You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bruecki2938

New Account Level "leveling" is very questionable....

11 comments in this topic

Players
93 posts
4,468 battles

Because of bordome during night hours I've started an account on NA and the new "Account Level" system where you level up not by XP but by battles played is VERY questionable....

I've reached T5 without any flags/camo boosts and I don't even have unlocked the captains - how "dumb" this is... you "can't" - at least you have some disadvantages like missing important skills, worse concealment, etc. -  play DDs or some low tier cruisers because you are missing on Last Stand, you are losing on captain XP to grind your captain together with your ship as you progress thru the tiers.....

Basically you are forcing the players to spam coop battles to unlock the important stuff....

You can say "well new players should stay in coop to learn the game - it's working as intended" and I would agree on that but actually you don't learn anything about the game because the bots in coop just yolo into you all the time and if you play a BB especially in lower tiers... the game is over before you really had an impact on the game....

Maybe WG, you think about this once again...

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,465 posts
19,590 battles

The genius behind WG is that they'd rather lose a customer than keep a customer.

-No tutorial, no desire to create one.

-Quickly throwing new players into a MM spread where more experienced players make mincemeat of the new guys.

-Mass production of gimmicky premiums, instead of introducing balanced ones (Exeter is the latest example).

-Ignoring feedback from players.

In WG Russia, game plays you.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 2

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
787 posts
4,520 battles

That's why I take new players from my community by hand and force them in to PVP. 

Gives me a reason to seal club and let them learn the "real" game and meta. 

@MrConway The community said it multiple times. We need tutorials in order to make people spend money on this awesome game.  <3 you 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
15 hours ago, Bruecki2938 said:

Because of bordome during night hours I've started an account on NA and the new "Account Level" system where you level up not by XP but by battles played is VERY questionable....

I've reached T5 without any flags/camo boosts and I don't even have unlocked the captains - how "dumb" this is... you "can't" - at least you have some disadvantages like missing important skills, worse concealment, etc. -  play DDs or some low tier cruisers because you are missing on Last Stand, you are losing on captain XP to grind your captain together with your ship as you progress thru the tiers.....

Basically you are forcing the players to spam coop battles to unlock the important stuff....

You can say "well new players should stay in coop to learn the game - it's working as intended" and I would agree on that but actually you don't learn anything about the game because the bots in coop just yolo into you all the time and if you play a BB especially in lower tiers... the game is over before you really had an impact on the game....

Maybe WG, you think about this once again...

The funny part is that this is even counterproductive.

The "bad" players (real "new" players that understandably don't have a clue) will level up faster because their average xp is so low that they reach the required number of battles faster than they would gain the previously needed xp, while "good" players (read:rerolls or copy accounts on other servers like yours) get gimped by locking the good stuff behind a wall of coop battles which they wouldn't need as gaining xp like the old system would be much faster for them. Which means the newbs get thrown into the sealclubbing meatgrinder faster than normal while the wolves between the sheeps get locked in lowtiers with the seals to club for longer than needed.

• Funny 1

Weekend Tester
42 posts

It's kinda annoying to have basic stuff like camo and signals locked behind higher account levels, while stuff like operations and campaigns are unlocked before such basic necessities.

However for actual new players the transition between protected MM at T1-4 to the normal MM at T5 is most likely a much bigger gamebreaker. At T4 Random is like 2 real players per team+bots filling the empty spots. Hilarious for rerolls and an easy "PvP" introduction for new players (until a reroll nukes them). Then you get your T5 ship, start your first battle in your stock ship without camo, signal and with a 0/1 point captain facing a red team now full of real players sailing Nelsons, Belfasts and the likes. A reroll might feel like T8 in TX MM and deal with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if many new players leave after the first few matches with T5 ships - being thrown from a little goldfish pond right into the shark infested ocean is just crazy (and nothing a Tutorial could prepare you for). Going back to lower tiers also solves nothing - you'll just be back in protected MM which can't teach you how to deal with real PvP.

6,029 posts
10,428 battles
14 hours ago, Linkaex said:

We need tutorials in order to make people spend money on this awesome game.

In case you missed the latest QnA: Sub_Octavian gave tutorials as of now a hard NO! 

MAYBE if the backlog decreases and some ressources are available in the not so near future there will be a slot for somethign that MIGHT be able to identify as a tutorial. If there are no other pressing issues by the time.

Q: Any news regarding implementation of some basic, class related tutorials (I.e. a tutorial campaign that can give some minor start up rewards for new players, incentivizing them to learn about the game)?

A: Okay, that will be a tough answer: no.

Why? Because we don't want to implement an expensive tutorial (like a full scale tutorial mission) that won't really help. And be sure, there are a lot of in-game tutorials in games that don't really help (it can be easily tested with A/B). We have several ideas, they are either in back log of our Onboarding team, or being slowly prototyped (and when they're ready, extensive lab testing will be next step before continuing working on them). So it's going, but very, very slowly.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,036 posts
11,131 battles

Wargaming: It is a free to play game.

Old Russian saying: Only free cheese is in mousetrap.the

They ask for feedback, then put fingers in ears, and scream when feedback is not what they wanted to hear.

They lack real creative imagination in how to make the game better, retain players, attract new ones. The just offer more gimmicks, look here shiny things!

As long as money is coming in, and the churn of players is steady then it will be more, and more premium ships, more things to buy, longer grinds, continual power creep.

I still somehow enjoy it.

• Cool 3

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,511 battles
On 3/26/2019 at 10:08 PM, Linkaex said:

That's why I take new players from my community by hand and force them in to PVP. 

Gives me a reason to seal club and let them learn the "real" game and meta. 

@MrConway The community said it multiple times. We need tutorials in order to make people spend money on this awesome game.  <3 you 

We know that new player tutorials are something we need to work on - thanks for the feedback!

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,769 posts
19,411 battles
3 hours ago, MrConway said:

We know that new player tutorials are something we need to work on - thanks for the feedback!

This is contradictory to S_Os recent statement that tutorials will not happen. Care to clarify please?

Unless you mean the creation of content such as written guides on the official homepage, videos, posts on the dev blog etc. which we all know will never reach the majority of players, especially not those who actually need such.

Or ofc you mean that the devs know but do not care.

• Cool 2

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,511 battles
On 3/29/2019 at 8:20 PM, El2aZeR said:

This is contradictory to S_Os recent statement that tutorials will not happen. Care to clarify please?

Unless you mean the creation of content such as written guides on the official homepage, videos, posts on the dev blog etc. which we all know will never reach the majority of players, especially not those who actually need such.

Or ofc you mean that the devs know but do not care.

While in-game tutorials may not happen any time soon, we'll see what we can do with the tools available to us right now - definitely something I would like to work on this year!

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
598 posts

Would be nice if people had the option to choose “new”, and get everything step by step as is now, and “experienced”, and start with every option open.

The entire “grind” in the beginning is boring for a seasoned player.