Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
gustywinds

Queen Elizabeth - any point having as well as Warspite?

63 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
2,423 posts
3,282 battles
5 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

Both ships are pretty much the same really. Both have decent secondary for their tier level, both have that slow turret transverse. There is really not much to pick between the two ships, except one is a premium earner in the Warsprite. Both ships are too similar though to play alongside one another, plus I'd say Warsprite is slightly better than QE and earns the much better credits.

 

So it's a no brainer...

Actually the Warspite's turrets take a full 20 seconds less time to turn 180 degrees. This is quite significant, and makes it even more of a no brainer.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VS-UK]
Players
43 posts
4,533 battles

I enjoyed warspite's whole 'turn the ship to aim the guns' thing of old...

 

But here's a thing - I enjoyed DoY a lot but had no end of difficulties with the KGV... The functionally better ship. Confirmation bias but go figure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,417 posts
7,877 battles
On 4/12/2019 at 10:02 PM, BLUB__BLUB said:

QE works pretty good with the same captain as Hood. Not so well with same captain as KGV or Monarch or up.

That's another reason for me to keep QE... I guess I like the same things in QE as I like in Hood. 

This is actually a good reason indeed, as it's kinda pointless to keep specialised captains for premium ships without having them trained for any tech tree ship. I do this all the time.

 

My Wooster cap is also my Atlanta cap and used to be my Cleveland, Texas and Missouri captain as well, but those now use my Iowa cap except Cleveland which now has to make due with a spare cap.

Yamato/Musashi/Mutsu share a cap, but perhaps Mutsu and Amagi will share a captain in the future as those may have better synergy.

JB and Richelieu are really deserving of having a unified cap. Bismarck and Scharnhorst share a cap.

I use my Conqueror cap on DoY and Nelson after I had put my old Lion cap (the Nelson anime chick) on a carrier.

 

I like to mix and match with caps :cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,894 posts
6,044 battles
37 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

This is actually a good reason indeed, as it's kinda pointless to keep specialised captains for premium ships without having them trained for any tech tree ship. I do this all the time.

 

My Wooster cap is also my Atlanta cap and used to be my Cleveland, Texas and Missouri captain as well, but those now use my Iowa cap except Cleveland which now has to make due with a spare cap.

Yamato/Musashi/Mutsu share a cap, but perhaps Mutsu and Amagi will share a captain in the future as those may have better synergy.

JB and Richelieu are really deserving of having a unified cap. Bismarck and Scharnhorst share a cap.

I use my Conqueror cap on DoY and Nelson after I had put my old Lion cap (the Nelson anime chick) on a carrier.

 

I like to mix and match with caps :cap_book:

Apart from retraining restrictions, what's there different to run on RN BBs or IJN BBs from T3 to T10?

 

In @BLUB__BLUB's case I know it's because he runs IFHE on his KGV (despite it being mostly a waste, but he won't accept that). But if you just use a normal tank build captain, like most people, that fits pretty much perfectly on all these ships. Funnily enough, while BLUB__BLUB seems to run same captain on QE and Hood, Hood is the sole RN BB captain I have that uses a different captain in my port, as I use her with AL Hood captain (all my other RN BBs are helmed by Nelsons), who's main specialisation is Minotaur. Mostly due to Hood not needing EM really to work and the captain being AA spec, which is nice on both ships. Still would recommend tank build on Hood for best results though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,417 posts
7,877 battles
4 minutes ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Apart from retraining restrictions, what's there different to run on RN BBs or IJN BBs from T3 to T10?

 

In @BLUB__BLUB's case I know it's because he runs IFHE on his KGV (despite it being mostly a waste, but he won't accept that). But if you just use a normal tank build captain, like most people, that fits pretty much perfectly on all these ships. Funnily enough, while BLUB__BLUB seems to run same captain on QE and Hood, Hood is the sole RN BB captain I have that uses a different captain in my port, as I use her with AL Hood captain (all my other RN BBs are helmed by Nelsons), who's main specialisation is Minotaur. Mostly due to Hood not needing EM really to work and the captain being AA spec, which is nice on both ships. Still would recommend tank build on Hood for best results though.

If your tech tree ship has a permacamo (and my QE does, the one from christmas 2017), then it's very similar to a premium ship.

The major differences are then kinda circumstantial. Tech tree ships are more likely to receive nerfs and are less likely to be included for special mission shortcuts (like the last mission in the usual directives). Also premium ships make more credits even if you have the permacamo for a similar tech tree ship.

 

I'm not really sure what you mean with specifically RN BBs and IJN BBs. I played both lines through completely and both are fun, yet very different lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,894 posts
6,044 battles
1 minute ago, NothingButTheRain said:

If your tech tree ship has a permacamo (and my QE does, the one from christmas 2017), then it's very similar to a premium ship.

The major differences are then kinda circumstantial. Tech tree ships are more likely to receive nerfs and are less likely to be included for special mission shortcuts (like the last mission in the usual directives). Also premium ships make more credits even if you have the permacamo for a similar tech tree ship.

 

I'm not really sure what you mean with specifically RN BBs and IJN BBs. I played both lines through completely and both are fun, yet very different lines.

Nothing of that adresses why you'd run a different captain build on any T3 to 10 RN BB, premium or tech tree-wise, except for speccing into utter niche builds. And that's not a matter of permacamo, premium status or god knows what. It's a matter of ship characteristics. and for example Warspite vs QE is basically the exact same build, unless you want to spec into AA/secondaries, in which case, that's basically what I refer to as niche build. Not that either is terribly effective anyway.

 

Similarly, you don't seem to grasp that while ships are different in playstyle, what I refer to is captain builds. In that case, IJN and RN are almost the same, with the only exception being people running Dunkirk at RN T9/10 to get the improved JoAT to reduce the CD on repair party. But that's the basic extent to which you'd spec them differently while still trying to make relevant builds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
176 posts
21,073 battles

I manly play PvE or operations and QE has the record in damage 196989 at all tiers in coop games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,812 posts
3,139 battles
8 hours ago, Cagliostro_chan said:

Apart from retraining restrictions, what's there different to run on RN BBs or IJN BBs from T3 to T10?

 

In @BLUB__BLUB's case I know it's because he runs IFHE on his KGV (despite it being mostly a waste, but he won't accept that). But if you just use a normal tank build captain, like most people, that fits pretty much perfectly on all these ships. Funnily enough, while BLUB__BLUB seems to run same captain on QE and Hood, Hood is the sole RN BB captain I have that uses a different captain in my port, as I use her with AL Hood captain (all my other RN BBs are helmed by Nelsons), who's main specialisation is Minotaur. Mostly due to Hood not needing EM really to work and the captain being AA spec, which is nice on both ships. Still would recommend tank build on Hood for best results though.

Yeah IFHE does help, IMO. Even then it made the POS no champion. 

But I have sold that POS called KGV a long time ago and since respecced the captain.

 

4 hours ago, Tordenskjold23 said:

I manly play PvE or operations and QE has the record in damage 196989 at all tiers in coop games

Yes me too, I wonder if I'll keep her after getting Warspite though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BABBY]
Players
355 posts
7,610 battles
4 hours ago, Tordenskjold23 said:

I manly play PvE or operations and QE has the record in damage 196989 at all tiers in coop games

It is very hard to outdamage CLs in operations (except maybe Scharn/Lyon in Narai), in co-op it is possible only when a game has alot of bbs and few torpedoes in it. I enjoyed my QE but Warspite just feels like a better overall package with all her quirks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
965 posts
9,785 battles

For those that have good results in your Warspite and QE, what modules are you using? How is your captain trained as?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,894 posts
6,044 battles
2 hours ago, Akula971 said:

For those that have good results in your Warspite and QE, what modules are you using? How is your captain trained as?

Normal tank build, Main armaments Mod 1, Damecon 1, Aiming Systems Mod 1, Damecon 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
2,339 posts
9,629 battles
5 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Yeah IFHE does help, IMO.

Against what armour? I only found the deck of Hakuryu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,812 posts
3,139 battles
1 hour ago, B0Tato said:

Against what armour? I only found the deck of Hakuryu.

It's not just armour, or whatever. I have done the math, it should not matter much (if any).

However - it did. I got next to NO shatters, and even  MORE fire. I don't know why.

I put IFHE there as sort of an experiment, because I really hated the pen on the ship.

I mean, any BB ca pen you, but you cannot pen e any of them. They just bowtank you.

 

The result was - before IFHE, I got one fire every two salvoes, after IFHE I got 1 or 2 every salvo.

Plus almost EVERY IFHE-shell was a pen. I can only think, maybe the fire chance on pens is better than on shatters.

WG is saying fire chance is the same, but well... glad I am rid of King Grog the Filth though. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×