You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
invicta2012

More Premiums!

99 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
950 posts
5,065 battles

I'm still waiting for the JKM Dubrovnik..... @Wg pls Yugoslavia k tnx bye.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,114 posts
27,389 battles

Tromp is way smaller with a hitpool of maybe 18-20000 , she is very compact and lightly armoured. Think of ships like D-T and Phoenix at T4, Yes I would say she can be balanced for T4 with ease, there are other Dutch ships more suited to T5 and T6.

[HAMAR]
Players
131 posts
11 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Sorry, but no f... way.

They got lucky back then

With the old RTS model I would not mind. Then again the swordfishes would not have a chance against real proper fighters. Perhaps would be like the graf zeppelin planes when it came out, only worse.

And Bismarck would appreciate to avenge itself against those little buggers. If they could distinguish Bismarck from their own ships...eh, eh, eh eh.

By the way.

Talking of premiums

when the new t4 german BB will came out?

It has already come out. The name of the ship is Prinz Eitel Friedrich . But Wargaming made some mistake and put the ship in T6

• Funny 4

Players
1,807 posts
245 battles
13 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

top five?

5. Dido

4. Dido

3. Dido

2. Dido

1. ditto Didoooooooooo

i read that with a l between the i and d xD

• Funny 1

[TSCC]
Players
1,600 posts
18,835 battles
43 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Tromp is way smaller with a hitpool of maybe 18-20000 , she is very compact and lightly armoured. Think of ships like D-T and Phoenix at T4, Yes I would say she can be balanced for T4 with ease, there are other Dutch ships more suited to T5 and T6.

Tromp belongs to T4 as much as VU u T5. At T4 she would be a sealcluber. As cruiser Tromp should be a T5, a very gimmicky T5. Other option is high tier DD, T8 or T9. I personally would prefer T9 premium DD.

[L4GG]
Players
1,719 posts
6,705 battles
2 hours ago, GudmundurG said:

It has already come out. The name of the ship is Prinz Eitel Friedrich . But Wargaming made some mistake and put the ship in T6

Yeah, the only german BB that  have to run away from the enemy.

But i'm asking about Viribus Unitis.

Any news ?

[TSCC]
Players
1,600 posts
18,835 battles
14 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

when the new t4 german BB will came out?

10 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

But i'm asking about Viribus Unitis.

VU is not a German BB. It is currently in the German tree only for testing but it would be released as under Pan European flag.

Any news ?

When was the last time that WG announced release of the ship before it was actually released? No news and doubt there will be any before release, unless WG intended to give as a reward for some event but even then it would probably be announced at the last moment.

[SINT]
Players
324 posts
14,759 battles

*The Seydlitz as originaly planned as a light cruiser version of the Hipper class. The 133% firepower (4x 3 150 mm 6 sec reload guns) of A Nurnberg mounted on the Hipper hull as a german tier VIII. (Instead we get a French uptiered Lagasoline)

* The Leipzig / Emden , both are missing. (Athough Leipzig is kind of the 1.0 version of the Nurnberg)

* Project 1047 as the Dutch Cruiser killer. Since WG floods us with  supercruisers why don’t we add one more.

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,719 posts
6,705 battles
2 minutes ago, fumtu said:

VU is not a German BB. It is currently in the German tree only for testing but it would be released as under Pan European flag.

When was the last time that WG announced release of the ship before it was actually released? No news and doubt there will be any before release, unless WG intended to give as a reward for some event but even then it would probably be announced at the last moment.

Maybe i'm confused but i saw a bunch of WIP's , first impressions and first looks , months ago.

Players
2,458 posts
15,503 battles
2 hours ago, Gnirf said:

Duguay Trouin is massive 20s cruiser with a 13km surface detection.

It might only have 22-23k HP pool fully loaded but you'll also have a sub 8km surface detection and crazy manoeuvrability. Add modern 150mm Bofors and torpedoes and there's no way you'd want a ship like that at tier 4.

Trying to lump modern ships into low tier WW1 MM is always a disaster. Java is WAY more suited to tier 4 with old single mount 150mm Bofors (5 gun broadside if your feeling brave) and no torpedoes.

Tromp would probably spank De Ruyter in WOWS too (similar guns, no torpedoes)

[TSCC]
Players
1,600 posts
18,835 battles
1 minute ago, Butterdoll said:

Maybe i'm confused but i saw a bunch of WIP's , first impressions and first looks , months ago.

It is still WiP. CCs don't have any info on how or when it would be released. Sometimes it take just couple of months to release a premium, sometimes almost a year. Just look at Alaska. It was announced almost a year before it was released and even then we learn about release date only when it was posted in Patch notes. Don't expect any news about release date as nobody could tell you then except WG. People are constantly asking Flamu about release of this and that ship, and answer is always the same, don't know and even if he knew he can't tell because of NDA.

Players
3,022 posts
3,409 battles
17 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Sorry, but no f... way.

They got lucky back then

With the old RTS model I would not mind. Then again the swordfishes would not have a chance against real proper fighters. Perhaps would be like the graf zeppelin planes when it came out, only worse.

And Bismarck would appreciate to avenge itself against those little buggers. If they could distinguish Bismarck from their own ships...eh, eh, eh eh.

Ah well, it is an ARCADE game so some stuff might be 'tricked' to make them perform as needed.

How about 70% dispersion from AA guns on Swordfish torpedo bombers...

...after all Bismarcks guns were missing them because they were so bloody slow. 

As it is now, no planes will survive fighters anyway. Run into them, and you are toast. 

Swordfishes are as bad at avoiding them as their captain is, it's not like the planted fighter patrol follows you.

Instead of death in 5 secs might be death in 1 sec. And Ark Royal could have other type bombers/rocket planes. 

But.... SWORDFISH torpedo bombers need to be. LOTS of them, too. Maybe at T6  3-3-3, or even more.

Keep the T4 torpedoes, maybe with a little more speed, but instead of giving more damage just give more torps.

Could even make 4-4-4, and make 25% of torps being duds. :Smile_trollface:

[IRON7]
Players
853 posts
739 battles

The question is, "Will Invicta 2012 get more SCs for starting this thread?" LOL.

Players
3,091 posts
14,053 battles
19 hours ago, Verblonde said:

I'm still hoping for a Dido of some description...

I read that post rather quickly . . . . . . .  and had quite a shock until I went back and re-read it.:Smile_unsure:

• Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,009 posts
7,202 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

I read that post rather quickly . . . . . . .  and had quite a shock until I went back and re-read it.:Smile_unsure:

Being sweet, naive + impressionable, I have no idea what you mean...

• Cool 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
751 posts
4,382 battles
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

You're welcome 

• Funny 2

Players
3,091 posts
14,053 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

Of course I understand that you wanted a Dido to match your Aeneas!:Smile_trollface:

(Obviously a fan of the opera by Purcell)

• Funny 1

Players
1,553 posts
8,442 battles
20 hours ago, fumtu said:

HMS Tiger - What we need is T7 RN BB. We don't have enough T7 RN BBs.

:cap_wander: I think we have all the TVII RN BBs we need. Unless they can think of something fun to do with Renown. 

Conte Di Cavour - This should be a silver one. Wasting both sister on premium ships is pointless when we need a BB for a regular line.

There were three Conti Di Cavours, and I would think about Andrea Doria as the VI, but I guess we don't want to start the whole GC thing up again. I will let this one drop! 

Tromp - Already balanced? I don't think so. She is too small for cruiser and too big for mid tier DD. Maybe T9 premium Dutch DD, she could hardly fit at T6.

I will let Creamgravy answer that one. I think she could be a cruiser (with a citadel) or a DD Leader (taking full AP damage, like the French ones will). Either way, she'd be a fun boat to have around. 

Caldwell - What? Why? Oh you want a sealclubing ship at T4. We already have Clemson for that.

We're already awash in low Tier DDs with seal club potential. It's just another USN DD class, I suppose. Can I swap it for HMS Cavalier at Tier VII instead?

Ark Royal - Radar? Really? Why would you give a CV a radar?

The planes had radar. That's how they found the Bismarck. Imagine the hilarity that would ensue. 

10 hours ago, BlackYeti said:

I would prefer Admiral Scheer balanced for tier 7 so she could take full sec Bismarck captain for the lulz :cap_like:

That's the sort of vibe I would be going for, really. German secondary/AA build. Spee was never modernised (for obvious reasons) but Scheer certainly was. 

21 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Dido - is "all of them!" an acceptable answer?

Edit: a slightly more sensible answer would be one of each major type (a la Atlanta/Flint).

I think that's fair, but we have to start somewhere. The original and best, then. 

So the list is now:

HMS Tiger

Admiral Scheer  (or perhaps the D-Class successor: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-class_cruiser_(Germany))

HMS Dido

HMS Cavalier

Hmm. Going to need another nation. How about Krasnyi Kavkaz? She's a Tier V Russian CL with Molotov's guns (but only four of them), but actually has some armour (same set up as Krasny Krym). Either that or USS Richmond - Omaha with a Spotter plane and AA. Because what this game needs is more Omahas, basically, and that would be number 6. And because Richmond was a flagship and took part in one of the most obscure parts of WW2 (the Battle of the Komondorski Islands). 

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,719 posts
6,705 battles
3 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Ah well, it is an ARCADE game so some stuff might be 'tricked' to make them perform as needed.

How about 70% dispersion from AA guns on Swordfish torpedo bombers...

...after all Bismarcks guns were missing them because they were so bloody slow. 

As it is now, no planes will survive fighters anyway. Run into them, and you are toast. 

Swordfishes are as bad at avoiding them as their captain is, it's not like the planted fighter patrol follows you.

Instead of death in 5 secs might be death in 1 sec. And Ark Royal could have other type bombers/rocket planes. 

But.... SWORDFISH torpedo bombers need to be. LOTS of them, too. Maybe at T6  3-3-3, or even more.

Keep the T4 torpedoes, maybe with a little more speed, but instead of giving more damage just give more torps.

Could even make 4-4-4, and make 25% of torps being duds. :Smile_trollface:

I don't know how cvs are today I fell out in the way, but a squadron of swordfishes with a single 3 km torp, one at a time seems extremely meh.

If swordfishes will be featuring in this game they have to go against Bismarck, and that is t8.

As you mention, being slow could be an advantage against AA, but not against the current AA in game...and there are other planes in game, MM will put you against other cv.

If this would happen IRL swordfishes wouldn't do what they did. After all  they were already a blast of the past, in that time.

perhaps make more than that.

Make swordfishes t4 planes like they were (slow, fragile) but with the new gameplay pre nerfed hakurio? torps? or something similar to that?.

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,641 posts
4,789 battles
On 4/1/2019 at 2:25 PM, Tyrendian89 said:

top five?

5. Dido

4. Dido

3. Dido

2. Dido

1. ditto Didoooooooooo

image.png.2aa21d7eb85d893bb8211fde302d18fe.png???

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,893 posts
15,958 battles

Why would they go single? Furious drops 2 fish, using lower tiered planes you could easly go for triple say 3x3 torp sqads

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,641 posts
4,789 battles
9 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

There were three Conti Di Cavours, and I would think about Andrea Doria as the VI, but I guess we don't want to start the whole GC thing up again. I will let this one drop! 

Is making Cesare's sisterships one tier higher that much of a problem?
I'm thinking Musashi and Yamato.

Players
1,807 posts
245 battles

I wouldnt mind having those french battlecruisers in the game with 340mm’s and 370mm’s kinda slow but i guess you can treat thrm like normandies or gascognes.

[DREAD]
Players
6,677 posts
5,542 battles

1. SMS Lützow T4 BC

2. SM S-113 T5 DD

3. SMS Blücher T3 BB

4. Tone (...) CA

5. SMS Kronprinz 1918 T5 BB

6. Java T5 CL