You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kapnobathrac

RN carrier dive bombers

25 comments in this topic

Players
453 posts

How do you see the RN dive bombers compared to the other CVs?

Its nice to carpet bomb in a way especially when attacking from the front or the back of the ship (a big ship) but Ive never been like "woow" as I sometimes am when the american dive bombers hit for example. Torps on the implacable seem meh also.

Players
3,560 posts

I think they are good or the mechanic is, but oh boy all the planes on the RN CV's need a damage buff, if I have ever sunk an enemy ship it is only because it is on severely low health already,and not by my trying to hit it either.

[THGZ]
Beta Tester
169 posts

There should be an option for royal navy bombers to do a "mass" attack with all squadrons with an enlarged targetting reticle OR a single attack with the current system.

So you can choose between aiming or less accuracy/more alpha.

• Cool 1

Players
453 posts
1 hour ago, NoobySkooby said:

I think they are good or the mechanic is, but oh boy all the planes on the RN CV's need a damage buff, if I have ever sunk an enemy ship it is only because it is on severely low health already,and not by my trying to hit it either.

I feel the same way. While it does have indeed a unique feature to carpet bomb,it doesnt really look like some kind of strong special particular feature. I got once taken out 70% of my HP in a hindy from one midway strike.

How many torps per attack will audacious have ? 3?

And a general question,why should one pick the audacious over midway apart from the first being new and hot ? seems midway has better torps and better dive bombers. british planes feel quite slow also

Beta Tester
3,371 posts
6,485 battles
14 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

has better torps

Midway has what? The torpedos are so much worse than even the Implacable torpedos that it hits far above the "ridicules" level. And they get nerfed in the next patch again.

Back to the topic.

They are crap. While you do indeed drob an extensive amount of bombs on your target, most of them will miss. Even when bombing a stationary Yamato or Gk you will miss bombs. Hitting a DD is pure RNG. there is 0 skill injvolved and 0 consistency.

The damage is lowr then on the US CV, which is fine, you drop more of them. BUT they also have penetration values that make no sense. The T8 has 32mm of penetrations.. which is enough for most cruisers and DD's but useless against almost all BB of most nations. The T10 gets a wopping 47mm which might as well be the same as 32mm because the next higher deckarmor on BB from 32 is 51mm so yea, they can not harm T9 and T10 BB's except for the french and britsish. Which are the smalest and hardest to hit targets. the T10 DB are going to be even less usefull than the DB on Implacable.

The only real weapon on the implacable are her Torpedos which are actually pretty good, as you can manouver and not lose your accumulated aiming-progress as you do on the other CV.

her Attackaircraft are just a joke. less dmg on each roket and less rockets in an attack. It is stupid to give them an aditional 3 rockets per plane if you take out 1 plane from the attack. 2*10=20 VS 3*7=21.

And each of the 7 rockets does more damage than the UK rocket. So the UK attackaircraft do less dmg while they drop less potent rockets.

I believe the Implacable to be well balanced when toptier, maybe she needs a litte buff on the Attackaircraft. but when facing T9 and T10 she is ependent on the stupidity of her enemies, as she neither has the heal of the IJN CV nor the fast reload on her planes as the Lexington.

I hve to play the T10 to get an informed opinion of her but I remain sceptical as to her effectivenes. Her DB are probably RNG bombrs as on the ret of the line with far to litte penetration to be of any use against their intendet target - the BB. The Rockets and Torpedos depend on their spread, aiming time and most importandly speed. A large HP pool is of no use if the planes are 20kn slower than the other CVs planes. If I have to take the speed module my planes will remain slower than the competition while the HP pool is similar, as the other CV mostly choose to take the aditional HP.

Players
6,062 posts
12,099 battles
2 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

How do you see the RN dive bombers compared to the other CVs?

Its nice to carpet bomb in a way especially when attacking from the front or the back of the ship (a big ship) but Ive never been like "woow" as I sometimes am when the american dive bombers hit for example. Torps on the implacable seem meh also.

I only really tried the Furious ones and those seemed to miss more then they would hit.

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,450 battles

I like the DBs... even tho they are not as universally usable as the US DBs. The damage against BBs is decent enough and more often than not there are 2-3 fires. While still beeing decent against cruisers. Totaly RNG dependent vs DDs tho. Only complaint would be that they lack pen to reliable damage certain BBs.

But against those there are torps that work surprisingly well with fast aimtimes and close distance. 

Never tried the T4s, but the T6 ones are lacking since its only 1 Plane dropping them. 

[OAP]
Beta Tester
4 posts
9,730 battles

Only place the Implaceable dive bombers work great is against CV's without armoured decks. The rest of the time they are very mediocre.

Puting over 330k xp on my implaceable i have found the attack plains are just rubish. rockets work wel enough but they have a lack of speed to the point they only go 3-6 knots faster than the bombers. And have less plains in the squadron so a total of a lot less HP, they just realy strugle with doing anything meaningful except 1 suicide attack and then fall from the sky in Flames.

But yea the br

ish CV line needs some tweaks,

Players
453 posts
4 hours ago, Vorcha said:

Only place the Implaceable dive bombers work great is against CV's without armoured decks. The rest of the time they are very mediocre.

Puting over 330k xp on my implaceable i have found the attack plains are just rubish. rockets work wel enough but they have a lack of speed to the point they only go 3-6 knots faster than the bombers. And have less plains in the squadron so a total of a lot less HP, they just realy strugle with doing anything meaningful except 1 suicide attack and then fall from the sky in Flames.

But yea the br

ish CV line needs some tweaks,

That feel when you boost in the rocket planes 2 kilometers from the target,the boost is gone and you traveled 500 meters and the last 1.500 meters look so close yet so far away. Boom you hit for 778 damage.

[RAIN]
Community Contributor
1,323 posts
17,578 battles

RN bomber are pretty good but not easy to use.

You need to find the right target like some BB or large cruiser and make a good/rly good approach.

On DD it s pur rng.

Implacable's bomber have some lack of pen if you are low tier.

Beta Tester
3,371 posts
6,485 battles
6 minutes ago, malimoo said:

RN bomber are pretty good but not easy to use.

You need to find the right target like some BB or large cruiser and make a good/rly good approach.

On DD it s pur rng.

Implacable's bomber have some lack of pen if you are low tier.

Not only on lowtier. The Audacious will suffer even more than the Implac as she only has 47mm of penetration on her HE bombs... making them virtually unable to damage most T10 BB and most T9 BB, which should be the main target consiering that they have an even bigger spread than the T8 ones (Which already struggel to place 90% of the payload on a Yamato or GK when it is stationary),

I hope the torpedos and rockets will make up for it, otherwise the britsish CV line will be nothing more than a gimicky line with no role in competetive.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,676 posts

Carpeteers are "quick and easy" shake & bake weapon but you pay for it with lots of rng, bomblets themselves are a bit meh i found them most usefoul in blaping light cruisers since they are to weak for bbs and too inacurate for precise drops to get dds, I mean you can kill a dd ofc but its much easyer to do that with us dbs

Weekend Tester
868 posts

the Audacious db are pretty poor against the likes of bb, their poor deck pen hurts, might start a fire or two, but meh, tb's much the same meh, rocket attack aircraft, not bad, would say its the weakest of the three tier 10 carriers.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,676 posts

Was to be expected those bomblets are meh against t6/7 bbs let alone t10s

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

I just unlocked the Implacable with normal credits and XP/FXP ( that is for nerfing strike fighters WG, no cash ) and the carpet bombers bombs hit just fine, about 5 hits per attack run. Problem is THEY DO ALMOST NO DAMAGE !

But nothing new there i suppose.

[PANEU]
Players
4,278 posts
12,134 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Beastofwar sagte:

I just unlocked the Implacable with normal credits and XP/FXP ( that is for nerfing strike fighters WG, no cash ) and the carpet bombers bombs hit just fine, about 5 hits per attack run. Problem is THEY DO ALMOST NO DAMAGE !

I get up to 9k hits with them on DDs, can't wait to see audacious

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,676 posts
3 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Yep

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
2 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

I used it on BB and CA's...maybe you got a lead what to do with them there....will try it.

[PANEU]
Players
4,278 posts
12,134 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Beastofwar sagte:

I used it on BB and CA's...maybe you got a lead what to do with them there....will try it.

Make sure to drop then while they kite or turn away, make sure to have enough lead so the DD ands up in the middle of the reticle when the bombs hit the water, dont release the bombs with the reticle on the DD because they take a while to drop

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,450 battles
12 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

You are talking about rocketplanes... b/c i can't see how you would get 9k hits on DDs with the carpetbombers other than a freak accident.

But, yes i am also looking forward to audacious. Can't wait to unlock her tonight.

[PANEU]
Players
4,278 posts
12,134 battles
Gerade eben, Namuras sagte:

You are talking about rocketplanes... b/c i can't see how you would get 9k hits on DDs with the carpetbombers other than a freak accident.

No i am talking about the bombers.

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,450 battles
Just now, Zuihou25 said:

No i am talking about the bombers.

I find TBs more reliable in dealing with DDs... i don't know how often i braketed a DD with DDs...

Players
7,526 posts
245 battles

i just shrug my shoulders when is see rn cv DB's coming towards my maass.

usa ones i shiz myself instantly since i know from experience how good they are at clicking dd's out of the match.

[PANEU]
Players
4,278 posts
12,134 battles

If a DD gets hit by a single torp bomber without initiating a crossdrop it's not your skill that hit the DD but the DDs lack of that let him eat torps lol.

Divebombers are a RNG fiesta anyway.

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,450 battles
1 minute ago, Zuihou25 said:

If a DS gets hit by a single torp bomber without initiating a crossdrop it's not your skill that hit the DD but the DDs lack of that let him eat torps lol.

That is the beauty of the short activation distance in RN TBs... you can force the DD onto a path and then crossdrop. Not as reliable as before rework, but he is going to take a torp.