MrConway

Update 0.8.2 - General feedback

94 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,334 posts
3,838 battles

Captains,

Let’s welcome in Update 0.8.2! It brings with it Space Battles, the branch of British aircraft carriers, an updated Arsenal with Premium ships, and Season 5 of Clan Battles.

Check out the full article here. Feel free to leave feedback below!

Should your feedback concern one of the following topics, please leave feedback in the thread linked below.

[POP]
Beta Tester
209 posts
9,485 battles

Probably unintentional change since it isn't mentioned in the patch notes, but karma is no longer visible anywhere. Still seems to count for the amount of reports and compliments you can give per day. I would prefer higher visibility of karma to promote positive behaviour.

• Cool 2

[ALONE]
Modder
2,225 posts
13,930 battles

I like the new UI. I still think that the Inventory should be next to the Armory. :cap_cool:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,259 posts
14,096 battles
2 hours ago, MixuS said:

Probably unintentional change since it isn't mentioned in the patch notes, but karma is no longer visible anywhere. Still seems to count for the amount of reports and compliments you can give per day. I would prefer higher visibility of karma to promote positive behaviour.

Top left, click on your name, open menu.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
1,178 posts
24,540 battles

Losing credits in tier x with wows' premium account, I used to make credits before this patch, is there something wrong?

[MUUH]
Players
28 posts
18,933 battles

i have a problem with the wg-center i can not update any game or install it again

and reinstalling the gamecenter dosn't help

[VL-NL]
[VL-NL]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
100 posts
20,111 battles

Still waiting for cv bots in coop . Where they not planned in 8.2?

[B_S_C]
[B_S_C]
Beta Tester
61 posts
11,256 battles

So port UI improvement. . . moving stuff around but still having everything laggy is not improvement.  I click on something and then have to wait for it to actually go to that.

The port select is now on the title bar which is nice but not when it means the server/player info is now under the main menu instead when there is more than enough space on the title bar for both.

The new service record. . . why still have us click on a button to bring up details when the screen itself has practically nothing on it so could just have that info there without having to click.

The summary section is now taking much longer to load in, as is the armory, premium shop, combat missions, campaigns etc.  That side does now look a little neater but that's one improvement that is so small it makes little real difference overall.  The armory is nice with all the ships in one place but you click on it and the bad optimisation means it takes an age for all the pictures to load in.

Even switching between port and modules etc. seems to be taking longer than before the update.

To see my karma (which I admit isn't all that important), I now have to click on the your account menu to see when again it could just as easily be sitting next to my name in the title section.

You seem to be under some sort of mistaken belief that making players click through menus for everything is good UI when it just means everything is slow and annoying if the interface being used is as prone to lag as yours.

Also now when a battle ends I get the windows spinning circle every time (would only happen occassionaly before) which is the prelude to the windows popup telling me the game isn't responding but luckily it goes away just before that happens but suggests something is hanging the game and that is one step from a crash.  Of course the port UI still spins up my GPU (gtx 1060 6GB) to 80% usage (on ocean and 95% on other port choices), more than actually playing the game which has been a strangely idiotic thing that you never seem to want to improve.

Overall it isn't an improvement, just the same laggy interface but with some stuff shuffled around to make it look like something significant has been done.

• Cool 8

Players
31 posts
11,796 battles

Graphic horror, just look and compare 0.71 and 0.8, update in the port and everything will be clear to you

Weekend Tester
1,118 posts
8,548 battles

Port is a lot laggier compared to the previous update. Especially when going though ships modules and tech tree.

• Cool 1

Players
580 posts

I'm really wondering what the systems are that you're optimizing your UI for. A core 2 duo with onboard graphics and a screen resolution of 1024x768 (would at least explain why you moved the max. 5-digit number of online players to the main menu)? Because it surely isn't for something like a I7 + GF 1080.
Update 0.8.1: "Now, elements of the Port will appear more smoothly." Which was basically adding lags and freezes to the UI.
Now, with update 0.8.2 you added delay and fade-in and fade-out of text. Everytime after starting the game, every tooltip is delayed by a second. Only if it was viewed once in the current session, it is instantly shown. Buying multiple upgrades is just horrible. The confirmation window slowly fades-in and -out now.
Maybe it's time to actually start to improve the UI, so players with 250+ ships can use the port instead of trying to mask the problems?

[MAD4T]
Beta Tester
18 posts
8,520 battles

I would love to let you know, once it actually updates past 47% and downloads that 9.5mb of data left....AGAIN!

Beta Tester
110 posts
6,250 battles

Are Space Battle's not supposed to Contribute to the Fly, Strike, Win directive ?

Because some are and some aren't......

Ones that are counting towards the directives:

Credits for War

Fierce Commander

Battle Experience

Only Victory - Only Success

Ones that aren't:

Aircraft down (Catapult and spotter planes)

Prolific Fighter

Under Fire

Total Damage

Ruthless

Please advise WG

• Cool 1

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,174 posts
6,418 battles
20 minutes ago, juggati said:

I would love to let you know, once it actually updates past 47% and downloads that 9.5mb of data left....AGAIN!

Indeed, this happens every time theres a new patch. Been stuck at 71% now for the past 2 hours or so.

[-SBF-]
Beta Tester
19 posts
6,957 battles

I liked the previous port more. I like more information and i enjoyed to see the ammount of people online. Now it looks like a rollback or just something from consoles.

All the changes and dumbing down the game feels that its becoming less and less for the player.

Players
128 posts
15,552 battles

Not related to any specific update: When starting a new battle, please reset the Ctrl-Cursor (the free-look one) to the center of the screen. Each time I start a new battle I need to look for the cursor, sometimes it's at the bottom of the screen, sometimes it's elsewhere (probably where I left it last time), but it would be nice-to-have if the Ctrl-cursor reset to the center of the screen at the start of each battle.

I seem to remember that in some older update, this was the case, but was changed (or forgotten) in a later update.

[TEPES]
Players
6 posts
13,874 battles

When I purchased my premium ships there was not a CV issue like that. I call it a problem because the game is unplayable now due to to strong and many CVs in a battle.

For example I built all AA possibilities for my Schanhorst, tried your wonderful AA sector reinfocment and stil be played like a toy by tier six CVs.

Because the game is just so called `Team Game` but it isnt, waiting other players for help or camping with them behind rocks doesnt help either. I dont know what your capitalist goals are but you are going to earn less money for sure if that continiues .

I want my money back for those below. Regards.

1.Schanhorst

2.Molotov

3.Murmansk

4.OKT. Revulisya or whatever

5.Guilio Cesare

6.Nelson

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
486 posts
16,688 battles

I like the new look of the buttons on the left side of the port screen, but it looks like we are losing out on some information that was immediately available with the old buttons. I'm glad that 'Honor[sic] to Heroes' has been replaced with something spelled correctly, but I don't see any reason why the associated counter need to have been done away with. Similarly, I like the new size of the 'Containers' button, but I think there's still room to show some information about the player's progress in plain sight, without the need to hover over the button.

I rarely change the port, and I can only assume other players are generally the same. For that reason, I don't understand why the useful information of the server name and player count have been replaced by the name of the active port; utterly redundant information as the port in use is immediately obvious when observing the background of the port view. Bring back the server name and player count. The 'change port' option can be hidden away in the 'player name' menu or something. I've attached an image illustrating the improvements I describe.

Port UI.png

Beta Tester
115 posts
8,920 battles

the new UI ... why!?!?

L4Owq6O.png

if I click on Combat Missions get me to combat missions and not the Events tab

• Cool 5

Players
2,669 posts
21,581 battles

It's nice that WG is trying to unclutter the port GUI a bit.

However, that seems far lower on the list of players' priorities than a lot of other GUI improvements that disappointingly, once again, have been ignored. Even though the player base has been suggesting many of them countless times, over and over, sometimes for years, and some should be really really easy to implement and would enhance the gaming experience so much more.

Once again, no signal flag management, not even a basic „Demount All Signal Flags“ button which players have been asking for since the earlier stages of development. Let alone fullly configurable ship profiles for the different battle types.

No "Hoist flag X on all ships" button.

No hotkeys for switching the AA sector.

No deselected auto-resupply by default for all items that cost gold doubloons.

No configurable limits for automatic in-game currency expenditures.

No consistent hot key bindings for consumables

And the Port is as suggish as ever, with the usual mysterious power consumption spikes still giving rise to absurd conspiracy theories about WG secretly abusing players' systems for bitcoin mining etc.

Also it would have been very nice if you had included a few mods from the sanctioned Aslain Mod Pack into the game proper. Specifically "Return commander to his ship", “Score Timer” and “Extended Tech Tree” should included into the regular game client.

Players
9 posts
5,460 battles

Hello,

I noticed performances issues. FPS are sometimes going down and up in regularly, losing about 21% before going up again, then down and up again... I had a hard time aiming, landing shots and just getting a good situational awareness.

I was playing my Yorck in a map with 12vs12 ship, including 2 T8 carriers per side, some smoke, shots, torpdoes and planes in the sky of course. The phnomenon was still occuring whiule watching being dead. I never met such strong drops before iirc. Port pathetic performance yes, but ingame was ok.

In addition, moving the camera around even in an empty place is now jolting like hell (even rebooted my comptuer in a doubt), even on a small game (played a small random fight with something like only 6 ships on each side and no carriers, no smoke screens).

Hardware specs : i7 4790K, 1080 Ti and 16GB. Game is on SSD.

All programs were closed. Did anyone else encounter that problem ? On US forums some users complain about severe drops in fps as well, although they focus a lot on port performance problems.

Il y a 3 heures, Nautical_Metaphor a dit :

No consistent hot key bindings for consumables 

And it is a pain.