MrConway

Update 0.8.2 - CV changes

66 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,347 posts
3,863 battles

Captains,

Early access to the carriers is finally coming to an end, and British aircraft carriers are taking their official place in the Tech Tree. Those ships already familiar to players from the previous update will be supplemented with researchable Tier X aircraft carrier X Audacious. She can boast of her aircraft's combat efficiency being the most impressive in the game. Her attack aircraft and bombers carry a large number of rockets and bombs, and the converging torpedo cone of her torpedo bombers enable them to accurately attack the enemy's bow or stern when fully aimed, in addition to their broadsides.

Check out the full article here. Feel free to leave feedback below!

Should your feedback concern one of the following topics, please leave feedback in the thread linked below.

• Angry 1

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,270 posts

With 0.8.2 update. Did you fix the cosmetic issue with the T8 CV planes not showing torps or bombs on them Only rockets are displayed on upgraded planes.

Beta Tester
3,371 posts
6,485 battles
20 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

With 0.8.2 update. Did you fix the cosmetic issue with the T8 CV planes not showing torps or bombs on them Only rockets are displayed on upgraded planes.

Bombs and Torpedos can be stored in bombbays, so it is normal that they do not show up.

On another note. When will you revert the Ui change or give us the option to set the "alternativ mode" as the standard?

Also the UI in the port is still fucke up since the PTS. I even reported it in the survey...And it is pretty easy to spotshot-19_04.01_11_08_08-0089.thumb.jpg.3cf6923b293a0d356e3e328e91864af1.jpgshot-19_04.01_11_08.10-0433.thumb.jpg.ebe0f67ff99a675880dd04ee1d52d511.jpg

Why do i have to scroll to see my modules? WTF

Beta Tester
3,371 posts
6,485 battles
3 hours ago, Ravco said:

Click on "Upgrades" instead of "consumables", then you won't have to scroll.

It still needs fixing... As it was not like this before and does not seem to be on all Ships/CV.

Players
11 posts
19,558 battles

I dont really know if I this is bug or if it is intended, but I found this

I've been testing it in many CVs, and it's easily triggered:

As you already know, if you use all your boost, your speed starts decreasing when it ends.
Well so now get in that situation; you've used your entire boost charge, and you're at 0 boost. You decide to press your "speed boost" consumable to get back your speed.
Supposedly, you're gonna get top speed while that consumable is "active" (5 seconds iirc), and then you're getting a full boost charge. And I said supposedly, cause it doesnt happen anymore.
If you use your consumable when you have NO boost available (and you're still pressing W), you wont get any speed out of it during those 5 seconds in which the consumable is "active", and you will have to wait for it to "deactivate" to actually get speed back.

On the other hand, if you use your speed boost consumable BEFORE your speed starts dropping (when your boost charge hasnt ended yet), you will maintain your top speed both while consumable is "active" and when it ends.

I just want to know if this will keep like this or if it's a bug, because it's a bit stressing :fish_panic:

• Cool 2

[NOCAP]
Players
5,746 posts
12,996 battles

Encountered 2 new bugs

- one of my bomber squads didn't return to the carrier. It was just there standing midair for 3 minutes or so, while you can also see on the minimap that another bomber squad went home as intended. 

- Drop, bomb sounds appears, no bombs are getting released. 

02-04-_2019_19-42-16.jpg

Players
8 posts
6,213 battles

Is it a "feature" that now almost always after a strike the strikewave dies before going to orbit and returning to carrier? Most of the time it seems that the enemy isn't even being rewarded a kill for the planes but they just don't return? It ain't much fun getting deplaned by striking a lone BB and not losing planes going in, but losing all the ones that striked after they are not anymore in my control... Also encountered this bug multiple times where if you F recall the planes, they just stay on the map and don't return or replenish. Not even going to go into bomb gravity changes.

Beta Tester
3,371 posts
6,485 battles
15 hours ago, MikkoZ98 said:

Not even going to go into bomb gravity changes.

Tahts how WG "fixes" a bug with the physics of  Bombs... Not fixing the Problem but reducing the speed of the bombs so that the bug is less noticable... But hey who cares that when you drop bombs from high altitute (RN CV much?) and need to wait 8s to get control of your planes back? Oh and getting a headache from the irradic camera movements that happen when you steer your squadron while still following your Bombs is totally fine.

• Cool 1

[YJKG]
Players
488 posts
22,656 battles

Okay since I’m getting fed up with the vitriol I get thrown at me for playing CVs when I don’t even enjoy them anymore due to the incandescent amount of excessive nerfing I’ll deploy my next stratagem, I call it:

How to fix CVs, shortlist edition:

1.      Change MM to either give CVs top tier MM at all times or -1/+1 so balancing AA becomes easier while reducing the amount of CVs per side to 1 for T10 and 2 to T4-8.

2.      Make DBs take significantly less damage, right now they take significantly more damage when striking a target and that makes them unviable when uptiered, more so for the IJN line who already suffer from weak paper aircraft.

3.      Reduce the AA from specific ships like Minotaur and Worcester; if they have 9km AA range and 10km concealment you basically fly into their AA flak walls and die before you get a chance to react meaning you have 0 counter play which is frustrating.

4.      Undo the nerfs to IJN CVs, buff Midway’s stabilization to match Haku’s as they are now and do something to make the Clusterbombs more reliable. Atm the Clusterbombs are the equivalent of firing buck shot at a target 200m away; you might hit something with 1 of the bombs for minimal damage.

5.      Give us ship control back, I’m still getting stuck on islands randomly that aren’t even in my plotted auto pilot route and can’t correct it without sending my planes home which is irritating.

6.      Buff lower tier AA on ships so they can at least defend against CV strikes but not to the point where it’s just yolo solo sailing time because you can wipe out planes without a thought.

7.      Give CVs a targeted fighter that can be deployed from the ship’s hull to any ship in the fleet to provide AA support; fighters will have to deploy from the ship and travel to the ship in need of assistance and will have to have a cooldown but at least this gives more control than “deploy patrol fighter” does. Right now there is a distinct lack of counterplay; it’s just deploy fighter VS deploy fighter and rake in some plane kills.

8.      If none of the above is possible, just revert to the RTS Master Race system; it was less buggy and less infuriating in many ways. Change it so CVs have unlimited planes but planes carry fuel and thus have a limited deployment time and range and if a squadron doesn’t return it’ll take a larger ‘refueling’ penalty like we had in the old system.

If your goal was to make CVs more accessable to new players, you’ve failed. If your goal was to nerf CVs into the ground in preparation for them to go way of WoT’s artillery… that’d be a success! And if it was to facilitate console gameplay… I guess it’s a success?

If you want CVs to be more accessable and less of a skill wall; if you want them to be fun and engaging (not like detonation mind you) you will need to make some if not all of the above changes in my honest opinion.

That’s not even touching on the premium CVs, of the 3 I own I feel Enterprise is in an okay spot, Saipan needs some adjustments and Kaga needs some major adjustments to her planes. (Aka minimum of Shoukaku’s stock planes in terms of stats, though more likely just flat out Shoukaku top planes) Can’t wait for Graf to show up so I can rate her; kinda curious but she’s being held back from sale til after the lootboxes so I guess I’ll refrain from commenting on her for now by lack of testing.

Long story short, CVs are in a bad spot right now; here’s my ideas on how to fix it so you can achieve your goal of making CVs more popular, take from it what you will, I feel that I’ve done all I can to try and help WG; if that help is discarded and deemed unwanted so be it, but you can’t say I haven’t tried after playing over 300 games of the new CV and deeming it a colossal, monumental failure that is en par with Fallout 76 and Anthem.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,458 posts
20,571 battles

RN attack planes should be a bit faster. I realize that this is supposed to be one of their national flavors but right now they are way too slow.

RN Level Bombers are practically unusable at any tier but T10 due to insufficient HE penetration. Either buff that or bomb falling speed.

Neither non-linear AA nor lower immunity altitude for attack wings have had noticable impact on plane survivability in my experience. Could just be me tho.

• Cool 2

Players
214 posts
11,481 battles

Just a small suggestion and thought towards CV balancing overall ingame. Why not work it from an AA perspective instead of just fiddling with the strength of CV planes and strikes? 

At the moment I find that individually speaking CVs are in a good spot with regards to alpha damage dealing and plane attributes (e.g. spotting, speed, squadron size and replacement). But playing as a BB main too I think that a major reason why surface ship players grief about CVs so much is because their AA has been made to feel less than efficient against planes now. Most ships ingame have AA ranges now that are only really suitable for self-defence, and even with buffed continuous AA damage output for ships in general it just doesn't feel like a decent tradeoff for not being able to hit planes coming in from further away. 

My suggestion would be to nerf continuous AA damage by say around 5 to 10% across all ship classes, in exchange for a 20% buff in AA range for all ship classes too. Yes CV planes will get hit by AA further out, but short of running into those big flak clouds they will be taking less continuous AA damage during their run-in despite getting affected by AA further out. Of course this will mean that CV players who can manage their plane speed boosts well to minimise their time spent in AA auras will benefit and get strikes in the same way they are doing now, and it means surface ship players also stand a better chance at killing planes from average CV players coming in at normal speeds from their max AA range inwards. This would also solve the issue of clumping ingame at the moment which makes for incredibly passive and static gameplay, since with increased AA ranges even with lower continuous DPS overall players would naturally treat it as a sort-of placebo to spread out more and be more aggressive in their playstyles instead of huddling together for AA cover. 

Also, there needs to be a way to rework Defensive AA consumables. Before 0.8.0 DFAA worked fine by restricting CV drops to wide spreads and increasing damage output of AA on planes when activated. Perhaps this should be reintroduced now in 0.8.2? Make it so that triggering DFAA doubles the time for aiming/arming reticles on CV planes to focus, as well as providing a short spike in continuous AA DPS during the time that DFAA is active. RNG-reliant Flak isn't the answer to AA dynamics, continuous AA DPS and range is ultimately what will really balance out a CV's potential to strike against a surface ship's ability to defend itself. 

• Cool 1

Players
214 posts
11,481 battles
13 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

RN attack planes should be a bit faster. I realize that this is supposed to be one of their national flavors but they right now they are way too slow.

RN Level Bombers are practically unusable at any tier but T10 due to insufficient HE penetration. Either buff that or bomb falling speed.

Neither non-linear AA nor lower immunity altitude for attack wings have had noticable impact on plane survivability in my experience. Could just be me tho.

Agree on RN attack planes needing a speed boost overall. Questionable however as to your assertion that RN level bombers are unusable. I could cope just fine with the increased drop time on RN HE bombs by leading further ahead, and since those are HE bombs anyway penetration doesn't matter as much as breaking modules and setting fires everywhere, which RN HE bombs excel in doing. 

[RPS]
Players
31 posts
5,502 battles

So as a non-CV player, my issues with the old CVs were mainly:

1. Cross torps being very hard to dodge. Usually required an incompetent CV player, defensive AA fire, and/or manual AA/prioritisation.
  2. AP bombs were really stupid. No other ship can score citadels so easily, and to such devastating effect. My kronshtadt got straight up deleted once at the start of the match by two AP squads.
  3. Multiple CVs ruined the game, except maybe at T4 and 5 where they got deplaned easily and the skill level was low.
  4. A significant difference in CV skill was enough to swing the match decisively in one direction or the other.

Literally all these issues still remain, with new ones added:

1. Multiple Drops Are Really Stupid:
    Cross torping is one drop is gone, assuming there's only one CV in the match. However, having 3 or more drops per squad means that unless the CV potatoes, their planes die, or you're in a very agile ship, it's very hard to dodge all drops.
    1. This isn't even just a problem with torps anymore, you have to deal with multiple drops from all three types of strike aircraft.
    2. In the old system, you could dodge once, maximum twice, and then be safe for a while.
    3. Combined with new planes reaching you in 30s, you have no respite if the carrier really wants to focus on you. game ruined, yay.
    4. Having to focus for so long on the planes distracts heavily from the surface fight with other ships, and leaves you vulnerable to exposing broadsides to multiple angles. Not dodging and maintaining your angling simply means you eat 10-20k (or more) from HE or AP bombs (or multiple torpedoes).
    5. AA doesn't appear to spread drops too much (since now it's more to do with not adjusting the trajectory)
  2. AP Bombs Are Still A Terrible Idea: To make it worse, now they have 3 or more runs.
  3. Multiple CVs are still here, even at Tier X: 
    Seriously it's really bad please get rid of it. It's insufferable above T4 CVs. It's not uncommon to be focused by both CVs and it really just makes me want to stop playing. Carriers don't even get deplaned anymore.
    1. At higher tier you basically need to lemming otherwise you'll just die. DDs can hardly do much unless the carriers are somewhat incompetent.
  4. Skill can still swing a game heavily: 
    While true of all classes, a competent CV player can still swing the game heavily for their side. Given all the other issues above, it's really painful.
    1. Competent players manage to ignore AA, even of multiple ships
    2. Bad players lose all their ships and are generally useless, and then complain about AA being too strong on forums... :etc_swear:
  5. CVs of different tiers need different rebalancing vs AA of similar tiers: 
    Wargaming seems to be applying a sledgehammer when it comes to balancing CVs and AA, whereas I think it needs to be done keeping in mind the meta at each level of matchmaking.
    1. In my opinion, T4 could do with a buff, T6 is fine, T8 is a bit strong and T10 is way too strong and needs a nerf. This only applies if there won't be multiple CVs.
    2. If multiple CVs are to continue, then T4 doesn't need changes but all other tiers need to see a serious AA buff. 
    3. AA needs a buff at mid tiers regardless of multiple CVs.
    4. Some ships at higher tiers need an AA buff, especially to their range. I'm thinking of cruisers like Hindenburg (5.2km at T10? Hipper and Roon had something like 6km before the rework), but from what I can tell a lot of ships seem to be under-performing compared to pre-rework (Des Moins, Worcester, Tirpitz, Gneisenau/Scharnhorst, among others).
  6. Infinite Planes is still a bad idea
    1. You lose way too much AA towards mid game and late game, especially if you're playing a battleship properly and tanking well, or making risky DD plays
    2. Defensive AA charges are finite
    3. Still quite easy to maintain a steady flow of planes as a CV, as long as you switch types in each run it's fine
  7. Very little CV vs CV play
  8. As a ship, it's not obvious how close to islands CVs can strike: Especially a problem with British CVs with their short arming fuse.
    1. This is made worse by the fact that AA no longer ignores islands.
    2. As a side effect, combined with increased spotting, it makes it really hard for ships that relied on island cover.

TL;DR: Suggestions:

1. Only one CV per match
  2. CVs should be limited to +/- 1 tier for their matchmaking
  3. Limit drops per sortie to 2 at most for T6 to T10.
  4. AA of T6-8 need a serious buff to AA, T9 and T10 less so, but they still need it for some ships (especially range)
  5. Either increase the time between squadron launches, decrease the speed or boost of the aircraft, remove the infinite plane mechanic, or make the defensive AA consumable have infinite charges for all ships (similar to the atlanta)
  6. Increase the survivability of AA mounts on destroyers, battleships and low/mid tier cruisers.
  7. Remove AP bombs or decrease their damage output significantly
  8. Maybe make it harder for planes to drop their payload close to islands? Unless they're very flat, i guess.
  9. Flak doesn't feel very effective to be honest, unless there are multiple ships with strong AA.
  10. Attacking multiple ships should be hard, that's literally the one hard counter there is to carriers at the moment. (i.e. i don't think non-linear damage is a good idea).
  11. Maybe Def AA should increase the spread of the drop/prevent it from getting narrower?
  12. Remove CVs please

I think that's all i have in mind at the moment.

Edited by Ninjitsu_is_SK
remembered some stuff
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
214 posts
11,481 battles

^I'm lazy to quote the entire post above me so I'll just reply in a short and sweet manner. 

Looking at point 6 about "CVs having infinite planes"... REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Why does this myth REFUSE TO DIE? CVs don't have infinite planes! Sure it is a lot harder to run out of them, that's only because now with the new CVs you could send out strike squads at less than full strength anytime. And I don't need to tell you that squads that are not at full strength die A LOT FASTER to the same AA of the same ship being struck simply because the AA DPS is split between fewer planes. Believe me I've seen CVs straight up run out of planes before against my Iowa when I was closing in on one of them in late game; he was losing planes so fast the moment he launched them because he was inside of 6km to me that the autoreplenish for his squads simply couldn't keep up with the rate he was losing planes. 

Also, the new CVs are far less likely to straight up delete a single ship all by itself if it's anything bigger than a DD. With the old CVs I could wipe out pretty much any ship short of a CV with multiple squads striking it at the same time in one go, or leave it on a sliver of health for my team to finish off with surface guns. That's totally eliminated with the new CVs because their ordnance has been gimped so hard. You're lucky to get more than 25% flooding ratio with all your torp hits in game, and more than 50% fire chance with all your rocket and DB strikes ingame. Not to mention they last a lot shorter now too (especially flooding). Without multiple drops with the individual squads CVs would be straight up crap and utterly defanged ingame. More surface ships now die thanks to CVs spotting them for surface ships to kill than from CVs outright. 

AP bombs are not a horrible idea. For one, they're historical, and for two, they're pretty much a 50/50 dice roll between you getting minimal overpen damage and chunking huge citadel hits. That's fair. You use AP bombs when you feel lucky and want to gamble. Same as pretty much all BB gameplay by players who predominantly shoot AP shells instead of HE ones. 

Skill can swing a game heavily, and it's not restricted to just CVs. I can argue that a skilled player in a cruiser or a BB or a DD can swing a game in an even bigger fashion than CVs, especially when CVs rely so heavily on DOT to rack up their damage dealt scores now whereas pretty much every other squad can keep up a steady drumbeat of alpha damage with their main guns, with the occasional citadels and torpedo strikes thrown in to spike those numbers up. CVs don't have that luxury at all. 

WG has already said they are getting rid of 2v2 CVs in high tier (read: T8 and up) games. So that's sorted. 

About the only point I can agree with the post above is about rebalancing AA. As noted in my own post, WG should focus on balancing AA based on range instead of DPS, because surface fleet players like myself feel gimped AA ranges far more than gimped AA DPS. Not like you can do much to influence your AA DPS being accurate anymore; before the rework you could select individual squads and your AA would pour everything into melting them down, post rework you just have to hope that you've done your best to do what anemic buffing of continuous AA DPS you can with your captain skills and mods, and hope that RNG puts the flak clouds in the right places to melt enemy planes that can dodge them in midair too. 

Players
1,301 posts
19,580 battles

So what's the deal with Midway's HE bombers stealth nerf (change)? I don't see anything in patch notes but the attack sequence for HE bombers is definitively changed (shortened).

It's a Richard move changing ships parameters without letting us know (or maybe I've missed it somewhere)

Any comments @MrConway?

Beta Tester
3,371 posts
6,485 battles
26 minutes ago, quickr said:

So what's the deal with Midway's HE bombers stealth nerf (change)? I don't see anything in patch notes but the attack sequence for HE bombers is definitively changed (shortened).

It's a Richard move changing ships parameters without letting us know (or maybe I've missed it somewhere)

Any comments @MrConway?

I did not notice that. What I did notice, and first thoughg as unique to the T 10 RN CV, it that bombs drop FAAAAAARRR slower than before. I suspect this to be a consequence of their "bug fix" for the bombs landing outside of the aiming reticle. If you fail to fix the physics just set other paramters so that the physics glitch won'`t happen anymore, or as often.

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
517 posts
31,230 battles
11 hours ago, Ninjitsu_is_SK said:

So as a non-CV player, my issues with the old CVs were mainly:

1. Cross torps being very hard to dodge. Usually required an incompetent CV player, defensive AA fire, and/or manual AA/prioritisation.
  2. AP bombs were really stupid. No other ship can score citadels so easily, and to such devastating effect. My kronshtadt got straight up deleted once at the start of the match by two AP squads.
  3. Multiple CVs ruined the game, except maybe at T4 and 5 where they got deplaned easily and the skill level was low.
  4. A significant difference in CV skill was enough to swing the match decisively in one direction or the other.

Literally all these issues still remain, with new ones added:

1. Multiple Drops Are Really Stupid:
    Cross torping is one drop is gone, assuming there's only one CV in the match. However, having 3 or more drops per squad means that unless the CV potatoes, their planes die, or you're in a very agile ship, it's very hard to dodge all drops.
    1. This isn't even just a problem with torps anymore, you have to deal with multiple drops from all three types of strike aircraft.
    2. In the old system, you could dodge once, maximum twice, and then be safe for a while.
    3. Combined with new planes reaching you in 30s, you have no respite if the carrier really wants to focus on you. game ruined, yay.
    4. Having to focus for so long on the planes distracts heavily from the surface fight with other ships, and leaves you vulnerable to exposing broadsides to multiple angles. Not dodging and maintaining your angling simply means you eat 10-20k (or more) from HE or AP bombs (or multiple torpedoes).
    5. AA doesn't appear to spread drops too much (since now it's more to do with not adjusting the trajectory)
  2. AP Bombs Are Still A Terrible Idea: To make it worse, now they have 3 or more runs.
  3. Multiple CVs are still here, even at Tier X: 
    Seriously it's really bad please get rid of it. It's insufferable above T4 CVs. It's not uncommon to be focused by both CVs and it really just makes me want to stop playing. Carriers don't even get deplaned anymore.
    1. At higher tier you basically need to lemming otherwise you'll just die. DDs can hardly do much unless the carriers are somewhat incompetent.
  4. Skill can still swing a game heavily: 
    While true of all classes, a competent CV player can still swing the game heavily for their side. Given all the other issues above, it's really painful.
    1. Competent players manage to ignore AA, even of multiple ships
    2. Bad players lose all their ships and are generally useless, and then complain about AA being too strong on forums... :etc_swear:
  5. CVs of different tiers need different rebalancing vs AA of similar tiers: 
    Wargaming seems to be applying a sledgehammer when it comes to balancing CVs and AA, whereas I think it needs to be done keeping in mind the meta at each level of matchmaking.
    1. In my opinion, T4 could do with a buff, T6 is fine, T8 is a bit strong and T10 is way too strong and needs a nerf. This only applies if there won't be multiple CVs.
    2. If multiple CVs are to continue, then T4 doesn't need changes but all other tiers need to see a serious AA buff. 
    3. AA needs a buff at mid tiers regardless of multiple CVs.
    4. Some ships at higher tiers need an AA buff, especially to their range. I'm thinking of cruisers like Hindenburg (5.2km at T10? Hipper and Roon had something like 6km before the rework), but from what I can tell a lot of ships seem to be under-performing compared to pre-rework (Des Moins, Worcester, Tirpitz, Gneisenau/Scharnhorst, among others).
  6. Infinite Planes is still a bad idea
    1. You lose way too much AA towards mid game and late game, especially if you're playing a battleship properly and tanking well, or making risky DD plays
    2. Defensive AA charges are finite
    3. Still quite easy to maintain a steady flow of planes as a CV, as long as you switch types in each run it's fine
  7. Very little CV vs CV play
  8. As a ship, it's not obvious how close to islands CVs can strike: Especially a problem with British CVs with their short arming fuse.
    1. This is made worse by the fact that AA no longer ignores islands.
    2. As a side effect, combined with increased spotting, it makes it really hard for ships that relied on island cover.

TL;DR: Suggestions:

1. Only one CV per match
  2. CVs should be limited to +/- 1 tier for their matchmaking
  3. Limit drops per sortie to 2 at most for T6 to T10.
  4. AA of T6-8 need a serious buff to AA, T9 and T10 less so, but they still need it for some ships (especially range)
  5. Either increase the time between squadron launches, decrease the speed or boost of the aircraft, remove the infinite plane mechanic, or make the defensive AA consumable have infinite charges for all ships (similar to the atlanta)
  6. Increase the survivability of AA mounts on destroyers, battleships and low/mid tier cruisers.
  7. Remove AP bombs or decrease their damage output significantly
  8. Maybe make it harder for planes to drop their payload close to islands? Unless they're very flat, i guess.
  9. Flak doesn't feel very effective to be honest, unless there are multiple ships with strong AA.
  10. Attacking multiple ships should be hard, that's literally the one hard counter there is to carriers at the moment. (i.e. i don't think non-linear damage is a good idea).
  11. Maybe Def AA should increase the spread of the drop/prevent it from getting narrower?
  12. Remove CVs please

I think that's all i have in mind at the moment.

Now before producing more stuff like this go and play your first geme on cv.

Because you not played a single one.

• Bad 3

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,347 posts
3,863 battles
13 hours ago, quickr said:

Any comments @MrConway?

We don't stealth nerf. We've seen reports of similar accusations regarding the falling speed for UK CV bombs and investigated thoroughly, yet could not find any change.

If you can send me some evidence of this I will gladly escalate it. I would suggest using YT videos pre- and post 0.8.2, you should be able to see any changes there.

[TAW]
Players
29 posts
8,334 battles

BUG - Boosting with Rocket planes

I noticed on British T8 CV Implaceable if you are not boosting, ie it has ran out or finished, apply your boost regeneration - you cannot boost during the timed "unlimited" period. This was happening ALOT even after a restart - I can probably clip some moments from my stream if it would be beneficial.

edit: My bad I can see someone has already reported this. At first I thought it was a change but the description 100% says you can boost during it.

Players
10,214 posts
11,991 battles

Since fixing of Catapult Fighters despawning bug, is it intended for them to be THE best CV counter as of now? They are guaranteed plane kill, which doesn't mix well with newly UK carriers and their tiny squadrons with borderline obscene restoring times, outrunning them isn't an option either.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,458 posts
20,571 battles

Indeed Catapult Fighters are now actually a better option for air defense than DFAA.

Players
1,301 posts
19,580 battles
8 hours ago, MrConway said:

We don't stealth nerf.

I'll take your word for it. I need to test it a bit more. Might be I just lost my touch, haven't played CVs in a while.

I don't have any definitive proof but something feels off. Has anyone else reported/experianced same issues when it comes to Midways HE bombers?