Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
real_sytax

[ALL][TOOL][EN] Just A Tool - Multitool

16 comments in this topic

Modder
530 posts
9,047 battles

Hello there,

i am in a retraining as application developer. along to this retraining i have startet a small project to learn C#.

This tool is right now in Beta version 2  and provides at moment some statistics about players.

and a match monitor.

IMPORTANT:  in order to use the match monitor you need at first to configure the path to the wows .exe. 

click on the settings button. browse to the file, click on it and click ok in the file dialog. after that you see the path in the 

textbox. push return to save the setting. you get a green message when the path is correct.

Please add your playername in the settings

and very important: please click on the "update shipdatabase" button in the settings too. if you are not updating the database at least once

it could that the tool chrashes (working on that already) 

the reason i annonce at this early point is just because i need feedback from as many as possible players.

planned features for the future:

- a 3d viewer to have a good look at the ship models and maybe displaying the armor modell. 

this feature is not easy to add because the modding community has problems to get or convert proper 3d models.

but i will see what will happen in the future  ..... sorry, not possible to create because wg will not release low res 3d models of the ships in an format the modder community can work with .  (if someone can convert .primitives files to a commen 3d file format like .obj please contact me)         

- a statistik section that shows your daily goodies like XP, CR, wins, losses 

- already in work is a feature that i do not show at this moment. it will be mostly for clans. 

and of course i try to add features that are mentioned in your feedback.

you can download the tool at: http://just-a-tool.sytax.de/

just unzip and start the just_a_tool .exe (some security software will throw alerts) but if this thread goes public it is checked from WG and it is clean.

the alerts comes up because the tool is requesting information from the WG developer API and the heuristik of security software detects such code.

for support please answer here in this thread or write me an e-mail. it is also possible to  meet me at specific discord servers.

for now have fun with this little tool and i am awaiting your feedback and suggestions.

greetings 

sytax(Sven)

p.s.: please be patient if you search for a player. it takes several seconds to collect and display the data. the speed will be improved soon.

• Cool 3

Modder
530 posts
9,047 battles

Hello everyone,

just a short update on what is going on at the moment and a request for help.

At this time i am in the middle of recoding the whole tool that it is matching the mvvm pattern for developement in c#.

while i am recoding there will be some improvements done like a new layout and some performance improvements.

but since it is a local client and i have to request everythink from the WOWS developer API and there is no fast local database in the background the improvements

will not be in that matter i would have them. i will further work on that issue after the new codet tool is lauched.

Now i have request some help from you. i would like to color some statistic attributes like i do already for the winrate.

but i do not have the color ranges for other attributes. here is a list for what i need that ranges at moment (all is pure PVP data):

- Average Damage Overall 

- Average XP Overall

- Accuracy of the guns overall 

also i would like to implement a overall personal rating. if you have any idea how to calculate such a rating 

please be so kind and post it here in this thread so we all can diskuss about.

i do not want to use the formula from wows-numbers thats why i request here for help.

here is a screenshot from the start page of the recodet tool:

http://prntscr.com/o6vpzv

thx for your help

Modder
530 posts
9,047 battles

Hello everyone,

i have released the beta 2 version now. this version has major changes.

for installation see my entrance posing.

IMPORTANT: please go at  first to the settings page and configure your playername, the path to the wows exe file and most important,

update the shipdatabase (click on the button) at least once. if you are not updateting the database you might risk a program chrash.

i already working on that issue. should be fixed with the next update.

whats new:

- source code is completely rewritten in the way that it matches the modern MVVM pattern

- new layout

- huge speedup of the performance

- many, many, and i mean really many little bugfixes

- file size reduced

- got rid of the sql database because of buggy database engine.

well, you well see what is changed.

please be so kind and contact me (here oder via mail) if you face a bug or program chrash. please  descripe if possible exactly what you did before the chrash happened.

also please contact me for ideas of improfement or about new ideas what  i could add to the tool.

have fun playing  

sytax (Sven)

EDIT: it could be that the tool crashes if in the match monitor is a player  with a ship that  he plays the first time. already investigating that  and will be fixed in the next update

Modder
530 posts
9,047 battles

new version online

- fixed a bug where the program chrashed with using the match  monitor when ships are in the match that are new in the harbour of a player

if i dont face any other major bugs at moment the next update (planned in 2 days) will include a autoupdater for the tool

greetings 

EDIT : again a new build online. match monitor had several issues that  are now fixed.

if the game chrashes during the use of the match monitor it would be nice if you could send me the 

"tempArenaInfo.json" file that is locatet in the replays folder. this file is only there while you are in the match.

this file helps me alot to identify problems with the MM

thx

Modder
530 posts
9,047 battles

new version released.

this is a mandatory update because it adds the autoupdater for the tool.

the next upcoming updates will be installed automatically. makes the live for all better *g*

greetings

Modder
530 posts
9,047 battles

several maintenace updates today.

they are needed to get the tool properly running for steam user. 

at moment i am  not sure if  its working. would be nice if a steam player  could provide me the path to:

wordofwarships.exe

path  to replays folder an maybe subfolder of this 

and the path  to the preferences.xml 

thx.

Modder
530 posts
9,047 battles

new update 0.2.2.5

- match monitor should now work for steam player 

problem in the settings screen that no version numbers are displayed will be fixed soon. 

even if there is no version number to see after you clicked the update button for the ship database, it is updatet.

greetings

Modder
530 posts
9,047 battles

new update 0.2.2.6

- match monitor will now display the match data again when you left  that page during a game 

- fixed in the settings page the view of the versions

i know that there still problems with steam and using the match monitor. this has no high priority because it works fine if you dont use the steam installation.

greetings  

Modder
530 posts
9,047 battles

update to 0.2.2.7

- IFHE  calculator added. pretty self explained. have a look 

IMPORTANT: i had to reset the settings file. you need to configure your playername, path to wows folder again. updating ship database is

not really needed but to get the correct version numbers i recommend that you update this as well.

greetings 

Modder
530 posts
9,047 battles

update to 0.2.2.8

- updatet player statistic page. Div2 and Div 3 stats are now available

- in the upper left corner below the country flags is now to see how much player are online at the choosen region. this value is actual after 

start of the program. to update  the value you need to click at the region flag. 

- fixed the values for the winrate at the ships tab. it shows now the last (.xx) digits correct.

greetings 

Modder
530 posts
9,047 battles

update 0.2.2.9

- match monitor bugfix , fixed an issue that  causes a crash of the client when a testship was in  the match

greetings 

Beta Tester
1,495 posts
17,375 battles
Am 28.8.2019 um 16:27, real_sytax sagte:

update 0.2.2.9

- match monitor bugfix , fixed an issue that  causes a crash of the client when a testship was in  the match

greetings 

Hi there. Your tool sometimes just quits by itself. No message, no user action. It just disappears. This seems to happen during a match when I have the match monitor running. Windows10.

Modder
530 posts
9,047 battles
Am 19.10.2019 um 16:45, Donnerturm sagte:

Hi there. Your tool sometimes just quits by itself. No message, no user action. It just disappears. This seems to happen during a match when I have the match monitor running. Windows10.

Hello there,

if this is happen it would be a great help if you could send a specific file to me. its a temporary file and only exists only during the match is running.

you find the file in the "replay" folder and its name is "tempArenaInfo.json". this file is normaly hidden so you might change the folder settings to view hidden files.

just attach this file to a mail and send it to sytax@just-a-tool.sytax.de. it must be the file that is in this folder during the tool is chrashed. if you start a new match a new file is createt and does not contain the data i need to fix the bug.

many thx.

sytax(sven)

p.s.: at moment i am working on some code optimizing and also at two new features. it will take time to finish this so dont wonder about the long time with no update.

i try to make bugfixes at soon i get aware of a bug. so all that are using this tool please be so kind and report every bug you might see here or give me a note via e-mail.

sometimes i need additional info like in this case but if so i will ask for that.

• Cool 1

Modder
530 posts
9,047 battles

hello all,

just a short status of the project.

due to my retraining the next update will be not soon. i am still optimizing the code and preparing it for some new features.

this takes alot of time that i dont have at the moment to speed up the progress.

i am still collecting ideas what you want to have added to the tool. just ask and if its possible to realize it will be added. 

have all a nice and peaceful x-mas and a good start into the new year.

sytax (Sven) 

Modder
530 posts
9,047 battles

hello all,

well, how to begin ..... my retraining to a software developer has stopped because of corona. right now they try to restart this after the 19.04.

what does this mean for this project ? 

well, some of you might think i have now more free time to work on it ... but i dont have.

there are so much lil things i have to do now with gouverment because of this stop.

in fact, the project will not be stopped but it will have more delay.

i keep you all updatet if i have news to report. 

one more thing from me to you, please follow the rules that the goverment and law are placing to slow down that shitty virus.

if we all do our small thing we have the chance to go throught this with not an heavy impact.

greetings 

Sven 

Sign in to follow this