You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheCinC

Suggestions thread

2,083 comments in this topic

[CSGP]
Players
6 posts

Dear WG go to helll with this Super chance to Get 200000000000% when MM is totaly broken , played 15 battles do as much as i can and loooze because enemy team have RNG. If you want to tell  players to stop play game use next time launcher. Angry Gargameko idiot who play WG ga,mees 5years

[ASEET]
[ASEET]
Beta Tester
6 posts
7,798 battles

Flagship!

I was wondering, that it would be awesome to have a flagship. And I thought about a bit what it would be like:

1. Flagship can be of any "hull type" you want (T5+) which you have unlocked (i.e. if your highest Jap BB you have unlocked is Amagi, you can have Amagi as Flagship but not the Izumo or Yamato.

2. There can be only one flagship at a time - changing flagship would be time/gold regulated (like once in 14 days with 1000g) and of course you need to purchase the ship with "Flagship" designation (not able to convert already purchased), and recruit a "flag captain" and have a slot.

3. Flagship has it's own captain, you can't assign flagship captain to other ships (but you can transfer it to another flagship if you change the flagship).

4. The flagship has same general stats as the "basic" hull of it's type (without any upgrades). 

5. Optional - Able to buy a Flagship would require certain rank/number of matches/or something else - they wouldn't give one right away - you need to earn it.

Here's what would make them different:

* Flagships could have different upgrade/modifications available - and they would be got by "loot" / "rewards" not unlocked by exp - only by playing with it.

- The special upgrade/mods would be received from "crates" after battles - and they would (somewhat) mirror your performance in the match.

- To qualify for a crate you need to finish top3 on your team with your flagship. And there would be different levels of crates: top 1 winner team = Gold with star, Top 1 loser team = Gold without a star... 2nds silver with or without star and 3rds bronze with or without stars.. star crates can yield slightly better stuff..

- (Alternative crate distribution): You would get crates of different "rewards": Kraken with your FS, would give certain crates with certain loot, Clear Skys something else, Witherer something else... The key is that you need to achieve these with your Flagship.

- The upgrade/modifications could have random stats (let's say you have a battleship as a FS and you could loot a smokegen... and it has an activation time of 10s (with 5x uses)... later you get another smokegen but this time with 30s activation (but only 2 uses)...

- The upgrade/mods would make your flagship be totally unique, and you would be able to fit it best for your play styles, and the upgrades would not be "class restricted" - i.e. BS with smokes or DD's with Repair parties would be possible.

* You could customize your flagship with name (with some sort of limitation/check for "reasonable" names - offensive names could lead to losing the Flagship with all it's mods/upgrades). Or just have the players name on the ships side.  

* You could customize your flagship with custom flags only available for them. (You could get different base, patterns, pictures, colors either by loot or achievements...)

* You could customize your flagship with camo-patterns, only available for them and with special benefits not available for others - these patterns could be obtained with loot crates or achievements

* Flagship captain would have different "skill tree" with specialization (DD, CA, CV, BB) each having unique set of skills available. You could use BB specialization while in DD as a Flagship, but most likely you would benefit having the DD specialization skills... and if you change your flagship, you would need to reset (and redistribute) your skills.

* Flagship skills/upgrade/modifications would also include stuff that would not benefit necessarily YOUR ship, but the ships around you (like - boost accuracy by x% for ships within 5km of your "central fire control"). These might or might not give some "rewards" for you as well... not sure about this... I would kinda love to see unselfish captains that would benefit others and the "only" benefit they get is the "win"... but they might also give some xp/credits (like spotting for others does). 

Gameplay:

* Flagships would perform like premiums (exp/credit wise), but would cost much more to repair.

* Damaging/Sinking enemy FS would yield slightly more score/xp/creds (not much but a bit).

Why Flagship?

Well, There are ships I like a lot, and ships I like a lot less. And I would like to have a reason to play with them even after I've passed it on the skilltree. The Arpeggios are a bit to that way, but as I haven't watch the series (or even that much interested in it) they do not appeal as much - not to mention they pretty much vary only on colorscheme and there isn't anything you can modify them with.

I would like to have MY favourite ship with MY colors/patterns and mods that fit MY playstyle and then take it out... Specially with mods that would help the team - I would like to see much more teamplay and unselfishness in random matches. Currently it's rare and usually you don't get anything  out of it (basically DD laying smoke for others). 

I would like to have more ways to help my team (and perhaps - some benefits to myself as well, but not necessary). Not to mention I would like to have some "RPG" element in training my captain with special skills and fitting my ship of choice with upgrades I like and feel that help/fits my gameplay most. And I would like to hunt for the crates with the slight chance to get that much better version of my favourite upgrade.

The current crates are unbelievably boring (even supercreates) when it comes to the contains of the creates (usually few flags of type you already have too many, xp or credits in amounts that have no impact.. basically the crate are useful for only the new players).

In other words - I would like to have something in the game that I can feel "ownership" and "pride" of... something of my very own and that would have all the tools I find most enjoyable (without making the setups OP of course).

- Malhadras

P.S. IF and that is a big IF, Flagships are allowed in Ranked battles - there should be separate bracket for just them (or max 1 FS / team no matter what class). 

• Cool 2

Players
767 posts
8,212 battles

Named captains that can transfer freely, between the ships they commanded IRL.

OR

Named captains that gain special powers when they command ships they commanded IRL.

Also

Please fix so ARP names are displayed even if you play without ARP enabled. Otherwise I go 'go for the Kongo', and my team goes 'what Kongo', or worse... they go for it, but it's the wrong Kongo, since one of the Kongos is an ARP Haruna.

Also

Please change it so capping circle covers a port, airbase, or other landmark, not an empty patch of ocean. The capping circles are extremely gamey.

And if you do:

Speed up capping if you enter the port with your ship. Would make for interesting gameplay if different ships have different draft and not all can enter the port. Many interesting rules/mechanics can be based around this, that are natural for a landmark, but very unnatural for an empty patch of ocean. I know you tried with Bastion, but that had other problems.

• Cool 1

[__]
Beta Tester
741 posts
1,694 battles

I was just reminded of a proposal someone made, at least several months back.

So credit to whomever was the first to suggest this, but I think it is a good suggestion, so I am adding it here.

Graphics: ability to choose camouflages and bonuses separately

Not all camouflages are created equal. Some of them look really good, some of them just have really great bonuses.

I for one regularly use the 'stock' grey hull, no camouflage, for historical ships that I take an interest in.

It feels weird to sail around with the event camouflages, such as those from Christmas 2015, but the bonuses are often so great, you don't want to miss out.

It would be great if you could pick any camouflage you like, combined with any bonus you want, instead of choosing both at once, and having to choose between a good looking ship and a useful bonus.

I can agree with that one, I adore the Gamescon 2016/17 camo pattern but have few paint jobs left, on the other hand I have hundreds of 'ocean soul' camo left over from Xmas. a pattern I utterly despise but the buffs are too good to ignore

I'd love to be able to switch the permanent and temporary skins to that pattern without losing the benefits of the pattern Ive equipped

Edited by Mymeara

Players
1,152 posts
9,103 battles

Please add to the tooltip of ship moduls a 'Special' section with additional information what this modul upgrade is good for. For example: show flooding chance for torpedo upgrades, show which consumables can be equipped with a hull upgrade/sidegrade, show special cases like i.e. KM DD Z-23 get a dual-barrel gun in the front only if gun AND hull are upgraded or KM DD Gaede get Hydro with a hull upgrade only.

It is very important to know before researching and buying an upgrade which benefit a player, respectively the ship, will receive from a certain upgrade, which upgrade to buy to get access to certain consumables and so on.

Also add the option to see a ship stat-change preview with a desired ship upgrade just like with modules. Let the player see directly at the ship parameters how equiping i.e Concealment upgrade affect the ship concealment or how Main Battery (or Torpedo Tubes) Modification change the reload time or turret traverse time.

• Cool 2

Players
13 posts
6,036 battles

Could it be possible to add the ability to sell vacant slots and captain slots for credits? I have 15 empty ship slots and 20+ captain. I'm pretty damn sure i wont be needing all of those.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
952 posts
5,189 battles

Heres a good suggestion:

kfmy1f5.jpg

The map setting are made so that each ship has its own setting. Which is absolutely annoying for people like me that like to have them all on every ships and ticking them every bloody time i get into a new ship. The best part is that this is one of those options that is not kept after a game reinstall, which is just amazing isn't it? //Rant Over

I understand that some people like to have it different from ship to ship but others don't, so a tickable (:sceptic:) option in the setting to make it universal would be quite nice.

• Cool 1

[IDLK]
Beta Tester
73 posts

General: Suggestions for BB and CV game play

​I believe that everyone has noticed that the game play in high tiers are very unpleasant, especially for CAs. Most of the times when players want to help the team to win the game, they will soon figure out that there is really nothing they can do. The main reason of this is because of the BB players. As all of us has experienced more than once, a huge number of BBs refuse to move out and do the fighting, like they used to do in lower tier games. By most of the times they just move to a place which is located at the very top or bottom of the map or standing in a place behind a mountain and throwing rubbish during the entire game. They provide exactly no help to the team and there is also no one who can stop them from doing this. If someone is unlucky and is teamed up with more than one of these players, the match will be a doomed lost.

So, I suggest that WG should do something in order to change this situation.

1. WG can reduced the gun accuracy on Battleships a bit. This will force them to move closer to each other so they can get a hit.

2. WG can also reduce the AP shell damage, Or simply change the damage cause of the current AP and HE shells, so a penetrated HE shell can do more damage as an AP shell. First of all, this sounds more logical, a HE exploded in the engine room cause obviously more trouble to a ship than a AP shell. Secondly this will reduce the fear of close quarter combat, because the BBs can now use HE shells to punish DDs who wants to fire torpedoes directly in to their face, and DDs are most of the times the biggest fear of a BB.  Also, less damage caused by a AP shell will encourage BBs to move closer, because even a citadel hit will not take away 1/4 of their entire HP, the damage take will be acceptable for them. 
  3. WG can give all BBs better secondary armaments in exchange of accuracy. The current secondary cannons are mostly useless, there firing range is so short that they can only fire on ships which will soon crash on you, except the one on German BBs. Mentioning the German BBs, they are mostly active BB players, because they want to use their secondary. So by offering high tier BBs a much better secondary for example 7KM firing range without upgrades for 127mm guns and 8.5KM for 150mm, BBs will be much more motivated to go out and fight. 
  4. CVs will also be a very useful type of ship which can stop BBs from being a floating bunker. WG should really change the game play of carriers as soon as possible. I will write about my recommendations in the next paragraph.

​Admit or not CVs are currently really poorly balanced. IJN CVs can do a lot more damage as a USN carrier, they also have a much higher victory rate. Even the latest RTS mod can not change anything about that. In fact that RTS mod changed basically noting. So my recommendations for CVs are following:

1. The torpedo bombers should be reworked. Currently a experienced IJN carrier player can easily land 80% of his torpedoes on a moving target which is very unpleasant for all other players. The reason for this is mainly due to the way of torpedo dropping. It is too easy for carriers to aim their torpedoes by using manual drop. The torpedo drop starting line is very close to the edge of dropping circle and after traveling a very short distance the torpedoes will be armed and immediately it will easily hit the target. Ships except DDs are totally hopeless avoiding such attack. But by moving the drop starting line further away from the dropping circle for example, ​starts at 1/2 of the the circle´s radio ​away fron the middle point and give the torpedo a longer arming distance for example, 1/4 of the circle´s radio will significantly reduce the problem. In order to explain the idea clearer I marked my recommended dropping line with blue and arming line with red on the following picture. ​You can have a clearer view by opening point 2.

2.      ​​    WOWS TB.jpg

3. For compensating Carriers should get a better dive bomber, the one armed with HEAP bombs. The current bombers still cannot do enough damage, even the 1000bl one. In order to strike a bomb hit it requires luck, sometimes even a perfect aim ends in just one or two hits, especially for full AA carriers. They must give up their damage deal totally in exchange for a extra group of fighter. A HEAP bomb, which give dive bombers a possibility to score a citadel hit, will be very useful for such players, even with a low chance. This will also largely reduce the unbalance between both IJN to USN and also AA set up to normal set up.  

WOWS TB.jpg

[HF_30]
Players
1,373 posts

Suggestion for increasing IJN DD efficiency and giving them more of a national torp flavor again: linked randomized launchers instead of wide spread. All launchers get fired simultaneously (one-click) with a target area roughly the same or slightly bigger than a single wide spread, but in a random order resulting in a less predictable pattern akin to a staggered launch of RN single launchers. Makes them harder to dodge without any need to tinker with speed or stealth, increases effective dpm without increasing alpha. Good idea or tenacious, old chap, you really shouldn't post when you didn't get any sleep?

Players
195 posts

Hi SyntheticMan,

Seen this "  More Consumables " container, second from the bottom on the list, think I will stop going for Super containers. 

Gold.jpg

Edited by TheRonson

[WBF]
Players
207 posts
12,089 battles

Hi!

I have a suggestion for you.

Please remove Special Upgrades from Super Containers.

- players are waiting more usefull things (signals, doublons, premium ships) when get a Super Container very rarely

- place those to another category

- players usually sell Special Upgrades instantly

- since WG put Special Upgrades to Super Containers, I got only those... I don't need them and I think for most of players too, so remove them at last.

Greetings!

• Cool 2

Supertester, Players
145 posts
10,798 battles

I'd like to see a few tweaks in post battle XP/Credits awarding engine. IMO awards should be more class based, for example:

• DD: Better reward for spotting and capping.
  • CA: Better reward for helping DDs, for example if you spot enemy DD with your radar, you get much better spotting reward (maybe even the same if you did that damage), the same for spotting enemy torpedoes etc...
  • BB: Better reward for actually tanking damage and less reward for doing actual damage.
  • CV: I'm not really CV player, but maybe better reward for spotting enemy ships and shooting down enemy planes?
Edited by Black_Baron_MC
  • Cool 3

Beta Tester
8 posts
4,526 battles

I would like to suggest something concerning smoke screens and the radar function. I am a DD Captain, and after the removal of stealth fire my options now if I want to fire at a ship with my guns and not get killed is to do it while behind and island or do it from within a smoke screen. I am OK with this, stealth fire had to go. However, I feel that this has made the radar consumable a tad bit op. I like the basic idea, but perhaps it can be balanced a bit?  Suggestion 1: When detected by radar while in a smoke screen, only that ship using the radar can see you, and is not able to relay your position. Suggestion 2: Keep it as it is, but remove the enemies ability to lock on to you. Everyone will still see your silhouette and can fire at you with guns and torps, but the dispersion of the guns would be quite bad. Perhaps the person in the smoke screen should be prevented to lock on to people outside of it as well. 

I prefer suggestion number 2, since it wouldn't be an extreme change in my book, but would save a few brave souls getting deleted when capping a flag. Is this a stupid  idea, I don't know. I assume you cruiser captains don't have any problems with how it is currently working;) 

• Cool 1

Players
767 posts
8,212 battles

Suggestion 2: Keep it as it is, but remove the enemies ability to lock on to you. Everyone will still see your silhouette and can fire at you with guns and torps, but the dispersion of the guns would be quite bad. Perhaps the person in the smoke screen should be prevented to lock on to people outside of it as well. 

I like it. I've been thinking along similar lines.

Modification of the above: Permit lock-on, but make it 'gradual', with a clearly visible percentage marker indicating the quality of your firing solution to the target. This percentage and the corresponding dispersion can be calculated server-side, so no room for hacks. For extra clarity, make the client show ships as grey silhouettes if firing solution is below 50%.

* Make smoke reduce firing solution by some percentage.

* Direct spotting increases it by some percentage

* Indirect spotting increases it by a smaller percentage than direct spotting.

This is just the basics. We can also add adjustments for;

* Target firing small caliber guns

* Target firing large caliber guns

* Target speed

* Target maneuvering

* You maneuvering

* Weather effects (fog!)

* Day/Night

* Target burning

* Target using engine boost

... and so on. All these become deceptively easy to implement because the solution is not an absolute on/off, but gradual.

EDIT: One change which could set the balance between DDs, CCs and BBs naturally, is if we implement a bonus to firing solution for each consecutive salvo fired at the same target. Battleships fire more slowly, so they 'naturally' get worse dispersion in this scenario, while the nimbler ships can fire a couple of times and then maneuver to decrease the enemy ships' solutions. A change like that would have very deep consequences though. /EDIT

• Cool 2

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
718 posts
16,997 battles

I'd like to see a few tweaks in post battle XP/Credits awarding engine. IMO awards should be more class based, for example:

• DD: Better reward for spotting and capping.
  • CA: Better reward for helping DDs, for example if you spot enemy DD with your radar, you get much better spotting reward (maybe even the same if you did that damage), the same for spotting enemy torpedoes etc...
  • BB: Better reward for actually tanking damage and less reward for doing actual damage.
  • CV: I'm not really CV player, but maybe better reward for spotting enemy ships and shooting down enemy planes?

X2 but with a few tweaks.

- DDs should also smoke their team instead of hidding in their own smoke waiting for battleships and cruisers to spot for them.

-BBs should be rewarded both for tanking and dealing damage.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,190 posts
29,805 battles

Special upgrades:

If there was an extra slot the value of these would rise even the useless ones.

You could have one slot per ship no more no less.

They might be restricted tierwise and obviously if you f,e, have radar or not.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,190 posts
29,805 battles

Torpedo specialist mechanic/Alternative torpedo settings

I would have liked if you could choose speed vs range. It might need a expert 4 p Captain skill or module in the ship not stock.

It would f.e. give the options of say base range 6 km 60 kts or 4 km 66 kts or similar, longer range f.e. Gearing 12 km 65 kts 8 km 73 kts. You would select alternatives before every reload or face the full reload time if you regret your choice after 30 sec.

Example : You fire a salvo at a close target with fast torps. 1 min 30 sec reload after 45 sec your torp hit. You have been under reload in 45 sec 45 sec left. Enemy sinks. Next enemy is 10 km away, it is a more dangerous adversary and you find it better to launch long range. You hit the reload button 1.30 sec reload before you can fire - same technique as shifting between AP/HE.

It might be better alternatives but this is something I have thought of for a long time  You might want higher differnces - it is just an illustration, perhaps only a few nations perhaps only one (IJN) the torp boats specialists.

There are probably many ways to impement it

[NUKED]
Players
440 posts
11,323 battles

Might be depending on playstyle etc, but please remove the largely useless new "upgraded" modules from supercontainers.

I think I've gotten around 4 supercontainers since these modules were added to the supercontainer drops, and three of them have contained one of these new modules.

They're not bad per se, but they do require you to sacrifice a slot where you might have another module that you actually find more useful. Or as in my case, I never really use spotter planes, just fighters, so when I get an upgraded spotter plane module in a supercontainer, it's the WORST thing I could ever get, even for a regular container.

I'm not going to use it. A single type 5 camo is more valuable to me. Seriously.

So while we can debate whether the upgraded modules are crap overall or not, at least don't put them in low chance "lottery win" containers because it feels like the the opposite of winning.

It would help when you just could choose if you want those modules or not. Just a checkbox whether or not you want a chance to get one of those. That would be enough.

[NUKED]
Players
440 posts
11,323 battles

It would be really helpful when you can see you active ingame missions while you are playing. Like the Feature you have in WoT.

What should be in there:

- The max. 3 missions from the historical campaign

- The active Mission from the weekly mission

- Other missions like the one for the new italian ship, when you have it or playing it. (optional)

[NUKED]
Players
440 posts
11,323 battles
Show when you get spot/assist damage, so you get a better overview what you are doing/getting instead of guessing. Similar to the changes which has done in WoT.
Edited by blindhai
  • Cool 1

[NUKED]
Players
440 posts
11,323 battles
Give DDs some kind of reward when they lay smoke for teammates. In random it happens almost never that a DD lays smoke for his team, because they want to use it for their own benefit. I think it is a good idea to give a XP bonus, when you lay smoke and others are staying in there. To prevent abuse: Member of your own division can be excluded.

[OCTO]
Players
978 posts
18,638 battles

How about adding historical captains with special skills, as rewards for missions?

For example, seeing that it is hunt for Bismarck time, captain of Suffolk should have by default granted RPF skill - no matter how many points he has. Suffolk was trailing Bismarck using radar, so it makes sense. 

He could be could be given as a 6 points captain with enabled 4 point skill. And I am sure that you can find many more examples like that. Heroic captains saving ships on fire could be given default Fire Prevention skill, etc.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,190 posts
29,805 battles

How about adding historical captains with special skills, as rewards for missions?

For example, seeing that it is hunt for Bismarck time, captain of Suffolk should have by default granted RPF skill - no matter how many points he has. Suffolk was trailing Bismarck using radar, so it makes sense. 

He could be could be given as a 6 points captain with enabled 4 point skill. And I am sure that you can find many more examples like that. Heroic captains saving ships on fire could be given default Fire Prevention skill, etc.

Or maybe like Mr Seagal has his bonus, give an additional bonus in Fire extinguishing say 15 % shorter duration (stackable with other skills).

The possibilities are endless. 

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

Would like to see an option for the Naval Base port to have a ship of all three classes docked up at once. It may tank PCs with worse performance, so perhaps have it disabled by default but it would be nice to be able to see the last cruiser and battleship I had selected visible in the background in their respective dry docks when I'm looking at my DD and vice versa.