Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Montagne

Cant pen a Musashi with 305?

5 comments in this topic

[SLAPP]
Players
57 posts
14,854 battles

Ok, I was 7.5 ish km away from a full broadside Musashi when I was in Alaska and I got shatters. So after looking at penetration figures after the battle I should have penetrated to his citadel but I just got shatters?

Can anyone help, I'm really confused.

Players
228 posts
4,669 battles

literally only thing what would make sense is if Alaska has shorter fuse on AP than expected resulting in early detonation maybe. 

[CATS]
Players
30,026 posts
15,424 battles

Alaska penetrates around 460mm at that range.

Musashi has 410mm belt armor. A little bit of angling + angle of fall and there is a good chance the effective armor was just bigger.

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
20,260 battles

In Alaska - I have penetrated both Yamato & Musashi Citadels and from further - Red Letter Day in my book, so I certainly took note.

So - why did you shatter? I can't answer, but try again and you might get a completely different result.

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,761 posts
10,915 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Alaska penetrates around 460mm at that range.

Musashi has 410mm belt armor. A little bit of angling + angle of fall and there is a good chance the effective armor was just bigger.

Indeed. The impact angle for Alaska's shell at ~7,5 km is roughly 5,5 degrees. With such impact angle (+ the structural angling of the belt itself, 20 degrees) the 410 mm thick belt will give roughly 460 mm of effective protection.

Add to that the fact Alaska penetrates about 460 mm at the same range, so it's very possible to get shatters on Yamato/Musashi, even if she is showing full broadside to you.

Sign in to follow this