You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

All ships in new "Armory"... :-)

40 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,244 posts
9,148 battles

Hi all,

All ships in new "Armory"... :Smile_coin:

Ir5nGlO.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

Erroneous "stitching" issues fixed (i.e. "double Atlanta row)... :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,723 posts
14,669 battles

Atlanta in there twice.

One for 10,1k, the other for 9,3k.

In fact that entire row is duplicated but have different pricing.

Wat.

[ADRIA]
Players
456 posts
11,457 battles

Also as stated in patch notes

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,244 posts
9,148 battles

Hi all,

1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Atlanta in there twice.

One for 10,1k, the other for 9,3k.

In fact that entire row is duplicated but some are cheaper than the other.

Wat.

Ahhh... some "stitching" issues I see... darn that automated software... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Funny 1

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,150 posts
4,471 battles

All the doublons prices have been increased by 300 in the Armory, forcing basically you to buy a slot with a ship.

@MrConway : so WG is giving lots of port slots in the daily containers for free, but isn't ashamed to force us to buy one more if we use the armory. Any reaction from the staff about that ??

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,481 posts
8,025 battles
2 minutes ago, NoirLotus said:

All the doublons prices have been increased by 300 in the Armory, forcing basically you to buy a slot with a ship.

@MrConway : so WG is giving lots of port slots in the daily containers for free, but isn't ashamed to force us to buy one more if we use the armory. Any reaction from the staff about that ??

But we also get a 3 point captain so it's fine? /s :Smile_hiding:

seriously(?) my stash of portsluts is big enough, and I never even bought any as a true gentleman wouldn't do that; I just wait until they join willingly after hiding in cakes daily containers.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,863 posts
6,686 battles
13 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

You can buy legendary modules in the armory too

As a matter of interest, is there a summary anywhere of the current thinking on these things (specifically, which don't suck)?

I watched a rather good video by Flamu (I think) just after they were initially released, but something more recent - with the benefit of actual experience - would be nice to see.

The only one I have so far is Groz, which seems to be okay, but 'no great' - I think I'll go back to a conventional build with the next free demount...

[TEA]
Players
1,103 posts
4,614 battles
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

As a matter of interest, is there a summary anywhere of the current thinking on these things (specifically, which don't suck)?

I watched a rather good video by Flamu (I think) just after they were initially released, but something more recent - with the benefit of actual experience - would be nice to see.

The only one I have so far is Groz, which seems to be okay, but 'no great' - I think I'll go back to a conventional build with the next free demount...

The ones for GK and Republique suck, the nerfs dont justify the advantages. -20% range no thanks I sell you instead :)

• Cool 1

[ONIX]
Players
1,098 posts
9,268 battles
2 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

The ones for GK and Republique suck, the nerfs dont justify the advantages. -20% range no thanks I sell you instead :)

GK's is fine, specially if you have a full secondaries build. You are not hitting much from 20km nor doing your team any favours if you stay at that range for long.

Can't comment on the Republique one.

Others I got:

Yamato, Moskva and Zao are very good.

Hindenburg's is shyte. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
8,729 battles
39 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I do believe that Flambass did one that is a bit more recent. Otherwise I think Flamus still work.

• Cool 1

[SSA]
Players
776 posts
17,022 battles
48 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

he ones for GK and Republique suck, the nerfs dont justify the advantages. -20% range no thanks I sell you instead :)

Srsly ?

GK gets down to 19km, that's plenty for her, secondary build or not.

Rep is a matter of taste i'd say, depending on how aggressive you like to play, same for HIV imo.

[TEA]
Players
1,103 posts
4,614 battles
11 minutes ago, rnat said:

Srsly ?

GK gets down to 19km, that's plenty for her, secondary build or not.

Rep is a matter of taste i'd say, depending on how aggressive you like to play, same for HIV imo.

I like range, I find the GK guns surprisingly consistent at range. A range handicap is not a nice thing even against cruisers

[ONIX]
Players
1,098 posts
9,268 battles

Also and as a rule of thumb, any LM that goes in the same slot as the Concealment Module is a huuuuuuuuge risk. Or a No-No.

[SSA]
Players
776 posts
17,022 battles
17 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I like range, I find the GK guns surprisingly consistent at range.

Why bother with the GK in that case ? Play Monti.

[TEA]
Players
1,103 posts
4,614 battles
Just now, rnat said:

Why bother with the GK in that case ? Play Monti.

I have the monti thats a serious ship. I like to play both close and long range, so all my BBs that are secondary capable have hybrid builds between Long Range and Secondaries.

I dont see a point in investing all my ships performance in one type of encounter, better to spread your chances evenly.

My GK has 10.3k range secondaries and 23k MB so I can perform well at both ranges.

• Cool 1

[SSA]
Players
776 posts
17,022 battles
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

My GK has 10.3k range secondaries and 23k MB

Range mod secondary spec GK. Deep in my heart i knew they existed somewhere. As long as you don't tell me you're running SE on her or have no manual secondaries.

You do know that a GK is already pretty deadly at mid- to close ranges ? secondary spec or not. That's where she shines, where she's at home.

What you're doing with this is making her much worse at anything but close range (no accuracy mod, less tankyness)

and give her extra range beyond where she's already hopelessly inaccurate at the expense of firepower at every range.

Sure you'll land the occasional decent salvo but that's the holy light of rngesus smiling upon your soul.

1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

so I can perform well at both ranges

So yeah, i doubt that.

[RO-RN]
Players
440 posts
5,911 battles

i wonder if you can use a coupon on the doubloon ships! since some of them cost extra doubloons than in the ones found in the tech tree, example: perth in tech tree 4800 doubloons, perth in armory 5100 doubloons!

[DMAS]
Beta Tester
310 posts
2,277 battles

Even though I like the fact they added all those ship in the Armoy I heavily dislike the fact that WG is creating "new currency".

Doublons, steel, coal, florins, Ironium...

You can add what the **** you want with all those currency, If I need a bachelor degree to get the price of a ship that's a no go for me.

• Cool 1

[TEA]
Players
1,103 posts
4,614 battles
53 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

i wonder if you can use a coupon on the doubloon ships! since some of them cost extra doubloons than in the ones found in the tech tree, example: perth in tech tree 4800 doubloons, perth in armory 5100 doubloons!

coupons dont work with doubloons only coal and steel :(

[TEA]
Players
1,103 posts
4,614 battles
56 minutes ago, rnat said:

Range mod secondary spec GK. Deep in my heart i knew they existed somewhere. As long as you don't tell me you're running SE on her or have no manual secondaries.

You do know that a GK is already pretty deadly at mid- to close ranges ? secondary spec or not. That's where she shines, where she's at home.

What you're doing with this is making her much worse at anything but close range (no accuracy mod, less tankyness)

and give her extra range beyond where she's already hopelessly inaccurate at the expense of firepower at every range.

Sure you'll land the occasional decent salvo but that's the holy light of rngesus smiling upon your soul.

So yeah, i doubt that.

I have IFHE, Manual Secs and AFT.

For long range, I utilise modules hence 10.3k secondary range only.

Beta Tester
2,255 posts
2,948 battles

Just my luck that the one gold ship I don't have in there is the one ship I do not want (Varyag)

[H_FAN]
Players
2,049 posts
24,926 battles
1 hour ago, Animalul2012 said:

port slot 300 that is the difference

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,431 posts
5,604 battles
16 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I have IFHE, Manual Secs and AFT.

For long range, I utilise modules hence 10.3k secondary range only.

If you want longer range you use the spotter plane. Sure by all means use the accuracy module even if you are specced heavily into secondaries. But any other 3 million module is better than the range one. The GK thrives the closer it gets and staying safe can be done just as well with the standard range if you position correctly.

• Cool 2