You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Warderer

Musashi broke the game for me.

33 comments in this topic

[KHERO]
Beta Tester
60 posts
2,586 battles

Hey Everyone!

Soo lately I have not been playing alot of Wows and that decline in my interest to the game began after I got the Musashi. This ship is amazing... but its maybe too good. Sometimes I feel awkward while playing her as top tier as the ships in front of me dont stand a chance. I got in the habit of dealing significant amounts of dmg without any concentration on my side. Just angle, shoot anything and have a general idea of where the enemy dds are. That is it basically.

I think that this is where the problem comes for me. Why should I struggle with other ships to produce the results, that I effortlessly get with the Musashi? Every time that I play another ship I feel that I am wasting my time and credits.

But maybe its just me.

I rarely get games above 180k dmg and that is not the case with this beast. I guess I will just have to force myself to play some other ships for some time :D. Are you guys experiencing the same? 

shot-19.03.27_12.54.29-0766.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
6,364 posts
245 battles

I usually melt them with my charles martel or saint louis. I generally dont have an issue with them too be honest.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
8,714 posts
8,662 battles
6 minutes ago, Warderer said:

Any tips to combat it? :P

Get rid of the others first - Musashi will collapse too. Especially if you can kill the enemy DD first, and you get your own DD to torp the Musashi (which would force it to move). And ofc you have many noobs playing the Musashi, they will make their team lose anyway by sniping from maxrange.

But i kinda see it the same way: Its basicly a Yamato on T9, its much more OP than Missouri for me. But Missouri gets more hate because it has Radar. And looking at Musashi they think "oh it has a Citadel, it will die easily" - nope. If you can protect the weakspots, you can farm at will.

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,420 posts
5,543 battles
18 minutes ago, Warderer said:

Why should I struggle with other ships to produce the results, that I effortlessly get with the Musashi? Every time that I play another ship I feel that I am wasting my time and credits.

Erm. Your credits (and elite captain exp, if applicable) that you get from playing the Musashi are completely wasted if you don't also play and research tech tree ships that you can purchase for the credits.

I mean, if we're going to talk about "wasting" play time, few things are as wasteful as playing elite ships (which includes premiums), as you don't get any kind of progression from the exp you earn.

(Well, unless you're some kind of monstrous, prehistoric whale that's willing to throw a lot of cash at converting ship exp to free exp).

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,466 posts
22,956 battles

musashi is imho one, if not THE, most op ship ingame. simply to MM. u get a yammie that faces colorados and nagatos..... i mean...... :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_playing:..... it has the drawbacks of a yammie (and some more), but essentially it doesnt give a crap about that, simply coz: yamato!

planes are her bane and thats it.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,131 posts
18,877 battles
28 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Get more games with CV, then you will experience her drawbacks better.

Until the fighter exploit gets fixed, sure.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,131 posts
18,877 battles
1 minute ago, CptBarney said:

FIghter exploit?

• Cool 3

Players
976 posts
19,401 battles
13 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

I mean, if we're going to talk about "wasting" play time, few things are as wasteful as playing elite ships (which includes premiums), as you don't get any kind of progression from the exp you earn.

Why, the sense of the game for me is not grinding. But having fun while playing the ship i want to play. Why should I always progress to some new Ship if i already have 150. And sorry, the thought of wasting playtime seems a little bit funny to me.  Plus: think they are lots of people who doesnt have much to grind. Think i have besides CVs all T10s except  Daring. And if i want to, i could easy free XP it.  :-)

• Cool 1

Players
2,109 posts
18,509 battles

Several things:

She is definitely OP. However,

Zitat

Sometimes I feel awkward while playing her as top tier

Well how often does that happen? As with all the other Tier IXs, and of course Tier VIIIs, you're usually not top tier. At least that's what it feels like.

Then again, Musashi can of course be all the more OP as bottom tier. Because it's basically bringing another Tier X ship to the battle when the other team only has a Tier IX. As long as theirs is not a Musashi.

On still another note, all of this is only true while all other factors are equal. I'd rather have a competent FdG on my team than a poor Musashi. Doesn't have to be a super brutal unicorm, just basic competence. Know what they can and cannot do, and stick to it.

If it gets too boring, just push more, to challenge yourself. I find myself chasing DDs around more often than I'd like, which probably speaks to a certain lack of patience and to poor positioning (so 180K damage games remain the exception for me.)

[KAKE]
Players
2,420 posts
5,543 battles
7 minutes ago, belalugosisdead said:

Why should I always progress to some new Ship if i already have 150.

But that's beside the point of the thread.

I mean, the only purpose of the reward system is to acquire new ships, mainly through researching and purchasing tech tree ships.

If you're not interested in the latter, there's no real point caring about the former.

But OP obviously cares about the results, despite them being "wasted" if you're not using them to acquire new tech tree ships.

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
2,258 posts

It has drawbacks.....i shot 5 successive citadels into one with a mere T8 Roma. It was like a hot knife through butter. I did not see anything like it except for shooting broadside cruisers.

The most amusing thing about it is with a secondary build the 155 mm's  can shoot at DD's  up to 10.1 km but reliably kill them at ~7 km, all on their own. In ranked i checked where DD were for their torpedo threat but left them completley to the secondaries, so i could aim the heavy guns with excliusively AP at more worthwhile hitpoint targets.  When broadside it's 9 x 155 mm which is almost cruiser power firing at the DD, not using any main guns. They never failed me. For that i like the ship, not for it's powerul main guns much more ships have ( be it "smaller" caliber but that does not say much ) I fear even the Yamato with fewer large secondary guns will disappoint me...

[KAKE]
Players
2,420 posts
5,543 battles
17 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I love the fact that my reaction picture will seemingly forever follow that thread whenever someone links to it.

• Funny 4

Players
219 posts
10,354 battles

When I find a Mushasi with my CV I broke his game. That's how it works. Big fish eats the smaller one

[BODEM]
Players
674 posts
6,313 battles
1 hour ago, belalugosisdead said:

Why, the sense of the game for me is not grinding. But having fun while playing the ship i want to play. Why should I always progress to some new Ship if i already have 150. And sorry, the thought of wasting playtime seems a little bit funny to me.  Plus: think they are lots of people who doesnt have much to grind. Think i have besides CVs all T10s except  Daring. And if i want to, i could easy free XP it.  :-)

Why worry when you like to play "Musashi: the game"? As long as you are having fun. I therefor don't see the reason for this thread. Or is it to show off your Musashi skills? Or the fact that you have all the lines at T10? Or a no-life amount of Fxp? Do I spy someone who needs a pat on their head and a "good boy!" as they are yearning for acknowledgement? :) Ok, You are awesome!! We all want to be like you ;)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles
2 hours ago, Warderer said:

Why should I struggle with other ships to produce the results, that I effortlessly get with the Musashi?

Because Yamato playstyle is so boring and passive? :P Idk..I like to play the perceived weaker ships from time to time cause of...you know, fun and variety ;)

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,246 posts
4,972 battles

@Warderer Tell that to that Mushi I quadruple citted in my Nagato last night. I am sure it's great consolation to him.:Smile_trollface:

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
1 hour ago, lafeel said:

@Warderer Tell that to that Mushi I quadruple citted in my Nagato last night. I am sure it's great consolation to him.:Smile_trollface:

Are you serious???  bragging about killing a bot bb in coop???   lol

• Funny 1

Players
976 posts
19,401 battles
3 hours ago, Uglesett said:

But OP obviously cares about the results, despite them being "wasted" if you're not using them to acquire new tech tree ships.

oh. Maybe i misinterpreted the reason  for the thread.. but i thought it was a different kind of "musashi is maybe a Little bit too much for T9, why taking another ship on this tier thread". 

Players
976 posts
19,401 battles
1 hour ago, FukushuNL said:

I therefor don't see the reason for this thread. 

maybe you did not see it in your attempt to write funny: i did not opened the thread. the rest is just in your head :-)

Players
1,662 posts
8,112 battles
40 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

Are you serious???  bragging about killing a bot bb in coop???   lol

AI has increased a lot since its inception, judging by the "intelligence" shown by some humans on here BOTS are definitely an upgrade on the evolutionary path of our planet. Dont discount them!!!

• Cool 1

Players
3,078 posts
13,783 battles
5 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

It has drawbacks.....i shot 5 successive citadels into one with a mere T8 Roma. It was like a hot knife through butter. I did not see anything like it except for shooting broadside cruisers.

The most amusing thing about it is with a secondary build the 155 mm's  can shoot at DD's  up to 10.1 km but reliably kill them at ~7 km, all on their own. In ranked i checked where DD were for their torpedo threat but left them completley to the secondaries, so i could aim the heavy guns with excliusively AP at more worthwhile hitpoint targets.  When broadside it's 9 x 155 mm which is almost cruiser power firing at the DD, not using any main guns. They never failed me. For that i like the ship, not for it's powerul main guns much more ships have ( be it "smaller" caliber but that does not say much ) I fear even the Yamato with fewer large secondary guns will disappoint me...

Really. How many DD’s did you kill with Secondaries then?

As Musashis greatest weakness is DD, Torpedos and Fire...