Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty

Yue Yang - Legendary Module in the new Meta

17 comments in this topic

Players
185 posts
5,326 battles

Hi All

As the title says, is anyone using the Legendary module at the minute, I have just unlocked it and looking at what it does to my concealment I am in two minds whether the buff to the guns & torpedo's is worth the nerf to the concealment.

Kind Regards

SKWK

Players
185 posts
5,326 battles
1 hour ago, Atorpad said:

Who plays Yueyang anymore.she is almost dead

I appreciate that she has been nerfed heavily but she still isn't a bad DD, her torp's still hit hard, have a really low detection and she carries plenty of smoke, so whilst she's not as good as she once was, she still isn't too bad in my opinion, I just wondered if anyone has some experience with the legendary module since the CV re-release?   My detection has gone from a competitive 5.8km to 6.5km.  Not the end of the world as I know the Russian DD's don't have good detection but do the buffs outweigh the nerf's?

SKWK :Smile_honoring: 

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,052 posts
22,631 battles

I play mine from time to time after I got the legendary upgrade, she seems ok-ish.  Still don't understand why she had to get nerfed while Daring and Haru gunboats have been released and are a sheer terror.

[ARYA]
Players
596 posts
15,400 battles
3 hours ago, Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty said:

My detection has gone from a competitive 5.8km to 6.5km.  Not the end of the world as I know the Russian DD's don't have good detection but do the buffs outweigh the nerf's?

Well in that case even Grozovoi outspots her ! only weapon she has to counter DDs is nerfed guns !!!! one of her advantages specially after nerfs is the detection range 

These are full stealth build detection ranges  

Shimakaze 5.6

Harugumo 6.2

Gearing 5.9

Grozovoi 6

Z-52 6.1

Daring 6

[TTTX]
1,560 posts
14,548 battles
7 minutes ago, Atorpad said:

Well in that case even Grozovoi outspots her ! only weapon she has to counter DDs is nerfed guns !!!! one of her advantages specially after nerfs is the detection range 

Shimakaze 5.8

Harugumo 6.4

Gearing 6.1

Grozovoi 6.2

Z-52 6.2

Daring 6.1

Those are all wrong.

Grozo has 6km as does the Daring.

Z52 is 6.1

Gearing is 5.9

Shima is 5.6

Harugumo is 6.2

45 minutes ago, Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty said:

[...]Not the end of the world as I know the Russian DD's don't have good detection but do the buffs outweigh the nerf's?

A lot of people have that impression based on the Khaba but the hybrid line of Russian DDs have highly competitive concealment (Grozo 6km, Udaloi 6.7km, Ognevoi 6.1km) and will happily murder you. Well maybe not the Ognevoi but the Udaloi or the Grozovoi will absolutely murder you and you cannot get away from them.

I would not play the YY with the Legendary module because there are too many things that can both outspot and kill you.

• Cool 3

Players
3,130 posts
10,584 battles
50 minutes ago, tsounts said:

I play mine from time to time after I got the legendary upgrade, she seems ok-ish.  Still don't understand why she had to get nerfed while Daring and Haru gunboats have been released and are a sheer terror.

Because of WG money practise.  When too many people have them or a new lines comes out, they nerf it. 

Bet it made you grind other lines that come out though. :cap_tea:

Remember, they released the ship in that state after soooooo many tests. Then they wrote line and lines of reasons why they nerfed it? I mean WG, YOU BROUGHT THE SHIP OUT IN THE FIRST BLOODY PLACE LIKE THAT. 

Same old, same old. 

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,052 posts
22,631 battles
16 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

Because of WG money practise.  When too many people have them or a new lines comes out, they nerf it. 

Bet it made you grind other lines that come out though. :cap_tea:

Remember, they released the ship in that state after soooooo many tests. Then they wrote line and lines of reasons why they nerfed it? I mean WG, YOU BROUGHT THE SHIP OUT IN THE FIRST BLOODY PLACE LIKE THAT. 

Same old, same old. 

Yeah I know, they like milking the cash cow, it has been proven in WOT too.

I had already ground the other lines when YY was nerfed but I didn't want her to get nerfed. 

WG works in mysterious ways, people tell them not to implement RPF, they ignore everyone and implement it, then people tell them not to implement the CV rework, and they say that after rigorous testing the unfinished patches are ready to hit the live server....

[TTTX]
1,560 posts
14,548 battles

While I don't want to stifle conversation, please try to stay on topic. :Smile_honoring:

Players
3,130 posts
10,584 battles
14 hours ago, tsounts said:

Yeah I know, they like milking the cash cow, it has been proven in WOT too.

I had already ground the other lines when YY was nerfed but I didn't want her to get nerfed. 

WG works in mysterious ways, people tell them not to implement RPF, they ignore everyone and implement it, then people tell them not to implement the CV rework, and they say that after rigorous testing the unfinished patches are ready to hit the live server....

Yup. But I don't blame them, really i don't.

They are like any other business trying to make money and get along. Like I have always said, if you understand that, nothing they do will ever surprise you. Just the way it is and will never change.:cap_tea:

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles

It hurts too much to reach the former gun power of the YY by using the LM, just to be treated with a massive concealment nerf. I doubt the LM is good in the current meta. You'll go in with a disadvantage vs most other dds. You'd kind of have to push in hard to be able to spot the enemy dd + you'll have incoming torps to dodge + it's entirely possible the enemy dd, which outspots you and is able to torp you, also still outguns you. Too many negatives in the current form. LM not worth it imo.

Players
2,880 posts
16,291 battles
On 3/25/2019 at 12:31 PM, Atorpad said:

Shimakaze 5.6

Harugumo 6.2

Gearing 5.9 (5.6 w legendary module)

Grozovoi 6

Z-52 6.1

Daring 6

fixed for you :cap_cool:

Also I've had my YY legendary module since before the nerf, and it still collects rust in my port.

Loppantorkel really cut to the chase. The legendary module is a straight up nerf. You are better off playing Chung My as it is now a superior ship in every way but gun placement and torp range. Or just enjoy the kitakaze before it gets nerfed, that thing is :etc_swear: awesome. It is basically a tier X on tier IX (It is my best performing ship including ALL of my tier X ships, even outscoring the Minotaur and Wooster by a comfortable margin) 

I considered a passive 20 km shima playstyle (possible due to long range dwt) and depending on rpf to avoid contact. The problem is whatever you pick of smoke or radar, YY like the shima is highly attractive food for most non-shima DDs. The only advantage YY has is concealment, allowing it to smoke and break off early. LM trades away that life-saving advantage plus some further nerfs to radar and smoke for a very minor dpm buff.  Basically the only games where I see this build work, is a non-CV, low DD environment where the YYs torpedo power can be leveraged. And if you really want better torp reload, we're back to the Chung Mu (it also has better dpm, but only going full broadside, which is....contraindicated vs most dds).

• Cool 2

[GCGB]
Players
30 posts
13,650 battles
On 3/25/2019 at 1:47 PM, _Teob_ said:

Grozo 6km, Udaloi 6.7km, Ognevoi 6.1km) and will happily murder you

Thats fake news. Yueyang with legendary module has 20k more He dpm then Grozovoi. Sure Grozovoi guns are more accurate but in close fight that doesnt matter, I would say thats an equal fight. 

Grozovoi will outspot you, but thats why I play the Yueyang with radar. Who ever spot you first you can spot him right after. 

Radar is also great when fighting for caps... you can wait in front of it with the radar range just to the edge of the cap, when the enemy DD is capping you can radar him and friendly cruisers can finish him off/or you pick the fight on your own. Thats something unique as a tier X DD. 

You can even counter Z52 hydro if he smokes and you get out of hydro range, pop radar and probably shooting him undetected because his smoke blocks the sight. 

Players
1,498 posts
11,228 battles
On 3/25/2019 at 1:01 PM, tsounts said:

Still don't understand why she had to get nerfed

Because of the amazing WG logic when it comes to nerfing ships. Not long ago WG said that only about 5% of the playerbase play clan battles. Because these 5% used the YY a lot in CBs, for the reason that this DD has the radar consumable, it was considered too strong. And because the radar was too strong for this game mode, WG nerfed everything else of the ship but the radar. WG punished 100% of the players, because 5% of the players used the ship for this one utility it provides. Before the ship was released everyone said it is a moronic idea to put radar on a DD, but they ignored it. As a result they made this ship almost unplayable because pretty much every other tier 10 DD does a better job at anything the YY can bring to the table. Next patch we will also get altered or new ship upgrades and one of it will make torpedoes spottable at a fix distance of 1.8km. Considering how afraid BB players are when it comes to torps i expect that a lot of them will drop concealment and use this upgrade instead, just because they crap their pants when they see there is a DD in the game. So the amazing stealth of deepwater torps, which the pan-asia DDs have, will become useless as well.

• Cool 1

Players
1,991 posts
13,049 battles
18 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Because of the amazing WG logic when it comes to nerfing ships. Not long ago WG said that only about 5% of the playerbase play clan battles. Because these 5% used the YY a lot in CBs, for the reason that this DD has the radar consumable, it was considered too strong. And because the radar was too strong for this game mode, WG nerfed everything else of the ship but the radar. WG punished 100% of the players, because 5% of the players used the ship for this one utility it provides. Before the ship was released everyone said it is a moronic idea to put radar on a DD, but they ignored it. As a result they made this ship almost unplayable because pretty much every other tier 10 DD does a better job at anything the YY can bring to the table. Next patch we will also get altered or new ship upgrades and one of it will make torpedoes spottable at a fix distance of 1.8km. Considering how afraid BB players are when it comes to torps i expect that a lot of them will drop concealment and use this upgrade instead, just because they crap their pants when they see there is a DD in the game. So the amazing stealth of deepwater torps, which the pan-asia DDs have, will become useless as well.

Another big nerf to YY with this new mod. Damage on high tier panasians, asashio and some USA and Neustra will suffer now.

All new ships with radar, then rockets from CVs, flooding nerf, hydro-gunboat UK DDs, French DDs murdering the others, now all ships can mount hydro mod, radar mod, and who will use torpedo detection mod? Poor players of course, those that could be only sunk, as good BB captains were already pretty much immune to torpedoes. Already there are a lot of games with one poor DD only, is this the aim WG? Get rid of pesky buggers? And if some stubborn :etc_swear: will be still seen playing DDs then you will bring subs to get the rest spotted and killed.

[TTTX]
1,560 posts
14,548 battles
10 hours ago, Lord_of_Tali said:

Thats fake news. Yueyang with legendary module has 20k more He dpm then Grozovoi. Sure Grozovoi guns are more accurate but in close fight that doesnt matter, I would say thats an equal fight. 

Grozovoi will outspot you, but thats why I play the Yueyang with radar. Who ever spot you first you can spot him right after. 

Radar is also great when fighting for caps... you can wait in front of it with the radar range just to the edge of the cap, when the enemy DD is capping you can radar him and friendly cruisers can finish him off/or you pick the fight on your own. Thats something unique as a tier X DD. 

You can even counter Z52 hydro if he smokes and you get out of hydro range, pop radar and probably shooting him undetected because his smoke blocks the sight. 

It's ironic that you are using the expression "fake news" with just as much validity as its inventor (that is to say none).

If they are both using their respective legendary modules the YY has around 18k dpm advantage compared to the Grozovoi while the shell characteristics mean that the Grozo will be landing more shots even at 6.5 km (where the fight will start due to the YY's 6.5km detection range with its legendary module). As the range increases the Grozo's effective DPM is much higher than the YY's due to the later's terrible ballistics.

On top of that the Grozo has more much better speed, more health, a heal, smoke and usable torpedoes against the YY.

The advantages the Grozo has are insurmountable most of the time. Sure you'll win the odd fight against a Grozo here and there but overall, it's not a contest.

Running without smoke and with reduced concealment seems questionable at best. The 25s radar can catch people out occasionally but the notion that the YY can be transformed into some DD hunter is laughable.

I remain of the opinion that the YY is terrible at the moment and its legendary module only accentuates its problems without solving any of its issues.

If it were moved to the 6th spot however (and buffed), it might be quite interesting.

On a separate note, the upcoming Smaland also has radar and has no smoke by default and can be specced fully as a DD hunter (with heal and gunpower similar to the Friesland's). This will be the final nail in the coffin that is radar YY and good riddance I say - maybe that will convince WG to do something about the YY.

• Cool 2

[GCGB]
Players
30 posts
13,650 battles
5 hours ago, _Teob_ said:

the final nail in the

I agree if Smalland comes out without  changes, that would make YY unique style pointless. 

But I think this is the way WG wants to make new ships/premium ships interesting. .. by making them more powerful than the old ones and thus making players explore the new lines/buy premium ships

Economy first :-)