Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Polnoch

CV update?

8 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
721 battles

Hello, I have stopped playing just before the CV update went live. Not because of it but because I went to play GW2 with irl friends. Before the update I have seen multiple poeple complaining about the update but I didn't pay much attention to it as people always complain about every major change. So today I decided to play one game just for fun because I miss the calm sea atmosphere. I went with my t4 ship, joined tier 3-4 game so all was good, I think I played well, I had goog damage and sunk 3 ships but we lost because their CV sunk 6 ships. Their CV totally devastated us. I mean I am no pro, but I have played couple of hundreds of games and have never seen this before. Were the predictions true and CV dominates games just like this???? Please tell me what is going on. Is this game even worth playing anymore? Thanks..

Players
1,007 posts
23,511 battles

The T4 CVs are totaly garbage. If a t4 sink 6 ships it should be a Lot of killsecures. The average damage of a T4 CV is around 20k. With 50k and one or Two Kills you are easy in Super Unicum Rating. So no. Not normal. 

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,113 battles

sealclubbing at T4 will always happen - and the new CVs are probably the worst class at it (debatable whether they're worse than pre-rework T4 CVs without manual drops....) Least amount of interaction with inexperienced opponents so least potential for outplays, and meh-at-best offensive potential to begin with resulting in very limited carry capacity.

So no, that example at T4 should not discourage you. A super unicum T10 CV is a different matter entirely, but you're quite a ways off running into that so you should be fine for a while yet^^ T6 and T8 CVs are in a pretty okay spot balance wise I'd say (although they are heavily affected by being up- or downtiered so your mileage with them and their influence on a given battle will vary greatly.

Players
2 posts
721 battles

Well I also have Iowa so what you wrote kind of scared me haha. But what do you guys overally think about this CV update? Honestly I haven't read any kind of feedback on it so I would appreciate any kind of first hand impression.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,417 posts
9,841 battles
24 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

sealclubbing at T4 will always happen - and the new CVs are probably the worst class at it (debatable whether they're worse than pre-rework T4 CVs without manual drops....)

For me Hosho was hilariously OP even with autodrop only. I cant compare new CVs, but a quick look at average damage id say:

New CVs are much worse on T4 than the old ones. Hosho was ofc much better than Langley because of the double TBs. That was basicly Permaflood at will, and even crossdrop possibility. And now flooding got changed too.

• Cool 1

[NEXT]
Players
5,845 posts
11,952 battles
49 minutes ago, Commander_Polnoch said:

people always complain about every major change.

Wise words

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,777 posts
21,329 battles

If a T4 CV can just kill 6 ships without stealing them all then your team has done something very, very wrong.

• Cool 1

Players
1,270 posts

Most likely the CV just went for enemy ships that had next to no HP left on them and got 6 easy kills.

Sign in to follow this