You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Inappropriate_noob

Is it worth it? to buy Dreadnought?

28 comments in this topic

[SHAD]
Players
3,544 posts
14,520 battles

I’m not sure I’d spend money on a T3. There aren’t that many people and you probably won’t play it much.

It is a good ship though.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,440 posts
9,841 battles

If you wanna go for a Premium which you would play more often than occasionally, id go for T5.

Atleast for me personaly, i wouldnt buy a T3 premium ship since i basicly wouldnt play it (ever). T5 ships are better, and i like Marblehead a lot (110 games played with it). But i wouldnt suggest getting her, its not that easy :Smile_smile:

• Cool 4

[SM0KE]
Players
6,712 posts
15,214 battles

In strict game terms, she's a T3 BB, with all that that implies i.e. don't expect splendour.

That said, I would have bought her myself, if I hadn't bagged a freebie already - it's Dreadnought, after all.

If you want to engage in a bit of unprincipled seal-clubbing, there are better choices, but she's splendid from the point for view of a history buff/collector...

• Cool 1

Players
3,558 posts

Ok I checked the other review of it and I am not convinced it is any good while I still have the Bellephron, I though i had the Konig to but that seems to have gone, maybe I sold it for some reason, I can't remember now

[CATS]
Players
30,129 posts
15,452 battles
13 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

To actually buy the Dreadnought, how does she compare to the Konig?

Comparing Tier III with V is a bit hard.

For her Tier she is very strong. But it is a Tier you usually rarely play.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,751 posts
46,438 battles
1 minute ago, NoobySkooby said:

Ok I checked the other review of it and I am not convinced it is any good while I still have the Bellephron, I though i had the Konig to but that seems to have gone, maybe I sold it for some reason, I can't remember now

I guess you mean König Albert (T3) and not König at T5. Nevertheless Dreadnought is the ship and if you have a good RN captain you can always teke advantage on 200% first win days etc. I rarely played her after the 25 bonus XP games that was included in the purchase of the Vanguard/dreadnought package but it all depends on your ship situation. Bellerophon is a better ship but Dreadnought you can use your high end captain in.

[OHFK]
Players
406 posts
9,866 battles

T3 battleship woth ZERO anti air and 2 carriers almost every game in the current meta.

She is a decent ship but the dispersion is like a shotgun and all you do is spam HE overmatching everything. But she is not worth spending money on, I got her through the in game mission and she is a port queen as of now due to the lack of anti air. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,558 posts
7 hours ago, Gnirf said:

I guess you mean König Albert (T3) and not König at T5. Nevertheless Dreadnought is the ship and if you have a good RN captain you can always teke advantage on 200% first win days etc. I rarely played her after the 25 bonus XP games that was included in the purchase of the Vanguard/dreadnought package but it all depends on your ship situation. Bellerophon is a better ship but Dreadnought you can use your high end captain in.

Yes sorry I did get them mixed up.

Players
3,558 posts
5 hours ago, TCG_OliveBranch said:

It seem you already have most of the premiums. Than buy her and put your collection :)

Lol this time round getting a little more wary  of wallet opening's, although I am waiting impatiently for HMS Indomitable, after hat I don't think there is anything else I want.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,639 posts

Uuuh id be carefoul with that one, i smell "right before the release mega nerfbat strike" (tm) incoming, be carefoul so you dont end up with a t8 port queen

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
15 ore fa, DFens_666 ha scritto:

i like Marblehead a lot (110 games played with it). But i wouldnt suggest getting her, its not that easy :Smile_smile:

Have you tried Murmansk? I bought it some months ago while it was 50% off (only 1500 doubloons) and I slap my 19 points Shchors captain on it when I need to help some new player.

Compared to Marblehead, it has more range (14,8km) and spotter plane (17,8km max range) , better AA and better krupp value on AP shells, but you lose 2 guns because it is a C hull Omaha; also I think the camo is really nice! :crab:

[CHEFT]
Players
12,440 posts
9,841 battles
1 hour ago, Bics93 said:

Have you tried Murmansk? I bought some months ago while it was 50% off (only 1500 doubloons) and I slap my 19 points Shchors captain on it when I need to help some new player.

Compared to Marblehead, it has more range (14,8km) and spotter plane (17,8km max range) , better AA and better krupp value on AP shells, but you lose 2 guns because it is a C hull Omaha; also I think the camo is really nice! :crab:

Nope dont have Murmansk, but i think it would be even better, since Marbleheads range is really pisspoor. Got even worse after CE got nerfed to 10% :Smile_sceptic:

Players
3,069 posts
22,584 battles

Currently, no premium at all is "worth it". The carrier rework has already destroyed about half of the game, with no turnaround in sight, and WG is busy undermining the other half.

And low-to-mid tier premiums without meaningful AA like Dreadnought, Arizona, West Virginia etc etc, are doubly not worth it.

Not worth money, and not worth the free time of F2P players.

You'll just be fodder in most games, which is very few people's idea of a fun gaming experience.

[CATS]
Players
30,129 posts
15,452 battles
1 hour ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

You'll just be fodder in most games, which is very few people's idea of a fun gaming experience.

In most games there is no CV....

We were at around 3.33% carrier ratio in all higher Tier battles last week. That is around 40% of all battles, if only one CV per side were possible. With multiple CV, the ratio is even lower.

[CATS]
Players
30,129 posts
15,452 battles
2 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Look at the title of this thread and read carefully.

Look at your post:

1 hour ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Currently, no premium at all is "worth it". The carrier rework has already destroyed about half of the game, with no turnaround in sight, and WG is busy undermining the other half.

And low-to-mid tier premiums without meaningful AA like Dreadnought, Arizona, West Virginia etc etc, are doubly not worth it.

Not worth money, and not worth the free time of F2P players.

[ONE2]
Players
3,144 posts
24,099 battles

Is she worth it? Hmm, difficult to say. I got mine as a reward for one thing or another (forgot what it was) and have only played a few games in her. I must say that, having ended up in 2 CV games every F***ing time - It is remarkably difficult to focus her AA to repel them annoying pests...:cap_rambo::etc_swear::Smile_sad:

Though other than that 1 leedle thingy, it's not a bad ship...:Smile_Default:

[AMOK]
Players
1,966 posts
8,728 battles
On 3/29/2019 at 8:19 PM, DFens_666 said:

... T5 ships are better, and i like Marblehead a lot (110 games played with it). But i wouldnt suggest getting her, its not that easy :Smile_smile:

Dirty little OP ship driving seal clubber^^ :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

Players
3,069 posts
22,584 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, ColonelPete sagte:

Look at your post:

And I of course stand by it.

Ever since last Friday, whatever your stats may say, there has been a surge. Most games were carrier games, even in the high tiers. Many of them were double carrier games. WG has shown no sign of letting up. To the contrary, they are releasing more carriers, more incentives, they are stepping up the promotion and the marketing. There may be the occasional lull ahead but by and large, carriers will remain in a much too large fraction of the games, despite polls over polls showing that most players hate this.

Until WG shows serious signs of stepping up to the problem, correcting the meta to one that the vast majority of players enjoys most of the time, WG needs to feel more pressure. Dunning-Kruger, sunk cost fallacy and all that.

[CATS]
Players
30,129 posts
15,452 battles
14 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

And I of course stand by it.

Ever since last Friday, whatever your stats may say, there has been a surge. Most games were carrier games, even in the high tiers. Many of them were double carrier games. WG has shown no sign of letting up. To the contrary, they are releasing more carriers, more incentives, they are stepping up the promotion and the marketing. There may be the occasional lull ahead but by and large, carriers will remain in a much too large fraction of the games, despite polls over polls showing that most players hate this.

Until WG shows serious signs of stepping up to the problem, correcting the meta to one that the vast majority of players enjoys most of the time, WG needs to feel more pressure. Dunning-Kruger, sunk cost fallacy and all that.

CV numbers did not change much last weeks.

Players
6,245 posts

I got it free for something, no clue what it was. Have had maybe one or two battles in her. I also have König Albert, another tier 3 BB which I never actually use at all. As others have already pointed out, t3 premiums have an extremely limited usability as missions start at tier V and above.

Personally, I find this incredibly sad because WG should really come up with game modes and/or challenges/operations which can be completed with below t5 ships. There is really no good reason not to do this, IMO.

• Cool 2