natswright

more than one Division on a random game

14 comments in this topic

[WITCH]
Players
139 posts
4,946 battles

Hiya,

The limit of 3 ships a division makes it tricky to pay the game with my friends when there are more than 3, is there a way for us to get 2 divisions into the same game on the same side?

[CATS]
Players
30,043 posts
15,430 battles
10 minutes ago, natswright said:

Hiya,

The limit of 3 ships a division makes it tricky to pay the game with my friends when there are more than 3, is there a way for us to get 2 divisions into the same game on the same side?

Yes, luck.

Meet in a voice chat channel. Get all ready. One counts in and all press battle at the same time.

There is a good chance to be in the same battle and if really lucky, to be on the same team.

Otherwise play operations.

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Clan Test Coordinator
1,597 posts
21,623 battles

No reliable one, at least not in randoms.

This is deliberate, you can imagine what 6 or more coordinated and decent players can do to a team of random bobs.

Best you can do is pick ships of matching tiers of ideally diverse classes and nations since MM matches teams according to both criteria and click into battle at the same time.

For Operations you can have a division of up to 7 players though.

• Cool 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
15 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Yes, luck.

Meet in a voice chat channel. Get all ready. One counts in and all press battle at the same time.

There is a good chance to be in the same battle and if really lucky, to be on the same team.

Just to add to that:

If you drop on opposite sides of the same match play seriously. Do not give the other team hints, do not provide them with easy kills. Play to win against them, as they should play to win against you.

• Cool 5

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
20,276 battles
1 hour ago, rnat said:

+1 to this.

Additionally you will have a choice from ALL the operations live as opposed to the "Operation of the Week"

Operations are VERY Good to teaching Teamwork and Co-ordination.

The Bots also spawn (in more or less) the same places so you can work this to gain XP.  Not recommending just doing them for farming purposes.

(The bots sometimes spawn in alternative positions - but this is rare (eg Narai) or common (eg Defence of Naval Station Newport) based on the Operation.)

When they have taught CVs how to fly planes in the new, 'improved' environment more Operations should become available again.

• Cool 2

[WITCH]
Players
139 posts
4,946 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Yes, luck.

Thanks, I've looked at operations, but it seems limited to T6 ships, and most of my friends are some way off that! Will get there in the end!

[WITCH]
Players
139 posts
4,946 battles
2 hours ago, Egoleter said:

Just to add to that:

If you drop on opposite sides of the same match play seriously. Do not give the other team hints, do not provide them with easy kills. Play to win against them, as they should play to win against you.

Hehe, i always give no quarter!!

[WITCH]
Players
139 posts
4,946 battles
2 hours ago, rnat said:

No reliable one, at least not in randoms.

This is deliberate, you can imagine what 6 or more coordinated and decent players can do to a team of random bobs.

Best you can do is pick ships of matching tiers of ideally diverse classes and nations since MM matches teams according to both criteria and click into battle at the same time.

Thanks. So are the Operations PvE only or a mix of PvP and PvE?  Have to say, when you get teamwork, games are awesome! Played one match the other night 4v4 and we won it 1000 to 991 At one point they had all 3 caps, but after my DD knocked out their CV the tables turned. Eventually it was my DD and a friendly CL, vs their last DD. With the enemy points fast approaching 1000, and only 1 cap under our control, I chased the DD away, while we gained another cap. Then the CL took up the chase as I used my last speed boost to take the last cap with them on 991. Was a fab game! 

Players
853 posts
907 battles
2 hours ago, rnat said:

More 'roflstomps' anyone?  :cap_haloween:

Your idea/suggestion, natswright, is not a good one.

2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

One counts in and all press battle at the same time

The potential exploit is, apparently, here/there already.  :cap_haloween:

[AAO]
Clan Test Coordinator
1,597 posts
21,623 battles
11 minutes ago, natswright said:

Thanks. So are the Operations PvE only or a mix of PvP and PvE?

They're scripted (with some variability) PvE scenarios where the bots tend to outnumber you at any given time in the match.

Can be loads of fun if you're into that sort of stuff and like to balance between stomping on your foes and getting zerged by them.

Edit: Is it just me or does that sound like playing on a weekend ?

10 minutes ago, antean said:

No more of an exploit than randomly getting a TWA and OMNI div in the same team.

Btw asking if it's possible to play with more friends does not mean it's a proposal to include it :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[WITCH]
Players
139 posts
4,946 battles
18 minutes ago, antean said:

More 'roflstomps' anyone?  :cap_haloween:

Your idea/suggestion, natswright, is not a good one.

I wanst suggesting anything, just asking how the PvP gameplay mechanics work! I'm still pretty new to the game so have a lot to learn!

Players
10,359 posts
12,044 battles
37 minutes ago, antean said:

You're like 8 years late as such tictac was common in World of Tanks since beginning

39 minutes ago, natswright said:

Thanks. So are the Operations PvE only or a mix of PvP and PvE?  Have to say, when you get teamwork, games are awesome! Played one match the other night 4v4 and we won it 1000 to 991 At one point they had all 3 caps, but after my DD knocked out their CV the tables turned. Eventually it was my DD and a friendly CL, vs their last DD. With the enemy points fast approaching 1000, and only 1 cap under our control, I chased the DD away, while we gained another cap. Then the CL took up the chase as I used my last speed boost to take the last cap with them on 991. Was a fab game! 

Operations are purely PvE with clearly defined objectives to meet, though looking at most random players, its not clear ENOUGH. And I'm afraid unless WG develops some option to b!tchslap someone through the screen it will stay that way:cap_old:

4v4 game sounds like playing at very odd hours with not enough people to fill up the ranks.

[WITCH]
Players
139 posts
4,946 battles
13 minutes ago, Panocek said:

You're like 8 years late as such tictac was common in World of Tanks since beginning

Operations are purely PvE with clearly defined objectives to meet, though looking at most random players, its not clear ENOUGH. And I'm afraid unless WG develops some option to b!tchslap someone through the screen it will stay that way:cap_old:

4v4 game sounds like playing at very odd hours with not enough people to fill up the ranks.

It was quite late at night!

Players
3,059 posts
22,524 battles
Am 29.3.2019 um 15:27, natswright sagte:

Thanks, I've looked at operations, but it seems limited to T6 ships, and most of my friends are some way off that! Will get there in the end!

Tier 6 and above, actually.

However, if you focus your efforts (and your best power camos and signals) on just one or two ships, the grind is fairly quick, even as F2P player. Just read up on the OPs, coordinate you grinds amongst each other so you don't end up with six DDs but with a good, synergetic mix of ships, and you're set in no time. It might mean that each of you only has one and the same ship to play in OPs for a while, but that way, at least you get very used to its strengths and weaknesses. It also puts all of you on a 20 min Operations break after each run, as long as you don't have a second ship on the go, so better have enough beer at the ready.

Also, there are ways to get individual days of "free" premium account time more or less selectively. For example:

Buy days in the Arsenal Armory for Florins from the Fly-Strike-Win event. Especially if you don't have any interest in owning aircraft carriers.

Or play a lot of space battles (which is advisable anyway since you get maxed-out captains, which let you experiment a little with different commander skill builds) and buy premium days in the Armory for the Ironium currency.

And you can buy "Battle of the North Cape" containers from the Armory for coal.

Each time you finish one subcollection, it's one day of premium time, increasing your credit and XP earnings.

Usually you get a lot of duplicates, and you can buy missing items for several of those. So that lets you mostly save those days for whenever you have a free day to do a lot of grinding, possibly together with some other guys.

Also, even though it might a bit much for you guys at this stage, but nevertheless I'd like to point out that you could also look at Clan Battles.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Clans#Starting_a_Clan

You need Tier X ships and need to have a clan, either found a clan yourselves or join an existing clan that lets you guys play CBs. There are solo player clans out there that might value your oil contribution. I was in such a clan myself and it was a pain to get a few players together even for a single CB but for a group of friends, that would be no problem, and it doesn't hurt anybody else in the clan.

Now Tier X is definitely a long grind away. Even though it can go much faster today than a year ago, let alone two or three years ago.

On the other hand, you only need to lay your hands on a single Tier VIII ship and play one battle to gain rental Tier X ships you could use. Even though they have slightly worse concealment than the regular version as they cannot carry camouflage.

Still, even Tier VIII is a fairly long grind (if you decide against simply buying a Tier VIII premium ship) (and there are many good reasons not to do that). And also beginners will get clobbered fairly brutally a lot of the times in Clan Battles, even though you do come across some astonishingly weak teams every once in a while.

But I still thought I'd mention it because it is the most fun and the coolest group experience I've had in this game.

And there are no carriers.

Sign in to follow this