Jump to content
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Developer Bulletin 0.8.3

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-CIA-]
Players
168 posts
17,154 battles

ok here is the thing, we want the flags profiles/presets, pls just dew it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR-S]
Players
400 posts
19,383 battles

It has been a while since i participated in PTS... where can i download the client again?  :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
37 posts
3,005 battles
1 minute ago, drmajga said:

It has been a while since i participated in PTS... where can i download the client again?  :3

Welcome back to PTS. 

Check out the PT article here for instructions (just below the rewards): https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/public-test-083/ 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,858 posts
10,066 battles

Question about the clan treasury as the wording is a bit open to interpretation:

 

  • Will players still get individually rewarded with things like Steel, Coal and Doubloons or is everything earned by anyone playing for the clan just get dumped into the treasury and would then have to be manually divvied up by clan command to individual players?
  • Or will future events add additional clan rewards that will be poured into the treasury that clan command can give to reward their players or help along players in need of a little currency loan? In addition to individual rewards players get for winning clan battles/ranked.

 

If the former, you sure about that? That's just extra work for clan command to keep track and manually reward players who've participated in earning those currencies. And the worst of it, could be exploited by malicious individuals with sufficient clan ranking (not doomsaying anything here, but the simple fact it sounds like ready for exploitation is already enough to make me highly sceptical).

 

If the latter, that'd be a neat extra if Steel/Coal/Doubloon rewards would de facto increase.

 

I'd hope the treasury would in due time also enable clanmembers sharing other ressources amongst themselves, like credits and even free and elite commander XP to help out one another if anyone's lacking and someone else got it in abundance.

 

 

Tagging @MrConway, @Sehales, @Crysantos for clarification.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-CIA-]
Players
168 posts
17,154 battles

WG said they will never let players trade stuff because it's easily exploitable, I reckon this is extra stuff to encourage players to play participate in clans more :cap_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,097 posts
7,622 battles
Quote

Now, by pressing the ESC key, you can close all tabs at once and get to the Port.

 

Nice, been "missing" this since I started the game :Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
94 posts
1,102 battles

So you've updated the Yamato to look even better, but what about her sister ship, the Musashi? Will she be getting the same treatment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,097 posts
7,622 battles
11 minutes ago, Otowi said:

So you've updated the Yamato to look even better, but what about her sister ship, the Musashi? Will she be getting the same treatment?

 

Musashi is a lot newer model than Yamato currently, so I'd say it'll take years for them to have any need to update Musashi's model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WOWS]
Players
229 posts
12,562 battles

To treasury: We need more ranks in the clans, since the recruits can start clan battles what is really two seperated roles... All function should be seperated, and individually adressable to individual clan members!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
493 posts
8,188 battles

Clan Treasury? Who asked for this?

 

Fix clan ranks and the ingame interface and stuff like that first instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SP4WN]
[SP4WN]
Beta Tester
22 posts

When will you finally add the option to turn off the  emblems and patches? It's been over a year now, and i still get that crap slapped all over my screen if I get sunk. It cannot be that difficult...

Edited by HarmlessTed
clarity
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5 posts
2,550 battles

Curious why they chose DX10.1 instead of DX11.x...

 

3 hours ago, Aotearas said:

I'd hope the treasury would in due time also enable clanmembers sharing other ressources amongst themselves, like credits and even free and elite commander XP to help out one another if anyone's lacking and someone else got it in abundance.

Yeah, was actually thinking about this recently. We have one person in our clan who was sitting on 80 million credits, i thought a "clan bank" would be cool. Anyway, looking forward to clarification on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
962 posts
3,070 battles
14 minutes ago, Ninjitsu_is_SK said:

Curious why they chose DX10.1 instead of DX11.x...

 

Yeah, was actually thinking about this recently. We have one person in our clan who was sitting on 80 million credits, i thought a "clan bank" would be cool. Anyway, looking forward to clarification on this.

80 million credits... Yeah that poor guy could really could use a donation

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
614 posts
4 hours ago, Otowi said:

So you've updated the Yamato to look even better, but what about her sister ship, the Musashi? Will she be getting the same treatment?

 

HIJMS Yamato looks smashing (but still flies the *coughs* incorrect flag).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5 posts
2,550 battles
1 hour ago, thiextar said:

80 million credits... Yeah that poor guy could really could use a donation

Lol. but i meant, so he can donate to us :P

 

22 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

HIJMS Yamato looks smashing (but still flies the *coughs* incorrect flag).

Yeah even the imperial German flags need to be added, imo. Not sure if there are others need to be corrected too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[_CSR_]
Players
27 posts
3,905 battles

The competition seems more capitalist than socialist, socialist would be all working towards goal not competing to get something while depriving other side of something.

 

Also seems like it will a repeat of the shark vs eagles (only heard about it - but was referenced also in the vid) - the % inc in points is probably not really intereting compared to extra rewards so everyone who can will flock wining faction and who can't gets screwed by rng/system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HDMS]
[HDMS]
Players
14 posts

Still no possibility to hide clan war, arp and dragon ships in ship carousel. I had sacked all those useless programmers if i was BOSS   :cap_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
614 posts
9 minutes ago, radiofyr said:

Still no possibility to hide clan war, arp and dragon ships in ship carousel. I had sacked all those useless programmers if i was BOSS   :cap_cool:

 

Well, would setting every other ship as your 'Primary' ship and then applying that filter do the trick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HDMS]
[HDMS]
Players
14 posts

 

16 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Well, would setting every other ship as your 'Primary' ship and then applying that filter do the trick?

 

I don't want to see ships i don't use - clan battel, submarines for what ever, space ships and so on. Using carousel filters will still show the ships toned down so i have to push carousel from side to side to see my own ships.

The function have been there before, until we had the posibility to sell arp ships, after that wg claim their programmers says it cant be done. I had send them to gulag and found some that could make it work, like before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,422 posts
11,318 battles

EE2D7901CBA0114CF1E9010205E8E36216D6DDEF

 

Or maybe actually not quite ok?

@MrConway, @Tuccy, @Sub_Octavian

Is it really inevitable for the event to be designed so that there's no option where you wouldn't be explicitly praising stalinist regime?

 

I can sort of understand that this game - while not even as much as showing historical emblems of Hitler's Germany and Imperial Japan - has no qualms about being extremely friendly to the other criminal dictatorship of the WW2 period, but making the players choose between Soviet Honor as "fighters of justice" and Soviet Glory is a level of propaganda that really borderline makes you puke, especially when you're from middle Europe that has suffered a lot under Soviet aggression, experiencing Soviet "glory" and "honor" first-hand - although less so in naval context, admittedly.

 

I get the somewhat tongue-in cheek tone of this all. I get that it's all references to actual propaganda. But being THIS blatant about it, to the point of explicitly praising Soviet Union in BOTH team choices, feels like spitting in the face of, say, Polish players. Not to mention that it might actually be literally illegal when you go this far. I mean, I don't claim that it's definitely illegal - in fact I'm pretty sure that in court you would be ultimately victorious, claiming lack of intent to actually glorify and propagate the system, invoking freedom of expression and basically building your defense "it's just a game event referring to soviet propaganda rather than actual soviet propaganda" - but "defensible in court" sounds like a pretty... minimalist requirement from the game content...

 

If complaints about the "two Chinas" were enough to rid us not only of the unfortunate mentions of China and Taiwan but also of historical flags on PA ships (at least as the default) then perhaps we could at the very least get a slight re-wording of the team "recruitment" messages - to NOT force players to choose between explicitly praising Soviet Union and... explicitly praising Soviet Union through the team choice?

 

I know it's a minor thing, but this element leaves a really, REALLY bad aftertaste, outright spoiling the event for at least some players. It's one thing to see some mentions of "great motherland" here and there and to joke about stalinium shells guided by the hand of Stalin - and another to pick between "joining the team of fearless fighters of justice" that "has great respect to the traditions of the Soviet Navy" and joining the other team "in the name of decent deeds and honest name of Soviet seamen". This just doesn't really sit right with me, having lost at least one notable family member by means of a shot to the back of his head in a PoW camp, all courtesy to the "honest" and "decent" "fighters of justice" of Soviet Union :Smile_sceptic:

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,102 posts
31,451 battles

Regarding the white permanent camos, Aren't these camos supposed to be for the RU BB, Vladivostok, Soyuz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LIEGE]
Players
3 posts

guys i need a small help i downloaded the pts and also installed it i already created the account for pts and i was unable to enter into the game  it is saying server error and also showing like thisin the game center as shown below in the image please help me

Screenshot (162).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-UK_]
Players
4 posts
6,922 battles

would just like to say thank you for all the hard work you guys/girls do keep it coming good job :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,752 posts
1,143 battles
19 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Question about the clan treasury as the wording is a bit open to interpretation:

 

  • Will players still get individually rewarded with things like Steel, Coal and Doubloons or is everything earned by anyone playing for the clan just get dumped into the treasury and would then have to be manually divvied up by clan command to individual players?
  • Or will future events add additional clan rewards that will be poured into the treasury that clan command can give to reward their players or help along players in need of a little currency loan? In addition to individual rewards players get for winning clan battles/ranked.

 

If the former, you sure about that? That's just extra work for clan command to keep track and manually reward players who've participated in earning those currencies. And the worst of it, could be exploited by malicious individuals with sufficient clan ranking (not doomsaying anything here, but the simple fact it sounds like ready for exploitation is already enough to make me highly sceptical).

 

If the latter, that'd be a neat extra if Steel/Coal/Doubloon rewards would de facto increase.

 

I'd hope the treasury would in due time also enable clanmembers sharing other ressources amongst themselves, like credits and even free and elite commander XP to help out one another if anyone's lacking and someone else got it in abundance.

 

 

Tagging @MrConway, @Sehales, @Crysantos for clarification.

The clan commander will be able to distribute rewards (you can see parts of the UI on the related screenshots in the article).

 

Personal rewards like steel for missions will be received by players directly as it used to be the case. Additional ressources for the treasury will be issued for good clan performance in global rating and, later, probably, for other activities.

We can also use it for any other activities like custom community driven tournaments where we provide the prize-pool.

 

As for the exploitation part, while I understand that there is a risk/possibility, you should rather reconsider your choice of clan-membership if you do not trust in your clan's leadership.

So it basically boils down to:

  • Make sure you are in a clan with a trustworthy commander
  • Don't share account details (especially as commander)
  • Use 2FA to secure your accounts (especially as commander)

As some players compared it to WoT, while there were some issues, I wouldn't worry too much about it, as it was pretty rare. We can also look into features to prevent or restrict it, but as written in the clan rules, we do not deal with clan-internal issues, unless there are any rule-violations.

 

17 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Clan Treasury? Who asked for this?

 

Fix clan ranks and the ingame interface and stuff like that first instead.

What is broken with clan ranks? I am not aware of any bugs. Please report them to our support team if you find any.

The interface is gradually receiving improvements and is one of the pain points we continue to work on. We also have different teams working on different projects in parallel. It takes time and there won't be a single big improvement, but there are many smaller improvements to come, which will add up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×