Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Premium Shop in April: Naval Aviation Containers

46 comments in this topic

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,462 posts
6,638 battles

2z1.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 19

[T-N-T]
Players
2,276 posts
10,476 battles

Extra credits per battle and 50% more XP provided by the permanent camouflage

Wait what? T9 premiums always got 100% more XP on their permacamos afaik.

Azuma's major advantages include a very weighty salvo, an enjoyable ballistic trajectory, and firing accuracy that's the envy of most other large cruisers.

Huh, did Azuma get back it's regular cruiser accuracy or what? Last I heard that was removed for an additional charge of heal and faster reloading heals (and access to hydro).

That's actually weird, the stats listed on the WoWs fitting tool list Azuma's dispersion as truly being better than Alaska, Stalingrad and Graf Spee (Kronshtadt has a far worse BB dispersion), but it is nowhere near as good as regular cruisers or even the hyper accurate IJN CAs that have DD dispersion. I am baffled.

• Cool 2

Players
33 posts
4,270 battles

All these damn super cruisers are annoying.

Every game you see a bunch of alaskas, azumas and stalingrads.

I remember when WG said something about they want Premiums not to be better than silver ships. They should only play differently.

If they only played differently, all the unicums wouldnt use them to farm PR and winrate.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
6,756 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, PhillerTheKillBiller sagte:

I remember when WG said something about they want Premiums not to be better than silver ships.

but the community demands premium ships that are better than silver ships. That was clearly seen with the "nerf the GC" issue...

• Cool 2

[T-N-T]
Players
2,276 posts
10,476 battles

It's basically too late for premiums being contained. I hear in WoT, premiums were supposed to be better than stock tanks and worse than fully decked out tanks, not sure how that's working out... Anyway, in WoWs, premiums were usually supposed to be on par with fully upgraded ships, which I find fair. They'd be alternatives, either in visuals or in gameplay, or in both. Sadly with the amount of ships and premiums in the game, there often would be no reason to buy some of the new premiums without them being actually strong, not just alternatives to other ships, but actually eclipsing in some roles previous ships -> and that's powercreep. Add to it the fact that at times, they [edited]up the balancing process and release a downright OP monster (they do also release underpowered ships, but those can receive buffs later, so all is not lost) that they later cannot really nerf -> and that's not powercreep, that's a powerjump.

There's been plenty of both in WoWs The only way to successfully release a new premium - unless it is an iconic historical ship - is to make it strong, very strong.

Players
33 posts
4,270 battles

I started out as a huge fan and supporter of Warships.

It is getting more and more difficult to convince myself to spend money on it and lately I just couldn't. :(

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
10 posts
775 battles
21 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

Purchase the legendary Japanese Tier IX cruiser that’s capable of challenging cruiser Alaska herself!

Read it on the portal

yes pucess that usless shipp, no guns no armor no AA and, not to mention, is broken you have the option for gun fire control sistem and when you put the spoter plane up, you cant see to max range, exp, you got 22.1 kmwith the plane up is 26 km you only see the enamy ships up to 24 km but you get spoted from 26 km blody [edited] WG stupid noobs

Players
10 posts
775 battles
18 hours ago, Toivia said:

Huh, did Azuma get back it's regular cruiser accuracy or what? Last I heard that was removed for an additional charge of heal and faster reloading heals (and access to hydro).

That's actually weird, the stats listed on the WoWs fitting tool list Azuma's dispersion as truly being better than Alaska, Stalingrad and Graf Spee (Kronshtadt has a far worse BB dispersion), but it is nowhere near as good as regular cruisers or even the hyper accurate IJN CAs that have DD dispersion. I am baffled.

m8 it is usless trust me 

[T-N-T]
Players
2,276 posts
10,476 battles
2 hours ago, protos_archon said:

yes pucess that usless shipp, no guns no armor no AA and, not to mention, is broken you have the option for gun fire control sistem and when you put the spoter plane up, you cant see to max range, exp, you got 22.1 kmwith the plane up is 26 km you only see the enamy ships up to 24 km but you get spoted from 26 km blody [edited] WG stupid noobs

That's funny they overlooked that. Although it is really not smart to try and get even more range on guns when you have over 19kms to start with and you always have a spotter plane available (cannot take a fighter instead).

Anyway, any clarification on this @MrConway @Crysantos?

20 hours ago, Toivia said:

Extra credits per battle and 50% more XP provided by the permanent camouflage

Azuma's major advantages include a very weighty salvo, an enjoyable ballistic trajectory, and firing accuracy that's the envy of most other large cruisers.

I mean Azuma is not looking great as it is, if it were to have worse economy than other T9 Freemiums as well, I may simply not bother and wait for Yoshino.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,646 posts
2,413 battles
16 hours ago, Toivia said:

That's funny they overlooked that. Although it is really not smart to try and get even more range on guns when you have over 19kms to start with and you always have a spotter plane available (cannot take a fighter instead).

Anyway, any clarification on this @MrConway @Crysantos?

I mean Azuma is not looking great as it is, if it were to have worse economy than other T9 Freemiums as well, I may simply not bother and wait for Yoshino.

Just tested and confirmed that this is indeed borked, thanks for pointing it out. We'll be adjusting her view range to the maximum possible gun range.

You sir, have just buffed Azuma :Smile_medal:

Players
4,607 posts
5,708 battles
On 4/2/2019 at 6:38 AM, PhillerTheKillBiller said:

All these damn super cruisers are annoying.

Every game you see a bunch of alaskas, azumas and stalingrads.

I remember when WG said something about they want Premiums not to be better than silver ships. They should only play differently.

If they only played differently, all the unicums wouldnt use them to farm PR and winrate.

Go buy and play an Azuma and tell me how damn OP it is.

18 hours ago, Toivia said:

Unless you got 1 million exp you really don't care about, why get Azuma? Like, even if the economy would be on par with Alaska, you don't get credits for getting citadelled. The ship basically has one mode of play and that's long-range HE slinging at BBs and going to mid range once no AP threat remains or running off if your frontline gets overrun. To me, an Ibuki has a more versatile and interesting playstyle than this and I sure don't get myself a supercruiser just to get nailed like a Nep without having the dpm, torps or smoke/radar of a Nep. Like, even if this ship has the economy of an Alaska, Alaska is way more consistent in its result than a cruiser that can't tank BB shells for the heck of it except the odd T7. I had much fun running into an Azuma yesterday playing as Monarch. Outspotted it, fired one salvo, two citadels, it died to some Yamato AP and HE spam before I could reload my 25 second guns. I can only imagine what a great experience that must have been. 

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Players
2,276 posts
10,476 battles
3 hours ago, MrConway said:

Just tested and confirmed that this is indeed borked, thanks for pointing it out. We'll be adjusting her view range to the maximum possible gun range.

Ok... that was not my intention (although any buff is welcome for Azuma, I guess). I was more curious about the weird dispersion numbers on her. Based on the numbers (and even LittleWhiteMouse's testing), Azuma appears to have just a hair tighter dispersion than other supercruisers. Is that intended? I mean if Azuma is supposed to get accuracy as its niche (which would be great, given its lack of other advantages), couldn't it be more noticeable? Right now it appears more like a mistake as it's just like a small fraction of a way towards the next better dispersion (for regular cruisers).

(The permacamo question has since been answered.)

2 hours ago, Seiranko said:

Unless you got 1 million exp you really don't care about, why get Azuma? Like, even if the economy would be on par with Alaska, you don't get credits for getting citadelled. The ship basically has one mode of play and that's long-range HE slinging at BBs and going to mid range once no AP threat remains or running off if your frontline gets overrun. To me, an Ibuki has a more versatile and interesting playstyle than this and I sure don't get myself a supercruiser just to get nailed like a Nep without having the dpm, torps or smoke/radar of a Nep. Like, even if this ship has the economy of an Alaska, Alaska is way more consistent in its result than a cruiser that can't tank BB shells for the heck of it except the odd T7. I had much fun running into an Azuma yesterday playing as Monarch. Outspotted it, fired one salvo, two citadels, it died to some Yamato AP and HE spam before I could reload my 25 second guns. I can only imagine what a great experience that must have been. 

Well, I kinda did prepare FreeXP for Azuma... And I am a bit of a collector of ships I can get "for free" (understand as for currencies I can get freely in game, basically that which I get for spending my time, not actual money).

But purchasing Azuma is indeed mighty hard to justify. A) It doesn't offer anything over Alaska, or an Ibuki (seriously I'd take the concealment, torps and actually better armor any day); B) Azuma is merely a nerfed husk of the incoming Yoshino (that I intend to get). With Missouri/Iowa or Musashi/Yamato, one actually has premium benefits over the other while Missouri still has radar and Yamato is usable for clan battles etc. Azuma/Yoshino really doesn't give the T9 anything...

Players
33 posts
4,270 battles
5 hours ago, Seiranko said:

I haven't said it's OP. Don't put words in my mouth.

I meant exactly what I have said. It is strong.

• Bad 1

[SBS]
Beta Tester
93 posts
5,504 battles

When Alaska came out there were 3-4 per team when the Azuma came out 1-2 per team, Now people might have used up thier free XP on the Alaska so factor that in, But from all the gameplay I have seen of it and if you check the wows stats its an average ship, A premium Zao without torpedo's and marginally tankier in certain situations.

Players
10 posts
775 battles
On 4/3/2019 at 12:18 PM, MrConway said:

it is need it becouse... if i put my plane up and shoot i will get spoted at 26 km , at close range you get citadell by DDS with 100mm guns, to be honest i dont care i made a good colection of ships, and if i want to play for a OP ship there is allweys the Stalingrad, oh By the way MrConway, when do we get the to have more ships for coal? i got allmoust 1.000.000 in standby nothing to buy with, and moust of it i payd good money. thanks

Players
10 posts
775 battles
On 4/2/2019 at 4:13 PM, Toivia said:

It's basically too late for premiums being contained. I hear in WoT, premiums were supposed to be better than stock tanks and worse than fully decked out tanks, not sure how that's working out... Anyway, in WoWs, premiums were usually supposed to be on par with fully upgraded ships, which I find fair. They'd be alternatives, either in visuals or in gameplay, or in both. Sadly with the amount of ships and premiums in the game, there often would be no reason to buy some of the new premiums without them being actually strong, not just alternatives to other ships, but actually eclipsing in some roles previous ships -> and that's powercreep. Add to it the fact that at times, they [edited]up the balancing process and release a downright OP monster (they do also release underpowered ships, but those can receive buffs later, so all is not lost) that they later cannot really nerf -> and that's not powercreep, that's a powerjump.

There's been plenty of both in WoWs The only way to successfully release a new premium - unless it is an iconic historical ship - is to make it strong, very strong.

dont get it why shoud a prem ship be worst then a tech ship? i am payng afterall reall money for it i dont say it supose to be op but atlist as good a tech one. the game in the end is not made only a type of peple who has nothing better to do all day then playng the game, i have full time job and i got cuple of hours per day to play why should i compete against better ships then my prem????

[4468]
Players
6 posts
9,145 battles

Did someone forget to hit the button and add new stuff to the shop today, like maybe some containers or something or am I missing something ? Right now I don't see anything different in the premium ship which normally gets changed on a Friday

[T-N-T]
Players
2,276 posts
10,476 battles
5 hours ago, protos_archon said:

dont get it why shoud a prem ship be worst then a tech ship? i am payng afterall reall money for it i dont say it supose to be op but atlist as good a tech one. the game in the end is not made only a type of peple who has nothing better to do all day then playng the game, i have full time job and i got cuple of hours per day to play why should i compete against better ships then my prem????

Umm, never said a premium ship should be worse than a tech tree one, pls re-read.

[POMF]
Players
438 posts
15,710 battles
On 4/1/2019 at 6:48 PM, The_EURL_Guy said:

Purchase the legendary Japanese Tier IX cruiser that’s capable of challenging cruiser Alaska herself!

Read it on the portal

Ehh no its not?

Its by far the worst of all T9 Fremiums you released and saying the others are bad is a lie but this thing is utter crap so its not even in the same league.

I would recommend that no one spends money on this thing, if you like me have the free XP and want a port decoration then yes, but for actually playing the atrocity this useless thing is then no.

Go buy Bosie instead, that thing is tankier for its tier in comparison and thats almost funny and it will do better VS T9 ships anyway funny enough.

No effort was put in to the Azuma, the Jean Bart is a better Super heavy Cruiser, it has the speed and reload of this thing since every dam BB now has more consumables then many cruisers but it also has better guns and armour.

And no I dont like a ton of consumables, but then the ship has to stand up on its on merits and this thing do not.

So please dont marked your premiums with falls claims, don't do a Bethesda because then people will do less then appreciative videos on youtube about it.

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies...

• Cool 1

Players
4,607 posts
5,708 battles
On 4/3/2019 at 6:55 PM, PhillerTheKillBiller said:

I haven't said it's OP. Don't put words in my mouth.

I meant exactly what I have said. It is strong.

You heavily implied that it performs better than its tech tree counterpart, which would imply a certain degree of OPness, but in any case is wrong. Ibuki likely overall is a better ship than the Azuma and Azuma by extension is hardly "strong". At best it is playable, provided you don't have to go up against an enemy team that is good enough to require you to actually go near them.

[DAVA]
Players
9 posts
3,770 battles

Azuma, Alaska... nehhh,

First of all, you are asking way, way to much for them 1 mil free xp. Think about 500 k ....

I am one of the monkeys who actualy pay to exchange free xp with gold in order to purchase the Kronstadt. Is not what I was thinking it is...

On top,  after we monkeys and pinguins open our wallets or hardly grind the free xp need it to purchase the Kronstadt, WOWS team nerf it :(. Now is burning like a candle!!!

I want my free xp back!!! I dont need the ship it is now...

At the end of the day, I got robbed once, if I do it again it means that I am stupid and I'm not.

[T-N-T]
Players
2,276 posts
10,476 battles
49 minutes ago, Un_Dac_Liber said:

Azuma, Alaska... nehhh,

First of all, you are asking way, way to much for them 1 mil free xp. Think about 500 k ....

I am one of the monkeys who actualy pay to exchange free xp with gold in order to purchase the Kronstadt. Is not what I was thinking it is...

On top,  after we monkeys and pinguins open our wallets or hardly grind the free xp need it to purchase the Kronstadt, WOWS team nerf it :(. Now is burning like a candle!!!

I want my free xp back!!! I dont need the ship it is now...

At the end of the day, I got robbed once, if I do it again it means that I am stupid and I'm not.

Yeah, do NOT buy FreeXP with dubloons.

Kron is still silly strong though, I just wish it wasn't an idiot magnet for me. Somehow I cannot get wins on it despite carrying as much as I ever could. It's frustrating. Alaska is pretty much on the same level. Azuma... seems not to be up there...

Sign in to follow this