You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

Azuma coming in 0.8.2

159 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
2,893 posts
6,983 battles

Just read the patch notes and it appears that azuma is finalized and coming in 0.8.2.

On another note, i know that flamus review is outdated now, does anyone have a good up-to-date review they could link here?

Players
7,520 posts
245 battles

This is the latest review i could find of the azuma.

otherwise i can't find anything sooner than that.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,409 posts
9,841 battles

Im not sure if its worth to get tho...

Dont have a link, but i think ive seen Flamu play a couple of games in between, looked really MEH in my eyes.

• Cool 2

[YJKG]
Players
488 posts
23,356 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

Im not sure if its worth to get tho...

Dont have a link, but i think ive seen Flamu play a couple of games in between, looked really MEH in my eyes.

It's another IJN dud premium. Tsushima sure citadelled Russia hard to make sure they're still salty after all this time. :3

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3

[GRNPA]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
10,330 battles

I remember something about Azuma not having cruiser dispersion anymore, but rather Graf Spee dispersion, not sure what happened with that.

Also remember that the Azuma will be overmatched by every single BB it can meet (except for the Scharnhorst & KGV), while having a high above the water citadel and being bigger than some BBs it can possibly meet.

Unless you "just dodge" every shell fired at you, it is purely RNG if the Gneisenau tomatoe will citadel you or not, much fun tovarish. )))))

[BONI]
Players
1,259 posts
12,229 battles
Just now, avenger121 said:

I remember something about Azuma not having cruiser dispersion anymore, but rather Graf Spee dispersion, not sure what happened with that.

Also remember that the Azuma will be overmatched by every single BB it can meet (except for the Scharnhorst), while having a high above the water citadel and being bigger than some BBs it can possibly meet.

Unless you "just dodge" every shell fired at you, it is purely RNG if the Gneisenau tomatoe will citadel you or not.

Doesn't sound too different from Kron actually, so I'm guessing the armor isn't quite as reliable? Kron's armor generally protects you from cits if you angle it. Oh, you'll eat regular pens aplenty but the cit should be fine.

Players
10,360 posts
12,044 battles
4 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

Doesn't sound too different from Kron actually, so I'm guessing the armor isn't quite as reliable? Kron's armor generally protects you from cits if you angle it. Oh, you'll eat regular pens aplenty but the cit should be fine.

Kron Citadel is actually very low in the water, while overmatch pens you can to an extent soak up with totally balanced hp pool. Azuma, not so much.

• Cool 1

[GRNPA]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
10,330 battles
4 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

Azuma: 58k HP, high above the water citadel (same shape as Yamatos citadel), 178mm citadel armour belt

Kronshtadt: 71k HP, waterline citadel with layered armour, 230mm+90mm citadel armour belt

Kronshtadt is pretty difficult to citadel, Azuma eats citadels when you look at it.

• Cool 4

[DC_DK]
Players
3,058 posts
33,619 battles

Only going to get it because I'm sitting on 2.712.000 free xp have to use it for something

[KAKE]
Players
2,789 posts
6,795 battles

Can't say I'm super excited. When I get back up to 1 mill fxp I'd rather spend them on the Alaska, and then if it turns out to be a decent ship I'll get the Yoshino for coal.

[GRNPA]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
10,330 battles

I knew there was some clip about the Azuma out there:

Look at the HP, that was back when the Azuma had 71k HP, before he gets absolutely annihilated Flamu has 57k HP, while the upcoming version will have 58k HP.

Will you be blown up like this all the time, ofc not, but with this shitty armour and citadel layout you should expect to eat random citadels every match, which is just not fun at all in my books.

[SHAD]
Players
3,532 posts
14,494 battles

Hmm... waiting for Yoshino because I know I won’t play the Azuma once I’ve got it.

Shame they didn’t keep the Azuma as an accurate glass cannon, a T9 Molotov.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,748 posts
46,350 battles

With 1,8 Mil FreeXp and Alaska and everything else in port it is a FreeXP sink so not much choice other than to get. Rememeber it can always be played in coop to take advantage of snowfalke events and 200% First win and so on.

As a collector it is just to splash the cash (FreeXP):cap_money:

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,001 posts
10,174 battles
13 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

So can someone tl;dr me the differences between Azuma and Alaska?

Azuma has faster shells, no radar, worse dispersion and is easier to citadel?

• Cool 3

[-AP-]
Players
2,893 posts
6,983 battles
22 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Isnt azuma supposed to still have better dispersion than all the super cruisers, but worse than the version with crazy dispersion?

• Cool 1

Players
243 posts
18,435 battles
26 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Also, Azuma is just 5 letters long, as opposed to Alaska's 6. Both have two letters on the keyboard requiring and adjactent keystroke. This provides the same obstacle, so Azuma is still somewhat easier to type correctly - making the average WoWS player's life easier. Every little counts.

• Funny 7

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,618 posts

Having both kron and alaska (was more interested in it as real life ship then gameplay wise tbh) as well as stalin I couldnt care less, one day i might get it but tbh its near bottom of my freemium priority list, zao and atago do just fine for my ijn incinerator needs

[BONI]
Players
1,259 posts
12,229 battles

Yeah, I don't think I'll be getting it. I honestly don't see the point in having a ship and then a straight upgrade of that ship (Yoshino). t9 Azuma is something for impatient people, ship collectors and IJN fans. It'll be obsolete as soon as Yoshino hits the armory. Besides, I  want to see what Benham is going to cost first.

[WTFNO]
Players
144 posts

I've got mine for Free XP but it's an underwhelming ship with no identity. I would have gladly bought the Admiral's Package for cash but I won't support boring ship design. She won't get played much, I bet.

Players
152 posts
18,618 battles

Think I will pass on this ship. Seems to be a bit to boring, and I can not justify spending 1 mil free exp on it.  I am looking forward to the Yoshino though.