You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SirAmra

In weird spot regarding missions and pley for phun

20 comments in this topic

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
933 posts

Might sound weird but here it goes.

I'm kinda burned out regarding these back to back grind missions we have been having in the past few months.

I take some time off after each sprint to wind down( I like the missions alot, but it can be to much).

But my problem is that when it's "over" and I just log in to pley for phun, I'm kinda bored.

Grinding the legendaries are boring and repetetive. And I absolutely hate the "grind 40k base xp" part.

I'm done with the Exeter grind, which was fun and frustrating, but I loved the tier limit on it....something else than tier 10s.

But today I'm back to "I'm bored again".

I guess I need the missions to focus on something, but I'm tired of them at the same time.

No ships to grind for atm either.

Anyone else having the same feeling?

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,837 battles

Just take a break, noone is forcing you to grind. Having the Exeter or not won't make much difference and you can also consider buying it anytime.

[-AP-]
Players
2,494 posts
6,082 battles

Yup, i have exactly the same feeling. I cant be arsed with the mission marathons unless its for a ship that i really want, because of their grindy nature. And at the same time it feels pointless to play "normally" as theres not much im interested in grinding anymore, so i just play the same ships which dont need xp.

Only stuff that excites me nowadays is getting free xp/coal/steel ships and gamemodes like clan wars, or ranked when divs are allowed. Random battles are starting to bore me.

[SKRUB]
Players
536 posts
20,784 battles

Most player are not at the end game content.

And if you play only for the grind... Yeah maybe it's not a game for you after all.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,500 posts
8,838 battles

For me its a bit similiar:

Play occasionally a couple of battles is ok. But then you get grinding missions like exeter half done and you feel like "I should just play a bit more to get it done" which makes it kinda frustrating at the same time. So i would like to have some time in between without grinding stuff aswell :cap_tea:

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,088 posts
8,430 battles

When I get these bored spells but still want to play I set myself certian goals, like grind out a certian amount of credits/free xp/captain xp. Getting a ship to a certain winrate or damage figure, try to get certain builds to work, dust of ships I normally don't play and send them into randoms or operations.

Grinding but with my own set goals is far less frustrating compared to mission grinds.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
933 posts
8 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

Just take a break, noone is forcing you to grind. Having the Exeter or not won't make much difference and you can also consider buying it anytime.

I have the Exeter. Took 4 days off after that one.

6 minutes ago, Lebedjev said:

Most player are not at the end game content.

And if you play only for the grind... Yeah maybe it's not a game for you after all.

I don't play for the grind. But I like to be "challenged", have a "goal" to reach.

I've been playing WG content since 2011, so I think it's a game(s) for me after all. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles

It's been a dry few months for me. As long as I have something specific to aim for, I'll happily grind away since I happen to like the game quite a bit. But with no new lines I want and no upcoming ships to even train a captain for, it's sometimes hard to get enough motivation for even 1 daily container, especially with my backlog of other games. Burnout is a normal thing, it's why MMOs constantly add new endgame content for those that have done it all already. Adding to the coal or FXP pile gets old when there's nothing to do with it.

At this rate, only thing I have to look forward to is French DDs in a few months and hopefully Benham for coal or FXP. I will not be happy if they lock yet another t9 DD behind steel.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,767 posts
16,594 battles

Similar considerations over here. I have grinded every single line to T10 except carriers, so there is nowhere else to go to regarding tech tree. Got almost every boote that was available through grind or for free and I currently just play the game out of habit and/or to get 19 point commanders down to T6 on every single ship (nearly finished all T10 and a couple of T9 already).

Players
126 posts
7,342 battles
1 hour ago, SirAmra said:

I don't play for the grind. But I like to be "challenged", have a "goal" to reach.

Oh, if you want a Challenge:

In 1 match get at least 1,plane kill with a Shinonome. 

Post the replay as proof and I'll gift you 1 day of premium. 

• Funny 2

Players
3,220 posts

I know the feeling well, same has happened in WoT's you lose track or cannot make up your mind what to grind, I ground up to three tier 10 ships, could have gone for a further to but at the last minute decided not to, Worcester and Haragumo just too fragile, so I went for the Republique, now i only take them out in Co ops, unless divisioned up with my clan mates who invariably want a tier 10 game.

I also find, just as in tanks, once you taste the high lights of the big guns, low tier become a bit meaningless, I sometimes take out tier 4 BB's, but yes the burn out is strong, and there is not much else to replace the game everyday TV just does not cut it.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Haven't played a game in the last 10 days, will probably only come back in time for CBs. Won't get the Exeter that way but I honestly can't be arsed to play as much as WG wants me to. It's a game, not a job and if I spent a roughly equal time working rather than grinding through time-gated missions I'd end up earning enough money to buy the Exeter several times over. Same deal as with the Dreadnought, had better things to do in December than play all month long, especially with the CB season in full swing at the same time.

And it's not exactly a new thing. Several people have complained about WG's nonstop event-this, grind-that deluge and several people have openly stated that they're getting burned out by the constant grind unless they want to miss out on stuff (like for example the Exeter).

I can only hope WG is starting to get the jist that they have to knock it down a couple gears and finally get it into their heads than player engagement doesn't mean trying to keep them playing 24/7.

As for the best way to get out of the burned out/bored playing the game situation. Just don't play it for a while at all and do something else. Play another game you enjoy. Read a novel. Binge a TV series you like. Literally anything you enjoy that isn't World of Warships. You'll find that coming back after a while, even WoWs is going to feel more fresh until the old routine settles back in, at which point you can just take another break again.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
I had an extended 2...3 month pause from the game. Played a few games here and there, but barely any overall. Didn’t pay attention to any events or anything like that, just rested

Now when the CB season is about to begin and I’m coming back... I’m actually excited and looking forwards to it. You just have to cut your losses and select a time when you’ll go off from the game. Can’t get every reward ever, and you don’t really need to get them all.

Normally game devs / publishers would give players these “resting off-seasons”, if WG doesn’t you just have to make one yourself
Edited by Sehales
excessive colour spam

Players
2,182 posts
20,314 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, SirAmra sagte:

But my problem is that when it's "over" and I just log in to pley for phun, I'm kinda bored.

Just don't do boring things.

Zitat

Grinding the legendaries are boring and repetetive. And I absolutely hate the "grind 40k base xp" part.

Just don't do things you hate doing.

Seek challenges that you find interesting. What about Clan Battles?

OR you can also try becoming an a-hole sealclubber if you're a bit sadistically inclined.

My latest fad is Asashio, that thing feels like sealclubbing on the high tiers, it's so hilarious. Will make a noob feel like a hero, with its Tier V concealment but Tier X guns and Tier XII stealth torps. Granted, the seals do club back occasionally but it is usually worth it.

Edit: the above advice is of course purely hedonistic. Always indulging yourself will only get you more boredom over the medium-to-long term. So another approach would be to make yourself do the things you hate because you are a responsible player and they just need to be done for the greater good (like grinding Legendaries for Clan Battles), and only indulging yourself with a spot of Asashio every once in a while. As a treat, like.

Players
3,277 posts
19,066 battles
3 hours ago, SirAmra said:

Might sound weird but here it goes.

I'm kinda burned out regarding these back to back grind missions we have been having in the past few months.

I take some time off after each sprint to wind down( I like the missions alot, but it can be to much).

I'm done with the Exeter grind, which was fun and frustrating, but I loved the tier limit on it....something else than tier 10s.

But today I'm back to "I'm bored again".

I guess I need the missions to focus on something, but I'm tired of them at the same time.

No ships to grind for atm either.

Anyone else having the same feeling?

you dont have to "grind" legendary modules. you just play and eventually you are gonna get them. same goes for the exeter mission. 

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,906 battles

I have all tier 10 ships except CVS but have found that I get my fun now from playing my massive collection of premiums; I'm also happy to help friends ( @Saltface ) grind lower tiers.

I play the premiums for their different playstyles (Gascoigne, Massachusetts) and so I can harvest elite commander xp so that I can rebuy silver ships and put high skill captains in.

The game is not only about tier 10, in fact I find it the least interesting and dynamic tier.

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,521 posts
5,960 battles

As someone who actually still has T2-4 ships go grind, I welcome "downtime".

I don't play as much when there's nothing going on, but to be honest I prefer that. I notice that during events I some times end up playing more than I actually want, and I just get frustrated with the game rather than have fun with it. I think WG are generally pushing too hard with the constant events to drive existing players into playing more rather than trying to grow the player base to keep the server population healthy. In the long run that could hurt the game as otherwise enthusiastic players get burned out on the game.

7 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

PLEASE, PLEASE, can you not use rainbow fonts if you want to be read.

Eh. It's easier to read than most text that's pasted on this forum.

I mean, WG could just force "paste as plain text", and it wouldn't be a problem. But apparently making the forum readable for users is less important than that WG staff can post red text without putting any effort into using the forum editor.

• Cool 2

[KAKE]
Players
2,521 posts
5,960 battles
10 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

Thank you. This can be read.

Can it, though?

Capture.thumb.PNG.6550ea5e5abd486f8a743b219f97d019.PNG

That's screenshotted from your post. Completely unreadable, whereas the original rainbow text (that I assume some mod first edited and then just deleted) was perfectly readable.

If you access the forum on a mobile then Rainbow cannot be read.

Erm. The style sheets for the different forum styles are the same on mobile devices and desktop. If you have a harder time reading the rainbow text on your mobile than on your screen, then it's related to your specific devices, not the text in and of itself.

Sorry if this ruins your point but you can't make your point if it can't be read.

Ironically, that's sort of the point. All of the lazy buggers who write their posts in Word or whatever and then paste them into the forum editor... their points can't be read by people using the dark forum theme.

• Cool 1