoretically still get into two-CV games in tie X battles after (which is what the change will be for), but maybe one in one hundred games.

So, why exactly did you make this post?

"carriers OP, nerf, they touch my boat in inappropriate places"

Sign in to follow this