You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kapnobathrac

audacious is fun

30 comments in this topic

Players
388 posts

no it isnt

regardless if you are in implacable or audacious,planes get destroyed quickly

most of the times the speed boost doesnt work when you recharge your boost which means you die

carpet bombing sucks

rocketsplanes are the laughing stock of the internet

also something is wrong with the AA system in tier X. Not only that but some ships have such a defense system that it makes you think your planes drop nukes and they quickly have to fend off the planes to survive when in fact they hit like a tier 8 cruiser

• Boring 2

Players
228 posts
4,669 battles

imo i have to admit, rockets on  implacable are absolutely trash - even on dds u'll chip them for like 1k if ur lucky. 

carpet bombing seems meh - alright i suppose. nothing special, i'd still rather have midway bombs tbh. they could use a pen adjustment sure, fires. but low alpha. 

torps are alright i suppose. again nothing special. entire thing feels bland to me. 

but yes, the boost is dodgy as hell, and the animation time on carpet bombing is aids! being stuck in a single direction for 7 seconds after a drop = bye bye squad.

Beta Tester
3,371 posts
6,485 battles
2 hours ago, Yedwy said:

7k matches and mostly played by ppl who know what they are doing... post rework haku and midway had 150k avg dmg nad only one of the two got hard nerfs... now they sit at 81k and 75k avg dmg...

Audacious is a chore to play. The Tb are very good. Not damagewise or because of good spee. no they are [edited]easy to aim. You can fully aim in and then you proceed to aim at your target. Not losing any spread while manouvering is like the wet dream of any Haku player and the least needed to make Midway TB useable. 

Her Rokets are really good on CL, DD and T8 CV. Everything else... well 30rokets with 20% firechance will almost certainly start a fire.

The carpedbombing is stupid. First it is not historical for a reason, the same reason we see ingame. Bombs lack penetration when not dropped from high up (Tall bBoy comes to mid) and they are hard to aim. The fact that we have to wait 7s untill we get any meaningful control over our planes is just stupid. imagine not being forced to follow your Shells after everyshot you take, untill they hit your target. Harugumo would certainly be the worst DD to ever exist in the game.

Also there seems to be a number of bugs in the current version. Bombs drop slower on all carriers than before, midway DB are capped at 140kn when diving (previous was 189kn and basespeed is 145kn or so) which seriously nerfs the survivability and general capabilities of the Db (Not that they do not deserve a nerf but nerfing them without telling is just unacceptable. So lets call it a bug.)

Also planes tend to get stuck in midair. Sometimes they despawn and you get your planes back but sometimes they just stay in the air (hitable by AA) and are lost, as there is now way to recover them.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,898 posts
19,720 battles

Audacious has the most durable and fastest strike planes of her tier.

If you fail to retain planes with Audacious you will fail even harder with any other T10 CV. Git gud.

Players
388 posts
17 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

If you fail to retain planes with Audacious you will fail even harder with any other T10 CV. Git gud.

Beached benson inside my bomb reticle all bombs land around him. And retain planes to do what ? miss ?

and is it normal for your planes to be locked when leaving the aircraft ? Enemy DD a few KMs away and i end up passing by him when i wanted to defend the aircraft due to the aiming reticle not loading untill i was on top of him

Players
10,027 posts
11,823 battles
18 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Umm, Hakuryu would have a word with you.

Also durability is countered by plane amount (base values)

TB:

Autistic: 9x2400=21600hp, 199kts top speed

Hakuku: 12*1810=21720hp, 203kts top speed

DB:

9x2440=21960hp, 199kts top speed

12*1800=21600hp, 212kts top speed

12 sized squad usually can soak up single Catapult (4 fighters, 5 with DCfF) without too much impact on strike potential, 9x not so much while CAP goes from "lethal" to "very lethal"

Come to think of it, Direction Center for Fighters might be quite meta due to fighters effectiveness:Smile_trollface:

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,898 posts
19,720 battles
1 hour ago, kapnobathrac said:

Beached benson inside my bomb reticle all bombs land around him. And retain planes to do what ? miss ?

Bombs are not your weapon of choice against DDs in an Audacious.

1 hour ago, kapnobathrac said:

and is it normal for your planes to be locked when leaving the aircraft ?

Yes.

43 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Also durability is countered by plane amount (base values)

True up to a certain point. Past that however higher individual plane durability is more valuable.

Also we don't talk about Haku. That CV no longer exists. :Smile_trollface:

Players
10,027 posts
11,823 battles
8 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Bombs are not your weapon of choice against DDs in an Audacious.

Yes.

True up to a certain point. Past that however higher individual plane durability is more valuable.

Also we don't talk about Haku. That CV no longer exists. :Smile_trollface:

Funny, because mine is still in port:cap_yes: though somehow I had more blast in Shokek, I guess every cruiser shipping itself with DFAA on mere hint of [T10 CV] have something to do with that.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,898 posts
19,720 battles
12 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Funny, because mine is still in port

Shhhhhhhh.

It's all good now.

Let her rest in peace.

(Or come to the Chinese server to revive her lol)

• Cool 1

Players
853 posts
907 battles
46 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Please send me a message, El2aZeR, about how to get to the Chinese Server because I want to play the RTS style of CV (even if it means grinding them again). I want my 'Ho' back, lol. Problem I saw was a warning about a potential virus when I went to download. Have you experienced that?

Players
10,027 posts
11,823 battles
12 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Shhhhhhhh.

It's all good now.

Let her rest in peace.

but-why.gif

I've got

giphy.gif

more often than I'm comfortable with managing 6 squads of Midway and Hiryu and you want me to handle eight squads?

giphy.gif

Players
853 posts
907 battles

6 minutes ago, Panocek said:

I'm comfortable with managing 6 squads of Midway and Hiryu and you want me to handle eight squads?

I had no problem with 7 squads on a Taiho & the Taiho itself, Panocek (that's eight).

Eight might be getting close to the limit but not insurmountable for those with any kind of intelligence.

Players
853 posts
907 battles
27 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

It's all good now.

Oh no it's not (lol).

41 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Funny, because mine is still in port:cap_yes: though somehow I had more blast in Shokek, I guess every cruiser shipping itself with DFAA on mere hint of [T10 CV] have something to do with that.

To every action there will be an opposite and equal reaction.  The chemistry (or is that the lack of it?) experiment in the Mad Scientists Lab :cap_haloween:is continuing.

Players
10,027 posts
11,823 battles
3 minutes ago, antean said:

I had no problem with 7 squads on a Taiho & the Taiho itself, Panocek (that's eight).

Eight might be getting close to the limit but not insurmountable for those with any kind of intelligence.

I'm not saying its not possible, but (hightier) RTS CV was to me like radiation, better applied in small doses. On other hand, the most fun I've ever had with RTS carriers was 0/1/3 Lexi and shortly before rework, Hiryu (when I got no confuse spells on me)

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,898 posts
19,720 battles
11 minutes ago, antean said:

Please send me a message

Spoiler

Players
853 posts
907 battles
12 minutes ago, Panocek said:

but-why.gif

I've got

giphy.gif

more often than I'm comfortable with managing 6 squads of Midway and Hiryu and you want me to handle eight squads?

giphy.gif

Players
440 posts
5,436 battles

I played four games in my Implacable today and, miracle of miracles, I only got Tier 10 once.

Changes the whole game not getting constantly slaughtered by AA cruisers.

Might get to Audacious yet!

Players
228 posts
4,669 battles
20 minutes ago, gustywinds said:

I played four games in my Implacable today and, miracle of miracles, I only got Tier 10 once.

Changes the whole game not getting constantly slaughtered by AA cruisers.

Might get to Audacious yet!

just got audacious. first impressions, same thing +1 torp. bombs no different, rockets no different. maybe slightly more fires but ayo, they get damage conned and its rare u get a second strike in sooo....more hp planes is pretty much all iv noticed so far.

• Cool 1

Players
55 posts
12 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

no it isnt

most of the times the speed boost doesnt work when you recharge your boost which means you die

carpet bombing sucks

also something is wrong with the AA system in tier X. Not only that but some ships have such a defense system that it makes you think your planes drop nukes and they quickly have to fend off the planes to survive when in fact they hit like a tier 8 cruiser

solution: 

DONT PLAY CV

Players
228 posts
4,669 battles
58 minutes ago, MrDenDen said:

solution: 

DONT PLAY CV

funny, i say the same thing to DDs moaning about [edited], go figure. 

Players
3,291 posts
13 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

no it isnt

carpet bombing sucks

This is most distressing news as I am not for off finishing the grind for the Audacious, and it will be stock at that, I seriously need the HMS Indomitable as I am beginning to like CV play, so in effect Audacious is a tier 8 CV at tier 10, further proof that WG don't like stronk Brit ships, hmm.