Jump to content
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

[UPD 29/4] Clan Battles: "Land of Fire" Season

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,807 posts
Vor 11 Minuten, Leutnant_Kramer sagte:

Not quite on topic but: Is there supposed to be a game update tomorrow?

no, 1.4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
102 posts
9,547 battles

And no CV's allowed. Rework not worked then? What is the point grinding the cv lines when you can use them in random and coop only ?

Dont you says guys that with this rework the difference bettwen good and bad cv captains is minimal? So they can participate in ranked and clanwars?

With this rework, i thinked i will research one cv line , but with this is pointless. I stay with my favorite class , with the cruisers instead.

Shame on you WG.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Those missions to win one battle for steel, the wording only says specific leagues and not the specified "league or higher".

 

That might be a concern for for Squall season steel mission since clans with with a high starting rating due to having played in the higher leagues last season may very well pass the Squall league before winning the 15th match in that league, leading to missing out on some steel if the missions don't also count for higher leagues.

 

Clarification seems required here, summoning @MrConway.

 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,466 posts
19,635 battles
9 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Those missions to win one battle for steel, the wording only says specific leagues and not the specified "league or higher".

 

That might be a concern for for Squall season steel mission since clans with with a high starting rating due to having played in the higher leagues last season may very well pass the Squall league before winning the 15th match in that league, leading to missing out on some steel if the missions don't also count for higher leagues.

 

Clarification seems required here, summoning @MrConway.

 

 

 

Looked at the mission descriptions and you're right, the steel missions lack the "or higher" league addition. Which means that it is possible to lose out on steel if you aren't playing from the start in the alpha team.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
7 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Looked at the mission descriptions and you're right, the steel missions lack the "or higher" league addition. Which means that it is possible to lose out on steel if you aren't playing from the start in the alpha team.

I hadn't even considered what it means for players that don't play Alpha/Bravo from the start.

 

If higher leagues don't count for those steel missions, basically anyone that isn't a CB team regular gets shafted. This is a rather critical oversight if true (though I still somewhat hope it's just really poor wording in the article and they simply forgot to add the "or higher leagues" part).

 

@MrConway, @Crysantos this REALLY needs some clarifications and changing if it works as described in the article.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HDMS]
[HDMS]
Players
74 posts

For those 90% of wows players that don,t participate in Clan Battles, will it be possible to hide the clan battel ships in the carousel,

or do your programmers still use stupid excuses for not to get it to work, like earlier when it was possible to hide arp and dragon ships.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
5,803 posts
1,853 battles
38 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Those missions to win one battle for steel, the wording only says specific leagues and not the specified "league or higher". 

 

That might be a concern for for Squall season steel mission since clans with with a high starting rating due to having played in the higher leagues last season may very well pass the Squall league before winning the 15th match in that league, leading to missing out on some steel if the missions don't also count for higher leagues.

 

Clarification seems required here, summoning @MrConway.

The devs confirmed that you can complete them in the "league or higher". No need to worry and sorry for the confusion.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FR4C]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
21 posts
6,847 battles
Quote

On the days of any update releases, no Clan Battles will be held.

Does this count only for your region or does it include all regions?

Can EU do clan battles on the 3rd of April or will season start on the 6th? Because of NA patching on the 3rd, EU on the 4th.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles
56 minutes ago, eNxYo said:

Does this count only for your region or does it include all regions?

Can EU do clan battles on the 3rd of April or will season start on the 6th? Because of NA patching on the 3rd, EU on the 4th.

Thinks new patch comes Monday April 1.st useless I have misunderstood something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[0KILL]
Players
29 posts
14,425 battles

When you chose the server time, do  that apply to both the alpha AND bravo team on the selected day ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FR4C]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
21 posts
6,847 battles
11 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Thinks new patch comes Monday April 1.st useless I have misunderstood something

I'm not aware of a patch on Monday. There are set patch days so I think it is highly unlikely.

I think you mean the free captain retraining. That is from 1st to 8th April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles
5 minutes ago, eNxYo said:

I'm not aware of a patch on Monday. There are set patch days so I think it is highly unlikely.

I think you mean the free captain retraining. That is from 1st to 8th April.

NO the patch! It should have been available tomorrow. But postponed to Monday 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,182 posts
20,314 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, Animalul2012 sagte:

I have 7500 steel right now i hope after the season ends i will be able to get bourgone!

Seriously? Did I miss something again?

It says right in the news announcement you can only get up to 11K steel.

And it is not a grind. Sheer perseverance will not get you more steel. Only by advancing to the top league and successfully competing there will you gain the maximum amount.

So even if you manage to pull that off, you'd still be 12.5K short.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Players
1,662 posts
8,585 battles
19 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Before someone else gets confused by "prime time" like I was - remember of the time change to summer time, we're still doing that thing. We jump an hour ahead, UTC stays as is. In other words, actual prime time will be the same as in S4 - 19:00-23:00 CE(s)T

Map rotation - lets hope the "same map literally the whole evening" will actually happen less, unlike how the "port UI will be better now" worked out to make it even worse.
Still playing on Islands of Aids, Mountain Range is still massively overplayed, still don't get why Hotspot - one of the better maps - was removed *sigh*
But hey, at least SoF is back to the nice S1 layout, that's a nice one

Cross server MM - still useless to everyone except for russians who want to play an hour later so can do it on EU server

Bravo teams still exist without any change, so Bronze, Silver and Gold clans - WG's still saying f you, enjoy the inevitable mass clubbing you'll get from them

Oh, and the "Rating system re-tweaked" - literally no idea what you mean. Possible max MM spread has been reduced? Or has simply the time to get to them been increased? Neither of those would help for the B team clubbing, ofc.
And how exactly do you plan to accelerate high ranking MM if there end up being so few clans up there? You can't force shorter queues if there's nothing for the MM to put against those teams, unless, ofc, you will be throwing even more low-rating clans under the clubbing train that would be the high-rank clans meeting them. Because, clearly, just clubbing them with B teams isn't enough

I fixed your post and removed the fairy dust xD, my eyes can rest now......

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
7 hours ago, Sehales said:

The devs confirmed that you can complete them in the "league or higher". No need to worry and sorry for the confusion.

 

Nice.

If you haven't already, do make sure the news article gets updated too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FR4C]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
21 posts
6,847 battles
19 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

 

That's all well and good but I can also make a website and put a counter on it. What's the source (is there any)?

 

This information should come from WG directly.

 

paging ...

@Sehales @MrConway@Sub_Octavian

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
28,877 battles
10 hours ago, eNxYo said:

 

That's all well and good but I can also make a website and put a counter on it. What's the source (is there any)?

 

This information should come from WG directly.

 

paging ...

@Sehales @MrConway@Sub_Octavian

I had to laugh at this guy, the times and dates on the website came directly from the source. iEarlGrey (WG) Global Community Contributor Manager, lmfhao :Smile_child:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FR4C]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
21 posts
6,847 battles
46 minutes ago, iJoby said:

I had to laugh at this guy, the times and dates on the website came directly from the source. iEarlGrey (WG) Global Community Contributor Manager, lmfhao :Smile_child:

How hard is it to put your source to the information. Just because you are some rando with a blog does not make you a credible source.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
28,877 battles
9 hours ago, eNxYo said:

How hard is it to put your source to the information. Just because you are some rando with a blog does not make you a credible source.

I already put my source to the dates and times in my last comment. :Smile_child:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FR4C]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
21 posts
6,847 battles
9 hours ago, iJoby said:

I already put my source to the dates and times in my last comment. :Smile_child:

Obviously on your advertised blog. :Smile_facepalm:

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×