Sign in to follow this  
MrConway

Update 0.8.2 - Space Battles (Space Assault, Rings of Saturn, Binary Star, Torpedo Beats)

68 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,343 posts
3,850 battles

Captains,

Our spaceships are being prepared for battle! April Fool's Day in nearly here, which means that the time is almost upon us to travel to space once again to fight among the stars. 

Check out the full article here. Feel free to leave feedback below!

Should your feedback concern one of the following topics, please leave feedback in the thread linked below.

• Bad 2

[ALONE]
Modder
2,226 posts
13,936 battles

Current battle ist just normal High-tier-campfest - would like to play them in coop. :Smile_great:

Somewhat disappointing compared to the submarine-event.

Looking forward for the torpedoboat-action, that was fun on the PTS.

Beta Tester
110 posts
6,250 battles

Are Space Battle's not supposed to Contribute to the Fly, Strike, Win directive ?

Because some are and some aren't......

Ones that are counting towards the directives:

Credits for War

Fierce Commander

Battle Experience

Only Victory - Only Success

Ones that aren't:

Aircraft down (Catapult and spotter planes)

Prolific Fighter

Under Fire

Total Damage

Ruthless

Please advise WG

Players
2,677 posts
21,619 battles

I appreciate that players now can buy legendary modules for the space-battles currency ironium in the "Armory". Especially since there are no carriers in space battles. So you can do carrier free space battles instead of slogging through carrier-contaminated Random Battles.

That is very good news indeed.

However.

I haven't done the full math yet but it seems we are yet again looking at another very looong haaaard grind. 25 Ironium per mission, 600 for one Legendary module, that would come to 24 missions for one module. Are there even enough missions? And looking at the missions, some seem really hard. I had an incredibly hard time getting wins on the test server sometimes. Sometimes the right battle mode would simply not come up, something that is completely out of the individual players' control.

And also it's either grind in Random or grind in Space Battles.

That seems a bit greedy, Wargaming.

It seems to say "Those servers ain't populating themselves, you plebs!"

How about this for an idea: award a few Ironium for the Random Legendary grinds as well. Even to players who are already in mid grind. Or lower the price by a few bars for completing stages of the Random grind. Or let players buy individual stages of Random grinds. Or something.

First edit:

Despite my PTS feedback, WG did not add a "Battle on" button to the Space Battles results screen. I still fail to see a good reason for a mandated break in Port after each battle.

Players
2,677 posts
21,619 battles

Minor nitpick/question, I get the impression there is distinctly less base XP to be earned than in Randoms? 62K damage, two kills, one cap assist - barely breaking 1K base XP. Is that normal? Is that because of all these ships being on the same tier? Granted, it was not a really stand-out result, but 15 K was from one DD kill alone. I frankly was expecting a bit more for my trouble.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,226 posts
13,936 battles
1 minute ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Minor nitpick/question, I get the impression there is distinctly less base XP to be earned than in Randoms? 62K damage, two kills, one cap assist - barely breaking 1K base XP. Is that normal? Is that because of all these ships being on the same tier? Granted, it was not a really stand-out result, but 15 K was from one DD kill alone. I frankly was expecting a bit more for my trouble.

Tier 7 economy. Not that much XP / Credits, but no high upkeep. So even new players can play with these TX-ships.

[CATS]
Players
28,130 posts
14,900 battles

Binary Star

Good idea, I like it. For improvements I suggest the following:

• make the initial caps bigger
  • reduce the speed of cap shrinkage slightly

Players
2,677 posts
21,619 battles

The title "Norma Quest" makes no sense. Unlike "Alldestroyer Quest", which unlocks Alldestroyer, and "Flyfire Quest", which unlocks Flyfire, Norma Quest does not unlock Norma but Century Hawk. The only thing it has to do with Norma is you need to do it in Norma - or Zaya.

Edit: Or Galaxy.

I now understand what has happened.

There are two different Norma quests, and one of them actually does unlock Norma.

The other one was actually supposed to be titled "Century Hawk Quest", and they created it by copy&pasting the Norma Quest, and failed to change the title, and failed to proofread the copy.

• Bad 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
982 posts

Whoever thought that having a requirement to get a win in a mode where minimum requirement is 70 battles should find other work.

I have 4 wins in 2 days of playing. Players play like it's tier 1-2 and die equally quickly. This isn't fun.

And giving players who knows so little about the game ships with 26km range......yeah.

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,343 posts
3,850 battles
21 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

I haven't done the full math yet but it seems we are yet again looking at another very looong haaaard grind. 25 Ironium per mission, 600 for one Legendary module, that would come to 24 missions for one module. Are there even enough missions? And looking at the missions, some seem really hard. I had an incredibly hard time getting wins on the test server sometimes. Sometimes the right battle mode would simply not come up, something that is completely out of the individual players' control.

And also it's either grind in Random or grind in Space Battles.

You can earn a total of 780 Ironium for free if you complete all the activities, missions and directives!

19 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Correct, but you conversely also have lowered servicing costs to make the mode accessible to everyone.

• Cool 1

[UA-NF]
Players
427 posts
7,379 battles

Thanks WG for opportunity to test tier 10 ships in this event, though they are displayed as tier 7, and give XP as tier 7. But still checking on final ships in few lines is nice.

Players
1,461 posts
8,347 battles

It is missing the CV, not being able to use CV or use 30% of the skills of the captain as well as the AA of the ships, I do not find it sense. A CV per team would have created more dynamism in the event. Disregarding CVs even in fantasy events is the height of absurdity.

[UA-NF]
Players
427 posts
7,379 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Hesp sagte:

It is missing the CV, not being able to use CV or use 30% of the skills of the captain as well as the AA of the ships, I do not find it sense. A CV per team would have created more dynamism in the event. Disregarding CVs even in fantasy events is the height of absurdity.

CV - Hellcarrier (Hakuryu) should be unlockable, since it is in ship list.

Players
689 posts
3 hours ago, SirAmra said:

Whoever thought that having a requirement to get a win in a mode where minimum requirement is 70 battles should find other work.

I have 4 wins in 2 days of playing. Players play like it's tier 1-2 and die equally quickly. This isn't fun.

And giving players who knows so little about the game ships with 26km range......yeah.

I'm finding a pattern:

Teams with more Zayas usually lose., either they play too aggressively and get sunk within 3mins

or

They are the last ships alive cause they been kiting that one Paris that spawned opposite them.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
982 posts
5 minutes ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

I'm finding a pattern:

Teams with more Zayas usually lose., either they play too aggressively and get sunk within 3mins

or

They are the last ships alive cause they been kiting that one Paris that spawned opposite them.

Well, put dead DDs on top of that list....for my teams that is. Lol

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
110 posts
6,250 battles

Terrible win rates, Doesnt matter if im doing over 150k damage and killing ships, my teams are still losing because of terrible gameplay.

Its like i'm always playing with the Lets just have fun crowd........

Players
30 posts
7,085 battles

Is it me just being "lucky" or does the matchmaker do weird things with the ship types? Most, if not all, games I see all galaxy on one side, without one on the other side, a few norma and aurora all on the other side and zaya's just filling up the spots in the middle. Looks like the matchmaker just sort by ship first, then puts them on a side, instead of randomizing it or putting them in order of queue entry or something.

Also yes, really weird games. People suicide like absolute crazy. After a few games you are really done with it, a pity.

[YEET]
Players
69 posts
10,836 battles

Binary Star - just awful as people who end up on my team obviously haven't bothered reading how the mode works. Too difficult for large section of the player base...

As others have mentioned, the number of people playing these like T1/T2 games is huge leading to loss after loss.

Players
64 posts
2,054 battles

If this is really the futuristic sci-fi universe, then all the ships there are a bit... too slow.

Why do we need anti-aircraft batteries there? There are (almost - sole exception are "catapult" fighters and spotters) no planes there. So, no carriers.

Didn't you just made a patch that supposed to fix the carriers? Where are they?

Or is it that those darn statistics didn't stabilized yet? Darn statistics, just stabilize already! :Smile-angry:

Players
2,677 posts
21,619 battles

What occurs to me is that because of the limited selection of well balanced ships, no P2W and all that, Space Battles are much closer to the idea behind Ranked battles than Ranked itself, namely, players fighting on a level field, with actual skill making the difference rather than any other factors.

Players
2,677 posts
21,619 battles

I only just noticed WG changed the colour of the water since the PTS, and I definitely dig this milky-opaque industrial run-off look. It does sometimes obscure underwater obstacles, I did get caught in a very nasty manner today, struggling for several minutes, but hey.

These are the best kind of cosmetic changes - the ones you don't even notice because they look so organic. Like great make-up.

Beta Tester
110 posts
6,250 battles

Fly Strike Win second directives,

The Battleship and Destroyer directives are adding XP for space battles that I'm doing but the Cruiser directive isn't.

Random.......

I know this is the case because I have only been playing Space battles today...

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,735 posts
21,125 battles

Whoever configured the ships should be fired on the spot. Most of the time it is necessary to fight not only the enemy team but also the idiotic setup of the ship itself. I understand that you want a click'n'play game mode where 4 year olds can shoot at ships, but at least you could have tried to play to the strengths of each ship.

Sign in to follow this