You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

42 comments in this topic

Players
392 posts
7,875 battles

As the title suggests. I have been experiencing an unusual activity of lag spikes throughout the games. This started about an hour ago. 

I have done my due diligence and try to figure out whether it was on my end. After all the trouble shooting on my end (client side), it made me realise that the server is actually the culprit. 

During the games, I have also asked other players. They too agreed that they have been experiencing the same issues as I have been. 

For the record, the ping would fluctuate from 30ms~140ms. Making it nearly impossible to play. Ships showing as stopped when they are moving, the input lag that comes with it as well. i.e. mouse clicks, taking a full second or two to register.

If anyone else is having such issues. Please reply below. So that the WG staff can take notice of it.

Hope you all have a good battle.

[HALON]
Players
630 posts
10,148 battles

chat server offline. News section in game not working. Massive lag ingame. Forum really slow.

GG

[CATS]
Players
26,257 posts
14,159 battles

Have the same problem while having difficulties loading the Arsenal and the forum.

When using a different connection, problems were gone. My clanmates did not have any trouble at all.

My guess is the connection between some ISP and the WoWs server is unstable. Therefore it might not be the WoWs server itself.

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,823 posts
1,881 battles

I am at home and can only guess (already asked colleagues at work to check it on our side), but given the information I received so far, it indeed seems to be related to the routing of certain ISPs and therefore outside of anything we or you can influence in any way.

The only thing to do in that case is to wait. I will let you know if there is anything you or we can do.

Edited by Sehales

Players
392 posts
7,875 battles

I don't believe that there is only 1 server for the whole of EU region. Therefore, where you are connecting from; which server you are connected to. Are two very different things. I think there may be particular server that is causing an issue, or there is some backend work that we are not aware of yet. (the patch was meant to come out as scheduled today, but was delayed to April 1st)

10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

My guess is the connection between some ISP and the WoWs server is unstable. Therefore it might not be the WoWs server itself

@Amon_ITA, posted that he/she has issues. Not only the game itself but the GUI too. This cannot be just your theory. 

[ICG]
Players
529 posts
3,944 battles

Yup. Games are jumping (freezes for a second) will my fps is still +50

Can't view the clan pages in game

Forum is slower

All problems that I have for the first time.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,765 posts
5,290 battles
37 minutes ago, Sehales said:

I am at home and can only guess (already asked colleagues at work to check it on our side), but given the information I received so far, it indeed seems to be related to the routing of certain ISPs and therefore outside of anything we or you can influence in any way.

The only thing to do in that case is to wait. I will let you know if there is anything you or we can do.

I don't buy it. Too many people in too many different areas are having this issue for me to buy that excuse, sorry.

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,249 posts

I have played some games and seen the Fire started reward pop up before my He shells even hit the enemy ship. Pretty funny, and that has happened a number of times now. I come from UK and use one of the best ISP (Virgin Media) with a high speed broadband connection. My ping shows as 23ms in-game and remains that way, it never fluctuates higher, But still everything feels really laggy

Too many people have complained about lag and the game seemingly running really slow, or you get sudden freezes and then jumps forward. All this started ever since you did this CV rework. I now have to play the game on very low graphic setting, but before I played it on low setting all the time with no problems. Now I get far worse laggy gameplay on very low setting than I did before on the higher Low setting with graphics.

The game runs like a laggy bag of shite now.

[KRONA]
Beta Tester
4 posts
11,333 battles

I also have ping-issues and my clanmate to. Its very laggy. We are located in Sweden.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,765 posts
5,290 battles
2 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

I have played some games and seen the Fire started reward pop up before my bullets even hit the enemy ship. Pretty funny, and that has happened a number of time now.

Not half as funny as seeing as ship explode before your shells even leave the barrel.

Still this issue needs to be bloody sorted already.

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,249 posts

Ironically, you'll find the game runs far better if you go in COOP with no CV in matches and with less players. Try COOP with no CV on your team, and then go back to Random games with more players and CV in the match and see the difference in lag

• Cool 1

Players
392 posts
7,875 battles

Can reconfirm. At the time of this post. The problem is still ongoing. 

Wargaming, let's get this sorted please.

EDIT: I will test the NA server too while I'm at it. Since I can't play at all in Randoms with current "related to the routing of certain ISPs".

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,498 posts
19,749 battles

It's not us. It's not us. Same old. I'm having 0 reasons to continue supporting this joke of a company. Going to let the premium time run, then I'll stick to being a free player.

• Cool 1

[CDG]
Players
86 posts
3,321 battles

waiting for an evening without wife and daughter, ok, i can play some matches: ooooooooooohhhh come on, kicked out 2 times in a single match.

gg wp WG.

• Funny 1

[HALON]
Players
630 posts
10,148 battles
1 hour ago, Sehales said:

No mate, it’s not the players, it’s a problem on your side. Having zero problems on anything else. Steam, origin, console based multiplayer games, apex legends on pc, you name it, everything isnfine but Wows.

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,823 posts
1,881 battles
7 minutes ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Can reconfirm. At the time of this post. The problem is still ongoing. 

Wargaming, let's get this sorted please.

The server team is monitoring the situation. If they can do something, I can assure you that they will take action. I am off for now though.

2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

It's not us. It's not us. Same old. I'm having 0 reasons to continue supporting this joke of a company. Going to let the premium time run, then I'll stick to being a free player.

If there is an issue, we always try our best to confirm it as fast as possible and for bigger issues we gave a compensation. I don't understand what you mean with "same old it is not us".

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,765 posts
5,290 battles
2 minutes ago, Sehales said:

I don't understand what you mean with "same old it is not us".

He means (and I agree) that you guys are way too quick to try and shift the blame to someone else.

• Cool 1

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,249 posts
18 minutes ago, Amon_ITA said:

it’s a problem on your side

It's true. Easy to say it's peoples ISP connections. But lets look at the facts since you did this CV updates. Server crashes numerous times ever since because it gets overloaded. People only now complaining about the laggy game-play ever since this CV rework. The problem lies on WG server end because of these new CV and whatever else changes they made since, if you ask me.

Why don't you run a test for a few days and roll the server back to before these CV changes was made. See if people still get the same laggy game-play before you started making all these changes to the game with CV, put it back to the old CV way for a test and see if it makes a difference?

• Cool 1

Players
392 posts
7,875 battles
18 minutes ago, Pho3nix_IT said:

waiting for an evening without wife and daughter, ok, i can play some matches: ooooooooooohhhh come on, kicked out 2 times in a single match.

gg wp WG.

Life is a 8itch and you... :etc_swear:

...I'm walking away now

• Bad 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,199 posts

Haven't had the ping issue, but instead kind of laggier than usual performance. Also was in battle where one player had over 200 ping while myself and a few others had mid 30s ping. BTW I been thrown out of the server twice but fortunately in between battles....

[HNFC]
Players
243 posts
17,879 battles

Sadly, quite a few of us. 200 players who have been thrown from the server have reconnected within the minute. 

This is the third time it has happened this night - twice in battle, once just in queue. This last one hit particularly hard: less than a minute away from a 5-star run on KW, and of course, camo/flags wasted this time again. When the potatoes are absent, the server'll seem to work out a fine loss for us. Looking forward to any possible refunds/compensations. 

Spoiler

shot-19_03.28_01_31.06-0427.thumb.jpg.d6655e30ab999548869be612e4067b7a.jpg

shot-19_03.28_01_31.58-0061.thumb.jpg.7952d78131794347fec7add6994791a4.jpg