You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IrishAce

W.G. give us the option to turn off in game chat please

29 comments in this topic

[BUNTS]
Players
14 posts
5,899 battles

I'm here to have fun with the game not to get abuse and belittled
the some people out there a very abusive to each other and to me
if the match is not going their way some people get very abusive
I was in the match and I was in a Midway CV
I got the second highest score in the match
there was one player in general start give me abuse
and he had the lowest score in the match
World of Tanks has the feature you can turn off the ingame chat
W.G. can you please give us the option to turn off the ingame chat.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 3

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles

Can't you just ignore it? I don't mean "press some ignore button" I mean just ignore it.

• Cool 4

[SHAFT]
Players
9,882 posts
9,003 battles

Its bad to ignore the chat in a teamgame...

Why do people care if someone, whom they DONT KNOW, insults them. Just laugh about it :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
3,929 posts
16,185 battles
2 hours ago, That_Other_Nid said:

Just mute the players who are annoying.

That didn't seem to work, in my recent experience with the guy who spammed messages every seconds in the last five minutes of the game because he was throwing a sulk. That's more annoying than a bit of general saltiness.

• Cool 1

Players
13 posts
4,561 battles

Press ctrl,hover over the chat box and a little x will appear...click it and problem solved,no more chat for that round.Or ignore it...

• Cool 1

Players
901 posts
10,043 battles
2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

That didn't seem to work, in my recent experience with the guy who spammed messages every seconds in the last five minutes of the game because he was throwing a sulk. That's more annoying than a bit of general saltiness.

Mute should also cover the f keys. supposedly there is some technical reason why it doesn't but hopefully that will be the case at some point. 

Players
303 posts
3,401 battles

No don`t give us that, how else am I to taunt my enemies seconds before shameful torpedo impact? :Smile_trollface:

If someone is having a go at you yet you achieve so much better results then you should feel quite satisfied yes? Just think of it this way, the "REEEEEE" from another player is the necessary evil you must endure to achieve a higher level of smug satisfaction that you would not be able to acheive otherwise. 

9 hours ago, IrishAce said:

Then just contact him post match in pm`s and salt the wounds! :cap_haloween:

Players
55 posts
9 hours ago, IrishAce said:

I'm here to have fun with the game not to get abuse and belittled
the some people out there a very abusive to each other and to me
if the match is not going their way some people get very abusive
I was in the match and I was in a Midway CV
World of Tanks has the feature you can turn off the ingame chat
W.G. can you please give us the option to turn off the ingame chat.

Dude you are using a ship that only sabotages. No sir, you get no sympathy from me.

• Bad 2

Players
303 posts
3,401 battles
6 minutes ago, MrDenDen said:

Noobsplatter, you can troll ships using CV and the add insult to injury post battle, yes. But that'd make you a empathyless psycopath. Most CV players knows they are sabotaging the battle anyway. 

wtfmat.PNG.dc3c00c56467f196387fc7fba777b5f2.PNG

• Funny 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
7 minutes ago, MrDenDen said:

I have taken a look at your post, suggesting carrier players to insult/harrass deleted players. I have decided to report your post to administration.,

interesting, when a few minutes before you wrote this:

18 minutes ago, MrDenDen said:

soounds to me players are getting pretty sick of the CV players. And I agree 100% I hope you CV players all get chat abuse. You deserve it

oh glorious irony... :Smile_teethhappy: thanks for a laugh before going to bed mate :cap_like:

• Cool 3

Players
5,977 posts
11,546 battles
18 hours ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Can't you just ignore it? I don't mean "press some ignore button" I mean just ignore it.

I hope it was this guy's chat mod that was malfunctioning or something.

Spoiler

shot-19_04.08_03_27.47-0231.thumb.jpg.4a02550e83bd84e4dc76bd4d6f97a45b.jpg

Yes, this lasted throughout the entire match. In the end I muted the game and ended up being 2nd spot, with the spammer being top position. That was actually quite funny (the post battle results) but during a match this is not within my parameters of enjoyable :Smile-_tongue:

And perhaps you would be surprised to hear it, but for several different reasons it is actually quite reasonable to consider that not everyone actually can ignore everything.

• Cool 1

[77MM]
Players
410 posts
14,404 battles

If the chat gets salty, it's easy to ingore it, although you can miss out of some useful info. However as others have said it's the map pingers and F key spammers that grind my gears. Why the mute can't be extended to that as well,  i'll never know

• Cool 1

Players
3,329 posts

Sadly in game abuse is a thing and i also wonder if it is a deliberate tactic used to throw someone off their game, hard to ignore when you in full concentration mode and some wazzock spouts crap, as for the team game thing,i am sort of hesitant about ha description, as many times teams just do random stuff in random battles, you know your doing the right thing because you have been taught by the pro's, and then you still end up getting chased around the map by the reds, which is frustrating enough, without yelling from the chat.

It is my belief that you are only in a real team when you are divisioned up, and for that to work, voice communication is imperative.

• Cool 2

[AMOK]
Players
1,964 posts
8,614 battles
2 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

It is my belief that you are only in a real team when you are divisioned up, and for that to work, voice communication is imperative.

No aaaand no.

Maybe u can maximise coorporation but i wouldn't say voice communication is mandatory for divisioning.

And for the teamplay aspect...yeah its rare but if it happens map pings and f keys are extremely helpful. And which is also very rare is this mentioned spamming. I more often experienced that some players who have the defeat in sight just want to tell them hiding BBs, CV hunting DDs whatsoever that they are in a wrong spot of the map and not contributing anything. It is not as annoying as players "playing" for the loss.

• Cool 2

Players
3,329 posts
4 minutes ago, Donar79 said:

No aaaand no.

Maybe u can maximise coorporation but i wouldn't say voice communication is mandatory for divisioning.

And for the teamplay aspect...yeah its rare but if it happens map pings and f keys are extremely helpful. And which is also very rare is this mentioned spamming. I more often experienced that some players who have the defeat in sight just want to tell them hiding BBs, CV hunting DDs whatsoever that they are in a wrong spot of the map and not contributing anything. It is not as annoying as players "playing" for the loss.

Well lets agree to disagree, I cannot type while sailing in battle, so for me yes Voice communication is absolutely essential. as for players palying for the loss  don't even know what that is, I play for the win, and try in whatever battle to do what I can.

[AMOK]
Players
1,964 posts
8,614 battles
11 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Well lets agree to disagree, I cannot type while sailing in battle, so for me yes Voice communication is absolutely essential. as for players palying for the loss  don't even know what that is, I play for the win, and try in whatever battle to do what I can.

Playing for the loss? Really? U didn't recognise so far? ....the players who do the few wrong things from the get go? I am playin for the win (cause thats phun for me), some don't. Damn sometimes it feels like a race. The ones who know what they are doing against the rest of the team which is in a hurry to die.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
13 minutes ago, Donar79 said:

Playing for the loss? Really? U didn't recognise so far? ....the players who do the few wrong things from the get go? I am playin for the win (cause thats phun for me), some don't. Damn sometimes it feels like a race. The ones who know what they are doing against the rest of the team which is in a hurry to die.

This is exactly why I no longer fear the red team but the green team terrifies me.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
1 minute ago, NoobySkooby said:

Could be worse, lol you could find me on your team :)

There are far worse than you out there, mate.

Players
3,329 posts
Just now, xxNihilanxx said:

There are far worse than you out there, mate.

Ha ha, you can  never know how much of a relief for me to hear that, after all I am a the king of potatoes, :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

Players
3,329 posts
2 hours ago, Donar79 said:

So please forgive my ignorance, but can you explain what doing things wrong from the get go is, ie: lemmingtrains etc, I have seen games where from certain lemmingtrains the game has been clawed back, and in whose eyes are these players doing wrong, just out of interest, I mean we al have our ideas of what should be done, but a team of 15 random people, what could possibly go wrong?