Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
invicta2012

More Premiums!

99 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
1,429 posts
8,125 battles

I was scrolling through the Premium Shop and there was a distinct sense of having very few options left to try in my price point (which is £30 and Tier VII, if you must ask). I have the Premium ships I like, I have sold the ones I don't like.

 

I know that we have Russian BBs and French DDs to come, as well as Yudachi, Benham, Yoshino, Slava and Audacious at high tiers but the mid-Tier schedule looks a little light, and premiums for use in Operations and the like are always fun.  Leone and Agano are in the works somewhere but in the meantime, I was wondering what everyone's top 5 mid-Tier Premiums of choice would be. 

 

Mine are...

 

HMS Tiger - Tier V RN Battlecruiser (could be pushed up to Tier VI at a pinch).  

Best looking Battleship ever built, and we don't have a Tier V RN Premium.

 

Conte Di Cavour -  RM Tier VI BB.

The ship the Guilio Cesare could have been. :fish_palm:

 

Admiral Scheer - KM Tier VI Cruiser. Remove her torpedoes, give her enhanced secondaries, AA and Main Gun boost(?).

A ship that was so renowned and feared should be in the game somewhere. Should be capable of giving an RN Crown Colony/Town Class Cruiser a thorough paddling, but quite vulnerable to destroyers.

 

HMNLS Tromp - Tier VI DD/CL Hybrid

Because she's ready balanced - powerful cruiser guns, torps and decent AA, low health pool for a Cruiser. 

 

Caldwell Class USN Destroyer / HMS Lewes

Because a Tier IV Destroyer with Mahan's 12 torpedo tubes would be hilarious. 

 

I am also havering over 

Ark Royal - Tier VI RN CV - because Swordfishes / Radar / Bismarck

But she's coming eventually anyway, surely?

 

All thoughts appreciated! 

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TEA]
Players
1,238 posts
5,027 battles
19 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

I was scrolling through the Premium Shop and there was a distinct sense of having very few options left to try in my price point (which is £30 and Tier VII, if you must ask). I have the Premium ships I like, I have sold the ones I don't like.

 

I know that we have Russian BBs and French DDs to come, as well as Yudachi, Benham, Yoshino, Slava and Audacious at high tiers but the mid-Tier schedule looks a little light, and premiums for use in Operations and the like are always fun.  Leone and Agano are in the works somewhere but in the meantime, I was wondering what everyone's top 5 mid-Tier Premiums of choice would be. 

 

Mine are...

 

HMS Tiger - Tier V RN Battlecruiser (could be pushed up to Tier VI at a pinch).  

Best looking Battleship ever built, and we don't have a Tier V RN Premium.

 

Conte Di Cavour -  RM Tier VI BB.

The ship the Guilio Cesare could have been. :fish_palm:

 

Admiral Scheer - KM Tier VI Cruiser. Remove her torpedoes, give her enhanced secondaries, AA and Main Gun boost(?).

A ship that was so renowned and feared should be in the game somewhere. Should be capable of giving an RN Crown Colony/Town Class Cruiser a thorough paddling, but quite vulnerable to destroyers.

 

HMNLS Tromp - Tier VI DD/CL Hybrid

Because she's ready balanced - powerful cruiser guns, torps and decent AA, low health pool for a Cruiser. 

 

Caldwell Class USN Destroyer / HMS Lewes

Because a Tier IV Destroyer with Mahan's 12 torpedo tubes would be hilarious. 

 

I am also havering over 

Ark Royal - Tier VI RN CV - because Swordfishes / Radar / Bismarck

But she's coming eventually anyway, surely?

 

All thoughts appreciated! 

GC is a Conti di Cavour and we dont need it at tier 6....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
1,431 posts
5,618 battles

HNLMS Tromp ? ( i meant De Ruyter )

 

Because it lead the fatal but brave attack against a superior force of IJN Cruisers and Destroyers. ( invasion convoy escort ) And was in charge of a makeshift fleet that was a collection of several nation Cruisers and Destroyers. Perth and Exeter where among them. Another cruiser there was the USS Nothampton CA 26. ( we do not have that class in game do we ? )

 

It faced 2 cruisers of the Myoko class, 2 of the Sendai class and among others Shiratsuyu, Ashashio, Febuki and Kagero class Destroyers.

 

It looked very alike a Graf Spee ( Deutschland class ) but had far less power.

 

It would make for an excellent Operation too, if WG were to ever make work of making a mode/Operations of famous sea battles.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WCWVE]
Players
865 posts
13,050 battles

The only ones I really agree with are HMS Tiger and HMS Ark Royal

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,429 posts
8,125 battles
27 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Why?

Because the Premium ships I have offer a fun gameplay experience outside of the silver ship lines, and I think there could be more of that. Also because buying things keeps the game going. And also because WG do listen to what people want (LittleWhiteMouse was quite specific about the fact that Exeter is in the game because CCs like her asked for it), so why not contribute? 

 

17 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

HNLMS Tromp ?

 

Because it lead the fatal but brave attack against a superior force of IJN Cruisers and Destroyers. ( invasion convoy escort ) And was in charge of a makeshift fleet that was a collection of several nation Cruisers and Destroyers. Perth and Exeter where among them. Another cruiser there was the USS Nothampton CA 26. ( we do not have that class in game do we ? )

Nah, that's the De Ruyter. Tromp is Huang He's armament (3 x 2 6"guns) on Aigle's hull. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,843 posts
3,162 battles

I'd like to sponsor WG a bit more (@MrConway) but currently there's none I'd like...

Except for Warspite but I'll get that when it's on sale - and I already have Hood (yes you did a good one there).

 

I'd certainly like something at T6/7 whcih is my most played tier (and affordable) that is not RN though.

Even so, I'll probably get Ark Royal if it has Swordfishes.... CV rework is pleasing me (though some hate it).

Admiral Scheer... yes please, at T6, with single slow reloading torps... 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,429 posts
8,125 battles

I'm sorry, but you seem to be asking for HMS Hedge and the USS Island. Or have I missed something?

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
2,943 posts
6,893 battles

I'm still hoping for a Dido of some description...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,429 posts
8,125 battles

Which Dido do you want, though? Dido, Scylla, Spartan, Royalist, Black Prince? It's cruiser smorgasbord.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
2,943 posts
6,893 battles
13 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Which Dido do you want, though?

Is "all of them!" an acceptable answer?

 

Edit: a slightly more sensible answer would be one of each major type (a la Atlanta/Flint).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
305 posts
14,656 battles

yes, one of Dido class CL in the game is also my dream :)

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[L4GG]
Players
1,719 posts
6,705 battles
1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Ark Royal if it has Swordfishes

Sorry, but no f... way.

They got lucky back then

With the old RTS model I would not mind. Then again the swordfishes would not have a chance against real proper fighters. Perhaps would be like the graf zeppelin planes when it came out, only worse.

And Bismarck would appreciate to avenge itself against those little buggers. If they could distinguish Bismarck from their own ships...eh, eh, eh eh.

 

By the way.

 

Talking of premiums

 

when the new t4 german BB will came out?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
1,431 posts
5,618 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

Nah, that's the De Ruyter. Tromp is Huang He's armament (3 x 2 6"guns) on Aigle's hull. 

 

Correct i typed the wrong name, probably with the other Dutch ship mentioned by OP still in mind. :Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
1,511 posts
18,216 battles
2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

HMS Tiger - Tier V RN Battlecruiser (could be pushed up to Tier VI at a pinch).  

 

Best looking Battleship ever built, and we don't have a Tier V RN Premium.

 

What we need is T7 RN BB. We don't have enough T7 RN BBs.

 

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Conte Di Cavour -  RM Tier VI BB.

The ship the Guilio Cesare could have been. :fish_palm:

 

This should be a silver one. Wasting both sister on premium ships is pointless when we need a BB for a regular line.

 

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Admiral Scheer - KM Tier VI Cruiser. Remove her torpedoes, give her enhanced secondaries, AA and Main Gun boost(?).

A ship that was so renowned and feared should be in the game somewhere. Should be capable of giving an RN Crown Colony/Town Class Cruiser a thorough paddling, but quite vulnerable to destroyers.

 

Ok ... I guess

 

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

HMNLS Tromp - Tier VI DD/CL Hybrid

Because she's ready balanced - powerful cruiser guns, torps and decent AA, low health pool for a Cruiser.

 

Already balanced? I don't think so. She is too small for cruiser and too big for mid tier DD. Maybe T9 premium Dutch DD, she could hardly fit at T6.

 

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Caldwell Class USN Destroyer / HMS Lewes

Because a Tier IV Destroyer with Mahan's 12 torpedo tubes would be hilarious. 

 

What? Why? Oh you want a sealclubing ship at T4. We already have Clemson for that.

 

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

I am also havering over 

Ark Royal - Tier VI RN CV - because Swordfishes / Radar / Bismarck

 

Radar? Really? Why would you give a CV a radar?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
2,072 posts
26,105 battles

Tromp can be put at T4, look at the cruiser opposition there or T3 even.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
738 posts
4,210 battles
8 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

I'm sorry, but you seem to be asking for HMS Hedge and the USS Island. Or have I missed something?

That is why I posted a source; 

 

HNLMS Abraham Crijnssen was a Jan van Amstel-class minesweeper of the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNN). Built during the 1930s, she was based in the Netherlands East Indies when Japan attacked at the end of 1941. Ordered to retreat to Australia, the ship was disguised as a tropical island to avoid detection, and was the last Dutch ship to escape from the region. On arriving in Australia in 1942, she was commissioned into the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) as HMAS Abraham Crijnssen and operated as an anti-submarine escort. Although returned to RNN control in 1943, the ship remained in Australian waters for most of World War II. After the war, Abraham Crijnssen operated on anti-revolution patrols in the East Indies, before returning to the Netherlands and being converted into a boom defence ship in 1956. Removed from service in 1960, the vessel was donated to the Netherlands Sea Cadet Corps for training purposes. In 1995, Abraham Crijnssen was acquired by the Dutch Navy Museum for preservation as a museum ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,458 posts
15,503 battles
3 hours ago, Gnirf said:

Tromp can be put at T4, look at the cruiser opposition there or T3 even.

You wanna stick a 1937 CL with 150mm Bofors rail guns at tier 3? With the likes of Kolberg?

 

It's basically a smaller HungHe that swaps AA for a spotter plane, they'd prob turn it into a tier 5 CL with smoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BABBY]
Players
357 posts
7,671 battles

I would prefer Admiral Scheer balanced for tier 7 so she could take full sec Bismarck captain for the lulz :cap_like:

Also post refit USS Tennessee (drools) much easier to balance for t7 than WV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
1,682 posts
15,566 battles

What we need is a (relatively) quickly firing T6 and T7 heavy cruisers maybee one of Hawkins and County classes respectively, we sure as hell have enough DDs, BBs and even fair number of CLs at those tiers but few good premium CAs and none at T6 acctually since Molotov is well, odd and Spee even more so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×