You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

Yoshino 310mm Shell Weight?

22 comments in this topic

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,919 posts
7,915 battles

On dev blog it has the same AP alpha so chances are its the meagre 430kg shell.

Really wish they would give it the heavier shell as it would be an easy way to differentiate it from Azuma. Better pen and Alpha would better adjust it to tier 10 without needing to buff the RoF.

• Cool 2

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,140 posts
14,799 battles
14 minutes ago, Affeks said:

On dev blog it has the same AP alpha so chances are its the meagre 430kg shell.

Really wish they would give it the heavier shell as it would be an easy way to differentiate it from Azuma. Better pen and Alpha would better adjust it to tier 10 without needing to buff the RoF.

No!

Gib Yoshino Zao reload NAO!

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,149 posts
7,937 battles

Overall it's just, lets say weird, that instead of using the planned AP shell weight, they decided to "calculate it by themselves".

Players
1,393 posts
5,306 battles
13 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

Overall it's just, lets say weird, that instead of using the planned AP shell weight, they decided to "calculate it by themselves".

Well wolf, I have put the question to WG: 

Because if gun performance on both ships is similar, then I would rather get the T9 version as it would be deemed OP. Just like Yamusashigate.

Really not feeling an up-tiered TX ship at all. I want more from the B65, I want a heavy hitter. For as it stands now, Alaska seems a much better ship at T9. Shell Weight, ballistics, damage and HP are all on point. 

[RBMF]
491 posts
6,713 battles
37 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

No more thoughts on this?

What is the Yamusashigate?

As for information on upcoming ships, you'll get more once WG is done on their side and testers/CCs get access to the ships which I don't think will be too long. But I certainly hope Azuma and Yoshino differ in some way...

Players
1,393 posts
5,306 battles
7 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

As for information on upcoming ships, you'll get more once WG is done on their side and testers/CCs get access to the ships which I don't think will be too long. But I certainly hope Azuma and Yoshino differ in some way...

Yamato at Tier 9 = Musashi.

I am saying that the Azuma could be a cruiser version of this, if Azuma and Yoshino have the same ballistics. Why would you go for the Tier X version? When you can have the same guns at Tier 9 and be OP....

Players
1,735 posts
245 battles
8 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

Seems like yoshi will be a watered down pre nerf azuma and azuma....idk makes me cry seeing it.

although poi will be here soon! And i accidently had to delete your waifu in my normanide ;-;

[RBMF]
491 posts
6,713 battles
29 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Seems like yoshi will be a watered down pre nerf azuma and azuma....idk makes me cry seeing it.

although poi will be here soon! And i accidently had to delete your waifu in my normanide ;-;

Don't get too excited about Yuudachi, according to the stream they're thinking of 15km deepwater torps... basically a Tier 7 Asashio...

Players
1,735 posts
245 battles
8 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

Don't get too excited about Yuudachi, according to the stream they're thinking of 15km deepwater torps... basically a Tier 7 Asashio...

r.i.p poi.

also no pls i like my QE and rather not have her face a smaller asashio.

Players
5,026 posts
6,151 battles
43 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Yamato at Tier 9 = Musashi.

I am saying that the Azuma could be a cruiser version of this, if Azuma and Yoshino have the same ballistics. Why would you go for the Tier X version? When you can have the same guns at Tier 9 and be OP....

Because Yoshino gets 30 mm amidships plating, Azuma does not. Yoshino can take a Montana shell and not instantly lose over 10k hp to a citadel hit, because the citadel is positively massive behind absolute paper for armour.

Meanwhile Musashi basically does have Yamato's armour layout. Only real differences are that Musashi sits higher in the water, which typically does not make a significant difference, and the Musashi gets less superstructure and instead more open deck space of plating that cannot even be HE penned by the Hindenburg or Henri.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,664 posts
2,543 battles
On 3/26/2019 at 6:25 PM, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

@Sehales @Sub_Octavian @MrConway @CrysantosIs it still ~450kg or will it have a heavier shell?

Currently she is planned to have the same 448.8Kg (precision matters :Smile_hiding:) shells that can be found on Azuma. We will see how that holds up in testing!

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,919 posts
7,915 battles
8 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Currently she is planned to have the same 448.8Kg (precision matters :Smile_hiding:) shells that can be found on Azuma. We will see how that holds up in testing!

We need a sad react for this one

• Cool 1

Players
1,393 posts
5,306 battles
38 minutes ago, MrConway said:

So if they both have the same projectile, does that mean the Tier 9 ship will counted as OP. Since same ballistics but at lower tier?

[KAKE]
Players
1,429 posts
3,717 battles
4 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

So if they both have the same projectile, does that mean the Tier 9 ship will counted as OP. Since same ballistics but at lower tier?

:fish_palm:

Ship performance is about more than gunnery, ffs!

Players
1,393 posts
5,306 battles
9 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

I want 558kg shells on the yoshino, to make competitive at tier x.

Else it will not be as effective, say against stalingard.

Players
5,442 posts
8,137 battles
52 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Inb4 nerf Furutaka for using tier 9 guns:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,919 posts
7,915 battles
41 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I agree, torps is nice but wont carry the ship.

Stalingrad has AP performance

CA2-D will have 12 guns with even better bounce angles

Yoshino is stuck out here with tier 9 pen, same 9 guns and without the ricochet angles neither of the two others has. Yes it gets the best HE, but thats only alpha, take fire chance and the increased volume that CA2-D would have Yoshino is left out in the dust.. Sure it might get normal cruiser dispersion again, but seems clumsy considering how that WG reverted that on both Azuma and Stalingrad.

• Cool 2

Players
1,393 posts
5,306 battles

@MrConway

The current meta of HE rainbow spamming ships and all manner of high refire malevolences in between, mean that adversaries need to be able to dish out real damage and punish those that dare cross them. This includes the Yoshino, on paper this ship never existed as the original B-65 design did not include torps but at least give it the best ammo. It just so happens that a heavier shell exists for the IJN 310mm gun and the Yoshino should be using it, with Azuma using the 448kg one.

Edited by floribe2000
color spam

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,664 posts
2,543 battles
On 3/29/2019 at 6:07 PM, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

When Yoshino comes for her balance tests we'll look at how to make her competitive - not to worry! :)

• Cool 1

[_KTM_]
Beta Tester
109 posts
7,859 battles

I feel this thread is still relevant .

Looking at the reviews i feel this ship barely competes with Alaska/Kronshtadt , it's so far behind Stalingrad it's not even funny ... 

Could she by any chance get it's historical planned 561 kg shells ?

• Cool 3