You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheCinC

Suggestions thread

2,158 comments in this topic

[UAC]
Players
313 posts
1,280 battles
1 minute ago, Sunleader said:

Dont get me Wrong.

I would Always Welcome a Historical or Realistic Battle Mode.

In which we dont have HP where we Fight Nation vs Nation and where we get Realistic Damage.

Including Flooding from Overpenetrations below Waterline. Together with Flooding actually causing Listing and potentially causing the Ship to Sink.

As well as Slowing Down Ships and also of course Including much more Destroyed Modules that cant be Repaired. Thus making Crippling Ships much bigger thing etc etc.

But it doesnt fit in Normal Gamemode. So I wont wish for it there.

Yea...but wouldn't making realistic battle mode be kind of copy-pasting warthunder? I know they have it there....:Smile-_tongue:

[SCNG]
Weekend Tester
1,378 posts
3,942 battles
4 minutes ago, Filipin00 said:

Yea...but wouldn't making realistic battle mode be kind of copy-pasting warthunder? I know they have it there....:Smile-_tongue:

If Wargaming does it with Battleships etc they will effectively be First on this.

Since WarThunder messed up and Tried with their Flimsy Boats which Failed about as Epicly as the NTC did here.

Except that Gaijin went through with it anyways and then ended up with it being Dead in the Water and just now slowly catching up pace after People Believe that Bigger Ships will come.

[UAC]
Players
313 posts
1,280 battles
1 minute ago, Sunleader said:

If Wargaming does it with Battleships etc they will effectively be First on this.

Since WarThunder messed up and Tried with their Flimsy Boats which Failed about as Epicly as the NTC did here.

Except that Gaijin went through with it anyways and then ended up with it being Dead in the Water and just now slowly catching up pace after People Believe that Bigger Ships will come.

I would love the realistic game mode, maybe also combine it with some historical scenarios, I would love some historical actions with my graf spee, bismarck, kaga, shokaku and other ships I don't even have yet :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 3

Players
213 posts

Quick-and-easy suggestion:
Make National+ the default voice-chat option.  Most new players won't look or think about it, and they'll miss out on hearing my Waifus commend or scald them.

Also, it's kinda beneficial to new players too:  Hearing the national voice-chat lines gives you one extra piece of information to quickly figure out who is saying what - shaves time off me checking minimap and chat, given context.

Players
1,210 posts
6,267 battles

Is it a possibility to make the camouflage of Nueve de Julio also available for the Boise? In that way I could at least give her the camo that one of her sisters wore.

Players
3,657 posts
245 battles
17 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Hasnt it picked up now, since now heavy cruisers are a thing?

i wouldnt be surprised if wg did a naughty and sneaked in buffs at a later patch like 0.8.8 or 0.8.9

[SCNG]
Weekend Tester
1,378 posts
3,942 battles
5 hours ago, CptBarney said:

Hasnt it picked up now, since now heavy cruisers are a thing?

i wouldnt be surprised if wg did a naughty and sneaked in buffs at a later patch like 0.8.8 or 0.8.9

Possible. But a Community Outrage will then be Extremely Likely again.

And Possibly even worse because people will Quote their Promise here of removing them.

And Yes. WT Sure Picked up even on Light Cruisers.

But the Initial Loss is hard to Overcome.

Thanks to their Messup. They never got the Starting Community for the Naval Part.

So now their Gain of Users is extremely Slow and Fragile.

I am not even sure that WT will manage to go anywhere unless they Implement BBs.

Which will be rather hard with Realistic Settings.

• Cool 1

Players
7,368 posts
9,168 battles
12 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Possible. But a Community Outrage will then be Extremely Likely again.

And Possibly even worse because people will Quote their Promise here of removing them.

And Yes. WT Sure Picked up even on Light Cruisers.

But the Initial Loss is hard to Overcome.

Thanks to their Messup. They never got the Starting Community for the Naval Part.

So now their Gain of Users is extremely Slow and Fragile.

I am not even sure that WT will manage to go anywhere unless they Implement BBs.

Which will be rather hard with Realistic Settings.

WT Cruisers already fight on too cramped maps. And adding bigger maps isn't a solution either, quick tour with 20kts dreadnought on current hightier WoWs maps is quick reminder how fun that would be... not

Players
2,109 posts
15,043 battles

Fix the free-look with RMB so players don't get turned around any more,

and the post-battle time for complimenting others should never expire.

Also, the compliment should have some battle info attached so you at least know for which fight you got it.

• Cool 2

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
741 posts
17,457 battles

Make daily missions available upon server restart and not 2-3 hours later!

• Cool 3

Players
463 posts
8,686 battles

Sensible suggestions. I wish someone was curating this thread!

I would like to propose removing the F10 quick command for "good luck" to Shift+F10, and replace F10 with "sorry" (and make it target-able to an individual when the reticule is pointed at them). 

[-GGS-]
Players
371 posts
9,262 battles

Another karma idea.

Can we use use karma as a currency? Add something in the Armory that you can buy with your karma points. Flag, special premium camo, special commander (Ghandi, Boy George?).

:Smile_hiding:

Edit: Special karma badge?

• Cool 1

Players
2,109 posts
15,043 battles

Delete the "Team Battles" record in the player profile,

or at least grey it out because they have been discontinued a long time ago.

More to the point.,

add a Clan Battles record.

Do maintain it even after transfers.

Is there any way at all to access even your own clan battles record after a transfer?!

CB_tab.jpg

[SRW]
Players
356 posts
4,347 battles
On 7/13/2019 at 1:57 AM, DanSilverwing said:

Sensible suggestions. I wish someone was curating this thread!

I would like to propose removing the F10 quick command for "good luck" to Shift+F10, and replace F10 with "sorry" (and make it target-able to an individual when the reticule is pointed at them). 

The "good luck and fair seas" is the most annoying command available. But I don't think it will be removed.

"Sorry" sounds ok.

I would add "Move bіtch!" command when someone is AFK for the first few minutes, often intentionally. Especially annoying when DDs are in questions since they are supposed to move first...

Players
463 posts
8,686 battles
9 hours ago, Palubarac said:

The "good luck and fair seas" is the most annoying command available. But I don't think it will be removed.

"Sorry" sounds ok.

I would add "Move bіtch!" command when someone is AFK for the first few minutes, often intentionally. Especially annoying when DDs are in questions since they are supposed to move first...

off-topic:

What the F-keys really mean

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/30713-my-chat-f-key-cheat-sheet/?do=findComment&comment=370620

• Cool 1

Players
2,109 posts
15,043 battles

Make it so that in the inventory, players can flag sellable items as unsellable. This is to prevent accidental sale of Modules that can actually make a worthwhile situational difference and that you therefore meant to keep, like Farragut/Mahan C/B Hulls, big/small Mogami guns etc. (especially since the GUI is still super sluggish and a click where you didn't really mean to click happens all too easily.)

• Cool 2

[BULL]
Players
647 posts
6,473 battles

Clan Treasury - Clan Member Donations

Currently the Clan treasury can only accumulate resources from Clan related activities and can collect Steel, Coal and doubloons.

I have seen arguments against donations from clan members, but to be honest they are weak at best.
The high end clans don't need to use resources like this because the players in those clans can easily earn what they need, and the sort of player that needs the allocation from the commander would not get into those clans.

I suggest allowing clan members to make donations to the resources.

Incentive - Rewards.
The clan commander could use the donated resources to run incentives for his members to play more regular or encourage them to improve. I tried this using my own gold for a couple of months and the people appreciated it. For example I did a once a month reward, designated in the clan chat header for the next target. Best improvement on average damage, most frags, most games, most oil collected, most krakens, anything that can easily be monitored. Plus you could award for subjective things like best replay submitted, player the officers think show best all round improvement, or tries hardest.

I treated it as a sort of in house competition in an attempt to boost interest. But being a relatively poor person I could not afford big enough prizes to make it worth while.

I would leave the categories as they are Coal, steel and Gold.

I most definitely would not add XP of any sort or Credits.

I think clan commanders will be able to think of activities that could be rewarded, internal clan games in the training room with their own mini leagues or round robin's, with one on one using the same spec ships.

• Cool 1

Players
45 posts
3,436 battles
On 1/8/2017 at 1:46 PM, TheCinC said:

Please read this before posting, at least read the bold parts, so we can keep this thread effective and clean!

Ever since beta I've tried to create a suggestion thread like this, but so far without success..

Please help make World of Warships great again and add your own suggestions here.

When you add a suggestion, please keep it positive, constructive and if possible, to the point.

Be clear, be specific if possible, use terminology we all understand.

I've added a catalogue of suggestions, per topic, here in this OP, so you can just go to whichever subject interests you most, or check if something already exists, to make voting easier and prevent duplicates.

Please use the appropriate subforum for discussing current or future ships or branches, it is an interesting subject, but too vast to cover here.

Please do not comment on the suggestions, just like them or not, so we can keep this clean and people can just trawl through the suggestions of us forumites.

If you run out of likes, come back another day.

I've seen quite a few inspiring suggestions, but most of those threads die a lonely death sooner or later, this is my way of trying to keep them alive.

If you want a separate topic, or already have one and want me to add them here, PM me and I'll try to add a link in the OP ASAP.

If you want to comment/discuss any or all of the suggestions, please start a separate topic for that suggestion, PM me and I'll try to add a link in the OP ASAP.

If you agree with a suggestion, just click 'Like this'. The more likes, the more popular a suggestion is, the more likely it will at least attract attention.

Thank you for your attention and your cooperation. :Smile_honoring:

[This space intentionally left blank]

Class based captain skills

This has been in my head for a long time. Captain skills that are not univerally used for all ships, but class based captain skills.

The skill tree doesn't have to be large, and it can combine certain "universal" skills, like fire prevention, that are present in all skill trees. 

this can create more combinations of builds for classes. 

Players
81 posts

HMS Antrim,

HMS Shannon.

why I’m writing these names? If anyone ever thought about the RN CA/CL split, I’m sure to allocate ships into t9&t10 was a problem. BC’c might do it but there were no proposals for such a ship at RN after the N3 design which would fit into t8 max imho. But there were proposals building super heavy cruisers to deal with the treaty cruisers the german “pocket battleships” and the proposed japanese type A super heavy cruisers.

I’ve found the following article in this regard (to think about and digest and for further discussion):

http://www.avalanchepress.com/ZRNCruiser1.php

Players
1 post
662 battles

can we stop friendly torpedoes doing damage to allies since lets be honest if you release your torpedoes in clear sight of the target and something like a friendly destroyer suddenly comes in front of the salvo and gets hit the player who fired the torpedoes gets punished for the stupidity of another player. i understand why shells would do damage to friendly players since they are more controllable but torpedoes we have no control over who puts themselves in front of them.

• Funny 2

[-NO-]
[-NO-]
Players
115 posts
16,964 battles

Can you PLEASE stop ending co op battles before time - FOUR games today where we have 4 minutes on timer, less than 600 capture points and 2 FULL HEALTH enemies left and the game ENDS - WHY?? Worse still in three games my torps due to hit in 2 or 3 seconds for another 50 or 60K damage and the AI that runs co ops says F U u aint getting the XP this is bullsh*t - either have a set of rules or dont.

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
516 posts
12,831 battles
1 hour ago, hedgehog_s said:

Can you PLEASE stop ending co op battles before time - FOUR games today where we have 4 minutes on timer, less than 600 capture points and 2 FULL HEALTH enemies left and the game ENDS - WHY?? Worse still in three games my torps due to hit in 2 or 3 seconds for another 50 or 60K damage and the AI that runs co ops says F U u aint getting the XP this is bullsh*t - either have a set of rules or don't.

That's probably the "mercy rule" where if one side's points go to zero the game ends, which can happen in randoms as well as co-op, but happens more often in co-op with the quicker losses of ships and points. There is a thread on the NA PvE subforum asking for the rule to be removed from co-op, so you are not alone in your frustration. 

Players
2,109 posts
15,043 battles

In the upcoming Clan Battles season, the Hotspot map gets new spawns south and north of the C labyrinth.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/cvc-6/

Wargaming could save a lot of people a lot of time if they implemented this change for the training battle map now already, ahead of time.

Because the clans are of course already in training, but they spawn in the old spawns, so it always takes four, five minutes just to get over to C so you can start the training.