You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Beastofwar

89 rockets (and a bomb) to destroy a single DD....

367 comments in this topic

[BHSFL]
Players
3,387 posts

It took the whole match attacking a single DD that after capping - which i was totally unable to prevent despite relentless attacks on it - was set on sinking me and/or the other CV. It really behaved like an angry bee. We both had to make a run for it with that single guy chasing us across the seven seas. One heavy damaged enemy BB came near enough to open fire on me but i qucikly torped that one out of existence. But not that unarmoured little DD that seemed indestructible.

I fired 89 rockets into it ! And hit it with a HE bomb before it finally sank. It also shot quite a lot of my aircraft. What a little powerhouse that was !

Isn't that a bit extreme nerfing of CV ? 89 rockets and a whole match shooting almost exclusively that single unarmoured little DD ? I thought 10+ Tiny Tims were already extreme. Heavy damaged BB's and cruiser just sink if i want them to, but not a heavy damaged DD. Those mainly unarmored ships have magic armour ! Should i post this in the bug reporting section ?

By the way i'm not complaining about the score....apparently that little DD was worth quite a lot of XP and credits.

WG306.jpg

WG307.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 3

[BHSFL]
Players
3,387 posts
11 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Sadly rockets are now useless.  Bombs are almost always better.  

Also t8 CV attacking t10 DD.... 

Well WG thinks it normal to throw players in Tier X matches with a Tier VIII ship....shouldnt i be able to target the least powerful (AA) ship ?

That player  had too much skill to be hit by bombs.....would have missed too much to be even marginally effective. And rockets were designed for this, why should they be utterly useless ?

• Cool 1

Players
3,295 posts
14,054 battles
Just now, Beastofwar said:

Well WG thinks it normal to throw me in Tier X matches with a Tier VIII ship....shouldnt i be able to target the least powerful (AA) ship ?

That player  had too much skill to be hit by bombs.....would have missed 100 of them for every hit.

96A2DA50-7DA3-4A5C-8914-94422816A121.jpeg

• Funny 8
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[BHSFL]
Players
3,387 posts

It did sink @Bear_Necessities that is all i have to say to you.

But it isn't right heavy damaged  BB's and Cruisers can just be deleted at will, but not a heavy damaged DD. That is too much magic protection. (nerfing)

• Cool 4

Players
2,878 posts
16,277 battles
21 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

unarmoured little DD ? Those mainly unarmored ships have magic armour !

There's your problem comrade. Look up your alleged DD in the armor viewer.

You see, in glorious Russia ships have magical vodka that makes them invulnerable to puny american toyboats and romulan cloaking devices that makes them appear as smaller classes than they actually are.

Balancerovsk and Balancegrad says hi!

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[BHSFL]
Players
3,387 posts
6 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

There's your problem comrade. Look up your alleged DD in the armor viewer.

You see, in glorious Russia.... DDs do what other people's cruisers do while, while Cruisers do what other peoples BBs can do. Balancerovsk and Balancegrad says hi!

Ah it is a special DD.....that makes somewhat sense. It was almost unstoppable. Russia you say ?

edit : i see now i may have hit his 50 mm side plating too much.....silly mini-cruiser....

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
9,829 posts
11,528 battles

Two issues I see here:

-using HVARs

-not using Dive Bombers

TiTs solve whatever issue you might have with Khabarovsk armor (or any deck armor tbh) AND are much more accurate, especially in Lady Lex. HVARs are good for spraying some random UK/FR BB you bump into, maybe some cruisers due to their dispersion.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,387 posts
12 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Two issues I see here:

-using HVARs

-not using Dive Bombers

TiTs solve whatever issue you might have with Khabarovsk armor (or any deck armor tbh) AND are much more accurate, especially in Lady Lex. HVARs are good for spraying some random UK/FR BB you bump into, maybe some cruisers due to their dispersion.

I just changed the TiT's for HVARS again because they didn't kill unarmoured DD very well....

The only sensible thing would be to get to choose loadout before you lauch a squadron...not before the match not knowing what you are up against.

And yes, i was unfamiliar with armoured DD.....Never encountered that -  so much difficulty sinking a DD - up to now.

• Cool 1

Players
9,829 posts
11,528 battles
1 minute ago, Beastofwar said:

I just changed the TiT's for HVARS again because they didn't kill unarmoured DD very well....

The only sensible thing would be to get to choose loadoaut before you lauch a squadron...not before the match not knowing what you are up against.

And yes, i was unfamiliar with armoured DD.....never encountered that up to now.

HVARs are good choice only against large AND unarmored ships, so FR/UK battleboats, T8 and below carriers. Since their dispersion and aim time nerf, TiTs reign supreme and even then they open up new options due to higher HE pen

[TCLS]
Players
50 posts
1,993 battles
5 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

The only sensible thing would be to get to choose loadoaut before you lauch a squadron...not before the match not knowing what you are up against.

Precisely! :Smile_medal:

If a typical surface ship can switch shell type in a battle, as well as change the torpedo spread, why can't a carrier choose at least the rocket type? (Of course, the weapon selection for all the planes is preferable).

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,387 posts
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

HVARs are good choice only against large AND unarmored ships, so FR/UK battleboats, T8 and below carriers. Since their dispersion and aim time nerf, TiTs reign supreme and even then they open up new options due to higher HE pen

There goes another 1.5 million changing that again :etc_swear:

Players
9,829 posts
11,528 battles
2 minutes ago, Blogaugis said:

Precisely! :Smile_medal:

If a typical surface ship can switch shell type in a battle, as well as change the torpedo spread, why can't a carrier choose at least the rocket type? (Of course, the weapon selection for all the planes is preferable).

2wxmc5.jpg

We're talking about Wargaming, keep that in mind.

2 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

You can always spend 2.5mil (and 38k exp) on T10 CV on that matter:cap_tea:

• Funny 4

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,837 battles

Man, if you had used divebombers instead of rockets you would have blapped the khaba in 2 minutes. Learn to dive

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
598 posts

A lot of DD drivers seem very pissed at CV's at the moment.

I'm usually not, I just take a few rounds in a CV after every round in a DD.... Makes me feel a lot better after a few battles where I just laugh while flying around DD's, keep them constantly spotted, denying them of damage, and pour attack after attack after them.... All of this without any other consideration than I may loose a squad, and be back after 15 seconds again. :cap_rambo:

The DD vs. CV is like a hate/love relationship, the DD's are pissed off and really annoyed, where I've finally found love for a shipclass, CV, where I can piss off other people...... AND it's within the rules :cap_cool:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,960 battles
20 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Erm. You can just reequip the other module, you know.

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,387 posts
52 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

Man, if you had used divebombers instead of rockets you would have blapped the khaba in 2 minutes. Learn to dive

I may be called a noob for not realizing that thing was a mini-armored (AA) cruiser designated as a DD by the game.

But what you say is untrue.....i managed to hit it with 1 bomb and decided he was much too skilled and slippery trying to hit him with more bombs. It is not only my skill diving that brings me succes or not, it is also this enemy DD's skill evading attacks that denies me succes. Maybe you want to discard that players skill as irrelvant, but i saw what he did and know his skill and decided rockets were easier to hit with. And they did, 89 of them. You can't dodge mass fired rockets up close....

He came very near wiping me out by lighting me up to tier X enemy BB's, forcing to take one of them out first....that player knew very well what he was doing. Could have succeeded if the circumstances were slightly diffrent.

• Cool 1

Players
871 posts
9,922 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

The only sensible thing would be to get to choose loadout before you lauch a squadron...not before the match not knowing what you are up against.

And yes, i was unfamiliar with armoured DD.....Never encountered that -  so much difficulty sinking a DD - up to now.

Having seen them run two enemy DDs out of a cap, sinking one, and them proceeding to bully 4 BBs across one side of the map, yes, it is a very special addition to the game. Keep in mind this is after 4 nerfs, so you can imagine the original.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,387 posts
48 minutes ago, That_Other_Nid said:

Having seen them run two enemy DDs out of a cap, sinking one, and them proceeding to bully 4 BBs across one side of the map, yes, it is a very special addition to the game. Keep in mind this is after 4 nerfs, so you can imagine the original.

I can imagine the only one that can stop a Tier X mini- armoured cruiser designated by WG as a Destroyer would be a Tier X real armoured cruiser.... :Smile-_tongue:

Good thing i didn''t turn around and engage him with secondary batteries....that only works well on unarmoured DD and he was too tough to be tempted to do that even though i didn't know what was the cause.  Now at least he could not use his torpedo's for the whole time he chased us. And for that fact, tying up the only DD for the whole match ( and killing an oppertunity  BB ) is not such a bad thing right.....he could have sunk half the allied fleet instead.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[NWP]
Players
2,627 posts
16,253 battles
7 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

It took the whole match attacking a single DD that after capping - which i was totally unable to prevent despite relentless attacks on it - was set on sinking me and/or the other CV. It really behaved like an angry bee. We both had to make a run for it with that single guy chasing us across the seven seas. One heavy damaged enemy BB came near enough to open fire on me but i qucikly torped that one out of existence. But not that unarmoured little DD that seemed indestructible.

I fired 89 rockets into it ! And hit it with a HE bomb before it finally sank. It also shot quite a lot of my aircraft. What a little powerhouse that was !

So how many sorties did you do on that guy?

Guess how much fun he had, being constantly harrassed by a CV. Even a Khaba likes to go dark from time to time to reposition or to heal up a bit. 

Another question I got: how on earth did a Khaba manage to cap with TWO CVs on the enemy team? I mean, the RU light cruiser without smoke managed to CAP in a DOUBLE CV game???

7 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

By the way i'm not complaining about the score....apparently that little DD was worth quite a lot of XP and credits.

So no show us how much damage you did to the GK, the Haku and the flags you run. 

Your screenshot proves exactly nothing about  earning a lot of credit / XP / Free XP, I'm more inclined to go for lot's of boosters.

So here's the pro tip: if you want to brag about that: show your base XP and the detailed results.

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
1,183 posts
25,466 battles
8 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Isn't that a bit extreme nerfing of CV ? 89 rockets and a whole match shooting almost exclusively that single unarmoured little DD ? I thought 10+ Tiny Tims were already extreme. Heavy damaged BB's and cruiser just sink if i want them to, but not a heavy damaged DD. Those mainly unarmored ships have magic armour ! Should i post this in the bug reporting section ?

WG306.jpg

WG307.jpg

Ai, ai, ai....

I would suggest that you learn a bit about armor schemes before you post - or before you choose your targets. 

You see, Khabarovsk is not really a DD. It is a CL high on cocaine.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
6,278 posts
24,145 battles

Khaba that knows hos job can be extremly hard to hit, even with shells, so much in fact that its often more "cost effective" to simply ignore it until you are forced to deal with it, that said if he is coming for you it constitutes the former so you better have good aim or you are screwed and that 50mm belt doesnt help either but you simply have to learn to deal with it

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
1 hour ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Ai, ai, ai....

I would suggest that you learn a bit about armor schemes before you post - or before you choose your targets. 

You see, Khabarovsk is not really a DD. It is a CL high on cocaine.

To be fair many people have suggested that he wind his neck in and think before he posts nonsense, he's given all such advice a stern ignoring.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he's just trolling, but I honestly don't believe it, I think he's just very "speshul".

• Funny 2

Players
6,760 posts
245 battles

Learn to use dive bombers on dd's they are the main weapon against them. Only use rockets against larger ships to soften up their aa and same goes for torpedos as well unless you want to force the dd into a certain direction (i.e your teammates).

Considering mis lex gets 6 bombs compared to 3 on the ranger it should be easier. I don't have much trouble dealing with DD's in my ranger and my lexington is still stock so it's harder to kill things atm but still managing to pull almost 100k damage games in tier 10 (somehow)