Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrWastee

2nd flag on german ships

37 comments in this topic

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,558 posts
23,777 battles

yea... pretty much self speaking i think.... (flag = jolly roger and such)

ijn: 2 flags mountable

usn: 2 flags mountable

rn: 2 flags mountabale

... now lemme place my bet on next in line will be russians with release of bb's and some whatever way to be able to mount 2 flags (--> collection?!)... (edit: then french?, italians?, ........)

after the rn already got 2nd flags while being released in whole after german lines + at least i think like 2 possible occasions for events on which no german 2nd flag been achievable: please, anyone ( @MrConway):

when, finally, "my fatherlands" ship will be able to mount prussian flag next to jolly roger?

note:

might be a minor thing to most, to me it's a matter of collections, rewards and progression path. if not for anything maybe just for fairness between nations. and maybe even a bit of jealousy i think i gotta admit.

*edited title for clarification

• Cool 9

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Hey, if I can brag with a relatively rare flag, why not double that? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,558 posts
23,777 battles

o c'mon :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:.... it's just a really nice flag and i like to run appropiate flags on my ships, besides something like a special one (not always jolly ;P)... on rn ships its the chapham dockyard one, ijn goes with kure flag and such :Smile_child:....

only one really missing in that regard is the prussian one, as i tend to primarily go with a special one (helps me to easily see what kind of cmdr. i got on actually). just plzzzzz :Smile_bajan2:

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

Well what victorious German naval campaign can we run? WW2 was mostly the German ships being hunted down and sunk by the RN to be honest :Smile_trollface:

Trolling aside, I reckon Germans should be the next 2 flag collection but most likely it'll be Russian.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,767 posts
16,610 battles
37 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

Well what victorious German naval campaign can we run?

Well, ze Germans claimed victory at Jutland too. So there's that...

• Funny 2

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

I have the 'Flag of Prussia' as the second flag on my German ships, is that close enough? I can't remember what I got it for so don't ask.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,060 posts
19,581 battles
1 hour ago, fallenkezef said:

Well what victorious German naval campaign can we run? WW2 was mostly the German ships being hunted down and sunk by the RN to be honest :Smile_trollface:

Trolling aside, I reckon Germans should be the next 2 flag collection but most likely it'll be Russian.

Why WW2.. Why not one to honer the Epic journey SMS Emden in WW1 just to name one example. Or Graff Spee. Ok she was sunk in teh end but only after months of tying up a Hug amount of French and British naval assets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_Emden..

And also  HMS Exeter was hunted down and Sunk buy IJN.  Ans this is reflected in the campaign by the stage that needed IJN ships

• Cool 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,558 posts
23,777 battles
1 hour ago, 250swb said:

I have the 'Flag of Prussia' as the second flag on my German ships, is that close enough? I can't remember what I got it for so don't ask.

:Smile_unsure: u got it for finishing a "mini" collcetion i think, which me personally tbh expected to grant 2nd flags on german ships (been perfect opportunity: missed... gj wg :Smile_sceptic:).... i do not mean second flag in ur sense, in that one i mean 3rd ^^ :Smile_smile::Smile_veryhappy:

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,558 posts
23,777 battles

the trolling aside, "victorious campaign".... it doesn't need to be "victorious", nor "accomplished". imho... in that sense it just needs to be "epic", like as toby said, graf spee, emden, or bismarck hunt, channel breakthrough (operation cerberus, yet missing ingame?), something more dedicated to prinz eugen or even just an event for submarines (no matter if they come ingame or not).

well, tbh idc the slightest in what coat they suit it, i just want them to provide any chance to get 2nd flags also for german ships nAoC, not soontm:Smile_child::Smile_hiding:

Players
685 posts
5,677 battles

Will probably get secondary flag and colour schemes for Ruskies next with their BB line, then for French since they're getting the next line after that. Apparently ...

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,558 posts
23,777 battles
18 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Will probably get secondary flag and colour schemes for Ruskies next with their BB line, then for French since they're getting the next line after that. Apparently ...

... and italians on the horizon beyond :Smile_ohmy:.... see why i did this thread? :Smile_sad::Smile-angry::Smile_izmena:

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,558 posts
23,777 battles
3 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

God I hope so.

can't give double likees, so:

:Smile_veryhappy::Smile-angry::Smile_veryhappy::Smile-angry::Smile_veryhappy::Smile-angry:

• Funny 1

Players
5,976 posts
11,338 battles
4 hours ago, fallenkezef said:

I think there's plenty of (semi-fictional) stuff one can think of when it comes to a German naval campaign..or at least if you meant an operation by this.

Think subs and sinking some merchant ships! :Smile_great::cap_win::Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

Players
5,976 posts
11,338 battles
2 hours ago, MrWastee said:

the trolling aside, "victorious campaign".... it doesn't need to be "victorious", nor "accomplished". imho... in that sense it just needs to be "epic", like as toby said, graf spee, emden, or bismarck hunt, channel breakthrough (operation cerberus, yet missing ingame?), something more dedicated to prinz eugen or even just an event for submarines (no matter if they come ingame or not).

well, tbh idc the slightest in what coat they suit it, i just want them to provide any chance to get 2nd flags also for german ships nAoC, not soontm:Smile_child::Smile_hiding:

Japanese wasn't victorious (well not in WW2 at least?) and it arguably has 2 campaigns :Smile-_tongue:

I'd love a German campaign and being able to mount 2 flags on my German port queens ships and get a German captain that has a somewhat better skillset. Ok, I do like Vigilance but it's too expensive I think.

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,729 posts
1,047 battles
6 hours ago, Ubertron_X said:

Well, ze Germans claimed victory at Jutland too. So there's that...

"Claimed" being the operative word.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,767 posts
16,610 battles
3 minutes ago, zFireWyvern said:

"Claimed" being the operative word.

As the British did not win the battle either I am still going for German tactical victory vs British strategic victory.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,558 posts
23,777 battles

anyways.... brits got their 2nd flag already, whoever may did win (or not) at jutland... so, as they got nothing more to expect on that part, how 'bout bringing one of the, ingame older, nations in line? i really dont care that brits got em before, i just care for germans getting theirs finally.

following some logic, rather earlier than later introduced french or russians. if not for me being german, for sure for the sake of simple logic.

(yee, i know...... wg =/= logic)

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,861 posts
11,810 battles
8 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

As the British did not win the battle either I am still going for German tactical victory vs British strategic victory.

The fact that the Germans did not leave their port in any numbers for the rest of the war means that while they may have 'won' the tactical battle (I think usually the side that remains on the battlefield are acknowledged to be the victors so it wasn't really a German victory) they lost the strategic one.

• Cool 1

Players
853 posts
907 battles

Great Idea, BrusilovX. There could be some sort of mission to obtain a second German ship flag slot. Otherwise, all these commemorative flags just sit uselessly in inventory.

[BOBS3]
Players
1,009 posts
18,678 battles

How about a German Invasion of Norway Arc. Definitely a German Success, with set backs, but a German Victory

Or the Channel Dash

Edited by Cambera_1
Adding

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

Norway collection would be a great idea come to think of it.

On subject of commerce raiders, German Penguin Q ship for premium?

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,861 posts
11,810 battles
20 minutes ago, antean said:

Great Idea, BrusilovX. There could be some sort of mission to obtain a second German ship flag slot. Otherwise, all these commemorative flags just sit uselessly in inventory.

I think all nations that have a tech tree should have the ability to unlock a second flag through some in-game method.

Players
311 posts
14,067 battles

I have 67 flags but wear only couple of them, jollys, prussia for ww1 german, wilvewhaven for ww2german, chatham and british collection for RN and a couple of more flags, but most are never on my ships, it would be awsome if we can take even more on ships, like one more on stern, 3 per ship.